Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th Guys I really have problem determining tonights winner. Hence only bet come to my mind was taking Over 2.5 Goals. But as you can see their last meeting ended up 0 - 0. Did any1 watch the preseason game between them ? What do you guys think about the chance its being a low scoring game again between them ? Or was when they play 0 - 0 in preseason they were not @ full force / full fitness ? Really suck to have no foxtel and not being able to watch the game at all :( GRRRRRR :@

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th

Guys I really have problem determining tonights winner. Hence only bet come to my mind was taking Over 2.5 Goals. But as you can see their last meeting ended up 0 - 0. Did any1 watch the preseason game between them ? What do you guys think about the chance its being a low scoring game again between them ? Or was when they play 0 - 0 in preseason they were not @ full force / full fitness ? Really suck to have no foxtel and not being able to watch the game at all :( GRRRRRR :@
Is it on at a local pub or anything? Would be worth watching mate, it will be a ripper. As for the Over/Under 2.5 goals thing, i would stay away. This match will go either way. I cant pick a winner either but I have a funny feeling it will be a draw. If I was to pick a winner it would probably be Adelaide. Queensland have been playing so well lately and i hope its not a flash in the pan. Adelaide's defence should stand tall tonight A draw just looks like the best option here and at $3.20 thats good value

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th Good suggestion Ads!!! Game should be on at a local Sportsbar or Pub that has Fox, that's what I would be doing if I had no Cable TV. Not sure what to advise you Dark...Not a good thing when me and Ads do not agree...He likes Adelaide and I like Queensland. I feel Queensland has more scoring options and I am not overly excited with Adelaide just yet as they have only won the 2 games against two teams that were either poor defensively and undermanned. Adelaide have only scored 5 goals in their last eight away games which is not so flash, but they are a fair side. I am happily backing the Roar cos that's who I think is the better team at the moment and many things in their favour...I may save on the draw, but not sure yet. Best of luck with the over 2.5 bet...I don't particularly like under and over betting myself.

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th Yeah been thinking about it, since tonight is a big game. But I dont have any access to any car atm since my parent's car broke down and they will use mine tonight to go out. So yeah, I'm too lazy to talk :p

Good suggestion Ads!!! Game should be on at a local Sportsbar or Pub that has Fox, that's what I would be doing if I had no Cable TV. Not sure what to advise you Dark...Not a good thing when me and Ads do not agree...He likes Adelaide and I like Queensland. I feel Queensland has more scoring options and I am not overly excited with Adelaide just yet as they have only won the 2 games against two teams that were either poor defensively and undermanned. Adelaide have only scored 5 goals in their last eight away games which is not so flash, but they are a fair side. I am happily backing the Roar cos that's who I think is the better team at the moment and many things in their favour...I may save on the draw, but not sure yet. Best of luck with the over 2.5 bet...I don't particularly like under and over betting myself.
thanks, i'll just see how it goes...if it looks like it would end up UNDER, i'll just bomb it at the last minute :) :hope hopefully it will be over..just to save me the trouble... good luck all.. if any of u guys could update play by play here would be great..if not, just depend on my feeling :lol

Thanks Beejay for your really good information. I m a newbie here just got to know this site. So anyhow what is you guys recommend pick? Thanks again. Good Luck to everybody here.
Welcome to punters lounge Ibryan. This forum is a great source for information and has alot of knowledgeable people who can offer some great advice. If you get a chance venture over to meatmans French League 2 thread, always some money to be made there! As for tonights game its very tough to call, im thinking either a draw or Adelaide, and beejay thinks Queensland so i think its best to stay away from the game all together :rollin Enjoy your stay

