After reading the R/Post my EW BETS

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS

Sunday 4th June Cathys Cross 2.00s Although just a beginners chase looks to have the going and a step back up in distance today to give it a live EW chance. Lambrini Bianco 2.30s A very consistant handicap horse who has proven form on the going. A CD winner and has a weight advantage today against the 2 horses in the race that have beaten her. At around the 6/1 mark must have evey chance today. Accepting 4.00s This is 1 of Mrs S J Smiths who ran 2nd at Cartmell on Monday and although a more competitive race today, the going will be no problem and at least its a distance winner and as an EW chance today providing the 10lbs claimer can perform. Albarino 3.10h This one could be the dark horse of the race if it can get the extra distance. Well backed on its chase debut but pulled hard.If as the Post surgest the SP of about 8/1 must have every chance of a place at least.
Managed another winner today at 9/2 sp but 5/1 available before the off. To be honest I prefer the flat at this time of year but the Brighton card today looked poor so decided to put up the Jumps after buying the R-POST today. Thanks FF for the encouragement as it shows some interest in what you are trying to do. Also I can assure people who look at this thread that I spend some time trying to find some decent priced horses for this thread and are not just pie in the sky picks. Picking winners or even placed horses in Handicaps on a regular basis is no easy task but I do try to pick horses in my mind that have a fair chance of winning. The trouble with a lot of the big money handicaps is the same horses tend to contest these races and each have their turn in winning and catching them when all the right things for that horse come together. The going also can be the problem when theirs a servere overnight change in the going, this can be a good opertunity to find some large priced winners. All the horses selected for this thread are always backed by me and I hope their may be some decent returns during the summer months, I also hope to put up a few post in the week as well but this will mainly be at the major midweek meetings. THE % MAN

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Wenesday 7th June Dundry 4.10N On a reasonable mark today and ran third LTO on good going. A distance winner on soft and if it can handle the going today it should have every chance. Minefield 7.40R Won over 5 and 7f so see no probs with 6f tonight and on ground that should suit. The booking of Spencer for the ride must also be a plus but 243 days since last run and outside draw are a concern. If fit though must have a good EW chance. Love Always 4.20L This is the most speclative one today and at first glance looks a poor bet. Last year its first race of the season was a poor result and the same this year when 100/1 and ran badly. On its secound run last year their was a marked inprovement and on 4lbs lower mark than its last run today may just cause a surprise at good odds.

Wenesday 7th June Dundry 4.10N On a reasonable mark today and ran third LTO on good going. A distance winner on soft and if it can handle the going today it should have every chance. Minefield 7.40R Won over 5 and 7f so see no probs with 6f tonight and on ground that should suit. The booking of Spencer for the ride must also be a plus but 243 days since last run and outside draw are a concern. If fit though must have a good EW chance. Love Always 4.20L This is the most speclative one today and at first glance looks a poor bet. Last year its first race of the season was a poor result and the same this year when 100/1 and ran badly. On its secound run last year their was a marked inprovement and on 4lbs lower mark than its last run today may just cause a surprise at good odds.
Sorry Minefield should read MILLFIELD

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Thursday 8th June RYEDALE OVATION 3.50 HAY Been running some good races of late and beaten Fav LTO but must have a fair chance if retaining form at fair odds. HICCUPS 3.20H AND LUCAYAN DANCER 4.50H Both these are D Nichols horses and both have a squeak today Hiccups back in cheak pieces [won three times wearing them]and on ground that suits and a distance winner. Lucayan Dancer is also back on ground that suits won on it at this time of year in 05,a distance winner and on a realistic mark and think both selections have a good EW chance today. sorry for late post.

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Friday 9th June Knot In Wood 3.50C Although fav at about 9/2 must have every chance today, distance, going and ran 4th on Heavy LTO seem to make him the horse to beat. Lindens Lady 5.20C Should be knocking at the door today on a realistic mark today and a CD winner and the ground will suit and at about 4/1 an EW bet that should win. Doric 8.25G The outsider of the field that as not performed this season but on 1lb lower mark than when last being placed. A distance winner and if the 25/1 quoted [R/POST] looks very good odds for an outside chance. Red Forest 7.05H Looks like it's been given a fair chance by the handicapper although not been performing on th AW. On a mark lower than its last 2 place runs on the turf and a distance winner who likes the going.

