** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Champions League 20/21.02.2006

ksk1912

Tuesday 20 February 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Celtic v AC Milan (19:45 GMT)3.103.202.40106% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect Score- - -QualifyBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/Under
Lille v Man Utd (19:45 GMT)4.003.232.19102% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect Score- - -QualifyBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/Under
PSV v Arsenal (19:45 GMT)2.803.202.75104% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect Score- - -QualifyBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/Under
Real Madrid v Bayern München (19:45 GMT)2.093.364.33101% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect Score- - -QualifyBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/Under
Wednesday 21 February 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Barcelona v Liverpool (19:45 GMT)1.573.957.90102% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect Score- - -QualifyBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/Under
Inter Milan v Valencia (19:45 GMT)1.853.454.60105% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect Score- - -QualifyBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/Under
Porto v Chelsea (19:45 GMT)4.103.202.17102% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect Score- - -QualifyBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/Under
Roma v Lyon (19:45 GMT)2.503.202.95106% Related markets...Match ResultAsian HandicapHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect Score- - -QualifyBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceDraw No BetFirst Team to ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/Under

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Celtic v AC Milan Dont underestimate Celtic in this game, they have an incredible home record in the champions league. AC Milan havent been prolific scorers this season, especially away from home while Celtic have kept 3 home clean sheets in the Champions League so far. Ill be looking at under 2.5 goals and Celtic not to lose

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Some info for those thinking about backing the Barca-Pool match: The following was reported by Portugal’s Record. It seems that trouble has a habit of following Liverpool around. Liverpool’s last night in the Algarve, where they trained this last week, was quite troubled. Several players were involved in shameful events that only ended when the authorities intervened around 4am on Friday. Acording to witnesses the players used the fact that Benitez had gone to Vilamoura to have fun. But some of the 15 strong group that went to Monty’s bar in Vale do Lobo got out of control. Beers were drunk all night and some players lost count of how much they had. To avoid trouble the British were “invited” to leave the bar, but this didn’t mean the end of the matter, despite the efforts by captain Gerrard and Peter Crouch. When they arrived back at the Barringtons apartment complex, the drunkest players (Dudek, Fowler and Pennant amongst them) damaged cars, electricity boxes and even the inside of some houses, by using golf clubs! The situation only calmed down when police arrived, during which time they had to cuff Dudek who had tried to headbutt an officer. While this was going on witnesses stared in disbelief. AND A FUN sing-song turned into a vicious punch-up as Liverpool ace Craig Bellamy saw red and waded into team-mate John Arne Riise in a drunken rage. The sensational bust-up erupted in the early hours of Friday at the team's Portuguese hotel after a marathon boozing session. An eye witness says the feuding Premiership stars: TRADED INSULTS during a bar's karaoke contest when Riise refused to take the stage, SCREAMED ABUSE as they faced each other toe to toe, TOTTERED back to their training camp base at 2am, FOUGHT in a hotel as Bellamy lashed out at Riise's £5 million legs with a golf club, until the pair were SEPARATED by head coach Rafael Benitez. The outrage has massive implications for both players and the club, who have just been taken over by new American owners. Tycoon co-chairmen George Gillett and Tom