Australian A-League: Round 4

Friday September 15th, 8:00pm Queensland ($1.53) Draw ($3.65) New Zealand ($5.75) Saturday September 16th, 7:00pm Adelaide ($1.85) Draw ($3.40) Perth ($3.75) Sunday September 17th, 3:00pm Sydney ($1.60) Draw ($3.40) Newcastle ($5.50) Sunday September 17th, 5:00pm Melbourne ($1.75) Draw ($3.40) Central Coast ($4.25) All odds courtesy of Centrebet

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 Looks a pretty straight forward round, all the favourites are pretty short and rightfully so. Melbourne vs Central Coast Melbourne do have Allesandro back in the squad, will be interesting to see how fit he is though and whether or not he will make an impact. Fred has been suspended for 2 games and will be unavailable for this match, he is a bit of a loss after a strong start. Central Coast have a good record over Melbourne too, so maybe a draw is a good bet? Although Melbourne have been attacking pretty well this year and with Archie Thompson and Danny Allsop in good scoring form, and with Kristian Sarkies in terriffic form in the middle, i find it hard to go pass Melbourne here. This season Melbournes defence has also been strong, which was their downfall last year, but now they have competition for places at the back and they are playing against a team who hasnt scored so far in this campaign. Melbourne should win this, but i wouldnt be supprised if its a draw. Maybe take the DNB option if your worried. Adelaide vs Perth Adelaide represent some good value here at $1.85 after their clinical display last Friday night against Newcastle winning 5-1, they come up against a Perth side which have exceeded expectations thus far. Perth have put in some pretty handy performances already this year but Adelaide will be way too strong here and id take the 1.85 while you can. Adelaide are very hard to stop at their homeground Hindmarsh Stadium as was the case most of last year. Adelaide do have Nathan Burns out for this clash on international duties and he is a very good young player, so i wonder how much impact this will make? Still, I think Adelaide will win this. Sydney vs Newcastle Sydney at 1.60 is also pretty good value considering they are a strong attacking team and playing against the worse defence in the league. I was thinking 1.40 would be more on the mark... Sydney have been pretty good this season, and while if you look at their ladder position it appears they have got off to a sluggish start, the fact is they have been missing a considerable amount of players from the get-go. As these players all come back in the better Sydney will become. And i think they will have a big win come Sunday arvo. Newcastles defence has been shithouse at best this year, they make terrible mistakes which cost goals nearly every match. They have conceded 8 goals the last two games and have conceded an own goal in each of them matches. Sydney to win this at the -1 handicap. Queensland vs New Zealand Queensland have gotten off to a flier this season and were top of the table until last weekends 0-0 with Central Coast, but the match was played under absolutely shocking conditions which made it nearly impossible to score so i wouldnt read too much into that result. The Queensland attack is very strong this season lead by Simon Lynch, and I think New Zealand will struggle to hold him down. New Zealand themselves got off to a good start until last they ran into a brick wall last week against Melbourne, they lost 3-0 and were beaton comprehensively all over the field. Queensland will win this one and im pretty confident in saying that. So in conclusion, i tip the following teams to win with what i predict will be the score: Queensland (2-0) Adelaide (3-1) Sydney (3-0) Melbourne (2-1) Best of luck everyone! Adam

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 Yeah very nice writeup Ads .. I can't see any reason at all not to pile on Queensland tonight .. The Roar is finding the net with regularity so far this season (aside from last weekend's scoreless draw in the wet) and should have no trouble getting at least one more tonight. I'm still kicking myself hard for not taking a piece of the $2 offered for Adelaide last friday night .. It was just one of those situations where you knew they were going to come out with a big performance, having lost their opening two games on the road. Won't make that mistake this weekend, $1.85 is good value for them to take care of the mediocre Glory.

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 Couldn't agree more Ads and Queensland and Sydney look standout bets for this weekend. Melbourne and Adelaide should both win too but there opponents are quite capable of causing an upset if there minds are on the job. Having said that I believe the 4 home teams in a multiple win bet will keep you riding over the weekend and with a very realistic chance of coming through at odds of around $6 or $7...The home teams are quite short and a smaller bet on the multiple appeals to me more as it will keep my interest for the weekend and hopefully the first 3 get up and be fun watching Sunday's game hoping to snare the elusive 4 team multi. I think Sydney is the best bet of the round followed closely by Queensland...And after watching Adelaide last week they should win too, and Melbourne have been exceptional so far but face their bogey team in the Mariners...Melbourne havn't stopped scoring, and Mariners havn't scored, quite the contrast, so take the team that knows how to score...Melbourne for me in what should be an all home teams win spree.

