** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Target 3% increment

happygooner

I recently purchased a system which concentrates on only making conservative bets to accrue a steady increase over time by making approximately a 3% increase to your bank for every step you take (usually a day). I started off with only £10.00 as don't have a lot of money to throw around. So far here are the results: First bet was with whole stake on running bet for Valencia to win (and by accident, to score next goal which was why odds so good) against Gimnastica de Tarragona. Valencia were already 2 - 0 up and into second half. Stake £10.00 Return £18.00 Profit £8.00 So off to a flying start perhaps due to luck more than judgment. Second bet is Oxford to win against Southport. £2.00 stake. Oxford can only manage a draw and hence the honeymoon period is over rather quickly. Stake £2.00 Bank now reduced to £16.00 Third bet is £1.50 Double on Ding-Jun-hui to beat Jimmy White (1/3) and Stephen Hendry to beat Steve Davis (4/11) in the snooker. Both White & Davis rolled back the years (according to media) to upset the odds. Stake £1.50 Bank now reduced further still to £14.50 Fourth bet is on Svetlana Kuznetsova to beat Jelena Jankovic in the tennis. Stake is £1.00 with odds of 4/7. Back on track as no upset this time. Stake £1.00 Return £1.57 Profit £0.57 Bank increases to £15.07 Fifth bet is only 50p on England U21 to beat Germany U21 at odds of 6/5. England romp in 1 - 0 and my bank goes up again. Stake £0.50 Return £1.10 Profit £0.60 Bankk increases to £15.67 Sixth bet is £1.50 on Hull to beat Bradford in the rugby at odds of 8/15. Hull clean up and so do I (well in a manner of speaking). Stake £1.50 Return £2.30 Profit £0.80 Bank increases to £16.47 Seventh bet is Australia to win at odds of 10/11 with a stake of 50p. Australia can only manage a 1 - 1 draw hence the winning streak is over for now. Bank reduces to £15.97 Eighth bet is a running bet on Scunthorpe to Beat Nottignham Forest. Scunthorpe have just gone 2 - 0 up with odds of 2/9. Scunthorpe go on to rout Forest. Stake £4.50 Return £5.50 Profit £1.00 Bank increases to £16.97 Nineth bet is a running bet on Ospreys to beat Bath in the rugby. Ospreys have just gone 12-3 ahead or something similar and and odds are offered at 8/15. Ospreys go on to win. Stake £1.00 Return £1.53 Profit £0.53 Bank increases to £17.50 10th bet is a running bet on Slovakia to beat Wales (and also by accident to score the next goal) after they have just gone 1 - 0 up at odds of 7/5. Slovakia go 2 - 0 up and finish the match 5 - 1 winners. Stake £0.50 Return £1.20 Profit £0.70 Bank increases to £18.20 11th bet is a £1.00 staked accumulator involving the following teams: England to beat Macedonia 1/16, Germany to beat Georgia 1/8, Croatia to beat Andorra 1/50, Slovenia to beat Luxembourg 1/14 & Portugal to beat Azerbaijan 1/20. England can only manage a draw and immediately I lose interest in checking the others although I think they all came in. Bank reduces to £17.20 12th bet is another accumulator. Romania to beat Belarus at 2/7 and Denmark to beat N. Ireland at 1/4. Romania manage their part with a 3 - 1 win but Denmark fail toscore and the game ends 0 - 0. £0.50 stake is lost. Bank reduces to £16.70 13th bet is a 50p staked accumulator on Serbia to win against Belgium (8/13) and Italy to win against Ukraine (2/5). Serbia won 1-0 and Italy 2 - 0. Stake £0.50 Return £1.13 Profit £0.63 Bank increases to £17.33 14th bet is a running bet on Scotland to beat France after holding the lead until approx 80th minute. Odds are 4/9, stake is £1.50, and Scotland hold on. Stake £1.50 Return £2.17 Profit £0.67 Bank levels out at £18.00 for the day and £1.53 higher than the end of previous day. Not a bad profit (percentage wise). Now I'm sure some of you out there are sitting around thinking the amounts are tiny, and yes, yes they are....for now. What I intend to do is build bit by bit, increasing the margin each time depending on the amount there is to fall back on. I have absolutely no idea if this is going to work in the long run but based upon short term results it seems worthwhile giving it a go! For one thing I had never previously thought about about making in game running bets as odds were so low but this seems to be where a fair percentage of my wins are coming from. Does anybody else use in game running bets?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Target 3% increment

Use them alot for similiar purposes. For details check out my blog in my sig.
I read your blog and couldn't help but notice all the 90th minute bets. Where exactly are you finding bookies who will still take bets as late? I'm currently betting with either bluesquare or sportingbet (who I have just registered with) and they usually suspend all betting by about 80th minute!

