** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League 20/21.02.2006

ksk1912

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 thankyou and well done to everyone who flagged up the Celtic-AC unders,:clap I used it in a nice double with Arsenal-PSV unders. Arsenal always seem to be low scoring in Europe, mainly because teams put 9 behind the ball against them I suppose and I still don't think they've cracked how to play that yet.

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Barcelona team squad : The complete list of players for the game against Liverpool is : Valdés, Jorquera, Belletti, Oleguer, Puyol, Thuram, Márquez, Gio, Zambrotta, Motta, Xavi, Deco, Iniesta, Gudjohnsen, Saviola, Ronaldinho, Messi and Giuly.

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Real Madrid v Bayern München I will say something about this game,i born in germany and living 14 year there , i'm a fan from Bayern München.Right now i living in Turkey and i'm a fan from Fenerbahce,but i support my local team all of first KARŞIYAKA (ksk). I BET never about the team that i support,this is my first rule,because i can lose my mind and i will every time see this teams on pole position... From now i will just give important news about this three teams. About the match ; Real play really tiresome,Bayern have played 70 minute very nice. Bayern imprisonment them in second half in owner field,but the second goal come to late.and Casillas save sansational the shot from Santa Cruz. Congratulations for both team they fight very hard.

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Any thoughts on INTER vs VALENCIA game? Valencia's away record in Spanish Lg. stands 4W, 2D, 6L GS 9 - GA 16 INTER's home record 10W, 1D, 0L (hasnt lost a game since last yr in September losing to Bayern). Viera is only missing from Inter, not sure about Valencia. My opinion is INTER WIN but want to hear other opnions before I bet. thx

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 INTER - VALENCIA - 1 1.8 Why?Because now is the moment for Inter 2 show that it's capable to win in Europe with strong teams not only in Italy with Sampdoria,Cagliari & Co.They have a strong team,better than Valencia.On the oder hand Valencia don't know how to play like visitors if they face a strong enemy.Thinking also at the Inter's fans i am sure that they can win without conciding any goal. So i'm on Inter also for Mancini,which can't leave this team becauce of his results and i think now is the moment to show everybody his qualitty. So,i repeat,INTER ,even tough i don't like them at all but when i think making money i must be fair and play with mind not with soul. GL:ok :ok :ok :ok :ok :ok :ok :ok

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006

INTER - VALENCIA - 1 1.8 Why?Because now is the moment for Inter 2 show that it's capable to win in Europe with strong teams not only in Italy with Sampdoria,Cagliari & Co.They have a strong team,better than Valencia.On the oder hand Valencia don't know how to play like visitors if they face a strong enemy.Thinking also at the Inter's fans i am sure that they can win without conciding any goal. So i'm on Inter also for Mancini,which can't leave this team becauce of his results and i think now is the moment to show everybody his qualitty. So,i repeat,INTER ,even tough i don't like them at all but when i think making money i must be fair and play with mind not with soul. GL:ok :ok :ok :ok :ok :ok :ok :ok
good writing golo for Inter, but my BIGGEST concern is Inter missing Vieira, e is really big player and can play in offence as well as in defence. Now main question is how will Inters defence cope with two world class striker Villa and Morientes. I am thinking to put money on Inter but after Vieira missing Im not so sure that Inter will clearly win. Good form in Serie A but we all know about milan,juventus etc. In the end Inter should win this with Adriano in-form, as well as Stankovic and their numerous fans. Still afraide of Villa and Morientes. Any thoughts ??

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 :dude

AS Roma v Lyon i.giff.gif
FC Barcelona v Liverpool i.giff.gif
FC Porto v Chelsea i.giff.gif
Inter Milan v Valencia i.giff.gif
Roma v Lyon- no bet maybe over 2.5 3/10. Don't underestimate Lyon although they are poor lately. Barca v Pool -1 and under 2.5, Pool plays defensive in away games I don't think they will play an open game on Barca's stadium. Good defences both side, tight game probably result 1-0,2-0. Porto v Chelsea -2 , Chelsea better then Porto in all departments, motivation high I think Chelsea will win Champions this year, Expected result 0-1,0-2 Inter - Valencia -1 and over 2.5, Home advantage is crucial in all competitions, Inter will try too qualify from the first leg. Both teams have good attack!2-1,3-1 Good luck!

