** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Saturday ~ Lay of the day

Re: Saturday ~ Lay of the day TOP DRESSING - 4-00 Newcastle Horses carrying top weight in races where there are concerns about acting on heavy going are always worth opposing, and given that the quality of this race is such that you could almost pull the winner from a hat , you then have a decent lay bet.

Re: Saturday ~ Lay of the day 4.00 Newcastle....Colonel James well behind on runs on todays forecast heavy ground, well beaten off marks of 73 & 77 since beaten in a seller in November, a poor race today but would expect a few to be too good today, kenny johnson hardly a positive either good luck :)

Re: Saturday ~ Lay of the day Lingfield 13:30 - Bucharest I'm going max lay on this and can't see how it can justify a price of 3.45. As I see it the horse has a lousy record on the all weather, having previously run at Southwell, Kempton and Lingfield, being in the last 3 every time. Distance should be OK based on wins on gdfm at 8f and 6f, but has never inspired over 7f. Trainers recent record is poor, 7 runners in the past 14 days and they've all been last or thereabouts. Lowest topspeed. Jockey has ridden the horse before 5 times, and been last or thereabouts every time. Recent form has been rubbish and the last run wasn't that long ago for major miracles to have happened. Several others in the field with good recent winning and placed form, including Lucius Verrus which looks a likely winner. Racing Post has it priced at 16/1 which seems realistic. There is a big gamble going on on this horse. Past form shows it's a no hoper though, and I'll lay the 3.45 thanks very much.

Re: Saturday ~ Lay of the day 3.15 Fairyhouse..... WATSON LAKE is the best horse in the race but he has had a few hard races recently and he is totally unproven over this distance. The ground will be very heavy and he looks a very poor market leader as I think he will struggle to stay this far in the conditions against some proven plodders who will put his stamina to the test.

Re: Saturday ~ Lay of the day

Thought about laying Natal, I think theres too many question marks! But then Some Bookies has picked it so I can't really oppose it, it's got good chances but the race is well tricky, imho. Perhaps one for Stewartd14's shortlist??? ;)
Was one of 2 on my shortlist but I have decided against that one and I'm laying Lucifer Bleu. Very controversial I know and it is very well in handicap wise but here is why:
  • Step up in distance in combination with heavy ground may find him out
  • Had a long absence then came back with 2 good runs, however it ran only a week ago and the amount of runs it has had since a lengthy layoff worries me
  • Too short of price as competitive race
  • Personally, I dont think he is good enough to win this kind of race
  • Hasn't won at track (stats - 8/9 previous winners have won at track)

Natal is also a good lay though IMO, just I think Lucifer is too short So, 3.10 Kemp LUCIFER BLEU

Lingfield 13:30 - Bucharest I'm going max lay on this and can't see how it can justify a price of 3.45. As I see it the horse has a lousy record on the all weather, having previously run at Southwell, Kempton and Lingfield, being in the last 3 every time. Distance should be OK based on wins on gdfm at 8f and 6f, but has never inspired over 7f. Trainers recent record is poor, 7 runners in the past 14 days and they've all been last or thereabouts. Lowest topspeed. Jockey has ridden the horse before 5 times, and been last or thereabouts every time. Recent form has been rubbish and the last run wasn't that long ago for major miracles to have happened. Several others in the field with good recent winning and placed form, including Lucius Verrus which looks a likely winner. Racing Post has it priced at 16/1 which seems realistic. There is a big gamble going on on this horse. Past form shows it's a no hoper though, and I'll lay the 3.45 thanks very much.
A non runner - withdrawn just before the off. Something distinctly fishy here! :sad Thanks to all who have contributed since the the thread started - it's been proving a nice little earner. :dude

3.15 Fairyhouse..... WATSON LAKE is the best horse in the race but he has had a few hard races recently and he is totally unproven over this distance. The ground will be very heavy and he looks a very poor market leader as I think he will struggle to stay this far in the conditions against some proven plodders who will put his stamina to the test.
Drifted like a barge and as stated above SUNK :nana :nana :ok Well done to all do i say winners or losers :rollin