Thanks Beejay for your really good information. I m a newbie here just got to know this site. So anyhow what is you guys recommend pick? Thanks again. Good Luck to everybody here.
:welcome IBRYAN Hopefully you enjoy your time at Punter's Lounge IBrian and manage to get a winner along the way :ok The best thing to do is read what people have to say and use the information to make up your own mind what you might like to bet on. I just try to provide information and my thoughts on the games and hopefully get it right more often than not...This way people can harness the information and it may help them in deciding if they agree with me or disagree...Sometimes people put up some really good reasons why a team may or may not win, and other people's thoughts can sometimes help you in not backing a team you might otherwise have backed because they told you something you did not previously know. The last 3 weeks have been quite good with the A League and a 75% strike rate and some good prices to be had, but she is a pretty tough round this week, and although a few draws are a great possibility I am going to try and pick a winner if I can. And I like Queensland tonight :ok

thanks' date=' i'll just see how it goes...if it looks like it would end up UNDER, i'll just bomb it at the last minute :) :hope hopefully it will be over..just to save me the trouble... good luck all.. if any of u guys could update play by play here would be great..if not, just depend on my feeling :lol[/quote'] Yeh no worries Dark...only a matter of wandering out to the PC when something relevant happens. Cheers :cheers

Yeah been thinking about it' date=' since tonight is a big game. But I dont have any access to any car atm since my parent's car broke down and they will use mine tonight to go out. So yeah, I'm too lazy to talk :p[/quote'] IT seems strange there is no coverage on free to air tv. With soccers dramtic rise to popularity in this country recently, and the fact the A-League want to try and promote the game and get as many people to follow it as possible, it seems a strange decision to show all the games on pay tv. Given that only 20% of the population have pay tv and that not all of that 20% will watch the A-League, it makes for a small audience... Maybe when the next tv rights deal comes up this will get changed. They used to show english premier league on sbs saturday nights but took it off and put it on foxtel which really pissed me off at the time, thats the main reason why i got foxtel. The thing is fans such as yourself are missing out on the action and i dont think its fair, hopefull something is rectified soon

Welcome to punters lounge Ibryan. This forum is a great source for information and has alot of knowledgeable people who can offer some great advice. If you get a chance venture over to meatmans French League 2 thread, always some money to be made there! As for tonights game its very tough to call, im thinking either a draw or Adelaide, and beejay thinks Queensland so i think its best to stay away from the game all together :rollin Enjoy your stay
LOL Ads, probably good advice, tho I am already on Queensland :rollin Should be a great game to watch! I also suggest you follow Ad's advice and head over to Meatman's French Ligue 2 review IBrian as they play later on tonight as well and Meatman is very accurate and you can back his tips with some confidence. cheers

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th For those without vision of the game and who want a live web broadcast... Open WIndows Media Player and click 'File' and then click 'Open URL' and paste the following URL into the text box http://radio.internode.on.net:8042 This is the Website http://www.life.on.net/ that is broadcasting the game but I canot open it via a Browser so did it via Media Player. Cheers!!!

