Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th HT: Queensland Roar 0 - 0 Adelaide United Well I believe I was right with my assessment of Queensland being a better side than Adelaide as they have clearly outplayed Adelaide and have had more shots than a rabid dog. Adelaide have had a couple chances but Fernando and Qu are nowhere to be seen. Reinaldo would have scored if her was not brought down just outside the penalty area, only had keeper to beat. Honestly, Queensland should be at least 3 or 4 goals, but in soccer you need to convert. Queensland score around 70% of their goals after half time, so thats a good stat going into the second half, especially when Adelaide score 70% or so of their goals in the first half.

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th

Hi Guys, How are Queensland and Adelaide playing now? WHat's the possesion like? IM new here. Cheers!! :beer
:welcome Grazaiz to A League thread at PL, many winners to you :cheers Who do you like tonight? Fair score for me at the moment would be 3-1 to Queensland, that's how much they dominated. Lynch has had around 3 chances to score.

Those of you who saw the first half' date=' pls tell me what's the chanse of a draw..[/quote'] If neither side score in the second half there is a great chance of a draw :loon On what I have seen so far I would be expecting Queensland to score in the second half. They still have Milicic and Zhang to bring on and law of averages says if they keep having shots like they did in the first half then they will most likely score a goal. I'm hoping they do anyways :dude

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th Five minutes into the 2nd half and Queensland continuing where they left off and have already had 3 chances that they havn't been able to covert. Adelaide look about as dangerous as a poodle...Having said that, I can see this being a game where Queensland will dominate all night and not score, and Adelaide have one shot and score a goal.

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th Been watching the game live, an hour gone an Queensland are absolutely dominating. Would love to see the posession, would be like 60% to Queensland I reckon, they are doing everything but scoring at the moment. But thats not to say they havnt had their chances, every time they have a shot they seem to kick it straight into the goal keeper :wall Adelaide havnt had alot of chances but when they do attack they very good. Also Adelaide are down to ten men now so could be interesting last half hour

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th FT: Queensland Roar 0 - 0 Adelaide United I have never seen a team dominate a another team like that and not score. They missed about 4 goals from about 5 metres out, and missed two sitters in last minute..Got me stuffed! I saved on the draw so didn't lose, but never won either and should have won easily. The one thing I am happy about is that I assessed Queensland right and thought they were better than Adelaide and should win, and they were better than Adelaide by far, and no doubt should have won, but goals win games!

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th Queensland 0-0 Adelaide Incredible game, dont let the scoreline fool you. The whole 90 minutes was just attacking football (mainly up Queenslands end). Was shot after shot but the Adelaide keeper had an inspirational game, he was saving everything. Adelaide really struggled tonight, their defence was strong at times but Queensland just had so many shots at goal which went straight to the Adelaide keeper. Zhang when he came on for Qld at 65m was fantastic and created alot of opportunities, just couldnt beat the keeper though. The Queensland defence was also brilliant with Adelaide barely registering a shot in the second half. Overall a very very attacking match which on another day Queensland would of won 3-0, but thats just the way it goes. Im rather happy because i tipped the match to end in a draw, hope some others out there took my advice and won some cash :cheers Heres to hoping the remaining two games are as exciting as tonights!

