** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

International: UEFA 2008 qualifyers, 24/03

I for one love Steve McClaren...laying England pre match has become very profitable as after they run out of ideas after 3 seconds of the kick off the price goes SKY high. My advice is lay England and back the draw....let the game drivel on for 20 minuets and then do the opposite! :ok

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

International: UEFA 2008 qualifyers, 24/03

24/03 Grp D Republic of Ireland15:00WalesMore »
24/03Grp B Scotland15:00GeorgiaMore »
24/03Grp B Faroe Islands15:00UkraineMore »
24/03Grp G Luxembourg17:00BelarusMore »
24/03Grp G Albania17:00SloveniaMore »
24/03Grp A Poland18:00AzerbaijanMore »
24/03Grp B Lithuania19:00FranceMore »
24/03Grp A Kazakhstan19:00SerbiaMore »
24/03Grp C Moldova19:00MaltaMore »
24/03Grp D Cyprus20:00SlovakiaMore »
24/03Grp C Norway20:05Bosnia-HerzegovinaMore »
24/03Grp E Croatia20:15F.Y.R. MacedoniaMore »
24/03Grp F Liechtenstein20:15Northern IrelandMore »
24/03Grp G Netherlands20:30RomaniaMore »
24/03Grp E Israel20:30EnglandMore »
24/03Grp E Estonia20:30RussiaMore »
24/03Grp D Czech Republic20:45GermanyMore »
24/03Grp A Portugal21:00BelgiumMore »
24/03Grp C Greece21:30TurkeyMore »
24/03Grp F Spain22:00Denmark
I do apologise for the annoying MORE hyperlink, I copy-pasted from the uefa website. What do you think? Could be good for high stakes or accumulators. :hope

Re: International: UEFA 2008 qualifyers, 24/03

Albania v Slovenia (11:00 GMT)2.903.252.25110%
Kazakhstan v Serbia & Montenegro (13:00 GMT)11.005.001.37103%
Faroe Islands v Ukraine (15:00 GMT)19.007.801.10109%
Republic of Ireland v Wales (15:00 GMT)1.803.405.00105%
Scotland v Georgia (15:00 GMT)1.444.307.50107%
Luxembourg v Belarus (16:00 GMT)8.505.001.37105%
Lithuania v France (17:00 GMT)8.504.001.50104%
Moldova v Malta (17:00 GMT)1.504.007.00106%
Poland v Azerbaijan (17:00 GMT)1.127.5021.00107%
Cyprus v Slovakia (18:00 GMT)4.333.401.88106%
Estonia v Russia (18:30 GMT)6.003.501.63107%
Israel v England (18:30 GMT)5.003.251.86105%
Norway v Bosnia & Herzegovina (19:05 GMT)1.443.757.00111%
Croatia v Macedonia (19:15 GMT)1.354.509.00108%
Liechtenstein v Northern Ireland (19:15 GMT)8.504.001.45106%
Greece v Turkey (19:30 GMT)2.253.103.40107%
Netherlands v Romania (19:30 GMT)1.503.758.50106%
Czech Republic v Germany (19:45 GMT)2.503.103.00106%
Portugal v Belgium (21:00 GMT)1.504.008.50104%
Spain v Denmark (21:00 GMT)1.663.406.00107%

Re: International: UEFA 2008 qualifyers, 24/03 Event: Norway – Bosnia & Herzegowina Pick: Handicap 0:1 Home Win 2,10 on bwin Reasoning: As an Bosnian , I can not help but advice you to take this pick as granted. 10 of our key players (Bajramovic from Schalke, Spahic from Lokomotiv Moscow, Papac from Rangers, Brazzo Salihamidzic from Bayern, Barbarez from Bayer 04 etc.) are protesting and will not play for the national team as long as the whole bosnian FA including chairman, vice chairman etc resign. This is because it has beign prooved that they took fees from certain players from bosnian, croatian and other low rated leagues for making them appear in national team. One example is Berberovic who made transfer from Sarajevo to bulgarian side Litex as well as many others. There are some new players in the squad who are also there (I dont doubt it) only to be sold. Only an experienced Misimovic from Bochum and Ibisevic from Aachen will be in the starting 11. The others come from serbian or croatian league and will have debut. I know that Norwegian side has been through a lot of problems lately, but I see this as a wonderfull chance for them to gain required morale against B&H side, that is quite incapable of making something special. I think the Norway will easily win by a 2 or even 3 or 4 goal margin, so 2,10 offered by many bookmakers is worth placing. I am still thinking if I would bet on 500 € or 1000 € on this pick. Could be worth taking a bank credit for this price. :ok Good luck

