England vs Pakistan Test Series

Re: England vs Pakistan Test Series

Once I was relying on Geraint Jones I was always going to be in trouble. He is utter shite. If he goes to Australia they may as well just give them the urn and be done with it.
Rumour has it he has influence in the changing room on players for selection which is a possible explanation for Chris Read's continual absence! Yes, he failed again today and I don't know how long they can go far without giving Read another go. I'd play him in test's 3 & 4 to see how he gets on. He'll go to Oz for sure but so should Read and if Read gets a chance to prove himself and does well he should be number 1.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumour has it he has influence in the changing room on players for selection which is a possible explanation for Chris Read's continual absence! Yes, he failed again today and I don't know how long they can go far without giving Read another go. I'd play him in test's 3 & 4 to see how he gets on. He'll go to Oz for sure but so should Read and if Read gets a chance to prove himself and does well he should be number 1.
Aye but as you know, in this country the media seem to dictate a lot of the time. Once they get on Jones' back he'll be a goner. I'll start the campaign on Monday ;) . The fact is when Read was dropped (after guiding England to a 1day International victory with Trescothick in the WI with the bat) Fletcher said we are choosing Jones for his batting ability and his runs. So far this summer in Test matches Jones has made 86 runs in 8 innings. Read nearly doubled that in his 1 innings for England A against a more potent Pakistan attack than what Jones is facing. Fletcher's argument no longer stands up so Read has to come in sooner or later.

Well done on your bets today kev. :ok unfortunately i didn't check into the site until now so missed out on following you in! will check back more regularly in future.
Cheers Mearl. Cricket's pretty much action for 365 days of the year now mate so there's usually something going on. I tend to post up stuff overnight as I like to be as sure as I can about bets and tend to read as much info as I can and digest it all before tipping. Hope you can get on this one. Probably the last bet for this test and in a way it covers the Pakistan win bet. 10pts Pakistan 2nd Inns Runs Under 365 5/6 Bet365 It's a very rare scenario that over 350 are made in 2nd innings of cricket matches and even more so when in the 1st innings a side has made only 118. When you add into the equation the fact that 2 Pakistani batsmen injured themselves in the field it starts to look an even safer bet. In order to get 365 you would imagine Inzi, Younis and Yousuf will all have to score big runs because nobody else has really contributed in the series so far. To ask them to score so many could be asking too much. With a lead of 350 from the 1st innings England will be setting attacking fields and going in the hunt for wickets which makes getting 365 all the more unlikely for Pakistan.

Re: England vs Pakistan Test Series Below is the hr by hr forecast and its not looking good for manchester from what it shows there maybe more interruptions....

Saturday, 29 JulTemp ° Cblank.gifFeels Like blank.gifDew Point blank.gifPrecip. blank.gifHumid. blank.gifWind
blank.gif16:0026.gifCloudy24°blank.gif24°blank.gif13°blank.gif30%blank.gif50%blank.gifFrom the South at 13 mph
blank.gif
blank.gif17:0011.gifLight Rain23°blank.gif23°blank.gif14°blank.gif60%blank.gif57%blank.gifFrom the South at 13 mph
blank.gif
blank.gif18:0011.gifLight Rain22°blank.gif22°blank.gif14°blank.gif60%blank.gif63%blank.gifFrom the South at 13 mph
blank.gif
blank.gif19:0011.gifLight Rain21°blank.gif21°blank.gif15°blank.gif60%blank.gif70%blank.gifFrom the South at 12 mph
blank.gif
blank.gif20:0011.gifLight Rain20°blank.gif20°blank.gif16°blank.gif70%blank.gif75%blank.gifFrom the South at 12 mph
blank.gif
blank.gif21:0011.gifLight Rain19°blank.gif19°blank.gif16°blank.gif70%blank.gif78%blank.gifFrom the South at 11 mph
blank.gif
blank.gif22:0011.gifLight Rain19°blank.gif19°blank.gif16°blank.gif80%blank.gif81%blank.gifFrom the South at 11 mph
blank.gif
blank.gif23:0011.gifLight Rain19°blank.gif19°blank.gif16°blank.gif80%blank.gif84%blank.gifFrom the South at 11 mph

Below is the hr by hr forecast and its not looking good for manchester from what it shows there maybe more interruptions....
Saturday, 29 JulTemp ° Cblank.gifFeels Like blank.gifDew Point blank.gifPrecip. blank.gifHumid. blank.gifWind
blank.gif16:0026.gifCloudy24°blank.gif24°blank.gif13°blank.gif30%blank.gif50%blank.gifFrom the South at 13 mph
blank.gif
blank.gif17:0011.gifLight Rain23°blank.gif23°blank.gif14°blank.gif60%blank.gif57%blank.gifFrom the South at 13 mph
blank.gif
blank.gif18:0011.gifLight Rain22°blank.gif22°blank.gif14°blank.gif60%blank.gif63%blank.gifFrom the South at 13 mph
blank.gif
blank.gif19:0011.gifLight Rain21°blank.gif21°blank.gif15°blank.gif60%blank.gif70%blank.gifFrom the South at 12 mph
blank.gif
blank.gif20:0011.gifLight Rain20°blank.gif20°blank.gif16°blank.gif70%blank.gif75%blank.gifFrom the South at 12 mph
blank.gif
blank.gif21:0011.gifLight Rain19°blank.gif19°blank.gif16°blank.gif70%blank.gif78%blank.gifFrom the South at 11 mph
blank.gif
blank.gif22:0011.gifLight Rain19°blank.gif19°blank.gif16°blank.gif80%blank.gif81%blank.gifFrom the South at 11 mph
blank.gif
blank.gif23:0011.gifLight Rain19°blank.gif19°blank.gif16°blank.gif80%blank.gif84%blank.gifFrom the South at 11 mph
I wouldn't worry mate. There's 2 days left after this one. Pakistan are now 6 down without a hope of making 365 and it's just a case of when and not if England win now.

