** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) Yeah! The Duck is back with the picks. Following you with Ferrer, Del Potro & Wawrinka. Keep up the good work, and.....better later than never - thank you for Excellent work on Madrid masters, really dont know much about tennis, but followed your picks and made a nice profit. So dont those internet fookers keep you offline for too long.

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) hi new to the tennis forum, am a soccer punter but going to use my spreadsheet thingy to see if the theory transfers to tennis. so picks have come out as: bastl win [email protected] novak win [email protected] lopez win [email protected] i think there is value in the above bets

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) complete and total fix on the X. Malisse game. Back him @ 1.27 when 5-1 up in the first set. Then he went at 3.2 at the end of the first set after winning :loon Both trainers on - im shitting it now TBH..:unsure:unsure:unsure

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) Malisse is sometimes a real clown...thats why... and its seems like Grosjean faked his "injury"... ferrer, clement and wawrinka got trashed first set but managed to win... day started badly but finished good 7 wins / 3 losses +38.15 pts

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA)

lol...yeah I had 100€ on Zvonareva when I thought it was all gone whn she suddenly retired..and he had like 4 match balls before that...lol...
A good gambler need some luck to win some money... :nana Good work Donald_Duck

Yeah! The Duck is back with the picks. Following you with Ferrer' date=' Del Potro & Wawrinka.[/quote'] Yes DD you are the man!!! 3/3:cow and this in 2/3 system. Thank god for your magic powers.

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) thanks guys...hehe if anyone is awake beace the price is dropping fast on following match.... Thomas Johansson v Wesley Moodie Johansson won this tournament last year and is rested and motivated for this match as many of the favorites has left. Youzhny, Tursunov, Davydenko, Haas, Robredo, Nieminen. Left only of the big names is Ancic so Johanssons chances to win this tournament has improved greatly. Moodie has been lucky so far, against Gabasville everybody fought it was all over and so was unfortunately even Gabasville and he managed to drop his serve when serving for the match. After that Gabasville was like in a different world. Against Davydenko he was about to get trashed when Davydenko "retired"... I guess he was late to his plane to Paris. Moodie hasn't shown any good tennis lately and should be out of luck for tomorrow. Thomas Johansson - 1.45 @ Interwetten 10/10 Jan Hernych vs Ernest Gulbis Gulbis has made a great tournament so far and I think he's happy with what he has archieved. He's not enough experienced to make another suprise and beat Hernych and get to the semi-finals. Not after the good play Hernych showed vs Arthurs. Jan Hernych - 1.61 @ Bet365 10/10 Robby Ginepri vs Xavier Malisse Only one reason to bet against Malisse. Hes sometimes (mostly) a big unstable clown with serious issues. Ginepri on the other hand has been pretty stable and doesnt make too many errors and best part he never stops fighting. Robby Ginepri - 1.61 @ Pinnacle 10/10 Jelena Jankovic vs Nicole Vaidisova I watch Jankovic play vs Vesnina and Jankovic had big issues holding to her serve. She looks a little bit out-of-shape and seems like playing half-injured. Vaidisova has a good serve and a good return and if she can keep herunforced errors at a low level this will be an easy win for her. Nicole Vaidisova - 1.50 @ Pinnacle 10/10 Wawrinka vs Nalbandian I don't know but it feels like Nalbandian loves three set matches. He just keeps fighting. 5 of his last 7 games has been 3 set matches and I see no reason why this shouldn't the same. Number of sets - 3 sets - 2.03 @ Gamebookers 10/10 Sebastien Grosjean vs Marc Gicquel Marc Gicquel is going to enter the Master Sereis Paris qualify and has too choose between qualify or the semi-finals. I think Gicquel is gonna choose the qualify to the much more prestigefull tournament and in not gonna give 100% here. Even is he does it's a good bet as Sebastien Grosjean seems to be in form and was just fakin injury in the doubles to avoid it. Sebastien Grosjean - 1.65 @ Interwetten 10/10 Mario Ancic vs Max Mirnyi Same as in Sebastien Grosjean vs Marc Gicquel case. Max Mirnyi is going to enter the Master Series Paris qualify and should not be too motivated here as Ancic who's fighting for a place in Madrid. Mario Ancic - 1.55 @ Pinnacle 10/10 PROPS TO A-TEAM FOR BRINGING THAT TO MY ATTENTION

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) Oh man you just cant stop, please, please dont go on vacation or a trip (well you can after the end of the tennis season);) Well i am following you - i´ll be really stupid not to!! Thanks again Well at 1:37 itm; Jan [email protected] and Thomas [email protected] - so falling dramatically

