** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Strange Email - Poker Bot

sensibleboy

Hi Just got an email 10mins ago from a website asking me to buy their poker bot. Is $199 and supposedly makes at least $700 PER DAY! Thing that caught my eye is they say I have the right to request my money back if im not happy with it within the first 30 days... What you all think? Seems junk I know but just interested in everyones views. :ok

Re: Strange Email - Poker Bot

Hi Thing that caught my eye is they say I have the right to request my money back if im not happy with it within the first 30 days...
You always have the right to request your money back- its whether or not they'll give it back that matters. I wouldn't touch it:unsure

Re: Strange Email - Poker Bot I HOPE you're having a laugh?? It's a dead cert scam - You give them $199 and you will never see it again and you certainly won't make $700 a day with it..... If you had a bot that was making $700 a day, would you really sell it for $199 or would you keep it and make $700 a day yourself (multiplied by however many copies you ran)?

Re: Strange Email - Poker Bot

Thing that caught my eye is they say I have the right to request my money back if im not happy with it within the first 30 days...
You have the right to request it doesn't mean theres any onus on them to say yes :lol . If they are clever enough to have writen a decent bot then they are clever enough to be able to put out a 1-hour time limited version to let you evaluate it ..... before handing over cash. My view is that it could (just) possiibly be a valid bot if aimed at limit cash games as these lend themselves more to playing by a set of rules and keeping track of style of play of other players plus they have a limited downside risk (no all-ins followed by lucky river). Even so, if I was them, I'd keep such a bot to myself ... Normal rules apply - if it looks too good to be true then it probably is.