** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09

Saturday 2 September 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
Northern Ireland v Iceland (15:00 BST)2.303.203.00109% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer - - -Last GoalscorerHalf-time ResultPlayer To Score 2+To Score a Hat-trick
Scotland v Faroe Islands (15:00 BST)1.128.5026.00105% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer - - -Last GoalscorerCornersFirst Goal TimeHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultPlayer To Score 2+To Score a Hat-trickTotal Goals
England v Andorra (17:00 BST)1.0212.0081.00108% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer - - -Last GoalscorerOver/UnderPlayer To Score 2+To Score a Hat-trick
Georgia v France (17:00 BST)8.004.201.44106% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Result
Belarus v Albania (18:00 BST)1.803.505.50103% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Result
Malta v Bosnia & Herzegovina (18:15 BST)8.004.331.44105% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Result
Hungary v Norway (19:00 BST)2.623.252.70106% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Result
Latvia v Sweden (19:00 BST)4.753.251.83107% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Result
Romania v Bulgaria (19:00 BST)1.833.254.50108% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Result
Czech Republic v Wales (19:15 BST)1.404.339.00106% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer - - -Last GoalscorerCornersFirst Goal TimeHalf-time ResultHandicap ResultPlayer To Score 2+To Score a Hat-trickTotal Goals
Moldova v Greece (19:15 BST)5.003.601.72106% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Result
Serbia & Montenegro v Azerbaijan (19:15 BST)1.117.5017.00110% Related markets...Match Result - - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Result
Slovakia v Cyprus (19:15 BST)1.305.0010.00107% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Result
Estonia v Israel (19:30 BST)3.003.202.30109% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Result
Luxembourg v Netherlands (19:30 BST)70.0012.001.02108% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect Score
Poland v Finland (19:30 BST)1.504.008.00105% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Result
Germany v Republic of Ireland (19:45 BST)1.444.008.00107% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-timeCorrect ScoreFirst GoalscorerAnytime Goalscorer - - -Last GoalscorerHalf-time ResultPlayer To Score 2+To Score a Hat-trick
Italy v Lithuania (19:50 BST)1.146.6017.00109% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Result
Spain v Liechtenstein (21:00 BST)1.0211.5082.00108% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Result

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09 Both Slovakia and the Czech Republic have to register must-wins in a very difficult group, and the prices ain't bad at all - looks like a double worth the risk.;) If Poland recovered from their disastrous WC appearance, they should beat Finland with no probs at all;) Not too sure about Germany, but judging by very last friendlies of both sides, a home win is on cards here;)

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09 Hungary looks great to beat Norway, the team is in very good form, all players are getting play time in their club,and beating Austria 2-1 has lifted morale very much. Their coach Bozsik is very good and he is trying to get Hungarian football back to it's former glory, he's been preparing this game for 2 months now. Hungarian players technically are superioir to Norway,Gera and Szabics in great form, also newcomer striker Horvath played exceptionally in Austria. I'm confident Hngary will take this and the odds are definitaly worth the risk 2,62.

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09 Israel Capable Of Winning Start In Estonia

While England kick-off their Euro 2008 campaign with what should be a stroll in the park against Andorra on Saturday, Group E rivals Estonia and Israel will be meeting in a far more competitive match in Tallinn. Israel should be credible challengers to England, Croatia and Russia in the bid to qualify for the finals in Austria/ Switzerland and look a decent bet to start with three points.
They only just missed out on a place in Germany for the World Cup finals, having gone through their group stage undefeated against the likes of France, Switzerland and Ireland. Estonia had a decent World Cup qualifying campaign themselves on paper, winning five of their 12 group matches. However, it should be stressed that four of those five victories came against the group minnows, Liechtenstein and Luxembourg. Estonia also started their Euro campaign with a 1:0 defeat at home to Macedonia, leaving their already remote qualification hopes hanging by a thread. The Israelis have a strong and close-knit squad, containing a core of players from Beitar Jerusalem and Maccabi Haifa. Good punting, Andy

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09 Hi Aliando, I am from Malta and am very surprised to see Bosnia so high at 4/9. They are real value at that price. Although we got two draws and a narrow undeserved loss against Japan recently it does not mean our form will continue to improve (although I hope so.) The last match we played we were trashed by Slovakia 3-0

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09

Hi Aliando, I am from Malta and am very surprised to see Bosnia so high at 4/9. They are real value at that price. Although we got two draws and a narrow undeserved loss against Japan recently it does not mean our form will continue to improve (although I hope so.) The last match we played we were trashed by Slovakia 3-0
thanks apiaster :ok every now and then a smaller nation can get a run of upsets, especially at home, so its worth asking to try and anticipate who the next one will be.

