** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th

Hi, is Mariners game being covered on radio online as I`m in the UK and would like to listen to it if possible rockymog
Coast FM 96.3FM (Central Coast) - broadcast commences at 6:30pm (AEST). http://www.2ccc.net/ ABC 1233 Newcastle (1233AM) Broadcast commences at 6.30pm (AEST) http://www.abc.net.au/newcastle/ Try these :cheers

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th FT: Central Coast Mariners 1 - 1 Newcastle Jets 12' J. Hutchinson (CCM) 84' J. Griffiths (NJ) All over and Jets went to 9 players after Joel griffiths received a red Card for diving in the 92nd minute and straight after the Mariners went forward and should have scored but the shot hit the post. Frustrating result to let in a goal at the 84th minute when opposing team is down to 10 men. Well at least the Mariners finally scored a goal, but there defence lapsed with 6 minutes to go. :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th :@:@:@ geezz I hate that the most, for a bet to collapse in the dying minutes. I dont mind if it collapse earlier but not in the end :wall:wall:wall Oh well, fingers crossed for a better day tomorrow.

Central Coast vs Newcastle Well what to make of this match? CCM are yet to score a goal this whole campaign, yet on the other hand Newcstle have the worst defensive record in the league as they are letting in goals like they are going out of fashion, so what do you do?!? CCM haven't been playing bad football this season, they are very good defensively but they just cant score goals! Last week they played very well in front of a hostile Melbourne crowd but came up a goal short, but they controlled alot of the play. They have lost one of their main players in Andre Gumprecht to a 6 week injury and will bring in Damien Brown to replace him, Gumprecht will be a big loss to this team and it will be interesting to see how they do without him. Newcastle have the opposite problem to CCM, they are capable of scoring goals themselves as shown last week against Sydney, but their defence is absolutely shithouse (and thats putting it nicely). But with the recent addition of columbian Milton Rodriguez who was inspirational in his debut last week, and the impressive Mark Bridge they will worry a few defences thsi year. Newcastle will field a pretty much full strength squad but im not sure if they will be good enough to beat the Central Coast here. Adding to the interest of this match is that these two are big rivals, only 90km sepparates these two sides which is very very close considering the spread of teams throught the country of the teams, they are practicly neighbours so having said that I think both sides will be pressured not to lose this. But i just cant pick a winner here and i reckon another draw may be on the cards so i will go with that Pick match to end in DRAW at $3.20 - (5/10) Happy punting!
Well done again Ads on picking the draw...A good analysis but again as last night I don't think there should have been a draw, but there was lol. Good stuff, although I didn't save on the draw tonight, I reckoned the Mariners defence would have been good enough to hold Newcastle. Looks like the Jets have strengthened their defence a little and a bit more steel about them now. They may ttrouble a few teams with thier potency in attack but they will be without Okon and Griffiths for next week's game.

:@:@:@ geezz I hate that the most, for a bet to collapse in the dying minutes. I dont mind if it collapse earlier but not in the end :wall:wall:wall Oh well, fingers crossed for a better day tomorrow.
Can't agree with you more Uncoabis :wall Last night the Roar should have scored but didn't and the tonight Newcastle shouldn't have scored but did, and I didn't take a save on the draw tonight either...Gotta take the good with the bad tho and have had some good weeks where luck was with me, this weekend it is quite the opposite. :cry

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th I was out all night so didnt see any soccer but have just seen the result. I expected this to end a draw which is what i ended up tipping so hopefulyl a few of you took my advice. For those that watched it acn you give me an idea of how the match went? Who was the better side? Which players performed well? etc etc Cheers