Re: Target 3% increment Oh right, I'll have to give that a look over. Anyway 15th bet: Running bet on Wasps to win with a 5.5+ handicap against London Irish in the rugby. Wasps were 7-3 ahead at the time and odds for this were 5/6. Wasps won by a substantial margin and I won the bet. Stake £1.00 Return £1.83 Profit £0.83 Bank increases to £18.83 16th bet: Running bet on Sheffield to beat Swinton (Sheffield already up substantially) in the rugby at odds of 1/14 with stake of £4.00. Sheffield rout Swinton 35-10 and another bet is won. Stake £4.00 Return £4.29 Profit £0.29 Bank increases to £19.12........

Re: Target 3% increment Oh dear........why did I bother. Bet 17 & 18 Monitoring Hull against Widness it became quite clear Hull were going to win. The odds were beyond awful though and a straight bet didn't seem worthwhile. A handicap bet however seemed plausible and quite likely with the speed at which Hull were scoring. Handicap had gone up to +20 with sportingbet although they were within 4 points so I said to hell with it and placed £0.60 at odds of 8/11 I believe. I then saw the handicap was only +18.5 on bluesquare so why not place another 40p at 5/6. Well the reason why not would have been that Widness were about to mount a mini comeback (not enough for them but more than enough to sink me!!!) and scupper my bet. Stake £1.00 combined. Bank reduced to £18.13:(

Re: Target 3% increment Ok so I broke away from only betting with my original stake.....but for one reason only. I wanted to get a free £25.00 bet with bet365 haha! 19th bet: Running bet on no more goals in Legends v Celebrity game at 1/5 placed around the 82nd/84th minute. Almost lost the cash in a second as ball hit a post but survived the final few minutes. Get in!!!! Stake £25.00 Return £30.00 Profit £5.00 Bank increases to £23.12 and a free £25.00 bet awaits me at bet365 to increase further still:D

Commission is usually between 1 and 5% depending on the actual market and your personal discount. This is charged on your total profit for each market. I mainly use it as they cover lots of events in-running, lots of markets and also give you the opportunity to lay as well as back.
I thought about laying once but don't like the idea of being liable beyond the bet.

Re: Target 3% increment Bet 20: 70p stake on Oliver Morach to win against Rainer Eitzinger at 2/5. Oliver Morach comes in in 3 sets. Stake £0.70 Return £0.98 Profit £0.28 Bank increases to £23.40 Bet 21: 65p stake on Teimuraz Gabashvili @ 5/6 To Win against Gilles Muller in the tennis. Gabashvili wins in 2 sets. Stake £0.65 Return £1.19 Profit £0.54 Bank increases to £23.94

How do you mean?? Unless you're doing spreads you are in complete control of how much your liable for' date=' same as when you back something. Rather than laying , look at it as backing at inverse odds.[/quote'] So is the liability just like your stake?

Re: Target 3% increment Happy Gooner, You seem to be doing ok so far with your system, just one thing that you should bear in mind. All selections in this Systems and Strategy forum are supposed to be posted Before the result is known, i'm not questioning your integrity in this matter but how can anyone follow your system if they wished to do so? Good luck! BH