Hicks who invested £470 million were said to be furious that their name has been dragged through the mud just before a vital Champions League clash with Barcelona on Wednesday—their most important match this year. Insiders have predicted it could spell the end of 27-year-old bad boy Bellamy's career at Anfield. The astonishing incident kicked off at Monty's Restaurant and Bar in the upmarket Algarve Vale do Lobo resort where Welsh international Bellamy and Norwegian World Cup hero Riise, 25, were winding down with colleagues after five days' training in preparation for Wednesday. An inside source revealed: "There had been a lot of drinking and everyone was enjoying themselves. "But it all went wrong when Craig tried to drag John up for a song. "There was a karaoke competition going on, but John's a quiet one off the pitch and wasn't having it at all. "It started off as a bit of a lark with some of the other lads having a go but then it got completely out of hand. John went ballistic because Craig wouldn't take no for an answer. He was screaming at Craig to leave him alone, saying he wouldn't do it and yelling insults. "Everyone was completely stunned by it because they were really having a go, standing there toe to toe swearing at each other. There were about 20 players in the bar including all the senior guys, like Steven Gerrard, Peter Crouch and Dirk Kuyt. "They were warned to keep a lid on it and it appeared to calm down. "It was really late, about 2am, and the players eventually started drifting off to bed. But Craig, who was sharing with Steve Finnan, was so wound up he couldn't sleep. "He suddenly grabbed a golf club and went looking for John. And when he found him he waded in, hacking at his legs with the club. "All hell was let loose and John suffered a lot of bruising. Craig was out of control and shouting that John had belittled him in front of the lads." Eventually coach Benitez was called to separate the two stars. The boss was said to be horrified and called both players to an emergency summit after they sobered up. Benitez had plenty to worry about. Unconfirmed reports in a local newspaper said one footballer had also been handcuffed after allegedly trying to headbutt a policeman. And it was claimed other players smashed electrical equipment in the resort with their golf clubs. Staff at the four-star Barringtons Centro Deportivo hotel were ordered to keep quiet about the disturbance. "The players flew back to Britain on Friday and were trying to keep a lid on the shameful incident. But our source said: "With Liverpool just about to play one of the most important matches in their history this is the last thing they need. "The break was meant to be a bit of rest and recreation with light training to get the team acclimatised for the Nou Camp on Wednesday, but this fight has ruined everything. "It has heaped disgrace on the club when all the attention should be focused on what happens on the pitch. The new owners can't understand how grown men can behave like this. They believe the club's reputation is in the gutter and find it incredible that this should happen just before the Barcelona game. "If Liverpool lose the match because of this there'll be hell to pay." Riise's teammates are shocked at Bellamy's attack on a fellow professional and friend. A source said: "To smash a golf club into a fellow player's legs is unforgivable. "It's the worst place ever to attack a footballer. Damaged legs are no good to anyone in this business and Riise is known for his trademark blockbusting shots. "It's like deliberately trying to break someone's leg on the pitch — however cross or angry you are, it's a no-brainer. You just can't do it. "John was mortified when Craig came bursting into his room like that. Anything could have happened." It is not clear what punishments the players face. But hard-line Spaniard Benitez is unlikely to tolerate such loutish behaviour ever again and at the very least is expected to fine both men heavily. One insider said: "Some people feel it's time to ship Bellamy out so he can be someone else's problem." A Liverpool spokesman said: "We're not prepared to make any comment." How much of the above is true, is open to debate, but surely could have an impact on their match at the Camp Nou?