In conclusion i will look at backing the following with my predicted scorelines in brackets: Qld/Ade draw $3.25 (1-1) 0-0 WIN CCM/New draw $3.20 (1-1) 1-1 WIN & CS Melbourne $2.20 (2-1) ??? Happy punting guys
Ads you are on fire this weekend :clap:clap:clap I'm thinking of tipping the Perth/Victory game a draw to get you over the line :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I was out all night so didnt see any soccer but have just seen the result. I expected this to end a draw which is what i ended up tipping so hopefulyl a few of you took my advice. For those that watched it acn you give me an idea of how the match went? Who was the better side? Which players performed well? etc etc Cheers
The Mariners looked to be heading for their first win of the season after an early goal to John Hutchinson and four great saves from goalkeeper Danny Vukovic, but the Jets levelled in the 82nd minute through striker Joel Griffiths for a share of the points. It was a drama-filled match, befitting a local derby, with the Central Coast dominating the first half before the Jets launched a vigorous comeback to almost steal the match. The draw, however, means both teams are still yet to register their first win of the 2006-07 Hyundai A-League season after five rounds. Hutchinson, who was back in the starting line-up after overcoming a long-term knee injury, scored the Mariners' first goal of the season in 545 minutes of play, tapping in from point-blank range early in the first half after Jamie McMaster's header was pushed his way by Jets keeper Ben Kennedy. Newcastle almost answered immediately through much talked about import striker Milton Rodriguez but Vukovic produced a fine finger-tip save to steer the Columbian's stinging left-footed volley around the left post. Vukovic denied the Jets again five minutes before half-time when a cross from Paul Kohler caught the Mariners defence flat-footed but Matthew Thompson's half-volley was tipped over by the Mariners keeper. Mark Bridge looked certain to score for the Jets in the 52nd minute when he got a full-blooded strike away from just six yards out but Vukovic saved with his legs to keep the home team in front. The Mariners looked to be home when Newcastle was reduced to 10 men in the 75th minute when skipper Paul Okon was handed a straight red card for bringing down Mariners replacement striker Adam Kwasnik. But the Jets refused to give in and almost produced the equaliser when a Nicky Carle strike from 25 yards out looked to be heading for the back of the net before Vukovic's outstretched right hand once again denied the Jets. With the momentum behind them, the Jets finally levelled eight minutes before the end of regular time when Griffiths ran on to a deft pass from Rodriguez to fire a low right-footed shot past Vukovic at the near post. The vistors seemed to have wrestled back the ascendancy and almost stole a win, launching a number of attacks on the Mariners goal in the final minutes before Griffiths' controversial sending off for diving in injury time saw the Jets reduced to nine men. Then there was drama down the other end as Kwasnik almost pulled it back for the home team in the dying seconds, but his powerful strike hit the right post, leaving the score locked at 1-1. Central Coast Mariners 1 (Hutchinson 12) Newcastle Jets 1 (Griffiths 82) Crowd: 8,439 at Bluetongue Central Coast Stadium, Gosford.

I was out all night so didnt see any soccer but have just seen the result. I expected this to end a draw which is what i ended up tipping so hopefulyl a few of you took my advice.
Took your advice in the Queensland/Adelaide game and saved on the draw, but thought Mariners would score and their defence be too strong for Newcastle...And score the Mariners did, but they seemed to panic in the last 10 minutes and let the Jets equalise very late in the game and I didn't save on the draw so tooka loss for this game unfortunately. I only seen the last 30 minutes of the game live and from what I saw the Jets looked the side more likely to score, Central Coast just don't look dangerous going forward, whereas the Jets do with Rodriguez, Bridge and Griffith always looking like they might be able to snare one. Here are some of the game Stats... Mariners--------------------Newcastle 9 ------ Attempts at goal------ 10 4 ------ Attempts on Target --- 7 4 ------ Attempts off target --- 3 6 ------ Keeper Saves --------- 2 3 ------ Corners --------------- 9 54% ---- Possession ----------- 46%

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th Perth Glory vs Melbourne Victory

