** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) Got two doubles because swedes are inolved in both matches. M. Damm/L. Paes vs. D. Hrbaty/R. Soderling M. Damm/L. Paes very are good double players and I know that my fellow countryman Soderling is a lousy double player and Hrbaty is Hrbaty. M. Damm/L. Paes - 1.60 @ BetAndWin 10/10 J. Bjorkman/T. Johansson vs. M. Ancic/M. Bhupathi J. Bjorkman/T. Johansson are very good doubles players and play very well together and they have lots of experience and should have no problem with M. Ancic/M. Bhupathi J. Bjorkman/T. Johansson - 1.60 @ BetAndWin 10/10 Florian Mayer vs Nicolas Mahut Normally I wouldn't bet on Mahut, vs Mayer but he withdraw from the Madrid tournament so Im not sure about his form and the surface suits Mahut better so my money is on him. Mahut - 2.50 @ Bet365 5/10 Jarkko Nieminen vs Janko Tipsarevic Tipsarevic is in form right now and played superbly in Moscow two weeks ago serving really good and is going to have crowd support so I can't understad why the price on him is so high. Janko Tipsarevic - 3.01 @ Pinnacle 5/10

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) Basel draw: http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2006/328/MDS.pdf I was going to say Tipsarevic as well. He won a pretty good challenger event in Mons before Moscow so he's clearly in good form. Nieminen was pretty jaded last week after getting to the final in Stockholm and was trounced by Gasquet. Definite value here. Tipsarevic 3.25 at Stan James

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA)

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventKrajicek - Ivanovic
SelectionKrajicek
Strength10/10
Date24/10/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.75 (Back)
ReasoningBoth players in not so good form so why should Ivanovic be such a huge favourite.She played in two tournaments after Us Open and in both of them she was beaten in first round.Krajicek is maybe in poor form too but after few lousy performances she finally managed to made it to the QF at Filderstadt.She is very talented and if she will have good day she can give Ivanovic really tough match.I personally don't see such a high difference in abilities at the moment and this price is really good.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventMurray - Del Potro
SelectionDel Potro
Strength10/10
Date24/10/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.75 (Back)
ReasoningReally nice odds on this one :)))) I was on Del Potro when he was playing against Johansson but then he was unable to break great Johansson's serve.This time he will have on the other side Murray who is not serving such bombs.It's obvious that at the end of the season Murray is not taking seriously those little tournaments.He played good at Madrid but before that he was beaten in the first rounds at Bangkok and Tokyo.Del Potro has great chances to win this one and the price is more than acceptable :)
btw: Del Potro is available 4.00 at bf :)

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) Bjorn Phau - Kunitsyn Kunitsyn is a russian player - he has home advantage in this match. Showed a good performance at the ATP Tourney in Moscow and were beaten by Safin in Semi Final. He beat the german Rainer Schuettler (87),Jan Hernych (89) and the frensh player Arnaud Clement (54) before. Phau played the last ATP in 3rd October at Stockholm (hard). He was defeated by Berdych in the first round.He also lost in Tokyo after a bye in round one he lost versus Waske in the 2nd Level 6-3 and 6-2. Kunitsyn has the better form at the moment and he´s a russian. Kunitsyn to win :ok

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) I'm also on Del Porto like Randall + these following games: Xavier Malisse vs Vincent Spadea Malisse who has changed back to his old trainer was very unlycky in his defeat vs Fish last week in Madrid. Malisse like it here and has even reached the finals once (2004). Spadea haven't done anythin special for a long time now and should be no problem for Malisse, if Malisse doesn't freak out. H2H is 3-0 to Malisse. Xavier Malisse - 1.44 @ Bet365 10/10 Thomas Johansson vs Frank Dancevic Johansson like the surface and like to play here in St Petersburg specially as he won the tournament last year. Johansson is very hard to defeat on this surface and should not have to much trouble with Dancevic even if he's not at his best form for you could say the same about Dacevic. Dancevic has good serve but (not nut, lol) thats it, nothing more. Thomas Johansson - 1.54 @ Pinnacle 10/10 David Ferrer v Marco Chiudinelli David Ferrer will need to reach the finals to have a chance of qualifying for Shanghai but has only two wins last six matches, both vs Seppi. Marco Chiudinelli played well in the US Open and doesn't have any troubles at all with surface. David Ferrer has lot of pressure on him which could advantage the Swiss player. Marco Chiudinelli - 2.63 @ Blue Square 5/10