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Sat 10th June Dorothy's Friend 2.40H This is an interesting one as its not raced for 2 years but did have a fantastic s/rate back then. In my mind must still be something to bring him back and is only 2lbs higher than its last win in a handicap. The trainer also has a very good s/rate in June at this course and if he's got him fit, the going will be no prob and is also a distance winner. Along The Nile H 4.25 A bad draw again today as last time but managed to run Second and must still have every chance as that was the first run of the season. A CD winner with the going in is favour with Spencer on his back again and would expect at least a place. Fantasy Believer 2.20G Now the ground is back to something we expect at this time of year. This horse thrives on this going and after a running on 6th LTO,a distance winner who likes the course should finnish in first 3. Bold Marc 3.10M Not won for 2 yrs but on a realistic mark today on ground its won on as well as being a CD winner. Also the trainers horses have been performing well of late and every chance of place today or even a win. Zarzu 3.45M Might just be the dark horse of the race who ran 2nd last week,it's first on turf this season from a moderate draw. Won a consolation race on this card 12 months ago. The going should be no prob and a CD winner of bottom weight must give it a good EW chance at good odds. Dispol Kate 6.00M This horse as been tumbling down the weights and is the outsider of the field today[r/post]. From a stable whos horses are runninig well may have a sqeek today and at least its a distance winner on a 3lb lower mark than its last handicap win. Also won on Firm and g-firm in the past and maybe todays going may bring it back to winning ways. These will be included in my own bets today.

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Monday 12th June Fabrian 8.35P A 4 times winner last summer whos not been doing as well this season. A CD winner and on a realistic mark tonight and at 16/1[r/post] as a EW CHANCE. Cantrip 3.45F This looks a very poor handicap and although this horse performed badly LTO at Brighton it's a CD winner and is worth an EW bet today. The trainer also seems to be coming back to form. Very poor racing today as you would expect for a Monday and the 2 metioned are the only ones for me today. -4pts today Sorry for multi threads comp on blink

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Wend 14th June Augustine 3.10B Very consistant horse ran 3rd, 2nd, 3rd of this mark and a CD winner and if 5/1[r/post] must be a bet with every chance and even if placed your money back. Jordans Elect 8.15H Looks like a tight little handicap and although ran 6th LTO was only 2 lengths away. Squeezed up 2f from home may just have taken is chances away that day. A CD winner and no probs with the going today should give it a good EW chance. Kattipour 9.05K Keep coming back to this 1 and at 14/1[r/post] as a slight chance. Very negative comments in the post but as ran well fresh before and its 3 months rest may bring back a new lease of life. A distance winner whos trainer as come back in form of late. This may be a rubbish assumption by me but just one of those gut feelings.

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Sat 17th June Granston 2.35Y Could be in with a fair EW chance today who's been running well at a mile this season and back on a mark that gives him every chance. The firm going LTO may not have suited and back on ground most of his wins have come on. Knot In Wood 4.50y One I picked last week who ran third and the handicapper still giving it every chance with going conditions ok and a distance winner who as every chance today. Glasshoughton 4.00S The drop back to 5f may be what this horse needs.Ran poorly on Heavy LTO but 6f race before that creditable effort but started to fade over last furlong. If performing at 5f today must have good EW prospects. Jalamid 2.20S Not the easiest to way up but on a 1lb lower mark than its last win in a handicap. CD winner who's done its winning on this going and at 7/1[r/post] and if Gosden as got him right today will take all the beating. Silverhay8.15Liec Every chance of being in the frame again tonight, a reliable horse and a distance winner who was BF LTO. Only ran 3 days ago so maybe trainer thinks the horse is in peak condition to take its chance. Almowj 7.35Ling Looks to be coming back to form and if ridden handly from a good draw to night must have a good chance as any in this race. All the above horses are included in my own bets

Sat 17th June Granston 2.35Y :cry 11/1 2nd caught on the line Could be in with a fair EW chance today who's been running well at a mile this season and back on a mark that gives him every chance. The firm going LTO may not have suited and back on ground most of his wins have come on. Knot In Wood 4.50y :cry 7/1 3rd One I picked last week who ran third and the handicapper still giving it every chance with going conditions ok and a distance winner who as every chance today. Glasshoughton 4.00S :clap 8/1 winner stormed home The drop back to 5f may be what this horse needs.Ran poorly on Heavy LTO but 6f race before that creditable effort but started to fade over last furlong. If performing at 5f today must have good EW prospects. Jalamid 2.20S :( still running Not the easiest to way up but on a 1lb lower mark than its last win in a handicap. CD winner who's done its winning on this going and at 7/1[r/post] and if Gosden as got him right today will take all the beating. Silverhay8.15Liec:cry 3rd 9/2 Every chance of being in the frame again tonight, a reliable horse and a distance winner who was BF LTO. Only ran 3 days ago so maybe trainer thinks the horse is in peak condition to take its chance. Almowj 7.35Ling :( lost Looks to be coming back to form and if ridden handly from a good draw to night must have a good chance as any in this race. All the above horses are included in my own bets
If I could get another win or place tonight that would make my day.I had the 1st 4 in an EW LUCKY 15 got the other 2 in a seperate bet tonight. Managed another place horse so not a bad day and shown a profit and thats what counts.