serbia and montenegro v azerbijan? havent serbia and montenegro split into two different nations? Or is this just a typo?
It's just Serbia ok, but I think you will see the old name for some time. After all we are still often called Czechoslovakia even some 15 years after the split. What can you do? Nothing.;)

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09 I wouldn´t play Poland at all. Finland isn´t that bad at all and Jari Litmanen is fit for fight again and that means alot for them. Jonatan Johansson is producing goals in th Swedish league as a rabbit produces ... 8 goals in 7 matches. I might try Finlad instead with an asian. France never play well in qualifications and a draw is very possible there. Same goes for Sweden that just got one points last time they played in the same group.

as im going out to prague to watc hthe czech wales game i really do fancyus to nick a 2-1 win out there very tempting with the odds
You are going to the wrong place, mate, this match is not played in Prague (where it would attract a really small crowd) but in Teplice - in the north of the country (btw, the Wales quota of tickets sold out very quickly);)

Any team info on Germany ? Are they gonna be in full power or second tier team against Ireland ?
Germany Squad ;
TrikotNameGeburtstagVereinSpieleTore
Tor
23Timo Hildebrand05.04.1979VfB Stuttgart 3-
1Jens Lehmann10.11.1969Arsenal London 39-
Abwehr
25Malik Fathi29.10.1983Hertha BSC Berlin1-
3Arne Friedrich29.05.1979Hertha BSC Berlin 43-
24Manuel Friedrich13.09.19791. FSV Mainz 051-
2Marcell Jansen04.11.1985Borussia Mönchengladbach9-
16Philipp Lahm11.11.1983FC Bayern München 262
26Alexander Madlung11.07.1982VfL Wolfsburg --
Mittelfeld
13Michael Ballack26.09.1976FC Chelsea London 7031
18Tim Borowski02.05.1980Werder Bremen 272
8Torsten Frings22.11.1976Werder Bremen 598
15Thomas Hitzlsperger05.04.1982VfB Stuttgart 17-
22David Odonkor21.02.1984Betis Sevilla6-
19Bernd Schneider17.11.1973Bayer 04 Leverkusen 722
7Bastian Schweinsteiger01.08.1984FC Bayern München 369
Angriff
14Gerald Asamoah03.10.1978FC Schalke 04 426
11 Miroslav Klose09.06.1978Werder Bremen 6331
10Oliver Neuville01.05.1973Borussia Mönchengladbach 639
20Lukas Podolski04.06.1985FC Bayern München3315

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09 England are, of course, very strong favourites for the visit of Andorra,the 1.03 @betfair, not surprisingly, being as generous as it gets! So, nothing that allows me the chance of a few quid! [£1000 wins £28.50! - I don't think so!] CS's of between 2 and 6-0 are all about 7.0 or 7.5 which is OK if you narrow it down to two or three of those! 3,4 and even 5 perhaps? If we can count on England to keep a clean sheet [and score BTW!] then 1.14 is on offer from betuk and spo-odds for just one team to score! this presumes of course that Andorra aren't going to surprise us and notch [somethimg they managed v the Czechs! 8-1] HT/FT home/home @1.15 Betfair and 1.12 PPower are also possibilities! 8.4 is availiable for the draw/home if that's your prediction also! any thoughts? is a 14% return worth the risk? edit; that goal v the Czech rep [4/6/05] was the last they scored! but they don't play many in fairness!

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09 that's what worries me Tulenos! I'm not sure how to grade anyone anymore internationally but Iceland scored against us in a friendly and N.Ireland beat us in the 06 qualifiers! I remember a hundred years ago when San Marino scored the fastest ever international goal against us aswell! That said, though England haven't been tested exactly since the new man took over but it must be said we've done OK! McClaren seems up to weeding out what he doesn't want which is a refreshing change to Eriksson on top of that! I'm probrably going to add the CS's 3 and 4-0 to some lucky 15's - just to keep it interesting!

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09 France should be good value at around 2/5 (4/9 on the exchanges.) With a group that includes Italy and the Ukraine, they simply must win all games against the lower opposition. Also, Georgia had hit a poor run of results in the last qualifying games for the WC. That said, France will have to reshuffle their team after the WC, whether they like it or not because of a good number of old players in their WC team, so I would suggest keeping the stakes low.

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09 First thoughts are Israel looks like value and Germany might be too. Laying England at 1.02 is near-definate value, but the question is wheter anybody's willing to go that low-chance, but you've got to admit England can't have more than 97 % chance of winning this match :p

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09 9 in 9 is it for Crouch now? that double against Greece will have plenty seeing that as a fair price! not so sure myself though! hatricks aren't just handed out even by Andorra! I've already mentioned that I'm considering backing the CS's of 3 and 4-0 to England! just thought I'd tell you all that the guy in the RFO suggests 5pts each on the CS's 5, 6 and 7-0! After Greece maybe he's got a point?