INTER - VALENCIA - 1 1.8 Why?Because now is the moment for Inter 2 show that it's capable to win in Europe with strong teams not only in Italy with Sampdoria,Cagliari & Co.They have a strong team,better than Valencia.On the oder hand Valencia don't know how to play like visitors if they face a strong enemy.Thinking also at the Inter's fans i am sure that they can win without conciding any goal. So i'm on Inter also for Mancini,which can't leave this team becauce of his results and i think now is the moment to show everybody his qualitty. So,i repeat,INTER ,even tough i don't like them at all but when i think making money i must be fair and play with mind not with soul. GL:ok :ok :ok :ok :ok :ok :ok :ok
Golo I think you undervalue a Valencia team which has just come off a sharp 3-1 win over Barcelona at the weekend. It is true, the team was in terrible shape earlier in the season when they were literally ripped apart by injuries, however they still managed to top their group with an understrength squad. With all their players back on board, they will really test Inter who have had a pretty easy ride in Serie A this year. Another stat, two years ago they visited the San Siro in the group stages and held Inter to a 0-0 draw. The real value is represented in Valencia for this match. Valencia 3.20 DNB

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 I don't say that Valencia isn't strong with Villa and Morientes but they wouldn't have the chance to show their abillities.Mancini is a very good manager and i'm sure he knows whst to do with both.Valencia goes there to a draw it is known that almost every team which goes to draw lose in the end.Inter is strong enough without Vieira and the must so this.Valencia is a inconstantly team which have won with Barcelona because Ronaldinhio&Co have a mental problem.I think Valencia will prefer the second round to finish the qualifying team betwen them and Inter. So i'm Still on Inter.I don't know why but i fell a 1-0 2-0 victory ,a goal scored by Adriano. GL

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Inter vs.Valencia
Selection Inter (-0.5) (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 21/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price >10bet @ 1.87 (Back)
Reasoning Pretty high odds for the Inter team who are currently breaking all the records in the Serie A. Valencia on the other hand are struggling when playing away from home in Primera division. They did pick up the pace lately but IMO they dont stand a chance against Inter who is finally playing the expected football and getting the results they wanted.

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 :ok :ok :ok :ok :ok Barcelona - Liverpool x ht 2.3 Strong match i can say!I don't know what is happening to Barcelona but certanly not something good right before CL.They haven't win awy for 2 mounths and thie is not good for a team which wants to be CHAMPIONS again.But they are lucky they are beating with Real ,Sevilla and Valencia because this teams make the same midstakes.So commin' back at this match i have to say that i see a first half withouth goals with Barca not riscking as much as always at home at A Liverpool whuch goes on counter-attack.Withouth a horinzont will attack Liverpool. This is the main fact which makes me to go on a x HT GL

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Porto vs. Chelsea
Selection Porto (+0.5) (Asian Handicap) AND Under 2.5 goals @ 1.53
Strength 10/10
Date 21/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price >10bet @ 1.79 (Back)
Reasoning This isnt one the best grounds to be playing in and i really cant see Porto loosing the match tonight, sure they will not attack is only the first leg of the match, but they will wait patiently and look for their opportunities in counters and from set pieces, or maybe a sheer brialiancefrom Gonzalez. As Chelsea is concerned, the same motivation Mourinho will give tio his team - same one the home team will have to ruin the night for the former manager. Cant see many goals scored in this one aswell, hence also the under bet, maybe 1-1 end result will just do it.

