A nice clean fight . . .

Sheerluck Holmes

As i don't have time to do full analysis of my picks with my other GH thread, I'm going to do something thats a bit of fun but hopefully will make some money! In England there are on average, 71 sending offs per league, per season. In the Premiership for example there are 380 games per season. On average this works out at 1 sending off every 5.35 games. Not much of an edge really, but, with a bit of selection and filtering like avoiding card happy refs, local derbies, 'fiery' teams etc, i'm sure its possible to make some profit!!! ;) What I'll be doing

• Backing 0, zero, zilch sendings offs in any given game!
  • Starting bank £50.00 (real money!) Level staking of £10 per bet until I get to markers of £200, £500 and £1000 *yeah right!* when the stakes will be 10% of the bank until the next marker.
  • All bets will be struck with Betfair and Commision will be taken into account

Odds are geneally around the 1.25 mark for this market so i'd be happy with a 99.99%+ S/R! :hope ;) Bon voyage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: A nice clean fight . . .

Does that include multiple red cards in a game? That would surely given you an edge as well.
It certainly does mate! Does anyone have any sites with sending off stats etc? I've got stats for the refs but just wondering if there's a 'hall of shame' type thingy for the worst teams etc - having trouble finding such.

Perfect! :notworthy Cheers chaps, much appreciated! Wish I had them before I started (if it loses i'm goign to start again! :lol ) Mike Dean's in charge today - pretty high red card count but isn't 'due' one today on past form.

Re: A nice clean fight . . . Cheers mate. . . . Nothing for Monday. Half fancied Preston v Southampton but referee seems a bit card happy . . . on average 1 SO every 3.1 games! :eek Probably best keeping away due to the fact that its a big game . . .Would have quite fancied it though as Preston and Southampton are 2 of the most well behaved teams, Southampton especially.

Re: A nice clean fight . . . Barce had 2 mee sent off last game. Lots of unrest. Not sure about this game. Good Luck though.

This may prove trickier than i first thought - with the games available offering sending off odds quite limited, it may be something that i dip in and out of . . . Bet 2 Tuesday 6th March Liverpool v Barcelona £10 @ 1.26

Re: A nice clean fight . . . I tried betting on the no sendings off market, however I failed miserably to make a profit because at the end of the day you can be the cleanest team but have a goalkeeper handle out of the area or something stupid to get sent off. It isnt hard these days! Anyway, I used soccer stats website, they have a fair play table for each league such as: http://www.soccerstats.com/2kcards.asp?league=england Good luck with this, I hope you are much more successful than I was! Aldric PS it would almost be easier to bet ON sendings off in the italian and turkish leagues, check them out - lol!

This may prove trickier than i first thought - with the games available offering sending off odds quite limited, it may be something that i dip in and out of . . . Bet 2 Tuesday 6th March Liverpool v Barcelona £10 @ 1.26
Is this the type of game you want to be doing? By that I mean Champs League, seeing as your research is based on Domestic English Leagues?

Bet 4 Sunday 11th March Plymouth v Watford £10 @ 1.20
:nana Another winner! Will update this tonight . . . Starting to wish I'd done cumulative staking, say over a 5 game period with winnings goign onto next bet, starting again after a loser. With a high strike rate, it should improve returns. Will have a think and may adjust accordingly. :ok

Re: A nice clean fight . . . In fact, from now on, if noboday minds, I'll run the two staking plans simultaneously, 'Banking' the profit from the the cumulative staking after 5 succesful bets (On 4 now!). So an update: After 4 bets Fixed Stakes

BankOverall P/LS/RYield
£58.65£8.65100.021.6
Cumulative Staking (1 more bet until profit banked)
BankOverall P/LS/RYield
£61.84£11.84100.021.0