** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League 20/21.02.2006

ksk1912

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006

Agreed, even without the reasoning. (Luckily, I work on the first floor.) I would pick one of those to go over: Lyon-Roma I think.
Agree, I work on the 1st floor too :eyes I'm taking Roma - Lyon draw at Half time. Seem both teams not scoring at half time in their domestic league for past few matches. Plus yesterday result most team only beef up during 2nd half as they are playing cautious tactic

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Inter - Valencia 1 @1.90 Centrebet I usually don't go so far ahead, but as I think the ods may drop on this one I decided to take it early. Inter on an incredible run and since September 27th!!! when they lost 0-2 to Bayern, they are on a 25-4-0 series WOW!!!!! Valenicia is warm - cold and imo not a real challenge comparing to the great Inter series. They will still be up in the clouds because of the Barca win on Sunday, but then this one will follow too soon imo. They lost their two last road games to Betis & Getafe and those really are not in the Inter league. To summ up the odds are too good imo to miss them. 6/10 Roma - Lyon 1 @2.65 Cashpoint 5/10 Francescomania... I like these odds just great! Lyon is at the moment far from the team that earned huge respect in the seasons before. I was close to winning the pick on Lille in the last FRA 1 round, but a kinda lucky distance shot brought Lyon back in game in the 80s (min) and then they turned the game from 1-0 to 2-1. This time I'm sure they won't get that lucky as Roma is showing some great games in the "eternal city" or results at least. Roma will use the home advantage and the odds for that more than tempting! 5/10

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventInter vs Valencia
SelectionInter -1 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date21/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 2.62 (Back)
ReasoningInter are rolling at the moment with 15 straight Serie A wins. Valencia have difficult tak against this air tight Inter defense which finally compliments their attack. Italian teams usually don't play well against Spanish opposition but Inter is playing perhaps the best football in Europe and they have to be taken at home. Plus Inter needs to get out to a good lead before they gop to the Mestalla which is one of the toughest places to play ina ll of Europe.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventBarcelona vs Liverpool
SelectionBarcelona -1 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date21/02/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 2.22 (Back)
ReasoningThe last two CL winners face each other at the Nou Camp. Barca are fielding their best squad tonight and will look to put on a show at home. Liverpool aren't the best travellers and they struglle against teams with flare and teams that control the tempo. The Reds have also had some run ins with the law. Barca will look to take a strong advantage going back to the Merseyside and I expect them to do just that. I also expect the speed of Barca to force a penalty or some dangerous free kicks.

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Roma - Lyon I defended Lyon many times lately, and now I'm gona stick to my opinion and back them in this first match against Roma away. So to make it short, for me Lyon is not in crisis, and it was normal they slowed down and catched a breath in the league so that they can concentrate fully when CL starts. It's their primary goal this season, and not to win games in their league when they had 20pts advantage over others. Why to push themselves in such condition? I see them as more experienced between two, their goal is CL this season (yes,the final) and Roma somehow never looks good enough for this level. Plus lately they look a bit tired, while Lyon wasn't at much stress lately at all, they used the period to save energies and not care too much about their domestic leagues. But now it's the time for them to show the real face.... I expect nothing else then a routine win for French team. Important Diego is back in the squad, aswell Jounhino who missed last match with Lille. Roma have my sympathies but my money is on Lyon, betfair @3.35. I expect few goals also so I will LAY Under 1.5 goals, betfair @3.05. GL~GL~

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 One for the Stattos here tonight and what a stat it is! Bet365 offer a +1.5 corner asian handicap for Liverpool tonight at the Nou Camp, to be honest I was more interested in a Barca -1.5 corner handicap so decided to check the stats... Barcelona home and away in both league and europe (when given a -1.5 corner handicap) reads Won 14 and Lost 15, poor odds and was ready to give up the bet. However, when Liverpool at given a +1.5 corner handicap they win on 38 occassions and lose on 3. I cannot ignore this statistic and it reflects the aggressive wide play employed by Benitez, hence much running at wing backs, as well as long balls hitting the wings from Gerrard. This odds on this read 1.90 and I will take these gladly. I'll also be making this bet every Liverpool game this season!