Re: International: UEFA 2008 qualifyers, 24/03 Just one thing, mate - it's not considered the best manners to talk about money and it generally means very little - some might consider your size of bet very small, others very big as there are high-rollers as well as small time punters in here. Instead, it's much better to show how confident you are, eg by the scale (10/10 I believe would read in your case) or by a point system (how many points, usually out of ten, you recommend to stake).;)

Re: International: UEFA 2008 qualifyers, 24/03 Bosnia and Herzegovina: Goalkeepers: Adnan Guso, Eldin Jakupovic, Romeo Mitrovic. Defenders: Djemal Berberovic, Mirko Hrgovic, Branimir Bajic, Safet Nadarevic, Boris Pandja, Vedin Music. Midfield: Dario Damjanovic, Zajko Zeba, Branislav Krunic, Zvjezdan Misimovic, Elvir Rahimic, Darko Maletic, Ajdin Maksumic, Mario Bojic. Attackers: Vedad Ibisevic, Edin Djeko, Zlatan Muslimovic, Adnan Custovic, Mladen Bartolovic, Edin Pehlic, Ivan Radeljic, Admir Vladavic. The players that wont play are: Zlatan Bajramovic, Sasa Papac, Emir Spahic, Ninoslav Milenkovic, Kenan Hasagic, Almir Tolja, Ivica Grlic, Mirsad Beslija, Elvir Bolic and Sergej Barbarez. Norway: Goalkeepers: Rune Jarstein, Thomas Myhre, Håkon Opda. Defenders: Erik Hagen, Brede Hangeland, Marius Johnsen, Frode Kippe, Anders Rambekk, John Arne Riise, Jarl Andre Storbæk. Midfield: Martin Andresen, Simen Brenne, Chrisrin Grindheim, Kristofer Hæstad, Tommy Svindal Larsen, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Fredrik Strømstad. Attackers: John Carew, Thorstein Helstad, Daniel Fredheim Holm, Steffen Iversen, Frode Johnsen, Ole Martin Årst.

Re: International: UEFA 2008 qualifyers, 24/03 Netherlands v Romania My thoughts are that Netherlands won't have problems against Romania. Romania has too much injuries (Chivu,Tamas,F.Petre) and Netherlands only missing Edwin Van Der Sar. I think that the draw here (in Bulgaria) wasn't the right result for them (Netherlands) and they will release their best squad and won't understimate the romanian side. With players like Seedorf,Van der Vaart, Makaay, Huntelaar, Sneijder, Babel etc. they can win with handicap in Amsterdam. Home win!(1.50) Spain v Denmark Another home win for me. The situation with Spain isn't good and a draw or a lose can left them in very big ? for EURO08. They can think and go on the pitch only for the win. I can't say that Denmark is a weak side or smth because they have many quality players. They showed great character against Australia when they beat them 4-1. I like situations when one team needs only win and I think that Spain can sneak it! Spanish win!(1.65)

Re: International: UEFA 2008 qualifyers, 24/03 @Fan 4e Will be with you on Spain. But I just cant agree that Netherlands is going to win Romania by a handicap. I think that Romania shouldnt be underrestimated at all in this match.