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 Queensland Roar Vs New Zealand Mariners Past 5 meetings

22-Jul-06

A-League

Queensland Roar

1 - 1

NZ Knights

1-Dec-05

A-League

Queensland Roar

1 - 1

NZ Knights

16-Oct-05

A-League

NZ Knights

0 - 2

Queensland Roar

28-Aug-05

A-League

Queensland Roar

2 - 0

NZ Knights

30-Jul-05

A-League

NZ Knights

0 - 5

Queensland Roar

Past 8

Games

matches

won

draw

lost

goals

Queensland

home

10 - 8

NZ Knights

away

3 - 13

Queensland has a 3-2-0 record against the Knights but the Knights were a very ordinary side last season and only won the 1 game...This season they are showing a lot more heart and a little bit more skill in the game of football...History suggests that Queensland will win this game by a goal or two. Current Odds

X

Queensland

$1.47

$3.85

$6.25

NZ Knights

The Knights have a great win over Adelaide to their credit this season and they are playing much better this season but it won't be enough to beat Queensland tonight...Queensland are coming off a scoreless draw with the Mariners on a rain sodden pitch that may have an effect on the Roar players energy levels late in the game tonight, but Queensland have been creating many chances and scoring freely this season and hopefully they will be a couple of golas up before they start to tire...They appear fairly fit so far this season and have been running games out quite well, so it should not be a problem...They are a bit short for the win for my liking, but good odds at the -1 Handicap with Draw Queensland to win @ $1-47 if you want the simple win Queensland -1 Handicap with Draw @ $2-30 for a little bit better odds

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 Queensland Squad: 1. Tom Willis (gk), 2. Andrew Packer, 3. Remo Buess, 4. Chad Gibson, 5. Josh McCloughan, 7. Marcus Wedau, 8. Massimo Murdocca, 9. Simon Lynch, 10. Ante Milicic, 11. Reinaldo, 12. Yuning Zhang, 13. Spase Dilevski, 15. Matt McKay, 16. Hyuk-Su Seo, 19. Sasa Ognenovski, 20. Liam Reddy (gk), * one to be omitted In: Spase Dilevski (return from groin injury), Yuning Zhang (promoted), Remo Buess (return from hamstring injury) Out: 14. Ben Griffin (omitted), 18. Dario Vidosic (U20 International duty – 1 match) Unavailable: 6. Stuart McLaren (calf – 1 week), Dario Vidosic (international duty – 1 week) New Zealand Squad: 1. Danny Milosevic (gk); 2. Darren Bazeley, 4. Che Bunce, 6. Neil Emblen, 7. Richard Johnson, 8. Scot Gemmill, 9. Dani Rodrigues, 10. Sean Devine, 11. Jonti Richter, 14. Malik Buari, 15. Noah Hickey, 17. Frank van Eijs, 18. Michael White, 19. Sime Kovacevic, 20. Michael Turnbull (gk), 23. Franco Parisi *one to be omitted In: Noah Hickey (return from knee injury), Dani Rodrigues (return from hamstring injury), Frank van Eijs (promoted), Franco Parisi (promoted) Out: 3. Greg Duruz (groin – 2 weeks), 13. Jonas Salley (ankle – 4 weeks), 16. Adam Casey (virus – 1 week) Unavailable: Matt Carbon (groin – 3 weeks) Impending stats, facts and trivia Queensland Roar will be aiming to be the second Hyundai A-League club (after Sydney FC) to achieve an aggregate home attendance of 200,000. In its 12 home matches played to date, the Roar has attracted 183,242 spectators (15,270 per game), which means it needs another 16,758 to reach the 200,000 mark.

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4

1st time dabble into australian league... so i'll go for Queensland -1' date=' lost at Uefa Cup last nite... hopefully this will recoup some of the loss[/quote'] Good luck for your first venture darklights! But just a word of warning, this league can be highly unpredictable at times. Australian soccer has just undergone a major shakeup, they deleted the old league and introduced the new A-League which had its first season last year where alot of results were unpredictable. This season has been alot more consistent and so far i have been making money in it. Hopefulyl it can stay this way

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 yeah, healthy profit too! a little bit unpredictable,but lots of goals... example: 13th sept [10] Shonan Bellmare - *Vissel Kobe [2] .............................HOME............................ AWAY ....................GP W D L GS GA P............... W D L GS GA P W D L GS GA P 02 .Kobe 35 20 7 08 53 32 67 ............11 4 3 28 14 37 9 3 05 [25 18]30 10.Shonan 35 12 6 17 49 57 42 .........09 1 7 [27 22] 28 3 5 10 22 35 14 pick : TG2.5 OVER Final Result: 2-2

1st time dabble into australian league... so i'll go for Queensland -1' date=' lost at Uefa Cup last nite... hopefully this will recoup some of the loss[/quote'] I'm on the same bet Darklights so hopefully we can ride it home. Queensland can easily score multiple goals it's just a matter of winning by 2, and as Ads said, this can be an unpredictable league but so far this season about 90% of the games have gone as I thought they would. I am watching the game live so will post any goals as they happen...Ads will post goals too if he is about. Might go for a wander into the J league later and see if you have anything special for tomorrow. Just for your information Darklights check out Meatman's review of French Ligue 2 as he is very thorough and very accurate and his tips can be backed with confidence. Good luck and good punting all!!!