I wouldn´t play Poland at all. Finland isn´t that bad at all and Jari Litmanen is fit for fight again and that means alot for them. Jonatan Johansson is producing goals in th Swedish league as a rabbit produces ... 8 goals in 7 matches. I might try Finlad instead with an asian.
Argeed. They can also throw in Forssel (ex-Chelsea now Birmingham) as a striker. And Vayrynen (PSV) & Tainio (Tottenham) in the midfield can produce in either direction. Hyypia (Liverpool) & Tihinen (ex-Anderlecht now Zürich) at defense seem a solid duo too, so no easy business for Poland. Jaaskelainen (Bolton) goalkeeper. Finland has experienced, quality players for every position and are hungry to qualify for the first time to a major tournament. They think it's easier to start away and take the extra pressure off. The only real weakness what I can see is their left flank on defense. Kallio (Molde) is quick, but more used to play in the centre and not so steady. Knowing Roy Hodgson's way of coaching I think this match is going to be a tight-defending, low-scoring affair. Specially in the beginning of the campaign both teams concentrate more on NOT losing than winning. Poland didn't click at the WC. They too have changed manager since then, have new players and the new play system is not yet fully functioning. Leo Beenhakker is the first foreign National team coach in the country. He's continously complaining that his team looks too nervous and sleepy to his taste. The player selections have lifted more than enough eye-brows in Poland. Both teams have quite a few players who are usually benched in their respective club teams (Poland: goalie Dudek (Liverpool), striker Frankowski (Wolves, now loan in Tenerife), striker Zurawski (Celtic, played last game), winger Smolarek (Dortmund). I think Beenhakker wouldn't play Dudek if Boruc (Celtic) is healty. All this spells trouble and more reason to take it extra safe. So less risks, less goals. Only other thing that might produce a different result is Team Finland's tendency to somewhat crack under pressure when again things are not going as planned. This can result in a massacre. But if they can hold it together it gets as tight as it can be. POLAND Dudek, Boruc Zewlakow (Olympiakos), Jop (FK Moskau), Bak (Al-Ryyan), Golanski (Korona Kielce), Glowacki (Wisla Krakow), Wasilewski (Lech Poznan) Sobolewski (Wisla Krakow), Lewandowski (Shahtar Donetsk), Szymkowiak (Trabzonsbor), Radomski (Austria Wien), Smolarek, Mila (Austria Wien), Krzynowek (Wolfsburg), Blaszczykowski (Wisla Krakow), Gargula (GKS Belchatow) Frankowski, Zurawski, Jelen (Auxerre), Matusiak (GKS Belchatow) FINLAND Jaaskelainen, Kaven (TamU) Pasanen (Werder Bremen), Hyypia, Tihinen, Kallio, Pasoja (Ham-Kam) Kolkka (Feyenoord), Ilola (Elfsborg), Heikkinen (Luton), Lagerblom (FC Köln), Riihilahti (Kaiserslautern), Vayrynen, Litmanen (Malmo FF), Tainio, Nurmela (HJK), Wiss (TamU) Johansson (Malmo FF), Forssel, Eremenko (Lecce, now FK Saturn, Russia) This one is officially cleaned. ;) EDIT: Sobolewski out (ankle) will be replaced by Kazmierczak (Boavista, 3 caps). Finland: all players are fit, but Litmanen had a cold in Thursday, and practised only lightly on Friday. Press conference on Friday: Finnish players and Hodgson were VERY nervous and agitated in their aswers. Don't know what this means, insecurity or concentration. They are going to start with a fully defensive attitude. Poland is likely to have only 5 players on the field from the team vs Germany in WC. So a lot of chances as would have been expected. Beenhakker worries if they can produce when controlling the game. He said that they are better against an opponent who would do just that, not when they must lead themselves. 1st half: Finland is defending extremely well and converts to offense too. Two clear chances on goal and one oh-so-near penalty kick incident. Mid-field is forcing Poland to play long balls, stops the play and Johansson is very sharp on attack. Poland is playing patiently but quite slow. Little tentative and nervous at times on defence too. Cannot use their counter-attack weapon thus are at times confused what to do when they must control the ball for long periods. Team is very quick in converting to attack when given time and space, but if Finland continues playing this tightly and actively the Poles must come up with something new. Only 3 shots with one on goal. 2nd half At the 1st period Poland let Finnish defense pass the ball around. They made two chances to the mid-field in the half-time and started to apply pressure with three men. This immediately created problems for Finland.

54 min 0-1 Finland: second strange error in Poland’s middle defense. Litmanen takes the ball, dribbles and chippes the ball to the net over Dudek.