Re: International: UEFA 2008 qualifyers, 24/03 Scotland - Georgia Hello. Dare to make my first prediction on punterslounge. As a georgian, I think I know a little more about Georgian team: Claus Topmöller has some problems in defense line, because of injury Georgia will play without captain Kakha Kaladze(Milan) and the centre of defense probably will stay on Zurab Khizanishvili(Blackburn Rovers). Other players of this position are not very strong: Eliava, Salukvadze, Gogua, Shashiashvili, Menteshashvili, Kandelaki - they all play in postsoviet(Ukraine, Latvia, Russia) and Georgian leagues, so the problem is real. The only chanse to take point(s) in Glasgo is in scoring goal(s). Situation is different here: there are really good players able to do it: one of the top scorers of Holland eredivision Shota Arveladze(Alkmaar), Aleksander Iashvili(Freiburg) is in good form also, David Mujiri(Krilia Sovetov,Russia), Levan Kobiashvili(Schalke 04) - very good in standarts. They proved that can score. In last 6 matches only once georgia left the field without a goal(0-3 against France) but scored in other 5: twice against Ukraine(3-2) and Uruguay(2-0), once against Italy(1-3) and Turkey(1-0) and 6 goals on Faroe Islands(0-6). I believe in Georgia goal in Glasgow. So my pick is: Georgia to score 1,75 on Marathonbet 8/10 Good Luck!

Re: International: UEFA 2008 qualifyers, 24/03 thinking of Israel +0.5 and Czech Republic -0.25 For Israel match, England is missing several important fullbacks and strikers. Rooney isn't that "on form" for his country and moreover, most of the first team was engaged in the FA Cup Replays. They have only half-a-week to train for this saturday's match while israel has a full week. Another plus point is that England not only has lesser time to train, they also have lesser time to gel together with some new players filling in the full back or forward position. Israel is well underestimated. They managed to hold a draw away to Russia which I believed is an achievement given the playing conditions der. England on the other hand, has been over-rated by the media. (Israel to win AH +0.5 :hope) Czech has almost full team to play while Germany is missing several star forward. I believe both team will fight for the top spot, hence it will be a close match but i believe the lack in firepower for Germany might prove to be a vital advantage for Czech.

Scotland - Georgia Hello. Dare to make my first prediction on punterslounge. As a georgian, I think I know a little more about Georgian team: Claus Topmöller has some problems in defense line, because of injury Georgia will play without captain Kakha Kaladze(Milan) and the centre of defense probably will stay on Zurab Khizanishvili(Blackburn Rovers). Other players of this position are not very strong: Eliava, Salukvadze, Gogua, Shashiashvili, Menteshashvili, Kandelaki - they all play in postsoviet(Ukraine, Latvia, Russia) and Georgian leagues, so the problem is real. The only chanse to take point(s) in Glasgo is in scoring goal(s). Situation is different here: there are really good players able to do it: one of the top scorers of Holland eredivision Shota Arveladze(Alkmaar), Aleksander Iashvili(Freiburg) is in good form also, David Mujiri(Krilia Sovetov,Russia), Levan Kobiashvili(Schalke 04) - very good in standarts. They proved that can score. In last 6 matches only once georgia left the field without a goal(0-3 against France) but scored in other 5: twice against Ukraine(3-2) and Uruguay(2-0), once against Italy(1-3) and Turkey(1-0) and 6 goals on Faroe Islands(0-6). I believe in Georgia goal in Glasgo. So my pick is: Georgia to score 1,75 on Marathonbet 8/10 Good Luck!
:welcome to the punters lounge bettoro !! im not sure who scotland will start with up front ( scoring isnt scotlands forte !! ) but I think kenny miller will start - he cant score for love nor money for celtic ( I watch him every week !! ) he'll run all day and press defenders like not many centre-forwards are prepared to do, but hes paid to put the ball into the net and simply doesnt do it - maybe internationals relieves the pressure a bit as he been good for scotland. im looking at under 2.5 goals here - neither team are good enough to run up a large score and if either gets in front will defend the lead. 19.00 for the Faroes is a huge price - not many teams run over them up there on the bumpy pitches, might look at faroes +2 to see what odds it conjurs up. Scotland won fairly comfortable in lithuania, cant see the french slipping up @ 1.50 - moreso after being beaten in glasgow, this is a must win game for france. anything other than a low scoring draw will surprise me in Prague.