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Inter-Valencia Inter are in super form in the league and have won games, I don't know for how long now. ;) Valencia have satrted to improve a lot on the league and after their win against Barcelona they are in the titel race again! I expect a tight game but favour Inter. It's also interesting to note that the last 3 meetings at Inter, all games have ended under 2.5 goals. On form striker Ibrahimovich to score first @ 7,00? Not impossible and good price, may consider taking it later today. :) Score prediction: 1-0 Pick 1: Inter - 1,85 @ Expekt (4/10) Pick 2: Under 2.5 goals - 1,62 @ Expekt (6/10) Pick 3: Draw at HT - 2,05 @ Expekt (2/10) Barcelona-Liverpool Interesting to see that the price on Barca is rising! At the weekend I thought that this was the best time to play Barca, however after reading about the Liverpool "incident" at Portugal training camp I'm not sure anymore. It's hard to tell what shape the team will be in, but surley it can't be good for team spirit? Barca win! Score prediction: 2-1 Pick 1: Barcelona - 1,70 @ Expekt (3/10) Porto-Chelsea Mourinho return to Porto in this important CL tie. No doubt we will see a close and hard fought encounter as Porto and Mourinho will no doubt be fired up for this one! I can't see many goals, and maybe not even a winner. Score prediction: 0-1 Pick 1: Draw at HT - 2,00 @ Expekt (2/10) Roma-Lyon Tough game to call, Roma are good at home and even though Lyon isn't in the best of form they are still a quality side. I think we could see a few goals here, both teams have the ability to score and the price on the overs are pretty nice! Score prediction: 2-1 Pick 1: Over 2.5 goals - 2,30 @ Expekt (2/10) GL! :hope

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Barcelona over 2.5 @ 2.15 (Centrebet) Barcelona will start warm favourites for this game but there are doubts about them. While they have the class to win this game i think that Liverpool will do enough to get a goal or two. Barcelona should come out strong like they did in that must win game against Bremen, where they led 2-0 early on. However, as i think this may happen again the difference here is that Liverpool will go all out to get at least a goal back to set up a victory at home. They know they can't afford to leave Spain with a 2 goal deficit so they will attack and then they will score or leave holes open for a third Barca goal Inter Milan over 2.5 @ 2.25 (Centrebet) Both teams play a similar style of football and especially because of the strikers like Ibrahimovic and Villa on display, goals are likely. Even though both teams have good defences what makes them even better is the abiltiy of the repective midfields to make many chances for their strikers. So with this in mind, then these strikers should able to score Chelsea win @ 2.25 (Centrebet) While Porto have been solid at home a much stronger Chelsea side deserve to be favourites to win this game. Look for Terry to marshall the defence to lay the platform for Lampard and Robben in midfield to pry open the Porto defence for the likes of Drogba to put these chances away Roma over 2.5 @ 2.35 (centrebet) Both teams like to play attacking football so expect to see plenty of chances and hence goals. Roma will look to get at least a 1 goal cushing before they go to france while Lyon only know one way to play so they will continue to pound the roma goal.

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Chelsea win - Not able to check odds yet so taken as 2.25 (Centrebet) as above Chelsea will be looking for an initiative especially in light of the recent press comments about Mourinho and the game tonight being all important for his future at the club. If you then add in the history of Mourinho returning to his former club there is every incentive for Chelsea to get the win tonight. I think the game will be held tight, few goals if there is more than one scored. I can easily imagine that tonight will yeild a 1-0 win so if you can get in at Under 2.5 goals and Chelsea win then I'd say it's there for the taking.

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Inter-Valencia 1 @ 1.80 in my opinion it's not a great value! Sure you can't say that Inter is in good form but this good form is in Serie A, not in CL. In CL, Inter never play extremly well and they never look like a very strong team! Valencia beat Barcelona last week-end, so they have a very strong moral. Whit Villa, Morientes, Joaqim if he will play Valencia it's a strong team and it will be very hard to beat. So i'am going for Under 2.5 on this mach, but whit a smmal stake!