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) Chakvetadze - Srebotnik [email protected] 8/10 The bet is not yet available at my bookie (Expekt), but the bwin odd, could give as a sneak preview that this could be a real value. Srebotnik played a great tournament in Zurich, beating Pierce, Dementieva and Kirilenko all in straight sets before losing to Sharapova in semis. At this odd i believe its worth to try

krajicek and del potro are playing on Wednesday.Shortly after I've put Del Potro on SP at 3.75 price went up to 4.15 in pinnacle :) oh well..... I thought they were playing on Tuesday :(
lol...happens to me all the time...

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventPaszek - Dechy
SelectionPaszek
Strength10/10
Date24/10/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.18 (Back)
ReasoningDechy is in rather poor form lately and I don't really know why she is slighty favourite against Paszek.Paszek is young Austrian player and for sure she has great talent.She feels good on hard and she knows how to play on this surface.At the end of September she had won Portoroz tournament.She is playing at home so she will have crowd on her side.I'm giving her at least 50% to win this game so I will take this price.
Zvonareva seems to be good choice as Schiavone looked really poor last week against Bacsinszky and she was injured.But at those odds only in combo.

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) Dominik Hrbaty vs Florent Serra Florent Serra played good indoors in Metz and beat both Soderling and Mathiue. He should be motivated here, playing at home and I know he's capable of beating Hrbaty who wasn't convincing last week in Madrid. My money is on the pitbull and not the Dominicator. Florent Serra - 2.20 @ Eurobet 10/10

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) Lars Burgsmuller vs George Bastl George Bastl is a local wild card and nothing special witha descent serve and poor returns etc. Lars Burgsmuller qualified to the tournament nicely and is surely more motivated then Bastl and should have good self-confidence after making it thru to the main tournament. Pure motivation bet. Lars Burgsmuller - 1.88 @ Pinnacle

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) Anna Chakvetadze vs Katarina Srebotnik Just like Expert said the odds on Srebotnik is worth a shot. Srebotnik playd well last weak losing a well fought battle vs Sharapova in the semi-finals. Chakvetadze has won two tournaments in a row and pulled out last week because of injury. I'm hoping she won't take this too seriously which will give Srebotnik a chance. Srebotnik - 2.78 @ Pinnacle 5/10

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) Sluiter - Kubot pick 1 odds 1.70 Didnt play before,Sluiter in really good shape,reached finals in Kolding last week,and perferes the surface much more than Kubot who went trough quallies here,but had some problems in second round.

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) Hrbaty - Gicquel pick 1 odds 2.05 pinnacle 5/10 Their first match,both players in preety good shape,but i would give advantage to Dominik because of his style of play which shoud give him the advantage in this match.His fighting spirit is also a thing that shoud give him a bit more chance of winning.And the final reason are the odds which represent value in this match couse IMO they should be other way arround

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) Dlouhy vs Gulbis I can't see why Dlouhy is favorite here as Gulbis played very good in qualify vs Vik and fired some aces and had some nice returns. 50-50 match IMO Gulbis - 2.51 @ Pinnacle 10/10 Dominik Hrbaty vs Marc Gicquel Dominik Hrbaty beat Serra but it wasn't thanks to his good play. Serra played like a clown in that match while Gicquel payed well in his match. He has a good serve and plays well from basline and could be a goog threat to Hrbaty Marc Gicquel - 1.91 @ Stan James 10/10 Florian Mayer vs Nicolas Almagro Mayer has improved really final months and likes the surface much more then Almagro who's haven't done anything special lately. Florian Mayer - 1.53 @ Stan James 10/10

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) Almagro nedded one tie-break and one break ball in the 2nd set and the match is pretty over...I guess I was underestimating Almagro. Lol....Almagro saved 3 breakbolls last game...:rollin Bjorkman / Johansson lost in super-tie break...lol....rest of the week is gonna be a race to win back all the money I lost so far.

