Ayr Gold Cup saturday 16/09

bowles10

apart from the usual daily thread, this race deserves its own. A great betting heat with nearly 30 runners charging down the 6f straight at Ayr. This year the sprint king Dandy Nicholls failed to register in time & missed out on the prize he has won many times albeit from multiple entries. The silver cup today showed a bias to the high drawn horses. I have been looking at some stats & have narrowed the field down for my selections: I am to choose from : Appalachian trail (24) Andonikos (27) Out after dark (22) Fantasy beliver (23) Woodcote (20) 25/1 Viking spirit (25) 25/1 Coleorton dancer (26) 33/1 the 3 in bold are my final EW bets for this race. best prices shown.

Re: Ayr Gold Cup saturday 16/09 Your not going to believe me mate but, I just got an email from ' a source' saying that OUT AFTER DARK is running tomoz I think they have times mixed up as I got it at 3.20 but must be 3.15 AYR. Also got it in my lill' black book. Well worth the e/w at >20's thoughts mate

Re: Ayr Gold Cup saturday 16/09 Gonna be going with Appalachian Trail and Woodcote, both EW. As you say I think draw is key and these two have a great chance.... Gonna miss the race cause I got tickets to Worcester V Surrey Pro40 tomorrow now which will be great, but was looking forward to this

Re: Ayr Gold Cup saturday 16/09

Your not going to believe me mate but, I just got an email from ' a source' saying that OUT AFTER DARK is running tomoz I think they have times mixed up as I got it at 3.20 but must be 3.15 AYR. Also got it in my lill' black book. Well worth the e/w at >20's thoughts mate
Yea its defo running in the Gold Cup. Has a good draw and combined with the info I might have a cheeky EW also ;)

Your not going to believe me mate but, I just got an email from ' a source' saying that OUT AFTER DARK is running tomoz I think they have times mixed up as I got it at 3.20 but must be 3.15 AYR. Also got it in my lill' black book. Well worth the e/w at >20's thoughts mate
its 33's in a few places & its in my bets thread also, i have backed it every time since May, needs a bit of luck but off 100 tomorrow (last win in the portland handicap at Donny last year was off 100 also) deffo has a chance & knowing my luck it will win !! My bets are based simply on some stats that i have seen but i will be having a tickle on this one also.

Agree with everyone after the Silver Cup that high is the way to go. ANDRONIKOS with Ryan Moore on board must have EW squeak, and really fancy DARK MISSILE, in cracking form (albeit tough task for 3yo). Both EW. GL for tomorrow:ok
agree russ, i took the 3yo's out of my equation. I didnt only look at the previous gold cup results but also all 6f races at Ayr in last 10 years. 4yo & 5yo come out on top weighted between 8-8 & 9-3.

Re: Ayr Gold Cup saturday 16/09 From the RP

The sequence 28-21-20-24 will be of captivating interest to those with a mind to get rich quick today. No, this is not the code to Tom Segal's safety deposit box at Credit Suisse, but the stalls of the first four home in yesterday's Silver Cup - sometimes a vital clue to the outcome of the Gold Cup the following day.

Agree with everyone after the Silver Cup that high is the way to go. ANDRONIKOS with Ryan Moore on board must have EW squeak, and really fancy DARK MISSILE, in cracking form (albeit tough task for 3yo). Both EW. GL for tomorrow:ok
again from the RP.
Paul Cole, trainer of Andronikos "He had a bad run last time, other wise he would have finished second. He's in good form."
Well worth an E/W at 28's ladbrokes.

Re: Ayr Gold Cup saturday 16/09 I cant have anything drawn below 20 here todayTheres so many with chances here and its really difficult. I cant argue with Woodcote - ran a great race in the Stewards Cup and the form has held up since. Deserves to win a race and has a clear chance today although will have to reverse form with Hogmaneigh and Fantasy Believer, which isnt a folorn hope. Skhilling Spirit looks interesting from stall 21. Ran 3 good races at the start of the season and then was put away for 3 months before racing as though he needed the run last time out. Has form on the softer ground (the softer the better actually) and has won in big fields. Should be ripe for this if maintaining his early season form. There would be some guesswork going on with Viking Spirits fitness but he's run well after a break before and has a live each way chance. His 6f record is very consistent in some high class handicaps too. Orientor loves cut in the ground, is running into some kind of form and has the best of the draw - Not getting any younger and cant really see him winning but worth an each way bet. So: Viking Spirit: 2 pts ew @ 25/1 william hill Skhilling Spirit: 2 pts ew @ 28/1 bet365 Orientor: 1 pt ew @ 16/1 betfred If it rains I will top up on Skhilling Spirit.