Re: England vs Pakistan Test Series yep, Harmison smells wickets at the moment.....gr8 set of tips Kev, during the whole of the match :clap...the sportsmans resident cricket tipster has had a nightmare....these newspaper/magazine guys should have you working for them....

:cheers kev' date=' covered the pakistan win bet with that :ok...just need pakistan to win the next two test matches ;)[/quote'] Nice one mate. :ok Cheers for the kind words Majid :ok Hope you both made some money out of this test match :cow

Re: England vs Pakistan Test Series Woo Hoo! Finally Fletcher sees sense! No more Geraint Jones :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana In the words of Bananarama, na na na na, na na na na ey ey ey goodbye!!! (and don't come back!!;) ) :hope

Re: England vs Pakistan Test Series Match 3 begins at 11.00 on Friday. Team news is Read replaces Jones as wicket keeper for England and it's highly likely Lewis will replace Mahmood too. Pakistan will open with Salman Butt and Taufeeq Umar with Shahid Nazir coming into the bowling attack at the expense of Shahid Afridi. Match odds

England2.252.22.252.372.22.252.42.12.252.372.252.372.22.12.372.22.552.542.5
Draw2.42.372.252.42.252.372.252.372.252.22.372.42.372.42.252.372.462.462.25
Pakistan4.54.54.54.334.544.64.334.54.54.334.334.54.54.54.24.84.84.55
Weather
Thursday 3 AugustFriday 4 AugustSaturday 5 AugustSunday 6 AugustMonday 7 August
DayNightspacer.gifDayNightspacer.gifDayNightspacer.gifDayNightspacer.gifDayNight
w1x15.gifw2x15.gifw3x15.gifw2x15.gifw3x15.gifw2x15.gifw12x15.gifw12x15.gifw3x15.gifw0x15.gif
5n.gif0n.gif5w.gif0w.gif5w.gif5w.gif20w.gif5nw.gif10n.gif5n.gif
Max tempMin tempMax tempMin tempMax tempMin tempMax tempMin tempMax tempMin temp
22°C12°C22°C14°C26°C16°C23°C12°C20°C10°
10pts Lay 3rd Test Draw 2.50 Betfair Only 2 of the last 13 tests at Headingley have ended in a draw and with very little rain forecast for the 5 days here I can't see this one being a draw either. Pakistan are adding an extra seam bowler to their side to give them more zip in their bowling and England ran through the Pakistan batting lineup at will in the last test. Headingley traditionally helps the quick bowlers and test matches here tend to be low scoring so with all of that plugged into the computer it churns out a win for someone so I'll lay the draw. Once again many side markets to explore and I will return with any findings :ok

Re: England vs Pakistan Test Series Ok, I've explored the side markets and come up with this lot. 10pts C.Read's Performance Pts 86&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch, 25pts per stumping. Chris Read finally gets his chance in the side again. He'll be under pressure to perform in this match but that may help us here. A classy wicket-keeper, he's sure to catch most things that come at him and his batting has improved remarkably. In a test match you'd expect him to get at least 4 catches so we need 46 runs from him to cover the bet. That shouldn't be a problem against a pretty toothless Pakistan attack. 10pts K.Akmal's Performance Pts 100&Over 5/6 Bet365 Pts are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch, 25pts per stumping. Kamran Akmal will be returning to bat at number 7 in this match which should mean he'll make a few more runs than he managed at Old Trafford. Pakistan are playing an extra seamer here so a few more catches may well come his way and in a side where the batsmen now must perform I'm sure we'll get a few from the young wicket-keeper to enable him to pass this target. 10pts England Highest Opening Partnership 1.71 Betfair Pakistan will go into this match with their 3rd different opening partnership in as many matches. This time the mantle falls with Salman Butt and Taufeeq Umar. So far in the series Pakistan's 1st wicket has fallen at 28, 4, 0 and 21. Even with an out of form Trescothick, England have had no trouble passing that and without a solid combination at the top of the innings you can't see Pakistan building on that total really so England simply must be the call here. 10pts I.Bell to beat P.Collingwood 1.95 Expekt This bet is a 1st inns bet only. The 2 players competing for the last batting spot for the 1st test in Australia are matched up against each other by Expekt. Personally I think Ian Bell is the better batsman and he's certainly been the better batsman in this series. His 2 centuries have been made with relative ease and comfort whereas Collingwood has fought much harder for his runs. He did make a great century at Lords but nothing since that innings. Bell clearly likes batting against this Pakistani attack and I'm happy to take him in a match bet with Collingwood at such attractive odds.

10pts I.Bell to beat P.Collingwood 1.95 Expekt This bet is a 1st inns bet only. The 2 players competing for the last batting spot for the 1st test in Australia are matched up against each other by Expekt. Personally I think Ian Bell is the better batsman and he's certainly been the better batsman in this series. His 2 centuries have been made with relative ease and comfort whereas Collingwood has fought much harder for his runs. He did make a great century at Lords but nothing since that innings. Bell clearly likes batting against this Pakistani attack and I'm happy to take him in a match bet with Collingwood at such attractive odds.
Bell beats Collingwood :clap :clap

Re: England vs Pakistan Test Series Think I'm getting round to the point that I've over-estimated Pakistan this series.....bar the 2nd hour today they just looked downright poor to me. 3 edges went against them but they dont appear to have the heart which isnt something I thought they lacked. If Bell & KP get going in the morning & England reach 500+ then I think a result will happen. -450 might be different