Beejayville, alright i'll follow the livescores too..hopefully i can find a channel with live game on the net... good luck to u too... might have a look in French Lg 2 laterhttp://www.radiosport.co.nz/ has a live telecast of the game apparently...Just click on the "Listen Live" graphic at top left of the page. Cheers!!!
I just checked radio guides and

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 Adelaide United v Perth Glory Saturday 16 September, 6.30pm ACST (5.00pm AWST) Radio: Life FM 107.9FM (Adelaide) – Broadcast commences 7.00pm ACST http://www.life.on.net/ Sydney FC v Newcastle Jets Sunday 17 September, 3.00pm AEST Radio ABC 1233 Newcastle (1233AM) Broadcast commences at 2.45pm http://www.abc.net.au/newcastle/ Melbourne Victory v Central Coast Mariners Sunday 17 September, 5.00pm AEST Radio SEN 1116AM (Melbourne) – Broadcast commences 4.30pm AEST http://www.sen.com.au/ Coast FM 96.3FM (Central Coast) - broadcast commences at 4:30pm AEST. http://www.2ccc.net/ Can listen to any of these A League games on these websites. :cheers

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 Queensland Roar v New Zealand Knights Date: Friday September 15 Kick-off (local time): 8.00pm Venue: Suncorp Stadium Head-to-head Three league meetings: Queensland - 2 wins, 1 draw Previous meeting New Zealand 1 Queensland 2 (North Harbour Stadium, Pre-Season Cup final round, August 2006) Last five results Queensland: Draw - Win - Win - Win - Draw New Zealand: Loss - Loss - Draw - Win - Loss Analysis In what is their third meeting already this season, both the Queensland Roar and New Zealand Knights welcome back a host of key players from injury. Queensland, on an unbeaten eight-match sequence which includes a 1-1 draw and a 2-1 win against the Knights in the Hyundai A-League Pre-Season Cup, will include Swiss left-sided defender Remo Buess in its starting line-up following a hamstring strain. Countryman Gregory Duruz, however, misses out for New Zealand with a groin problem allowing coach Paul Nevin to recall Frank van Eijs for his first appearance since being sent off in the final pre-season match against Queensland. More importantly for Nevin, whose side has scored just once in the league proper courtesy of Malik Buari's goal of the season contender, Portuguese hot-shot Dani Rodriguez is named in an extended 16-man travelling party. Rodriguez scored on his debut against the Roar on the Sunshine Coast in pre-season and replaces Adam Casey in the squad. Former Newcastle Jets striker Franco Parisi also gets a call-up. Nevin can also call on Noah Hickey after knee trouble with the All White's reappearance helping soften the blow of losing combative midfielder Jonas Salley for a month with ankle ligament damage. Meanwhile, Michael Turnbull should push Danny Milosevic for the goalkeeping spot despite Milosevic having started all three league matches so far. Queensland coach Miron Bleiberg has described the encounter as a must-win largely because of the Roar's upcoming trips to Melbourne, Sydney and Perth to complete the first phase of matches. He must do without under-20 international Dario Vidosic, who is on international duty, but has included Spase Dilevski and Yuning Zhang in the squad with both expected to be named on the bench. Bleiberg has admitted Zhang will only manage up to 30 minutes against the Knights after embarking on an intensive fitness campaign following his return from China. Stuart McLaren has still not recovered from his calf niggle and is rested as a precaution but fellow defender Josh McCloughan is expected to start despite injuring his toe in last weekend's rain-soaked goalless draw with the Mariners. He'll undergo a fitness test on the morning of the game.

queens 1-0 beejay by the way the live link you gave are broadcasting rugby game. You got any link to listen this game? thanks
If you go to: http://www.viidoo.com/en/index.php? and download a small program (3MB or so) you can watch a bunch of live TV channels in your browser. There are a lot of sport channels. That may be of some help? I havnt tried it for A-League though

Re: Australian A-League: Round 4 HT: Queensland Roar 1 - 0 New Zealand Knights 7' M. McKay First twenty minutes was all Queensland and they were unlucky not to be 3 goals up by now...The Knights have had more of the ball but Queensland has had more of the chances. The Knights winning in the midfield but would have more chance of scoring in a Kings Cross alley at the moment, they have no one who looks like scoring a goal. Both sides made many mistakes in the last 10 minutes before half-time and it may be the effects of the heavy grounds last week...Queensland should score another goal you would think, but they will have to try a little harder...Knights are capable of getting one goal at least if they have a little luck. Predicting 2-0 or 3-0 at this stage, well hoping anyway lol :rollin

queens 1-0 beejay by the way the live link you gave are broadcasting rugby game. You got any link to listen this game? thanks
Sorry bud but thats the only sport radio it seems in NZ...Didn't realise they had radio over there as it was :rollin But that was supposedly the radio channel the game was on.