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) I've noticed that qualifying for Masters Series Paris starts on Saturday morning. Mirnyi and Gicquel are both entered in the qualifying draw so they probably won't be very motivated to win their quarter final matches tomorrow as they'd then have to withdraw from the Masters due to a clash with their semi-finals. For this reason (and the obvious gulf in class in both cases) I'm going to back their opponents tomorrow: Grosjean (v Gicquel in Lyon) 1.72 @ Pinnacle 10/10 Ancic (v Mirnyi in St. Petersburg) 1.5 @ bluesq 10/10

Oh man you just cant stop, please, please dont go on vacation or a trip (well you can after the end of the tennis season);) Well i am following you - i´ll be really stupid not to!! Thanks again Well at 1:37 itm; Jan [email protected] and Thomas [email protected] - so falling dramatically
check bet-brain.com for the best prices at the moment....

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while and now I think I should put up some plays. You'll be able to follow my record (probably bad:lol) on Sports-Punter. I'll start with this one: Ginepri v Malisse, Selection: Ginepri, Price: 1.7, Bookmaker: Expekt, Strength: 10/10 I think this is a very nice chance for Ginepri. Malisse has been in poor form recently and had some injury concerns yesterday and he is always able to play really badly! He does have a nice record in the tournament, but I'm trying not to think about that :). Ginepri has suddenly found some form - perhaps with the pressure of defending points at the US Open gone he can play properly!! He played very well last week beating Lopez, Robredo and Ancic and giving Federer a good game. Definately a good price I think.

I've noticed that qualifying for Masters Series Paris starts on Saturday morning. Mirnyi and Gicquel are both entered in the qualifying draw so they probably won't be very motivated to win their quarter final matches tomorrow as they'd then have to withdraw from the Masters due to a clash with their semi-finals. For this reason (and the obvious gulf in class in both cases) I'm going to back their opponents tomorrow: Grosjean (v Gicquel in Lyon) 1.72 @ Pinnacle 10/10 Ancic (v Mirnyi in St. Petersburg) 1.5 @ bluesq 10/10
lol....you're totally right dude....

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) so stupid....Gulbis has already beaten two Chech players in Russia...players who played mysteriously badly and I bet on the third chech who meets whith Gulbis and Hernych is playing like a real clown...lol.. #%&"@ Just great Grosjean...drop your serve when serving for the match and end up losing

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) Nalbandian v Wawrinka, Selection: Nalbandian, Price: 1.56, Bookmaker: Pinnacle, Strength: 10/10 I really like this price on Nalbandian. I think we need to remember that this is Nalbandian! He's not playing great at the moment but he's still getting wins and is showing that he is willing to fight which is something that in the past he hasn't always done. I wasn't impressed with Wawrinka yesterday, Henman was in control until he started having back problems. I really think he'll start feeling the pressure of playing at home in this really big match, and Nalbandian should be able to come through. Soderling v Gasquet, Selection: Soderling, Price: 1.96, Bookmaker: Betfair, Strength: 10/10 Soderling won this tournament 2 years ago and now he's back to "defend" his title! He's playing really well on the indoor courts and if he keeps serving good he should win today. Only Blake and Federer have been able to stop him recently and I can't put Gasquet in that level. Gasquet has been poor lately I think, losing to Clement, Roddick and Djokovic indoors - all matches where he has had chances but played some really poor sets. He's at home - but I think he has a bad record at home! Soderling should be a good favourite for us today. Schnyder v Zvonareva, Selection: Schnyder, Price: 1.87, Bookmaker: Betfair, Strength: 10/10 I think this is a very nice price on Schnyder! She is playing ok at the moment and is definately looking for points for the end of season tournament. I also think having her husband on court between sets is helping her! Zvonareva was is a nasty situation last night with Pierce - it was sick watching it must have been very nasty competing in that match for her. You could see she was very upset and I expect some crying today!I don't think shes playing too nice and emotionally she could be wrecked today!