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Sat results :clap 8/1 winner:clap :notworthy placed horses 11/1 7/1 and 9/2 :ok Not a bad day and the 11/1 shot got caught on the line but a profitable day 12pts staked return 20.62pt +8.62pts Total bets todate 55. stake 110pts p/l -11.38pts Their will be some up later today

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Sunday 18th June Foodbroker Founder 3.10St On a realistic mark today and although 6months since LTO over jumps but ran 15 days ago on the flat to blow the cobwebs away. A distance winner and must have every chance of a place at least today. King Harson 3.20Y A specletive selection even though its 2nd fav in the post today with Dettori on board. Won on this going in the past but only tends to win 1 race a year but as been droping in the weights so this may be is chance. Auguistine 2.00S Must be one of the most consistant horses around and although 4/1 Fav [r/post] still worth an EW bet today. Meikle Barfil 3.00S No reasoning whatsoever for this selection but droped another 4lbs today and one of Bradleys and at 33/1 [r/post] a very outsiders chance Call Me George 4.30S 4runners no bet Providing 5 run this is a bet to nothing today and may just win. The only horse in the race thats a distance winner and at 4/1 [r/post] a fair EW bet .

Sunday 18th June Foodbroker Founder 3.10St :D W7/1 On a realistic mark today and although 6months since LTO over jumps but ran 15 days ago on the flat to blow the cobwebs away. A distance winner and must have every chance of a place at least today. King Harson 3.20Y lost but will win 1 this year A specletive selection even though its 2nd fav in the post today with Dettori on board. Won on this going in the past but only tends to win 1 race a year but as been droping in the weights so this may be is chance. Auguistine 2.00S first time not placed Must be one of the most consistant horses around and although 4/1 Fav [r/post] still worth an EW bet today. Meikle Barfil 3.00S must have been dreaming No reasoning whatsoever for this selection but droped another 4lbs today and one of Bradleys and at 33/1 [r/post] a very outsiders chance Call Me George 4.30S 4runners no bet Providing 5 run this is a bet to nothing today and may just win. The only horse in the race thats a distance winner and at 4/1 [r/post] a fair EW bet .
Only 4 qualified today as their were only 4 runners in last race. stake 8pts return 10.4pts +2.4PTS

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Monday 19th June Tedsdale Mac 3.15C Should have relised girl on board A CD winner and also a course winner at 6f who ran 4th 3days ago at York his first run this season. Won its second race last year and for me must have a good chance of a place at least. Musicmaestrplease 2nd 7/2 If 8 run must have every chance of a place,the only one thats won on firm going but at 7f. The post says 2 bad runs at a mile but only 2 and a half lenghths 4th LTO [9 days ago]at that distance. Iberian Light 9.05W All its best races on the TURF and consistant as well. Definetlly 1 coming to form and should go close tonoight. Selective 8.15W A consistant sort whos not won for 3 years but a distance winner back on a realistic mark with a 1st time visor that could just give it every chance. Welsh Dane 4.00H A horse that has finnished third on its last 3 runs at this venue and at 12/1[r/post] must have every chance of doing the same today. A very consistant placed horse so worth an EW bet. These will be included in my bets today.

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Tuseday 20th JUNE DOUBLE OBSESSION4.55A This could well be the dark horse of the race who won it in 2004 .May not be as good as then but the only horse in the race to be a CD winner. If Nicholls as managed to rekindle is spirit at 16/1[r/post]a fair EW chance. Sorry for very late post.

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Turs 22nd June Desert Gold 5.30A Everything seems to be going for this horse today and when Martin sends over one of his raiders they are worth an EW bet. Also would have a sver on Jedburgh who won this last year. Smart Enogh 4.25A A lightly raced horse whos first stab in an handicap and was progresive in 1mile maidens and may Cause an upset. Flying Tackle 8.20B Looks to be in with a good chance tonight, a CD winner who loves the going and only concern is the draw but as been placed hear in the past from a low draw so should run its race. Romany Dream 7.40S To me an outsider of the field who loves the going and a distance winner whos been quite consistant and its last race the only concern but if bounces back an outsiders chance. Grave Doubts 8.10S Another big priced horse whos slipping down the weights and ran not to bad a race LTO after a 6 months break. The going will be no problem and the major downside being its age and the distance so would give this only a slight chance.

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS 2 PLACED 16/1 AND 10/1 YESTERDAY 10pts staked return 8pts p/l - 2pts Friday 23rd June Lygeton Lad 6.00N A very low turf mark who won this in 2002 and may cause a surprise. Been running mostly on the AW AT A MUCH HIGHER MARK and as an EW chance Namroc 8.05N Loves the ground and back on a mark it ran 2nd on. Up in distance though and the stable can't make up its mind at what distance to run it at. Or may be they know but trying to get its handicap mark down to make a killing when the times right. At around 10/1 [r/post]worth an EW bet. Numeric 5.30A I keep comming back to this one who was 4th to Pearly King LTO and 7lbs better of today for a 4 Length beating. The up in distance and the faster going may be the making of this horse and trained by Gosden who as won this race twice before. Good EW chance today. Strong Approach 4.10A My specletive bet of the day,outsider of the field but down to a mark that gives it a chance of a place at 14/1 [r/post] Bad day at bad rock yesterday -8pts