@Fan 4e Will be with you on Spain. But I just cant agree that Netherlands is going to win Romania by a handicap. I think that Romania shouldnt be underrestimated at all in this match.
I'm glad that I can help people with some picks and posts. Now only Spain has to win :hope About Netherlands - Romania I want to say that I'm not underestimating the Romanians. I just wanted to say that Romania are missing one of their key defenders and Netherlands are not a team that forgives when has opportinities and I fancy them to win. I meant that if Netherlands' players are on form they can win against every side.

Re: International: UEFA 2008 qualifyers, 24/03 Faroe Islands - Ukraine I think Faroe Islands aren't able to score here. On the other side, Ukraine will push more than 1 goal, so I take this bets for correct score at the end of match. Faroe Islands - Ukraine 0:2 @6.50 (bwin) Faroe Islands - Ukraine 0:3 @7:50 Faroe Islands - Ukraine 0:4 @10 Faroe Islands - Ukraine 0:5 @13 All for the same (3/10) stake.

The five month wait for England's Euro 2008 game in Israel, must have felt like an eternity for England manager, Steve McClaren, desperate to make amends for last October's 2-0 Group E defeat by Croatia in Zagreb. Unfortunately for McClaren, the Three Lions don't have an easy game to get their qualification back on track. England will travel to the Ramat Gan National Stadium as slight favourites. This crunch game will see them face an Israeli side who drew with France, Switzerland and Ireland during an unbeaten World Cup 2006 qualification campaign, narrowly missing out on a place in Germany. They are only three points behind Group E leaders Croatia but defeat in Tel Aviv on Saturday would dent their hopes of reaching the 2008 finals.

Israeli coach, Dror Kashtan, has named a 24 man squad, mixing home-grown talent, with Premiership experience. West Ham's Yossi Benayoun will pull the strings in midfield while Bolton's, Tel Ben Haim, marshals the defence; fellow Trotter Idan Tal, is however, suspended along with top-scorer, Roberto Colautti, opening the door for Chelsea's inexperienced 17 year old striker, Ben Sahar. England are without several first choice defenders and their under-studies. England stalwart, Gary Neville, is out along with 18 year old Micah Richards; while Ashley Cole is suspended and his usual replacement for club and country Wayne Bridge, is also crocked. Up-front McClaren will be without the aerial threat of Peter Couch, while Joe Cole and Michael Owen remain long-term absentees, leaving the onus on Manchester United's in-form striker, Wayne Rooney, to improve England's poor recent scoring record, with just one goal in the last four games. England win with bet365/ladbrokes/stanjames @ 1.83

Re: International: UEFA 2008 qualifyers, 24/03 Greece vs. Turkey 25 March, 2007 5.00 am (AUS-TIME) The previous last two games should be a good indication of what could happen in this match. In the FIFA Qualifers last year - both legs finished 0-0; both games held a lot of importance for both sides who couldn't qualify for the WC. Greece & Turkey are both aiming for a first place and a win here in Athens is very crucial. I'm expecting a similiar style of play by the Greeks in Euro 2004 which would be a defensive play. Turkey have a few rookies in their line-up and i doubt they'll be able to score let alone win the game. Long story short, a highly boring defensive game which would finish in a GREECE WIN. Bets to have a look at : Greece Internationals > European Championship 2008 Qualifying Matches > Greece v Turkey > Greece v Turkey','25/03/2007 05:00:00',581809,1,'Greece',101,2.2,0,'False')'>2.20 @ Sportingbet Under 2.5 goals Internationals > European Championship 2008 Qualifying Matches > Greece v Turkey > Greece v Turkey','25/03/2007 05:00:00',581809,4,'Under',117,1.57,2.5,'False')'>1.57 @ Sportingbet

Re: International: UEFA 2008 qualifyers, 24/03 Hello to all and good luck with your bets :drums 2007-03-24 Greece v Turkey I believe that in betting, when we think a lot, when we think lots of details, we lose and miss the real points, facts. And for me the 3 facts which are decisive here are ; 1) When we compare the teams I see no big difference.Teams are almost equal. 2) This is a group game and any point/s are important. 3) Greece plays at home. I know the both teams and watched several times. Its just clear for me that Greece is closer to win and most probbaly a narrow win with a good fight in the midfield is what I expect from this game. In case of a draw we will get our money back and even the odds are not perfect, they are not bad and fair for me. Finally, I can say that, I feel secure and confident by taking this bet. Pick: Greece (0) AH , Odds: 1.56, Stake: 10, Bookmaker: 10bet

