Saturdays Selections

With the going soft nearly everywhere today, I've been looking for a bit of value with the bigger priced horses proven on soft ground. This is what I've come up with: WOKOVA 3.20 Newbury (20/1 Ladbrokes) 5pts EW Last run on soft ground resulted in a win over 9f at Leopardstown in a Listed race. All runs since on fast ground but good run 2 weeks ago on G/F ground when 3rd at 20/1. Stayed on very well that day and step up to 10f should suit. BUKIT FRASER 2.25 Nottingham (16/1 Corals) 5pts EW No form to speak of really but with an odds-on favourite in the race, a value bet for me. Interesting that Paul Cole only has 1 runner at the meeting and Eddie Ahern takes the ride. Rapidly dropping down the handicap. A risky bet but I really think it will make the frame although the favourite will be difficult to pass. LOADERFUN 5.20 Thirsk (33/1 Bet365) 3pts EW Nothing to show for 2 poor efforts this season but fit, very well drawn, back on favoured going, back to optimum trip of 6f, dropped another 4lbs makes this horse at 33/1 vastly overpriced. and now for a short priced selection..... CROSSPEACE 2.10 Newbury (2/1 Sporting Odds) 15pts Win Will love the ground and appreciate the trip. In form and race fit, makes Crosspeace the one to beat. Main rival Distinction not raced for 200 days and that's enough for me to oppose, especially on this ground. Again, Mark Johnston only takes 1 horse to the meeting.

Re: Saturdays Selections Best of luck with those Russ! Just one i really fancy today so will stick it in here; Mister Mustard in the 430 at Bangor Doesnt mind the ground, has ran well on soft and firm, also ran well at the track twice and was running a graet race last time here when falling, wouldve been placed and this is not that good a race to be honest. Hutchinson rides who has been on board last few times and looks the type to strike soon. 8/1 at Ladbrokes seems a great value bet to me. 2.34 on betfair for a place but not much volume, also a fair price. BH