Australian A-League: Round 4

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 FT: Melbourne Victory 1 - 0 Central Coast Mariners 52' A. Thompson Top class second half compared to the Sydney/Jets bore fest and both sides had there opportunities to score. Melbourne should have scored another 3 they had three clear cut chances but they managed the win which is the main thing. I got 3 out of 4 right but the one I missed hurt me most and still cannot believe Sydney let a 2-0 lead slip and become a 2-2 draw. It spoilt an almost perfect punting round on the A League. The Mariners are on there way back too and they were looking good at times in the match, they will score a goal shortly.

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4

O boy i overslept and missed the Sydney game' date=' but i see that Sydney managed only a draw so no early money today :([/quote'] Yes sirree after being up 2-0 against the bottom side, very poor display by Sydney and wasn't impressed with them at all in an attacking sense...They defended well at times but the Jets managed 2 goals and could have had a few more.:@

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 Well said Fools :clap I was happy to pick 3 from four and a draw that probably should have held on for a home win...The pockets would have been happier with 4 winners tho cos had a bit riding on the Sydney win. This is a tough league at times tho and anyone is capable of beating anyone else on there day and I have managed to pick 3 from 4 the last two weeks which has helped me on the punt in Oz and that is keeping me content at the moment in light of Sydney letting me down. It's just that I head off overseas to punt in some of the other Leagues and give back what I have been winning on the A League lol...I have fun doing so tho and not breaking my bank yet.

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 Great tipping guys, good effort to get 6 of the last 8 winners, very hard to tip draws at the best of the times and especially when its meant to be the title favourite against the bottom side and the fact the pricks give up a 2 goal lead... Oh well Ive watched quite a few of the games from the A-League this year and they are all good quality games. Huge crowds at the games and especially at Melbourne, considering its AFL finals at the moment its pretty incredible the press the A-LEague is getting and the crowd attendences. Unheard of really with domestic soccer in Australia. The world cup has done wonders There was one negative to this weeks action though, and that was the coverage of todays Melbourne matcah. Who was that bloke doing special comments in the comentry box? Total idiot, was like listening to Dermot Brereton & Mark Taylor on acid :wall

Looks a pretty straight forward round, all the favourites are pretty short and rightfully so. Melbourne vs Central Coast I find it hard to go pass Melbourne here. This season Melbournes defence has also been strong, which was their downfall last year, but now they have competition for places at the back and they are playing against a team who hasnt scored so far in this campaign. Melbourne should win this, but i wouldnt be supprised if its a draw. Maybe take the DNB option if your worried. Adelaide vs Perth Adelaide represent some good value here at $1.85 after their clinical display last Friday night against Newcastle winning 5-1, Adelaide will be way too strong here and id take the 1.85 while you can. Queensland vs New Zealand The Queensland attack is very strong this season lead by Simon Lynch, and I think New Zealand will struggle to hold him down. Queensland will win this one and im pretty confident in saying that. So in conclusion, i tip the following teams to win with what i predict will be the score: Queensland (2-0) WON 5-0 Adelaide (3-1) WON 3-0 Sydney (3-0) DRAW 2-2 Melbourne (2-1) WON 1-0 Best of luck everyone! Adam
Well done Ads in getting 3 out of four right and credible efforts at the scorelines..Hard to get a winner in this League at any time considering that any team can win on a given day, so well done!!! :cheers

Hi guys, strong start for all last night I see, well done, hopefully this will be a profitable weekend. Just popping in to have a crack at the overs in tonights game, AU V PG, the over 2.5 is @ 1.85, which is not great but given the history of these clubs, Lazaridies missing, and Adelaides determination to right the poor start to the season I see this one being fast paced, attacking end to end football that should see us over the 2.5 line. I am also going to have a very small stake at the draw here, Adelaide were lucky to come up against a very very poor newcastle defence last week and I am not sure that this win indicates the great form that has seen them into 1.70 this week, on the otherside Perth are a side that can grind out a result in these tight games and I think they will push Adelaide, as New Zealand did, I see it being a physical match up and a late Perth equaliser. Starting Bank: 83.6 (16.4 down from last week) 15 Points to AU V PG over 2.5 goals @ 1.85 on Sportingbet 7Points to the Draw AU V PG @ 3.35 on Sportingbet :hope:hope:hope:hope
Up to 89.35, not much time to have a look this week so pretty quiet for me, good to be up some. That Sydney result was pretty amazing, sounds like they just broke down all over the park, Corica getting a straight red probably did not help the cause!

Up to 89.35' date=' not much time to have a look this week so pretty quiet for me, good to be up some. That Sydney result was pretty amazing, sounds like they just broke down all over the park, Corica getting a straight red probably did not help the cause![/quote'] I dont know what happened to them. They were playing so well, they were attacking hard and were dominating possession, when they went 2-0 up after 38 minutes i thought it was all over. Newcastle luckily got one with the last kick of the first half. Then in the second half it was virtually two different teams who took the field. Sydney lost all their dominance and looked out of their depth, while Newcsatle bolted out of the box and were dominating. They were very very unlucky not to win the match in the 93rd minute when one of their players had a shot hit the crossbar. Im sure having Corrica sent off didnt help their cause but he is only one player. Such a form reversal in a half of football is unheard of for a big team like Sydney.

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 My selections for this week and 75% strike rate and with a little luck would have been 100% Queensland to win @ $1-47 if you want the simple win Queensland -1 Handicap with Draw @ $2-30 for a little bit better odds Queensland won 5-0 so the WIN for Straight Out and -1 Handcap bet Adelaide United to win @ $1-85 at Centrebet Adelaide won 3-0 so WIN for the Straight Out bet Sydney FC Straight WIn @ $1-60 Sydney FC -1 Handicap with Draw @ $2-30 Sydney had 2-2 draw after leading 2-0 after 38 minutes - LOSS Melbourne Victory Straight Win @ $1-70 Melbourne win 1-0 so WIN for the Straight Out bet Sydney letting a 2 goal lead slip and allowing the Jets back into the game proved very costly for me but I still made a good profit on the other 3 games and hope others did too.

My selections for this week and 75% strike rate and with a little luck would have been 100% Queensland to win @ $1-47 if you want the simple win Queensland -1 Handicap with Draw @ $2-30 for a little bit better odds Queensland won 5-0 so the WIN for Straight Out and -1 Handcap bet Adelaide United to win @ $1-85 at Centrebet Adelaide won 3-0 so WIN for the Straight Out bet Sydney FC Straight WIn @ $1-60 Sydney FC -1 Handicap with Draw @ $2-30 Sydney had 2-2 draw after leading 2-0 after 38 minutes - LOSS Melbourne Victory Straight Win @ $1-70 Melbourne win 1-0 so WIN for the Straight Out bet Sydney letting a 2 goal lead slip and allowing the Jets back into the game proved very costly for me but I still made a good profit on the other 3 games and hope others did too.
Great tipping Beejay. A good round had by all i think, but by the sounds it would of been a hell of a lot better if Sydney didnt have a brain melt in the second half. But i guess thats the unpredictability of the A-League nd to tip 3 winners is a great effort. Keep up the great previews & reviews everyone, this is fast becomming a popular league among the punters lounge punters