** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Quick System

Guest ralphie7

Re: Quick System Hello there ralphie7.. I was wondering (since I am new to this) what does f/c mean? Also, are all the tips for UK horse racing and do you bet with one particular bookie? ie-betfair? Since I am in Australia would it matter "what time" I placed the bets? Many thanks in advance and have a great day..

Re: Quick System aristopwr :welcome

I was wondering (since I am new to this) what does f/c mean? Also, are all the tips for UK horse racing and do you bet with one particular bookie? ie-betfair? Since I am in Australia would it matter "what time" I placed the bets?
Hello hope this helps..... 1.... f/c means forcast price - i use the Racing Post website forecast price for the selections. 2.... I use UK and Irish race meetings. no idea what results would be using any others I have never checked. To keep the results true for camparison sake year -to-year I always use the starting price for the results on here. Likewise I always use the same stake when posting the selections on here. Reason being that if a system can't make a profit at level stakes then no staking system will make it a good system. Thats just my opinion. For my own bets I do use the " Retirement staking plan " with this. If you can get a better price then starting price then thats great. Its just personal preference whether you take a price or take s/p. 3....doesn't matter what time you put them on i post the selections as soon as i have checked them. hope that helps one of my mates is in Australia at present visiting his son and daughter-in-law not sure where abouts though he sure picked a good time to go UK grinds to halt with a bit of snow :$ All the Best ralphie7

Re: Quick System Thanks for the reply mate..I can't send a PM for some reason(no PM button) I was wondering what the "retirement plan" means? Also with regards to price and SP do you use a normal bookie or say an exchange like betfair? Thanks again and it is quite hot here at the moment(Queensland) and quite humid.. Hope the snow doesn't give you too much trouble..Swaps??

Re: Quick System aristopwr Hi mate regarding the p/m's I think you have to have posted on here for say 10 times ( that might not be the right number its just off the top of my head ) before you can p/m. you will get that soon though. Retirement Staking Plan The Retirement Staking plan was devised by Grandstand's Barry Hughes which is similar in some degree to Retrieval Staking, in that you are aiming to achieve a particular amount of money on any particular bet, and shape your stake accordingly. But rather than use the odds of the each horse, it uses an 'average' price of your winners. So, first of all you need to take the average price of your winners. Double this figure to get your 'divisor'. We know the average price of our winners is 3/1, so the divisor for this plan is 6. Now, the first stake in this plan is 1% of the starting Bank, and the target becomes this stake multiplied by the divisor:

SelectionDivisorTargetStakeBalance
Horse #16£6.00£1.00£100
Now that we have our first bet calculated, we can carry on. All losses are added to your target, and to get your new stake, you simply take your current target and divide by the divisor. If you go 6 races without a winner, you need to increase your divisor by one after each losing bet:
SelectionFin PosDivisorTargetStakeBalance
Starting BankNP£100.00
Horse #1NP6£6.00£1.00£99.00
Horse #2NP6£7.00£1.17£97.83
Horse #3NP6£8.17£1.36£96.47
Horse #4NP6£9.53£1.59£94.88
Horse #5NP6£11.12£1.85£93.03
Horse #6NP6£12.97£2.16£90.87
Horse #7NP7£15.13£2.16£88.71
Horse #8NP8£17.29£2.16£86.55
Horse #10NP9£19.45£2.16£84.39
Horse #10WON @ 3/110£21.61£2.16£90.87
Now, when you have a winner, you reduce your target by how much you won. And it just so happens, that we have won our 'target' odds, so with a stake of £2.16 on a 3/1, we have won £6.48. Our current target being £21.61, so we reduce the target by £6.48, which is £15.13. Now, in order to see what the divisor is, we look back to when the target in previous bets, was closest to the current target, and we can see that on Horse #7 the target was exactly £15.13, and at that point the divisor was 7, so the new divisor becomes 7.
Horse #11NP7£15.132.16£88.70
Horse #12WON @ 2/18£17.29£2.16£93.03
Now, again we have won, so we take the winnings from the target. £2.16 @ 2/1 = £4.32. Target of £17.29 - £4.32 = £12.97. So again, we look to the past to see when our target was close to the current, and this was on Horse #6, where the target was exactly £12.97 - at this time the divisor was 6, so the new divisor is 6. However, we must also remember that at this point, (Horse #6) we were about to start increases our divisor, as we had had a losing run of 6. This must be continued again, so if our next horse loses, we increase the divisor.
Horse #13NP6£12.972.16£90.87
Horse #14WON @ 5/27£15.13£2.16£96.27
Horse #14WON @ 5/26£9.73£1.22£99.31
And at this point, the target drops from £9.73 to £6.69, so we are back at the start. Advantages
  • This plan PROTECTS the bank, it can stand 48 losses before breaking it.
  • Increasing the divisor after 6 bets, further increases the safety of the bank.
Disadvantages
  • This plan is solely aimed at protecting your bank, and as such does very little to increase it.
  • Your bet so small even when you are betting your maximum you will fail to win very much.
  • Because the plan does not look at the current odds for the horse, the stake does not reflect the target, eg. if your target is 3/1 and you are betting on a 2/1, you know even before the horse runs, that you will not recoup your target.
  • When you do win, you have to work out not only what the new divisor is by looking back, but you must also remember, how many losing runs the current bet was on, and use that also.

Summary

• Number of losing bets to halve the initial Betting Bank : 25
  • Number of losing bets to break the initial Betting Bank : 48
  • The Retirement Plan is a VERY LOW RISK Staking Plan

with regards to price and SP do you use a normal bookie or say an exchange like betfair?
I have used both in the past At present I am using Paddy Power they are giving the guarantee that if you take the price say Evens and the horse drifts out to 3/1 they will pay out on the higher price. Its purely personal choice though I aren't sure which is best. swaps ?? :) yes well the pictures we have received from over there look just the job...... white sand, blue sea, bikini clad lady's hmmmm no contest really is there Snow, Ice, No public transport, No jobs and Gordon Brown :( we are knackered mate you wouldn't want to swap have a Good weekend ralphie

Re: Quick System 50 posts needed to be able to PM by the way. ralphie, finally getting a baby for Blue to play with, meant to tell you last week. Picking her up at the end of the month, Siberian Husky, called her Sky. 6 weeks old at the minute. Took Blue to Rutland Water to have a run round in the snow, the pratt jumped straight into the freezing lake!!! I'll send you a photo of the pup. All the best mate!

Re: Quick System Billy

50 posts needed to be able to PM by the way.
thanks mate :ok i knew i was near :lol
finally getting a baby for Blue to play with, meant to tell you last week. Picking her up at the end of the month, Siberian Husky, called her Sky. 6 weeks old at the minute.
nice one :) thats great news mate i bet you can't wait ;)
Took Blue to Rutland Water to have a run round in the snow, the pratt jumped straight into the freezing lake!!!
:lol Toby my first Lab used to dive into rivers. if he saw water he just had to be in it. couldn't get him out once. the banks were too steep seriously thought I was going to have to go in after him. I would have luved to have seen your face quality :)