Statistikk Inter Milano vs Valencia
Inter Milano Uavgjort Valencia Mål
At San Siro (Inter Milano) 1 2 0 2 - 1
At Mestalla (Valencia) 2 0 1 7 - 3
Total: 3219 - 4
Results from earlier matches
2004-11-02Inter Milano-Valencia0-0
2004-10-20Valencia-Inter Milano1-5
2003-04-22Valencia-Inter Milano2-1
2003-04-09Inter Milano-Valencia1-0
2002-03-21Valencia-Inter Milano0-1(UEFA Cup)
2002-03-14Inter Milano-Valencia1-1(UEFA Cup)
I agree that this wil be an tight match with the under 2,5 bet as a good choise. I think inter milano can make it and win 1-0 because of their resent form.:ok

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Barca-Pool,X HT it is my pick. Barca whitout Eto'o and Liverpool with a good defence, with Hypia and Agger in the field, will be very hard for the home squad to score in the first half! Barca probabily will start this game with one striker Gudjonsson or Saviola, Rjkaard know that if he will recive one gool in this home game, it will be very hard to qualify to the next stage playing on L'pool home field! So i'am going for Barca-Pool X on half time!

If there are 3 overs in a championship league finals in one day I will jump out of my office window which is on the 4th floor.
:lol

Some reasoning: Everyone tries not to concede a goal by visiting team. All teams play carefully and defensively. One game can go another way as yesterday with Real - Bayern but all the other games are 0 or 1 goals at most unders. Very good teams good defences a lot of fighting a few chances at goal.

Originally Posted by witchKing If there are 3 overs in a championship league finals in one day I will jump out of my office window which is on the 4th floor.
Agreed, even without the reasoning. (Luckily, I work on the first floor.) I would pick one of those to go over: Lyon-Roma I think.

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Team news: Inter vs Valencia Inter will recall defenders Marco Materazzi and Douglas Maicon, who stayed on the bench during Saturday's 1-0 home win over Cagliari. Brazilian striker Adriano should be fresh after playing only the final 30 minutes of that game. Midfielder Patrick Vieira is expected to return from a foot injury. Valencia keeper Santiago Canizares will be available after missing the Barca match because of flu and is likely to replace Ludovic Butelle.

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Inter (-0.5) @ 1.92 Inter in great form should be able to beat Valencia at home, Valencia have not been convincing when away, 4-2-6 9-16. Inter's form and their great capacity is well known by now, and I rank them as a team that could very well win this tournament, but first they have to take care of this leg. Valencia will probably try to get a draw here, but I don't think they can hold off Inter for an entire match, Inter to win the obvious choice this evening.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventCL, Porto - Chelsea
SelectionChelsea (0) (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date21/02/2007
Bookmaker/Pricetotesport @ 1.90 (Back)
ReasoningChelsea the obvious favourites to win this quarterfinals. I think they are eager to get a good result in Portugal this time, to get some pressure of the return leg. Porto are ceratianly no mugs and always a very tough opponant in Porto, but they recently losta at home to Estrela Amadora so they can be beaten. Chelsea are in a streak of solid performances both hoe and away, and are starting to look like the winning machine from last year. Chelsea in good form and with lots of experience from these kind of matches are very able to win this one, but the risk for draw make me choose dnb.

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Only one game appeals to me tonight and that is Inter vs Valencia. Inter are in a great form atm, winning 15 consecutive games in serie A and breaking all the records and it finally seems that Moratti's desire will come to an end this year. They play just great football and they have a very good team and IMO they are the favs for this year CL.They will also welcome back Adriano and probably Viera, 2 main plyers in attack and midfiled. Valencia on the other hand managed a 2-1 victory vs a Barca team that is not so scarry in Primera as it used to be, a diserved victory nevertheless, they have a good team with Villa, Morientes, canizares and Joaquin but the strenght of Inter should prevail tonight. I'm not expecting a goal bonanza and 1-0 should do the business. Bet Inter odds 1.9 @ betfair 4/10 gl :hope