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 KSK, I actually was thinking more toward the overs in the Barca-Liverpool match. Liverpools may not have scored in CL on away, but they certainly have lately in EPL, 16-7 differential in last 8 away. Also, games like the Galatasaray match make me question whether Liverpool can keep control of a game. Granted, I hate to take the overs in any CL match, and especially against a Spanish or Portuguese team, but I think this line might be O 2, in which case I'll jump on the over.

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Teams from Italy come in to difficulty when they encounter with teams like Celtic, they have trouble dealing with fast physical but they're smart enough to deal with it. i.e the world cup Milan will like to maintain the game so they can use their home advantage. looks like a draw

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 I have put together this parlay. -ManUnited to Qualify -Chelsea to Qualify -Arsenal to Qualify Can someone please inform me if this is not a good bet for so and so reasons, thanks. I am contimplating putting alot on this parlay.

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Lille vs man u Last games between Lille and Man u: 2005-11-02 Lille - Manchester United 1 - 0 2005-10-18 Manchester United - Lille 0 - 0 2001-10-31 Lille - Manchester United 1 - 1 2001-09-18 Manchester United - Lille 1 - 0 Info: The match is being played away from Lille's Stade Metropole, which is not up to Champions League standards. While last season's 1-0 win against United came at the 80,000-capacity Stade de France outside Paris, this time the game will be played at the home of their local rivals Lens. Lille is set to operate with a lone striker in front of a five-man midfield as Claude Puel's side rely on counter-attacking football. Man u: Manchester United have taken a fully fit squad to Northern France for their Champions League game against Lille. ___________________________________________________________________________ PSV vs ARSENAL 2004-11-24 PSV Eindhoven - Arsenal 1 - 1 2004-09-14 Arsenal - PSV Eindhoven 1 - 0 2002-11-12 Arsenal - PSV Eindhoven 0 - 0 2002-09-25 PSV Eindhoven - Arsenal 0 - 4 Arsenal squad against PSV: 1 Jens LEHMANN (GK) 4 Cesc FABREGAS 5 Kolo TOURE 6 Philippe SENDEROS 7 Tomas ROSICKY 8 Fredrik LJUNGBERG 9 Julio BAPTISTA 10 William GALLAS 13 Alexander HLEB 14 Thierry HENRY 15 DENILSON 16 Mathieu FLAMINI 19 GILBERTO 20 Johan DJOUROU 22 Gael CLICHY 24 Manuel ALMUNIA (GK) 25 Emmanuel ADEBAYOR 30 Jeremie ALIADIERE PSV: Farfan´s absence would be a blow to PSV (He is unsure for the match) who have had to do without the injured Ibrahim Afellay, Patrick Kluivert, John de Jong and Michael Reiziger for the past few weeks. ___________________________________________________________ Real vs bayern munchen: 2004-03-10 Real Madrid - Bayern München 1 - 0 2004-02-24 Bayern München - Real Madrid 1 - 1 2002-04-10 Real Madrid - Bayern München 2 - 0 2002-04-02 Bayern München - Real Madrid 2 - 1 2001-05-09 Bayern München - Real Madrid 2 - 1 2001-05-01 Real Madrid - Bayern München 0 - 1 2000-05-09 Bayern München - Real Madrid 2 - 1 2000-05-03 Real Madrid - Bayern München 2 - 0 Real madrid: Out Diarra. Doubtful are fellow wide man Roberto Carlos and defender Francisco Pavon and Ramos. Bayern Munchen; No squad info yet. ________________________________________________________ Celtic vs Milan Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has a striking crisis: Filippo Inzaghi was expected to replace Ronaldo but he has not recovered from a muscular problem. Alberto Gilardino is also a doubt with knee pain. With Ronaldo cup-tied and Marco Borriello suspended after failing a drugs test, Ancelotti may decide to play Ricardo Oliveira as a lone striker up front. Celtic have concerns about the fitness of Craig Beattie, Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink and Maciej Zurawski ahead of the Champions League tie with AC Milan.

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Real Madrid-Bayern München Both teams are in pretty bad shape in their respective leagues and can hardly come into this game with much confidence. Their last 3 meetings have had few goals. I do however favour Real just slightly as Bayern is horrible away from home this season. Score prediction: 1-0 Pick 1: Real Madrid - 1,95 @ Expekt (3/10) Pick 2: Draw at HT - 2,00 @ Expekt (2/10) Celtic-AC Milan Milan have had a tough season, they haven't really been good away from home but have only lost 1 in the league. Celtic are very strong at home, and with their fans supporting them they can beat anyone. I'm not certain of a home win, so I will back Celtic on the handicap. Score prediction: 1-0 Pick 1: Celtic +0, +0.5 (AH) - 1,80 @ Expekt (4/10) Pick 2: Under 2.5 goals - 1,57 @ Expekt (6/10) Lille-Manchester U United in really good form, but Lille will not be underestimated here. Previous meetings show few goals, and I expect this to be a tight encounter where United will be happy with a draw. However if one would win it, I feel United is the stronger team and in superb form as well. Score prediction: 0-0 Pick 1: DRAW - 3,15 @ Expekt (2/10) Pick 2: Under 2.5 goals - 1,55 @ Expekt (5/10) PSV-Arsenal Arsenal missing both RBs and VanPersie through injury, otherwise a very fit squad. Both teams are in good form in their leagues. Like United, Arsenal will be happy to get a draw here, however I think we will se goals as both teams have players with ability to score and neither team is shy to do so when given the chance. Difficult match to predict though... Score prediction: 1-1 Pick 1: DRAW - 3,00 @ Expekt (2/10) GL :hope

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Celtic v AC Milan
Selection Under 2 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 20/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.04 (Back)
Reasoning I can just imagine how the match will go.. Celtic will try to attack the Italians in the start of the game, but after 15 mins we will be seeing the game you could easily fall asleep when watching (if youre not a fan of wither team). Italians known for their ability ti keep their sheet intact, but they will IMO also have problems finding the net themselves...as i heard theyre travelling to Glasgow with only one striker - Oliviera, because of injury problems Inzaghi will stay in Italy, Ronaldo is ineligible and Gilardino have also knee problems, so the second striker next to Oliveira to travel will be David Di Gennaro (no matches for senior team).

