** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

How bad a Play was this - Be brutal

Belly77

PokerStars Game #6818272114: Tournament #34731451, $5.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2006/10/29 - 16:25:22 (ET) Table '34731451 1' 9-max Seat #8 is the button Seat 1: Mars Hotel (1285 in chips) Seat 2: Bell007 (1320 in chips) Seat 3: gads_3 (2135 in chips) Seat 4: bigtom7777 (2500 in chips) Seat 6: addaboyAaron (1965 in chips) Seat 7: Timewatcher (2015 in chips) Seat 8: pmchuck (2280 in chips) Mars Hotel: posts small blind 25 Bell007: posts big blind 50 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to Bell007 [Tc Jh] gads_3: folds bigtom7777: calls 50 addaboyAaron: folds Timewatcher: folds pmchuck: calls 50 Mars Hotel: calls 25 Bell007: checks *** FLOP *** [8d Ad Kc] Mars Hotel: checks addaboyAaron said, "yw" Bell007: checks bigtom7777: checks pmchuck: checks *** TURN *** [8d Ad Kc] [Qc] Mars Hotel: checks Bell007: bets 200 bigtom7777: calls 200 pmchuck: folds Mars Hotel: folds *** RIVER *** [8d Ad Kc Qc] [2c] Bell007: bets 150 bigtom7777: raises 800 to 950 Bell007: calls 800 *** SHOW DOWN *** bigtom7777: shows [6c Jc] (a flush, King high) Bell007: mucks hand bigtom7777 collected 2500 from pot *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 2500 | Rake 0 Board [8d Ad Kc Qc 2c] Seat 1: Mars Hotel (small blind) folded on the Turn Seat 2: Bell007 (big blind) mucked [Tc Jh] Seat 3: gads_3 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 4: bigtom7777 showed [6c Jc] and won (2500) with a flush, King high Seat 6: addaboyAaron folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 7: Timewatcher folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 8: pmchuck (button) folded on the Turn

Re: How bad a Play was this - Be brutal not that brutal - you made a pot bet on the turn when villian had a straight and flush draw and hits - I would have been inclined to check the river when the 3rd club hits and call a modest bet (400 or so) whether he should have been in the hand in the first place is another question! just one of those things I am afraid Damo

Re: How bad a Play was this - Be brutal maybe - tricky one really you have the made hand and want someone to make the error by calling - which they did - they have 12 outs (from their perpsective 9 clubs and 3 tens) if they put you on Ax etc so are about 4:1 to catch - and they are 2:1 for their cash - I think without shoving you are not getting them off their hand with such a big draw (as they see it) and also coz they are a LAAG womble who is prepared to call PF with J6s........ with 3 other players in the pot you have to beleive some one has some sort of draw so it would not be a bad play to over bet the pot - say 400, as someone will call - if you are only up against one player your pot bet is better as they are less likely to have something they want to play - of course the problem with the over bet is that if they do call and the flush card hits you are in a world of pain as you have spewed away chips! I would also probably call the raise on the end - ironically because its looks too big! almost like a steal to me - I might note that the villian might actually be a tricky player with a big reraise for future reference (either that or he is an excitable muppet who doesn't know how to value bet?) Damo

Should I have bet more on the turn to see of the flush?

Re: How bad a Play was this - Be brutal Think I would have played it near enough the same way. The bet on the river was fine you were hoping to gat a call from some one with a pair or 2 pair or trips, in deed the latter 2 would probably reraise You cant start checking and folding straights every time theres 3 suited on the board and you have the nuts bar a flush

Re: How bad a Play was this - Be brutal

I think you play it fine untill the river' date=' either bet and fold to a raise, or check and call a normal seize bet.[/quote'] I like that approach :ok It's a tough lay down on the river - probably right to lay it down but I bet a lot of us wouldn't be able to do it ....... Can't argue with anything else you did.....

Should I have bet more on the turn to see of the flush?
Perhaps, I think you did well to get the 200 chips in. If you bet more he folds. If he doesn't hits his flush on the river he folds, you need to fold to any serious river bet. He's bet 800, a obvious made flush. It's a dreadful call at the end

Can't argue with anything else you did.....
Well, I can always argue :loon Personally I think betting on a straight draw is totally okay, and you will at the same time be able to figure out what callers have... -are they flushing for spades -do they have A or K Personally I think such a bet after the flop is a good investment, because if people havent hit or have some kind of draw they will fold... -99 will fold -even QQ will fold And this "runner runner flush guy" who beat you would have folded str8 away too Sorry if I make no sense... this has been the worst day of the year!

Re: How bad a Play was this - Be brutal If they call, you can figure out what they are drawing for, or if they have Ace rag, or maybe just a king... they are reluctant... If they re-raise, you know they have what they think they need... not drawing, and they don't want YOU to hit a better hand... If that last spade doesn't appear I would keep betting minimum, because people fear minimum bets, if they have any sense... it's the huge bets that screams: "Stay away-I am bluffing". Of course you should be scared of A before you hit your straight, but with a bet after the flop you never need to worry about runner runner flush rubbish. I am trying to make sense, but it's my second language, and I should be in bed after this day!!

Perhaps, I think you did well to get the 200 chips in. If you bet more he folds. If he doesn't hits his flush on the river he folds, you need to fold to any serious river bet. He's bet 800, a obvious made flush. It's a dreadful call at the end
Dont think its a bad call at all it could be a variety of hands the other guy had and was worried about the gut shot straight- some one with A/j or a/10. If some one plays for and hits a runner runner flush stay at the table

Re: How bad a Play was this - Be brutal and what does a min probe bet on the flop achieve? not a lot apart from everyone calling and you know nothing else at all and you have built a bigger pot with nowt or, someone raises you either a lot (you fold) or a little and you probably call hoping to hit or you fold and miss hitting your card on the turn or you call the small raise, mis and then end up calling a smallish turn bet coz you have created a pot worth winning by betting a small amount a min bet is not a information gathering bet against 4 players, it just money thrown into the pot - IMHO you need to keep the pot small whilst drawing especially aginst so many players am prepared to be convinced otherwise Damo

Minimum