Im leaving it late this week to do a preview, but i havnt really been on the net much lately. Plus the league tried a new thing this week with a game on a Thursday night which is a concept i like, it spreads the games out a bit over the weekend. But anyway to the previews, and a tough round ahead guys... Queensland vs Adelaide In my opinion this is the game of the week without doubt. Both teams will have pretty much full strength teams for this clash and if the opening 4 games are anything to go by we could be in for a goal feast, but on the other hand both teams dont let in many goals as they both have solid defences, so it will make for an interesting match indeed! Im particulary looking forward to seeing the Roar's new chinese recruit Yuning Zhang playing, last week he came off the bench at about 70m and was inspirational in setting up 2 goal assists and controlling the midfield. He is named on the bench again but i feel we may see him a bit earlier tommorow night. Recently Queensland have been scoring goals for fun, apart from the match against CCM which was basically flooded by mass rain, they have been averaging about 4 goals a game. On the other hand Adelaide got off to a slugish start but they have hit form the last fortnight also scoring alot of goals aswell. Both sides boast a very strong backline, for Adelaide players like A.Costanzo, M.Valkanis, T.Dodd, N. Burns & F.Rech have really impressed me and form the nucleus of a very good squad. Queensland with the likes of inform players Reineldo, Lynch, McKay & Zhang have been very strong. The Roars Liam Reddy is in my opinion the best keeper in the league at the moment and he could make the difference. Im not game to go against either team here as they are both capable, so im going to go with the match to end in a draw for that reason. Its interesting to note that Queensland have never beaten Adelaide before either. Pick match to end in DRAW at $3.25 - (5/10)
Great effort to provide the draw tip at a good price Ads and i used it as a saver when you were thinking Adelaide might win...However I think Queensland should have won the game easily, but it's the result that counts and 0-0 is a draw, so well done!!! :cheers

Great effort to provide the draw tip at a good price Ads and i used it as a saver when you were thinking Adelaide might win...However I think Queensland should have won the game easily, but it's the result that counts and 0-0 is a draw, so well done!!! :cheers
Cheers Beejay, hopefully a few others got on. I just couldnt pick a winner so the obvious choice was to tip the draw. I notice you tipped Queensland for the win so you were very very unlucky, hey had about 3 goal chances cleared in the final 30 seconds which all should of been goals so bad luck. But thats football for you ;)

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th Just for interest and to further emphasise Queensland's dominance over Adelaide last night... Queensland ------------------ Adelaide 27 ------ Attempts at goal ----- 5 15 ------ Attempts on Target --- 4 12 ------ Attempts off target -- 1 3 ------ Keeper Saves --------- 12 12 ------ Corners -------------- 1 60% ---- Possession ----------- 40% One would think a team would score a goal at least when having 27 shots lol Better luck today hopefully :hope

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th Some stats that may assist the Under/over and 1st/2nd half bettors. Scoring: Goals for/against

Team 0-15 16-30 31-45 46-60 61-75 76-90
Adelaide Utd 2 - 0 2 - 1 1 - 0 1 - 1 2 - 0 0 - 2
CC Mariners 0 - 0 0 - 0 0 - 0 0 - 3 0 - 0 0 - 1
Melbourne Vict 3 - 0 2 - 1 1 - 0 2 - 0 0 - 0 1 - 1
Newcastle Jets 0 - 2 1 - 2 2 - 3 1 - 0 1 - 2 0 - 1
NZ Knights 0 - 2 0 - 1 0 - 1 0 - 1 0 - 1 1 - 2
Perth Glory 0 - 1 0 - 0 0 - 2 1 - 1 1 - 0 1 - 4
Queensland 2 - 0 0 - 1 1 - 1 1 - 0 1 - 0 6 - 0
Sydney FC 0 - 2 1 - 0 3 - 1 1 - 1 0 - 2 2 - 0
Scoring: Scoring times

Minutes

Goals

%

0-15

15.9 %

16-30

13.6 %

31-45

18.2 %

46-60

15.9 %

61-75

11.4 %

76-90

25. %

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th The above stats emphasise the strength of the Mariners defence as they have not cenceded a goal in the first half for each of the four games they have played so far. Yet the Jets have conceded seven goals in the first half for all the games they have played so far. Mariners have conceded 75% of their goals in the 46-60 minute range, and if they can decrease that figure today then it augers well for a Mariner victory for me...The Jets look like they can score at any given time although they have only scored four goals and that is 2 by Mark Bridge and 2 by Rodriguez. I am very confident of the Mariners getting victory tonight...If Melbourne, Sydney and Queensland can only score 2 goals combined against Central Coast's defence then it is going to be just as hard for the Jets...Mariners are playing at home again and they have played 3 from 4 away so far this season....Great home record against a poor Jets away record (no wins in last 8 games away). The only negative I can see against the Mariners is that they havn't scored a goal yet this season, but i am confident they will score tonight though. The Mariners currently showing $2-35 at Centrebet and that is great value to me.