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event Estonia vs Russia
Selection Russia -0.75 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 8/10
Date 24/03/2007
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 1.82 (Back)
Reasoning Estonia approaching this match without a win yet in their EURO 2008 qualifier campaign and I think it is very possible for this trend to continue in this match. Based on record, Russia is also a team that is very capable winning away. They won against Macedonia away and 2 - 0 is a decent result considering Macedonia is a tough team to play at home. Incase anyone interested, I have put up results for previous qualifier matches for both teams : 16 Aug 06 Estonia 0 - 1 Macedonia 2 Sep 06 Estonia 0 - 1 Israel 11 Oct 06 Russia 2 - 0 Estonia 6 Sep 06 Russia 0 - 0 Croatia 7 Oct 06 Russia 1 - 1 Israel 11 Oct 06 Russia 2 - 0 Estonia 15 Nov 06 Macedonia 0 - 2 Russia Estonia is a decent team and they are quite strong defensively. Moreover, they will call Marek Lemsalu, Estonian veteran defender, back for this clash. However, they have few kew injuries in their defence and I'm not too sure how will Marek perform after 3 years roughly without international football. Meanwhile in the Russian camp, attacking duo Roman Pavlyuchenko and Pavel Pogrebnyak will miss out for this clash. This lead to Sevilla's Kerzhakov being called to do his national duty. I think it would be too much to say that Russia will score tons against them, but a win is very possible. Russia doesn't really have a good record playing against Estonia at home. However, their last 2 encounter in Estonia were in the year 2002 and 2005 when they lost and drew respectively. Nonetheless, under Hiddink's guidance I think Russia will be a different team compared to the one that visit them back then. They have a tough group with Croatia and England in it and I think Hiddink would love to win this clash and I think he will do it this week.

Re: International: UEFA 2008 qualifyers, 24/03 ok mate, i follow you and place my full bank on norway to beat bosnia single. come here to discuss after the match i have some picks but no money to support them since i decided Norway. Israel v England under Scotland v Georgia under Cyprus v Slovakia away win Greece v Turkey under ( that seems the most popular bet) i have also the feeling of draw here,despite what they say,i think that finally they will compromise to draw which looks ok for both cmon Norway!

i think Israel's odds are great value. Anyone tempted on a 1X ??
i think draw is very probable result,thats the reason i suggested the under 2.5 goals, england is not impressive as national team, actually was disaster in zagreb, i dont trust them at all, all big teams of premiership arte counting to foreigners, imagine man utd without cristiano ronaldo, they couldnt beat even Lille imo, Israel is well known of its defensive tactics, i dont say that home win is out of consideration, i just say that england may escape with draw

Re: International: UEFA 2008 qualifyers, 24/03 SERBIA(vs.Kazakhstan): Stojkovic(Vitesse) - Markovic(Dynamo Kiev), Vidic(Manchester United), Krstajic(Schalke 04), Dragutinovic(FC Sevilla) - Koroman(Red Star), Kovacevic(Lens), Jankovic(Mallorca), Trisovic(Red Star) - Pantelic(Hertha BSC)/Lazovic(Vitesse), Zigic(Racing Santander) Team News: Five Serbia U21 players are called up by Clemente in the senior team: Krasic(CSKA Moscow), Tosic(Sochaux), Jankovic(Mallorca), Antonio Rukavina(Partizan), Babovic(OFK Belgrade) Skipper Dejan Stankovic(Inter Milan) is ruled out through suspension, but will be available for the Portugal match at Marakana on Wednesday night!He's likely to be replaced by either Ergic(Basel) or Jankovic(Mallorca).Maybe even Krasic(CSKA Moscow), but according to some sources Jankovic is very close to take the role of a playmaker! There's one new face in the squad - Kuzmanovic(Fiorentina), who could make his debut on Saturday The likes of Ljuboja(Hamburger SV), Bisevac(Lens), Sasa Ilic(Galatasaray), Kezman(Fenerbahce),...,are not included in the squad for these matches(vs.Kazakhstan and Portugal)! Well, I don't expect an easy match here.As I heard, the game is sold out(around 25'000) and the hosts will have a huge support of their fans.Kazakhstan have also been a very tough nut to crack in some previous matches, but Serbia should really be up for this one.The motivation is huge, especially with a big match(vs.Portugal at Marakana) ahead of them!Definitely some shocking moves by Clemente, but hopefully he knows what he's doing.Fingers crossed... :hope Serbia are priced around 1.35!

