** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

How do you play 9/10 10/J OS

Belly77

Re: How do you play 9/10 10/J OS Dare say I'm alone again but I wouldnt play it until the blinds were too high to avoid it. Perhaps use it to steal level 5 blinds or above, but any 2 cards will do for that. Heads up I play it as a big hand If I have been playing weak and as a wee hand if playing strong, if that makes any sense. But in STT heads up is really all about luck as stack size in relation to the blinds kills any skill factor If you have 90% of the chips at the table mind you its quite a nice hand

Re: How do you play 9/10 10/J OS stt's? bin em unles on the button early levels (1&2) with 3 or more limpers in front of you Level 3 on the button with J10 and its folded to you - then if SB & BB failry regular players with a fairly regular stack make a 2.5-3XBB raise to try to get the blinds or get HU Damo

Re: How do you play 9/10 10/J OS JT i would raise with in button or c/o on the bubble, or a squeeze as a big blind(not small blind) vs a button limp and c/o fold about half the time i'd also raise with it when hu about 80% of the time and limp the other 20, and always call a raise(except stupid ones ofc) when HU with it. 9To i would fold 90% of the time before the money, its really not worth getting involved with, i'd call a single raise from the big blind with it vs multiple limpers because you get value if you hit straight/draw/2p/set but not unless 2 limpers. HU i'd raise 50% and complete/check 50%, i wouldnt call a raise with it.

Re: How do you play 9/10 10/J OS Agree with Damo - if you can get into a flop cheaply (i.e. on the button or maybe cut off) in early levels, when your implied odds are huge, then you should probably bin them. Maybe good stealing cards later on when the blinds are large, but you're not wanting to be called!!!

Re: How do you play 9/10 10/J OS J10os are decent for short stacked all in pushes (imo), but little else. Hit 2 pair and you're up against straight draws, hit one pair and you're likely to be out-kicked. If they cause that much trouble even when they improve they're hardly good news are they?

Re: How do you play 9/10 10/J OS I think that even if I won't play a hand, it's safe to say they should be mucked. I'd only ever steal with them and at the stage when the blinds are worth stealing, people might defend their blinds a bit more so you'll get called more often. Chances of the SB or BB having at least one over card? I don't know the maths but I wouldn't risk it. Muck 'em until you get short-handed.