Happy Gooner, You seem to be doing ok so far with your system, just one thing that you should bear in mind. All selections in this Systems and Strategy forum are supposed to be posted Before the result is known, i'm not questioning your integrity in this matter but how can anyone follow your system if they wished to do so? Good luck! BH
Fair enough you have a good point and I will try and rectify that. I'm just usually so caught up in monitoring my bets. To be fair the system is simple. I'm betting small (well as a percentage anyway), I'm betting with the odds, I'm getting a bit of luck along the way, and I'm listening to advice posted on this forum. The key for me I think will be not to get carried away and end up placing a risky bet. If you're betting on the likely result, sure the odds will be small, but they're far more likely to come in. Well from my limited experience (and thinking logically) this seems to be the case. Bet 23: Woking v Aldershot - 2 or 3 goals in the game - evens. 87th minute goal raps it up. Stake £0.50 Return £1.00 Profit £0.50 Bank increases to £23.79 Bet 24: Running bet for Woking to win the above game at 1-0 up approaching end of the first half at odds of 1/3. Woking end up winning 2 - 0. Stake £2.00 Return £2.67 Profit £0.67 Bank increases to £24.46

Re: Target 3% increment Bet 25: Carlos Moya to win against Nicolas Almagro in the tennis (4/9). Stake £1.50. We await the result. Bet 26: Running bet on Serba Montenegro U21 to beat Sweden U21 (they have just gone 2-0 up inside of 12 mins) 4/11. Stake £0.80. Again we await the result.

Re: Target 3% increment I have a bad feeling about today. so far the only winner I've got is a paltry 29p profit on Serbia Montenegro. If i'd known how that was going to go I'd have acted sooner and got some good odds. Oh the benefit of hindsight eh!!!:eyes Bet 28: Ecuador are winning 1-0 against Brazil but they have had a man sent off. 70p on Brazil to win at 11/10. Come on please go my way!!!!!

I have a bad feeling about today. so far the only winner I've got is a paltry 29p profit on Serbia Montenegro. If i'd known how that was going to go I'd have acted sooner and got some good odds. Oh the benefit of hindsight eh!!!:eyes
Maybe spoke to soon. Get in there Brazil!!

Bet 25: Carlos Moya to win against Nicolas Almagro in the tennis (4/9). Stake £1.50. We await the result. Bet 26: Running bet on Serba Montenegro U21 to beat Sweden U21 (they have just gone 2-0 up inside of 12 mins) 4/11. Stake £0.80. Again we await the result.
Well I was worrying needlessly there. Almost a clean sweep but for the brilliance of Walcott! Bet 25 has come in as Moya left it late, needing 3 long grueling sets to finish off the other bloke. Although bluesq have yet to settle the bet (they are so slow at times - does anybody else have this problem with them?) I believe my profit is 67p. Therefore: Stake £1.50 Return £2.17 Profit £0.67 Bet 26 also came in as Serbia thrashed Sweden 5-0. Stake £0.80 Return £1.10 Profot £0.30 Bank increases to £25.43

Now I'm posting before the outcome of my bets is known I bet I start losing so it makes me look utterly stupid and a complete liar haha!! Bet 27: Brazil v Ecuador, 2.5 goals or more at 4/6 with a stake of 75p.
Brazil won 2-1 so..... Stake £0.75 Return £1.25 Profit £0.50 Bank increases to £25.93

I have a bad feeling about today. so far the only winner I've got is a paltry 29p profit on Serbia Montenegro. If i'd known how that was going to go I'd have acted sooner and got some good odds. Oh the benefit of hindsight eh!!!:eyes Bet 28: Ecuador are winning 1-0 against Brazil but they have had a man sent off. 70p on Brazil to win at 11/10. Come on please go my way!!!!!
Like I previously said Brazil ended up winning 2-1 thus.... Stake £0.70 Return £1.47 Profit £0.77 Bank increases to £26.70

Ok I can't stop at the moment. Bet 29: Italy have just gone ahead 1 - 0 against Spain so bet 5/6 that they can keep it going! Stake £0.65. Moya is making a comeback and leading 4-1 in the 2nd set.:clap
Bet 29: Italy ended up 2-1 winners so..... Stake £0.65 Return £1.20 Profit £0.55 Bank increases to £27.25:clap :nana

Bet 30: Brazil have just guaranteed 2 of my bets so with renewed vigour and looking at the way things have gone in the England U21 - Germany U21 final I've gone for a running bet 0 - 0 in the 65th or such minute at 1/1. Stake £0.55.
Had to be one didn't there!!! Bet 30 is a loss with two late late goals. Stake £0.55 Bank reduces to £26.70. Still a good days work all in all:)