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th Thanks for everybody as it is really a warm welcome. Great to get so many expert here. It is a real warm start for me at here. Actually I have do some survey also. Hope can help you guys too. There are: Team preview for 2006/2007 season Queensland Roar :~ Even though Queensland rhetoric tells you the club were just a solitary victory from making the playoffs, the Roar's failure to win around Christmas cost them a chance of breaking into the top four. They languished outside the top half for two-thirds of the season and it was only three late season wins which propped up their points tally towards the end. In summary, last year Queensland were defensively sound but profligate in front of goal. No surprises then that three of the team's major arrivals are international calibre strikers, and that of season one's quintet of forwards, none remain (although Socceroo Alex Brosque was nabbed by hometown club Sydney FC in acrimonious circumstances). Coach Miron Bleiberg should have a lot of fun trying to prise ex-China striker Yuning Zhang, Scotland under-21 representative Simon Lynch and local hotshot Ante Milicic into his side despite his penchant for playing three up front. The Roar's supply line to the strikers has also been bolstered with Germany's Marcus Wedau arriving from VfL Osnabruck, a direct replacement for Korean Shin Tae-Yong who was forced into early retirement last term. Bleiberg has wheeled and dealed his way to a vastly superior playing staff on paper but concerns still linger as to the coach's tactical proficiency and the side's ability to gel in readiness for the new season. Last season: 6th Major arrivals: Yuning Zhang (Shanghai Shenhau, China), Simon Lynch (Dundee, Scotland), Marcus Wedau (VfL Osnabruck, Germany), Ante Milicic (Newcastle Jets) Major departures: Alex Brosque (Sydney FC), Jonti Richter (New Zealand Knights), Scott Higgins (Falkirk, Scotland), David Williams (Brondby, Denmark) Key man: Hyuk-Su Seo One to watch: Spase Dilevski Coach: Miron Bleiberg (second season) Adelaide United :~ After galloping away with the league title last term, Adelaide supporters are still seething over the way their side threw away two chances of making the all-important grand final. In some respects, winning the premiership with three rounds to spare was a false blessing as John Kosmina's side appeared to enter the finals series in too relaxed a manner. Consolidation has been Kosmina's close season strategy with some tireless behind-the-scenes effort delivering its just desserts. Adelaide has lost none of its premiership-winning squad after Kosmina convinced ex-China international striker Shengqing Qu of an eleventh-hour return to the A-League. Qu had initially returned home for family reasons before deciding the second tier of China's domestic league wasn’t much of an alternative. He should rekindle his previously effective forward partnership with Brazilian Fernando Rech although privately the coach feels he has enough backup in under-20 international Nathan Burns to offer cover and competition for places. Bobby Petta is the Reds' major acquisition after an initial trial in Queensland didn't work out. Kosmina turned his attentions to Petta after Stan Lazaridis elected to join hometown Perth Glory, yet despite the club's assertions that Petta is a more worth addition on the left side of midfield, concerns over his application remain. Last season: Premiers Major arrivals: Bobby Petta (Bradford City, England) Major departures: None Key man: Fernando Rech One to watch: Greg Owens Coach: John Kosmina (second season)

IT seems strange there is no coverage on free to air tv. With soccers dramtic rise to popularity in this country recently, and the fact the A-League want to try and promote the game and get as many people to follow it as possible, it seems a strange decision to show all the games on pay tv. Given that only 20% of the population have pay tv and that not all of that 20% will watch the A-League, it makes for a small audience... Maybe when the next tv rights deal comes up this will get changed. They used to show english premier league on sbs saturday nights but took it off and put it on foxtel which really pissed me off at the time, thats the main reason why i got foxtel. The thing is fans such as yourself are missing out on the action and i dont think its fair, hopefull something is rectified soon
Ok this is a bit out of topic I guess since this is about betting forum. But I have to agree absolutely with you mate. And if my mates not wrong, they said they take off EPL from SBS because actually SBS was using Foxtel satellite and put it on free air TV and with the nature of SBS as a company, they don't have that much of money to pay it when finally foxtel demand money from SBS. Moreover, if you notice when EPL air on free TV, there weren't lots of commercial ads on it. And I think once foxtel found that the number of interests on EPL is rising, they decided its time to make some stash of money from soccer lovers. The only way I see A-League or other soccer leagues to be aired on TV is if the free TV Giants like Channel 7 / 9 decided to air it with strong financial backing. Back to betting, I have decided that I will stay away from this game. Too hard to pick a winner ! So I'll just play safely. Good luck everyone tonight :hope:hope:hope

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th IBryan you are probably better off putting your Team Season reviews into the Non European thread Australian A League 2006/2007 Season Preview as this thread will not be seen much after the Round finishes, whereas if you put your reviews in the Season review then everyone who ventures into the Season review will see it.

Hey guys, Ive just put some money on the 1-1 result tonight, just have a feeling that will be the result. Heres to hoping for a nice little profit :cheers
haha..another different pick... some for adelaide,some for queensland..then we have over and unders...so may the correct pick win :hope ;) :drums