Almagro nedded one tie-break and one break ball in the 2nd set and the match is pretty over...I guess I was underestimating Almagro. Lol....Almagro saved 3 breakbolls last game...:rollin Bjorkman / Johansson lost in super-tie break...lol....rest of the week is gonna be a race to win back all the money I lost so far.
I told you to avoid that double match mate,it was 50/50...dont give up,you make great picks,and IMO this last 10 days have been lousy for a lot of people,but its the end of season so thats why...we only need to be a bit more careful when picking...GL

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) yeah...you're totally right...must be more carefull with picks.. but mostly you need to be lucky with picks... sometimes you're thinking about two matches but manage to bet on the one that lose. thats really annoying...hehe

Re: Basel (ATP) - Lyon (ATP) - St Petersburg (ATP) - Linz (WTA) Wayne Arthurs vs Jan Hernych Old fox Wayne Arthurs was the biggest suprise of the first round when he beat Robredo in a though three set battle even though Robredo losing to a random clown nowadays isn't a shock IMO. Arthurs had to qualify to this tournament and had two hard battles there too so I'm not sure that he has much more powers left after playing four matches, three of them hard three set battles he should be no problem for Hernych. Hernych has a good serve and much mcuh faster then Arthurs. Jan Hernych - 1.80 @ Bet365 10/10 David Ferrer vs Jiri Novak Two players who hasn't impressed lately but Ferrer being the one that impressed most in the first round. He passed the local wild card Marco Chiudinelli in an late game with the crowd against him so it should boost his confidence. Novak has done well here in the past but it looks like ancient history as he was lucky today vs Hajek. Hajek was leading by 1-0 in sets before he had to retire. David Ferrer - 1.71 @ Pinnacle 10/10 Max Mirnyi vs Andrei Pavel Max Mirnyi was playing great vs Tursunov serving at high level. He likes the surface and should have no problems with Pavel who was just playing awful tennis with too many unforced errors. Max Mirnyi - 1.73 @ Blue Square 10/10 Arnaud Clement vs Michael Llodra Llodra was lucky yesterday but ain't gonna be so lucky again today. His opponent had the match in his hands and let it slip away. Clement is far too better and in good form for Llodra Arnaud Clement - 1.40 @ Interwetten 10/10 George Bastl vs Juan Martin Del Potro Del Potro is a young Argentin talent who has proved that he enjoys playing on hard. He now meets a much more experienced player but I think Del Potro is much more hungry and has more to offer. Juan Martin Del Potro - 1.65 @ VC Bet 10/10 Tim Henman vs Stanislas Wawrinka Can't see why Henman is favorite in this match, ok he had some nice results last month but after the sunshine, there is rain. Wawrinka played well vs Calleri and plays at home here and it's a 50-50 match IMO. Stanislas Wawrinka - 2.40 @ Pinnacle 10/10 Mario Ancic vs Raemon Sluiter H2H is 3-0 to Ancic but all three matches has been though, marathon matches where Sluiter has taken at least one set. Raemon Sluiter + 1.5 sets (hcp) - 2.90 @ Interwetten 5/10 Forget about the Jose Acasuso vs Philipp Kohlschreiber tip I've in Sports-Punter. I mixed the surfaces in my head. Acasuso should be favorite here and not Kohlschreiber. Cyril Saulnier vs Sebastien Grosjean Sebastien Grosjean withdraw from the doubles with a tight injury. Maybe he's not fit enough to finish the match today. Make sure you play at one-ball-bookie Cyril Saulnier - 3.05 @ Betfair 5/10 Tommy Haas vs Igor Kunitsyn Tommy Haas hasn't been in form after losing to Davydenko in the US Open and lost a set in the first round vs Zimonjic. Kunitsyn hasn't a good record here like in Moscow but he's at least in a good form and loves playing in Russia and is a good player on carpet. Igor Kunitsyn - 3.25 @ Stan James 5/10