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) Paradorn Srichaphan vs Jose Acasuso I bet against Acasuso yesterday, but it was a stupid bet, trusting on Kolhscreiber. Srichaphan has showed some good play here all week and is surely the man to sen home Acasuso. He should be happy with his efforts so far. Paradorn Srichaphan - 1.63 @ Pinnacle 10/10 Patty Schnyder vs Vera Zvonareva Zvonareva has surely praid to god that Pierce got injured yesterday because she was playing like a clown totally out-of-form. Schnyder is sometimes also a clown but she's the most talanted of them both so I'm putting my money on Schnyder. Patty Schnyder - 1.83 @ Stan James 10/10 Richard Gasquet vs Robin Soderling I've following Robin Soderling last three weeks and he's getting worse for some reason. He hasn't impressed a bit here, maybe his opponents has been too poor so far. He won easy but much thanks to his oppenents poor play. I watched Gasquet vs Safin and he was playing real good with great returns. If Gasquet can keep up that level Soderling must improve at least one level maybe two and his no player to trust at times. Richard Gasquet - 1.99 @ Pinnacle 10/10

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) Gicquel has been given a late wildcard entry to the main draw of the Masters. He must've been promised this before his match against Grosjean so he didn't have to make the choice between winning today and entering the qualifying draw in the end.

Gicquel has been given a late wildcard entry to the main draw of the Masters. He must've been promised this before his match against Grosjean so he didn't have to make the choice between winning today and entering the qualifying draw in the end.
doesnt matter...Grosjean was serving for the match when he thought it was all over and dropped his serve and lost the game. Classic...

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) Nicole Vaidisova v Nadia Petrova Petrova is flying her way thru to the final and is going to make a short stop on the way vs Vaidisova. Vaidisova was lucky vs Jankovic as she was out-of-shape and having troubles with her shoulder. Vaidisova has a good serve but Petrovas is even better and even is she has good returns she's making far too many unforced errors. In the match vs Jankovic I think she made 50+ unforced errors and Petrova is not going to be forgiving. Last they met was two weeks ago where Petrova won a hard battle, playing with injury. Nadia Petrova - 1.39 @ Betfair Fernando Gonzalez vs Stanislas Wawrinka I'm feeling pretty tired, played five matches in Vienna and in Madrid and it doesn't help that I had so little time to adapt to the court here in Basel" Those are Fernando Gonzalez own words and I'm not sure he has the power for another three set battle. Wawrinka was stable yesterday vs Nalbandian and looks motivated in front of home crowd. Stanislas Wawrinka - 1.95 @ Bet365 10/10

Nicole Vaidisova v Nadia Petrova Petrova is flying her way thru to the final and is going to make a short stop on the way vs Vaidisova. Vaidisova was lucky vs Jankovic as she was out-of-shape and having troubles with her shoulder. Vaidisova has a good serve but Petrovas is even better and even is she has good returns she's making far too many unforced errors. In the match vs Jankovic I think she made 50+ unforced errors and Petrova is not going to be forgiving. Last they met was two weeks ago where Petrova won a hard battle, playing with injury. Nadia Petrova - 1.39 @ Betfair
Agreed,but i dont like the odds...any toughts on Gicquel...now for 2.30 and i see him as a favorite here,or am i wrong?

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) Some first time here on tennis...i will try few picks: Basel Gonzo-Wawrinka I see all people bet on Wawrinka beacause Gonzo is tired, or something...He played only 3 sets and long sets. Gonzo is in challenge for Master Cup, and if he win this match, will be on 8th place, last place for MC. I am on Gonzo, better player, very good form, 2 finals in last 2 masters, at Viena and Madrid, and very motivated. Gonzo-Wawrinka 1 2.05 pinnacle 7/10 Federer-Srichapan Federer won first matches very easy...6-1 6-2 vs Zib and 6-0 6-2 vs Garcia Lopez, last round 6-3 7-6. Srichapan won only in 2 sets, he have good service and for my bet i trust in his service. Federer-Srichapan (0:5.5) 2 1.89 10bet 6/10 ...Lyon Giquel-Malisse & Clement-Gasquet Here i will try surprise...Giquel and Clement...why? i don`t know...feeling or something...Both players had good play on indoor-hard, is true, Gasquet and Malisse too, but for sure i will try on Giquel and Clement. Giquel-Malisse 1 2.40 bet365 3/10 Clement-Gasquet 1 2.85 10bet 3/10 ...and Linz Sharapova-Schnyder Sharapova played great tennis, won last week at Zurich, all people knows serve of Maria and long shots...Patty will try to show best tennis, other chance he don`t have. But i don`t like Patty, he hasn`t serve and Maria will beat her easy...IMO. Sharapova-Schnyder [0:4.5] 1 1.80 gb 9/10 Vaidisova-Petrova Nadia is great in these weeks, win at Stuttgart, final at Moscow and now two very easy wins, 6-1 6-1 Peer and 6-1 6-3 Stosur...For me, Nadia had the best play in WTA and i think she can win this trophy. Vaidisova-Petrova [3.5:0] 2 1.8 9/10