Past matches

Aug 18, 2006

Pre Season

Melb Victory

1 - 0

Perth Glory

Jul 22, 2006

Pre Season

Perth Glory

1 - 1

Melb. Victory

Dec 29, 2005

A-League

Melb. Victory

2 - 2

Perth Glory

Oct 23, 2005

A-League

Perth Glory

2 - 1

Melb. Victory

Sep 04, 2005

A-League

Melb. Victory

2 - 2

Perth Glory

Jul 30, 2005

Pre Season

Melb. Victory

1 - 0

Perth Glory

Past 8 matches

matches

won

draw

lost

goals

Perth Glory

home

8 - 10

Melbourne

away

10 - 10

Melbourne Victory are undefeated and flying so far this season in the A League but funnily enough they have never beaten Perth Glory in the league but Ernie Merrick's side was victorious five weeks ago when it ran out 1-0 winners in the final round of the Hyundai A-League Pre-Season Cup. The Victory hasn’t looked back since, stringing together a sequence of four consecutive wins and looking to extend the best-ever league start with a fifth win over the Glory. Melbourne's success has been due to captain Kevin Muscat's switch from full-back to midfield with Muscat admitting he's as fit as he's felt in recent years thanks to a full and stringent pre-season training regime. Steve Pantelidis and the returning Grant Brebner have also played their part in helping Melbourne take charge of games with a high intensity approach. Pantelidis is expected to make his third consecutive start with Brazilian playmaker Fred serving the final match of his three-round suspension. Meanwhile, Brebner - the impressive Scottish import who put in a man-of-the-match display when the sides met last month - is back after sitting out last week's win over the Mariners with a knee strain. Claudinho makes way. In stark contrast to the lively relationship Archie Thompson and Daniel Allsopp have struck up this season for Melbourne, Perth head coach Ron Smith has his share of goalscoring concerns. The Glory players lead the table when it comes to the unwanted record of shots off target with 20 already accumulated between Naum Sekulovski, Stuart Young and Leo Bertos alone. Great news then that Bobby Despotovski - last season's Hyundai A-League player of the year with eight goals in 21 rounds - has been back in training for over a week now after a persistent back complaint ruled him out of all Perth's matches since mid-July. Despotovski joins fit-again Stan Lazaridis in returning to an extended 17-player Glory squad. David Micevski keeps his place but Josip Magdic is omitted.

Current Odds

X

Perth Glory

Melb. Victory

I can’t see any reason to jump off the Melbourne bandwagon yet and $2-35 is good odds for a team that has yet to taste defeat…My only concern is that they have yet to beat Perth at home and the Glory has 2 big inclusions this week in Despotovski and Laziridis and in between 2 three goal 3 defeats Perth have beaten Central Coast and had a 1-1 draw with Sydney, so they are quite capable on their day. Perth also seem to know how to win on Sunday afternoon where they have a strike rate of around 90% at home when playing on Sunday compared to games played at other times at home…Interesting stat that, but I am going to tip Melbourne as their form says they are the ones, but I am really considering saving on the draw as their match history suggests a draw or a one goal win by either side.

If you fancy the Victory to win by 2 goals or more then Centrebet has the Victory at $4-85 for the -1 Handicap with Draw, great odds if you fancy the multiple goal win by the away team.

BET

Melbourne Victory Straight Out @ $2-30 for the Win

Save on the draw @ $3-20 if you have any doubts EDIT: Corrected some spelling mistakes and formatting

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th Guys I think instead of taking the Melb win and Draw for cover. bet365 offering an AH line of -0.25 Melbourne with odds of 2.025 for that. So it will automatically cover for the draw if it were to happen. I reckon its a good offer for this match. Just an info, hopefully it helps :ok Personally taking it myself @ 4/10

Guys I think instead of taking the Melb win and Draw for cover. bet365 offering an AH line of -0.25 Melbourne with odds of 2.025 for that. So it will automatically cover for the draw if it were to happen. I reckon its a good offer for this match. Just an info, hopefully it helps :ok Personally taking it myself @ 4/10
Sounds like a good idea Uncoabis so thanx for the tip :ok I havn't had much to do with other betting agencies so might have to start shopping around...Cheers!

Guys I think instead of taking the Melb win and Draw for cover. bet365 offering an AH line of -0.25 Melbourne with odds of 2.025 for that. So it will automatically cover for the draw if it were to happen. I reckon its a good offer for this match. Just an info, hopefully it helps :ok Personally taking it myself @ 4/10
hi, goodwork goin on there guys. Keep it up :ok however, on a slight note with the -0.25 asianhand.....u lose 1/2 your stake if your team draws.:cheers

Re: Australian A League Round 5 - 21st/24th 30mins in and still Perth 0 - 0 Melbourne Not much happening and Melbourne seem as flat as a tack and that may be cos of the very hot and humid conditions in Perth, cos it is as cold as ice back here around an hour from Melbourne. Allesandrio substituted at 35m for Caraces by Melbourne Manager Ernie Merrick and there doesn't appear to be an injury and the Brazilian midfielder is not too pleased.

30mins in and still Perth 0 - 0 Melbourne Not much happening and Melbourne seem as flat as a tack and that may be cos of the very hot and humid conditions in Perth, cos it is as cold as ice back here around an hour from Melbourne. Allesandrio substituted at 35m for Caraces by Melbourne Manager Ernie Merrick and there doesn't appear to be an injury and the Brazilian midfielder is not too pleased.
thanks Beej for the updates,had taken over 1.25