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 REAL MADRID-BAYERN MUNCHEN -1 Real must find the way for a memorable win to convince themselves they are valorous palyers and the don't play at REAL without a reason.Bayern is a team which can't find their form even tough 'badboy' Magath has gone.If they don't start to paly football next year won't play in CL.They don't know how to paly like visitors so i think Real will win 1-0 2-0 easy i can say

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 CELTIC-AC MILAN - UNDER 2.5 I can only say is a very strong match.Celtic is very good at hom ebut Milan has a lot of experience in CL.Do not forget Celtic don't know how to Think strong matches.They can face Milan but not to beat them.Milan will comne to draw which is very probable 0-0 ; 1-1.Celtic has to score for a goo think to next step.But is very hard.It will be a low level match i think which might end even with a victory of Milan if they will speculate one error of Celtic.But under 2.5 sounds good GL:ok

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 LILLE-MANCHESTER U -UNDER 2.5 Why?Because we have a very tight game which may end Home 1X2 very easy.Hard to launch on an odd here because Lille is a good team wich can put problem in this gam.Lille won't attack so much even she palys home i sure.They'll play at midfield,Manchester is very pleased with a draw wich might be the problem they won't put so many problems Lille defensive but MU can score very easy a goal on counter-attack and i'm sure Lille can't come back.But more usefull odd is under 2.5 because is a very tight game wich might be ending 0-0 1-1 0-1:ok GL

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 I went for a United and chelsea double, Mourinho will go all out on his old team and to prove critics wrong at the moment, whereas Lille will be so down atm having lost the league to Lyon in the last 10mins of a match where they could have been back in contention for the title! Both even money!

Real Madrid v Bayern München Two big team with out form,and i think it will be tiresome game. My first selection is for this game draw,but if somebody win that will be Bayern München. Selection : 1-Bayern (0) Ah 2-Under 2.5 goal.
I stay behind on my bet,i know how difficult is this match for both team. ı read from German press that Capello resign,but i dont know the realisms this news.My first selection is Away win and i dont believe on a draw here.

KSK' date=' I actually was thinking more toward the overs in the Barca-Liverpool match. Liverpools may not have scored in CL on away, but they certainly have lately in EPL, 16-7 differential in last 8 away. Also, games like the Galatasaray match make me question whether Liverpool can keep control of a game. Granted, I hate to take the overs in any CL match, and especially against a Spanish or Portuguese team, but I think this line might be O 2, in which case I'll jump on the over.[/quote'] Good luck :dude ,but Barca have any problems between players and coach an it will be not easy too score 2.5 goal here.

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Lille-ManU selection : Ah0 on Manu Odds : 1.6 @ interwetten reason : simply lille is not in a good form an on the other side manu recent form is very good . and also i think the odds is very good for this type of betting. sorry my english isn't so good

Originally Posted by allthethings KSK, I actually was thinking more toward the overs in the Barca-Liverpool match. Liverpools may not have scored in CL on away, but they certainly have lately in EPL, 16-7 differential in last 8 away. Also, games like the Galatasaray match make me question whether Liverpool can keep control of a game. Granted, I hate to take the overs in any CL match, and especially against a Spanish or Portuguese team, but I think this line might be O 2, in which case I'll jump on the over. Good luck ,but Barca have any problems between players and coach an it will be not easy too score 2.5 goal here.
Yes...in all the games the line is U 2, not 2.5, which makes it very dicey to me to play the under...I haven't made any bets yet, and may stay away from the CL completely at this point. It seems the ones that appear to be overs go under, and vice versa, and in the qfinals don't teams start to be less aggressive as a rule? BOL with all your bets!

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 PSV v Arsenal I think you have to take on psv at the moment since their return from their winter break they havent been the psv of old. They won at the weekend at Hercaleus and to be honest the 2-0 scoreline severly flattered PSV with last minute goal they look clueless up front for most of the match and their oppenents are a pretty poor side. Arsenal on the other hand dont really have a match this weekend as the big guns be rested during the carling cup final and with the reply in the FA cup i think arsenal will go out to win the tie here and now. My only draw back is the psv defence with Alex and Gomes who are of a better standard than most players in holland, so a low scoring draw could be possible but arsenal not to lose. Max stake Arsenal(0)

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 celtic - milan Ill be at celtic park tonight in what will be another noisy affair, for all we are very poor away from home in this competition, we are very strong at home ( think its won 8, drew 3 and lost 1 ) which is on par with anyone in europe - this list takes into account milan, juventus, man utd, barca, bayern munich, porto, shakhter, lyon etc.. it cant all be coincidence - we now have a world class keeper in boruc and major potential match winners in nakamuras free-kicks ( scored another on saturday ) and dutch international vennegor of hesselink up front. That said, milan will be aware of this and come to shut up shop and take advantage of our poor away form - under 2.5 goals is as solid a bet ive seen for a while.