Finland’s defensive line starts to back up towards their own goal and Poland gains possession more easily. Kallio on the left flank has problems with Jelen as expected and must have support from the mid-field. Poland creates more and more opportunitities and has near misses. Finland can’t hold on to the ball and keep the pressure off their defense.

Poland has problems in defending against long passes. 76 min 0-2 Finland: A red card to the Polish defender #5 Glowacki pulling down Eremenko in the penalty box. A penalty kick. Litmanen scores.

Poland has to start to play with three defenders downstairs. Things heaten up on the field. Poland loses all control and motivation.

86 min 0-3 Finland: Poland’s defense trap is unsuccessful. Tainio lobs the ball over everybody. Vayrynen scores.

Both teams somewhat stop playing. 90 min: 1-3 Finland: Gargula scores for Poland. Final score 1-3 Finland. It can be safely said: Finland CAN score. Practise games are practise games, qualification games are a whole different story. No low-scoring affair though thanks to Poland's nervousness and Finland's accurate scoring. Cleaned with 7.00. Thank you and good night.

Re: Euro qualifiers Sat 02/09 Finland will certainly need help from somewhere to beat the Poles -IMO! Finland can't score for toffee! all the changes since the world cup leave all the matches played this early in the competition that bit harder to predict of course, but are you convinced the Fins have a real chance v Poland?

Captain Courageous:'>p2p.gif
Terry to score and England to winsb.gif
:add('10645470||1811958||Terry%20to%20score%20and%20England%20to%20win||Terry%20to%20score%20and%20England%20to%20win||3.50||1,1,0,/'magic/',10645470||Terry%20to%20score%20and%20England%20to%20win',%20'O')'>3.50
Will John Terry inspire England to another victory? This caught my eye on Gamebookers!! I really like this bet and at 3.50 it's really worth a shot.__________________
this is a terrible bet,why not just bet terry to score anytime at hills @ 4.5?? although i still think 4.5 is an awful price

EventMalta-Bosnia and Herzegovina
SelectionBosnia to win
Strength10/10
Date02/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 1.44 (Back)
ReasoningThis odds is great and i will take this bet with full stake.Yesterday when bookies ofered odds betfair made a huge mistake and ofered Bosnias win for 1.50 and that was supers value bet. Today i found 1.44 at bet365. What to say about this game? There is a huge difference between this two teams.Bosnia will play first game in qualifications with full team and big ambitions coz they bolive that can be promoted from this group where are Turkey , Greece ,Norway , Hugary , Moldavia and Malta. Malta is huge outsider here and in this competetion it will be a huge suprise if they take any point zoc all team need points coz at this time Turkey , Greece , Norway ,Hungary , Bosnia and Herzegovina are on the same level. Moldavia is maybe outsider here and Malta of course. Bosnia will play all home games maybe at Bilino Polje stadium in Zenica where have superb record and where never LOST any game in all competetions.That is a huge advantage for this team in this group. As i said Blaz Sliskovic, coach of BIH have a full team for this game against Malta and against Hungary in Zenica at wednesday. BIH will play with this team: Kenan Hasagić (Gaziantepspor), Almir Tolja (Battery Sabat), Džemal Berberović (Litex), Vedin Musić (Torino), Emir Spahić (Lokomotiva), SaÅ¡a Papac (Austria), Zlatan Bajramović (Schalke), Ivica Grlić (Duisburg), Vladan Grujić (Litex), Sergej Barbarez (Bayer), Mirko Hrgović (Hajduk), Zvjezdan Misimović (Bochum), Mladen Bartolović (Hajduk), Zlatan Muslimović (Parma), Mirsad BeÅ¡lija (Hearts), Elvir Bolić (Rijeka), Ninoslav Milenković (Germinal), DuÅ¡an Kerkez (Rijeka), Vule Trivunović (Sarajevo) Admir Vladavić (Željezničar). This is best what Bosnia and Herzegovina can have in this moment.This players play in national team 4-5 years and made great results in last years.This is their last chance for any big competetion and they will not miss it so easy this time.I need to say that this team didnt succes to qualify for last EC and last WC but thet had chances til last games and drawing 1-1 at home against Denamrk didnt succes to qualify directly to last EC and also losing 0-1 in Belgrad against SCG in last game didnt succes to qualify for last WC. This time Bosnia have bigers chance coz this group is not so hard as previously. Bosnia wil play this game very careful coz in previously qualification Bosnia had problem to win away against poor teams as San Marino , Luxemburg and Lihtestein.This time i expect a easy win for this team.In last days team made training two times per day and most of time they was talking and realxing just to make a psihical factor ok wich will be very importan in next two games coz first time in history BIH play first two games in group as favourite.