** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Soviet Song

Re: Soviet Song :lol :lol :lol Spencer a poor jockey....what the fcuk are you going on about? Did you lose a bit on Soviet Song??:unsure Can't think of any other reason why you'd say that about Spencer.... ....I take it you ride horses regularly and could have done better?????

Re: Soviet Song

:lol :lol :lol ....I take it you ride horses regularly and could have done better?????
yeah, those stools in the betting shop!! some races are run to suit some horses & that race was simply wrong for Soviet Song. Asked to pick up in the final 1.5F, the horse couldnt do it.

some races are run to suit some horses & that race was simply wrong for Soviet Song. Asked to pick up in the final 1.5F' date=' the horse couldnt do it.[/quote'] Absolutely agree but surely with a horse of that calibre if you see the race isn't going as you'd like it you do something, or at least try to do something, to stop it turning into a 3f dash which a 50-1 shot can take Don't wish to offend just entitled to an opinion like everyone else without resorting to bad language and insults :ok P.S no didn't have a bean on it ....just a racing fan who thought a decent horse deserved a better chance

Re: Soviet Song Soviet song is like Blackburn Rovers in my eyes. Sometimes it turns up to batter everything then it turns up again and does nothing, dont get me wrong I like the horse but sometimes I have found horses that I fancy just that little bit more but you can never write off SS but also Id never put my house on it. If it matters to anyone I had NANNIA in that race at the end of the day Spencer can only ride whats underneath him

Re: Soviet Song How anyone can say Spencer is a sh!te jockey is beyond me... I love backing his horses, as I know he will bloody well give it his all. I have watched todays race a number of times now. IMO Soviet Song just wasn't up to it, for a moment it looked about to take off... then nothing came of the challenge. You simply cannot say JS didn't try on it. By the way, I met Jamie Spencer at Sandown on Saturday just after he had ridden David Jnr. He had time enough to stop, have a quick chat with me and sign an autograph... Top bloke.

Spencer is shite and overrated. Why they put Murtagh off it for that plank I will never know.
What the fcuk do you know about race riding...... fcuk all by sounds of it :$ ..... How can you have last year's Champion Jockey quoted as shite and overrated :@ he won Championship on merit...... Things happen in races that the general public don't understand i.e. pace, was the horse 100%, can't tell you if it doesn't feel 100%;)

Re: Soviet Song Well, I've had a little Spencer system in trial last month (This month is a no system month) so I thought to add my 2 penneth to the discussion... I don't agree that Spencer is a bad Jockey, but I wouldn't agree with him being the best either. I noted that during the first half of June and last half of May he was doing very well, but during May into June he has been getting progressively more challanged and while still riding winners they have become far less frequent. This does seem to happen each year however, with July being one of his less well performing months (From limited research I deduced that April, May, June, August, September are the better months that produce the more predictable results). Personally, I wasn't impressed with the way he's been 'dropping off' lately, but I hold my judgement until August, to see if he again picks up as I might be lead to believe. I take note of what alexmac says that Soviet Song was not up for it, which seems a better reason for this failure than the jockey, we all know Spencer COULD produce a great ride... I also believe that there are other jockeys that produce more regular results, one wonders if it has to do with the stable these jockeys are attached too... In conclusion, I'd suggest staying off the exicution until August to see if 'the old boy' picks up again... Disclaimer: All opinion is IMHO, I don't profess to knowing everything about racing, this is just what I have noticed from recent trends having had cause to track Spencers performance... Edit:Ohhh, seem to have gone on a bit, sorry for rant!!

Re: Soviet Song Cheers Carl... I may well post my Spencer system here come August, just as point of interest (It will also be the first system I've ever posted)... Anyone got any ideas for a good title for the system?? perhaps "Ohhh Betty..." or maybe "When Spencer Isn't Riding Betty"