Re: International: UEFA 2008 qualifyers, 24/03 If the England team are in trouble then they've come to the right place to re-start their campaign, if youre an England fan and want Mclaren fired, im afraid we might give him a chance to stay. Its Engeland week here and im personaly proud to have Sir Bobby Robson as guest here. I cant call this one as a patriot but the fear is to suffer a defeat after such high hopes. Just glad no Peter Crouch is playing cause we wouldnt be able to deal with him. No bet for me personaly on this game, but if i had to ide go for under 2.5 BOL (to israel :lol )

i think Israel's odds are great value. Anyone tempted on a 1X ??

Lithuania V FranceFrance to Win@ 1.36Open
Estonia V RussiaRussia to Win@ 1.57Open
Norway V Bosnia- HerzegovinaNorway to win@ 1.50Open
Croatia V MacedoniaCroatia to win@ 1.22Open
Holland V RomaniaHolland to win@ 1.44Open
Portugal V BelgiumPortugal to win@ 1.36Open
Nottm Forest V CheltenhamNottm Forest to win@ 1.53Open
Shrewsbury V TorquayShrewsbury to win@ 1.61Open
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Backed first... meant to have been the only bet but naturally with these things there was a flaw! :eyes The bet didnt seem to process so I tried to remember the teams and came out with the below. So I have a six fold and seven fold and with the same teams bar the extra team in the second! Hopefully least one of them comes in... even if only on small stakes. And if you want reasons why I think these teams will win I can add them but do accumulators always need reasoning? Stake : 2.00
Status
spacer.gif
Lithuania V FranceFrance to Win@ 1.36Open
Estonia V RussiaRussia to Win@ 1.57Open
Norway V Bosnia- HerzegovinaNorway to win@ 1.50Open
Holland V RomaniaHolland to win@ 1.44Open
Portugal V BelgiumPortugal to win@ 1.36Open
Nottm Forest V CheltenhamNottm Forest to win@ 1.53Open
Shrewsbury V TorquayShrewsbury to win@ 1.61Open

Faroe Islands - Ukraine I think Faroe Islands aren't able to score here. On the other side, Ukraine will push more than 1 goal, so I take this bets for correct score at the end of match. Faroe Islands - Ukraine 0:2 @6.50 (bwin) Faroe Islands - Ukraine 0:3 @7:50 Faroe Islands - Ukraine 0:4 @10 Faroe Islands - Ukraine 0:5 @13 All for the same (3/10) stake.
I like your thinking. I'm with you on this one. I would push the boat out on this and start at 3-0 or maybe even4-0 Ukraine up to 7-0 and perhaps matched with a combination double or treble elsewhere in the qualifiers. Probably looking at other teams to lose to nil.

Re: International: UEFA 2008 qualifyers, 24/03 Ireland V Wales As an Irish football supporter can only suggest that the bet here is to back Wales. Staunton (aka Father Dougal Maguire) has brought the Irish team down to the level of San Marino or faroes, both whom they have struggled to beat in recent times. The FAI are a disgrace employing Paul Mersons tea boy to run the national side. Croke Park will not have the same effect as it did for the rugby side. This stadium was built for warriors of Irish sport, this rabble will be lucky to get through the doors. Wales to win and Staunton to be sacked by Sunday for the good of Irish Football!:beer