thursday lay of the day

hereford 2.10 investment wings (expected SP 9/4) mccoy booked, thus deflated price for a horse that has one 3rd place out of 9 hurdle attempts. 4th race under mccoy, having finished F,12/15,PU. 16 horses in this race, and, for me, no value here at all.

Re: thursday lay of the day 4.10 Here....... BACK IN BUSINESS..... Sole win came on soft and unraced on anything quicker than good, though some reservations anyway having not jumped great when failing to beat a lower-rated rival in a classified event at Taunton last time......... Only the 1 win from 21 starts......... Stable not firing...... Stepping up in distance....... Jockey not had a winner for a while...... And at around 13/8 as to be a lay for me.

Re: thursday lay of the day 4.20 Ling ORCHARD SUPREME (fcast 9/2) Only beat Bomber Command 2 outings ago due to luck in running and he re, had average form figures before then but he was well beaten in the Winter Derby. I think he will struggle against the opposition today because he has NEVER won above Class 2. I think this is my biggest priced lay in a long time but I think he will get turned over. He also doesnt have regular jock R Hughes on board and although Fortune won on him the only time he rode him, I think this horse is quite difficult to win with and although he has course form I dot think it suits him that well. I think he is better suited to Kempton which has a long straight because it often takes him a long time to get going, and that is incidentally where Fortune won on him.

Re: thursday lay of the day CITY STREETS 3.10 Hereford. Lay. Appeared to look quite useful on debut, but didn't beat anything of note and then disappointed last time. Done nothing extra at home between then and now ( If hearsay is to be believed ) and so doesn't look one to trust and looks rather average. A little premature to write him off just yet after only 2 starts, but Jonjo has had this type before and I think his price should be double figures today if thinking of backing him. Therefore a lay is the only call at the odds. Could win, as of being very unexposed, but I'm willing to take the chance he'll bomb out again. Good luck one and all. http://layntradetheproway.blogspot.com

Re: thursday lay of the day Hi I think ANNEMASSE is an improving horse who recorded a fast time last time out and also has Fanning and not an apprentice to take of weight therefore even getting weight it might not be enough for VITZNAU to beat Annemasse who can continue to improve and make all.LAY VITZNAU at around 2.38 with Betfair. 3.20 LINGFIELD Best wishes RAVEN

Re: thursday lay of the day Lay of the day for me is Ballyaahbutt 5.00 Towcester (13/8 Paddypower) Reasoning behind this is because this horse really does need some give in the ground to produce his best - as seen to good affect last week when it finally won with it's optimum conditions and with Mick Fitz aboard who has been in fantastic form of late! The horse gets steered by it's usual pilot SP Jones today and the nearest he has come to winning on this horse when it was in the same class race 2 runs back over 2m 6f on softish ground with a featherweight of 9st 9lbs beaten 1 3/4 lengths by Iris's Prince - today it has 11st 4lbs and 3 furlongs less - although the horse is a front runner it only seems to have the same one pace. All it's best form has come with give in the ground over further and with a lot less weight and I cannot be having this horse at the current price!

Re: thursday lay of the day Great to see so many posters in here today. :loon Here's hoping the profits will match, so good luck to all. Mine for today: 4.55 Thurles - Anshire Tower, lay at 3.5 A large field and low price for a horse that has achieved very little to date. Placed twice in 9 attempts, both times soft/heavy going, and last time out was 23l adrift in 6th. Trainer has only had 3 winners from 96, and is 0/7 at Thurles, with the last winner over 3 years ago.

Re: thursday lay of the day

hereford 2.10 investment wings (expected SP 9/4) mccoy booked, thus deflated price for a horse that has one 3rd place out of 9 hurdle attempts. 4th race under mccoy, having finished F,12/15,PU. 16 horses in this race, and, for me, no value here at all.
Cracking lay mate:clap

3.20 Lingfield - Annemasse (F/Cast 7/2) Vitznau looks stronger in this one over the 7f.
:clap :clap :clap Unplaced at 6/4
:clap :clap :clap Only 3rd @ 10/11
4.20 Ling ORCHARD SUPREME (fcast 9/2) Only beat Bomber Command 2 outings ago due to luck in running and he re, had average form figures before then but he was well beaten in the Winter Derby. I think he will struggle against the opposition today because he has NEVER won above Class 2. I think this is my biggest priced lay in a long time but I think he will get turned over. He also doesnt have regular jock R Hughes on board and although Fortune won on him the only time he rode him, I think this horse is quite difficult to win with and although he has course form I dot think it suits him that well. I think he is better suited to Kempton which has a long straight because it often takes him a long time to get going, and that is incidentally where Fortune won on him.
:nana :nana :nana Unplaced at 2/1
Fontanesi : 3.00 Tow Pipe stable gone quiet with about 25 losers on the trot, this one, one of his most unreliable inmates and cant be backed at the prices forecast.
:clap :clap :clap Fell 5/2
CITY STREETS 3.10 Hereford. Lay. Appeared to look quite useful on debut, but didn't beat anything of note and then disappointed last time. Done nothing extra at home between then and now ( If hearsay is to be believed ) and so doesn't look one to trust and looks rather average. A little premature to write him off just yet after only 2 starts, but Jonjo has had this type before and I think his price should be double figures today if thinking of backing him. Therefore a lay is the only call at the odds. Could win, as of being very unexposed, but I'm willing to take the chance he'll bomb out again. Good luck one and all. http://layntradetheproway.blogspot.com
:clap :clap :clap P/U at 5/1
Hi I think ANNEMASSE is an improving horse who recorded a fast time last time out and also has Fanning and not an apprentice to take of weight therefore even getting weight it might not be enough for VITZNAU to beat Annemasse who can continue to improve and make all.LAY VITZNAU at around 2.38 with Betfair. 3.20 LINGFIELD Best wishes RAVEN
:clap :clap :clap Only 2nd at Evens
Lay of the day for me is Ballyaahbutt 5.00 Towcester (13/8 Paddypower) Reasoning behind this is because this horse really does need some give in the ground to produce his best - as seen to good affect last week when it finally won with it's optimum conditions and with Mick Fitz aboard who has been in fantastic form of late! The horse gets steered by it's usual pilot SP Jones today and the nearest he has come to winning on this horse when it was in the same class race 2 runs back over 2m 6f on softish ground with a featherweight of 9st 9lbs beaten 1 3/4 lengths by Iris's Prince - today it has 11st 4lbs and 3 furlongs less - although the horse is a front runner it only seems to have the same one pace. All it's best form has come with give in the ground over further and with a lot less weight and I cannot be having this horse at the current price!
:clap :clap :clap Unplaced at 5/2 Plenty of picks and plenty of losers !!!! :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

4.10 Here....... BACK IN BUSINESS..... Sole win came on soft and unraced on anything quicker than good, though some reservations anyway having not jumped great when failing to beat a lower-rated rival in a classified event at Taunton last time......... Only the 1 win from 21 starts......... Stable not firing...... Stepping up in distance....... Jockey not had a winner for a while...... And at around 13/8 as to be a lay for me.
WON 3/1....... :cry :cry :lol

Stewartd14, Sorry about lack of details - only just seen your message after returning from work so will in future put more facts behind reasons!! Zal.
Thats OK mate - just a couple of lines is sufficient so people can see why you are laying it. Well done though, it got stuffed. :lol :lol :ok :ok