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Inter hosting Valencia. Home side having incredible season this year in Serie A and everything is going fine for them till now. Thought a lot about this game, and maybe at first wasn't so convinced in Inter winning again, but then I changed my mind and I can't find a reason why they shouldn't win really. Valencia this year showed weaknesses in away games and I doubt they can manage to stay undefeated in this one. They also had a hard match with Barca last weekend and they lost lot's of energies in that one... I think Inter should win 2:0 or even 3:0 I dare to say. My pick is Inter -1EH, Centrebet @3.75. GL~

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 I'm sorry, I am not very good "article writer" I just wanna say that you don't take Inter so easy. Valencia is exelent in counter attacks, and I can see exactlly that scenario, and Inter conciding one or two from fast Valencia attacker. (Maybe some red card for "dirty" italians) Maybe this is a nice Over 2.5 game GL

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Porto hosting Chelsea. Two teams met in the group stage of 04/05 season. Both teams won their home games, Chelsea 3:1 and Porto 2:1 in a game in which Chelsea didn't need pts. Now they met again but in elimination phase. I see Chelsea wanting to put things right from the start winning in first game, and showing who's the boss. I'm gona risk and try Chelsea -1EH, Centrebet @4.75. Somehow I see 2:0 result as a most probable one.

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 I have taken just the Roma-Lyon overs, in my case O 2 for -130. I considered the Inter overs too, but somehow I feel that Valencia's only chance in this one is to rely on set pieces, and a hope to nick a 1-0 win if not a 1-1 or 0-0 to take back home. I'm not sure Inter will have the run of the field so will just take the one bet. BOL everybody today.

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 Barcelona hosting Liverpool. Should be the best game to watch tonight. Liverpool will try to score at least one and not to loose with big margine if possible. Barca will try to win, and will win imo, but not sure if they are capable to hold Liverpool not to score. I have 2:1 result in my head, hope is the right one. Will back Barca to win with one goal margine, Interewetten, @3.5. GL! And 3 goals to be scored in the match, gamebookers @4.5, as a cover bet but also could be a good one in case of that 2:1 score. GL!

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 I cant see tonights Barca/Liverpool match being a goal thriller. tempted by the HT-Draw Barca FT bet 4.5 BlueSq. probably be 1-0 which I dare say Liverpool would be happy with. You can get as high as 2.8 'Dino to score anytime or just in-case Barca do score more than 1 Dino @ 6.5 TSF

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap 76 since the last time a english team won there i was one then .now 32 :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap remember being 9 years old and liverpool winning the cup playing roma i love football

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Champions League 20/21.02.2006 LIVERPOOL V BARCELONA: It's quite funny how these games, the ones that are a joys to watch are generally the ones that are a nightmare from a betting point of view. Speaking of nightmares Craig Bellamy could be a key player here Barcelona have to attack, Liverpool can break at pace on the counter, lead by quicker than a flying golfball Bellamy This could go anyway results wise, the others market might appeal and I toyed with the idea of the over 2 goals, 2.0 at Stan james. However with the way Barcelona laboured to break Liverpool down in the home league then I would suggest keeping a watching brief. CHELSEA V PORTO: This one meanwhile does not appeal anywhere near as much to the neutral, but makes good betting sense. The anytime goalscorer market is where you should be looking. First three things to consider, one Peter Cech is in amazing form and the best keeper in the world, Two Khalid Boularouz will return after his shoulder injury and Michael Essien will push into midfield, meaning Chelsea should be in stronger shape and more balanced formation. Three I'm quite mad. That last is possibly why I'm telling you to take two Porto players on the anytime market with 10 per cent stakes. The reason is because the two players Adriano and Quaresma are on great form. When you get 7.2 and 10.0 for two such in form players then you have to take the odds, these are with extrabet. No defence in Europe is unbreakable and it just takes one wonder strike or a mistake for a goal chance to be available. These odds are too big to pass up. The staking plan is a measure of confidence level, 10 per cent of the total 100 per cent you would bet on a sure thing, even if there is no such thing as a sure thing. LYON V ROMA: Lyon are starting to show an improved sign, while Roma are stuttering away from home, the 1.8 on the home win could be considered good value, but I'm happier taking the over 2.0 goals on 2.3 with ukbetting, again 20 per cent stakes. The over 2.0 goals market tends to be a fifty/fifty split in terms of chance. The reason there being so generous here is last time out this was a nil-nil bore draw, however conditions in Lyon will be much more favourable, the home side have found their goal touch, Roma meanwhile are struggling at the back, the 20 per cent is advised to reflect the over price in the market. VALENCIA V INTER: If Ukbetting are pricing a game that finished nil-nil last time and had no chances at 2.3 the over 2.0 goals what do you do when you get a game that finished 2-2 and had hatful of chances, and they price it the same. You weigh in more, the 40 per cent bet appeals here as both sides have a wealth of strikers and goals are not in short supply for them.