** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

After reading the R/Post my EW BETS

Every weekend I get the racing post and after taking a good look at the handicaps will post selections that I think have an EW chance and my reasons for doing so. These will be 1pt ew bets at all times and if you wish to follow them that is up to you. Campeon 1.55Nott Back on a mark it last won on Turf and loves the going and is a distance winner. EFISTORM 4.15T Been running on th AW of late and on the turf LTO and as had a claimer on its back the last 3 runs. Today D.Holland takes the ride and as won on g-soft and heavy so give this a good chance today. RAYMONDS PRIDE 5.20T This one a little more risky and done most of its winning on soft and heavy with 1 win on g-soft. I do like the trainer though and it as won over the distance. If their as been heavy rain overnight and changed the going this would improve its chances. MUSTAJED 3.55N non runner Another interesting one that is a CD winner and ran 3rd LTO. Was riden by a claimer on that occassion and recived a 2 day ban for careless riding.Done all its winning on good and g-firm so maybe a touch on the slow side today but always seems to run consistant in handicaps.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS

Every weekend I get the racing post and after taking a good look at the handicaps will post selections that I think have an EW chance and my reasons for doing so. These will be 1pt ew bets at all times and if you wish to follow them that is up to you. Campeon 1.55Nott Back on a mark it last won on Turf and loves the going and is a distance winner. EFISTORM 4.15T Been running on th AW of late and on the turf LTO and as had a claimer on its back the last 3 runs. Today D.Holland takes the ride and as won on g-soft and heavy so give this a good chance today. RAYMONDS PRIDE 5.20T This one a little more risky and done most of its winning on soft and heavy with 1 win on g-soft. I do like the trainer though and it as won over the distance. If their as been heavy rain overnight and changed the going this would improve its chances. MUSTAJED 3.55N non runner Another interesting one that is a CD winner and ran 3rd LTO. Was riden by a claimer on that occassion and recived a 2 day ban for careless riding.Done all its winning on good and g-firm so maybe a touch on the slow side today but always seems to run consistant in handicaps.
After being informed of the non runner taken another look. DEIRA 4.25N Bottom weight who seems to be improving with every run and ran 2nd at Bev on turf and won LTO on AW. The conditions should be ok today and is a distance winner and as an EW chance.

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Sundays 21st May Augustine 3.10R Been running well of late won on g-soft. Last time third at Ponti on good going when fav and back today on prefered ground and must have a fair chance as its never been out of 1st 3 in last 5 runs. Qualify 4.45R This could be a race worth taking on the Fav [bollin Derek] as wins have come on g-firm and good. Qualify won its last race of last season on heavy at 1mile. Although racing at 1m 4f today, but if the ground deterates further and becomes a hard slog this could help. Horse is bread from a 1m 4f winner and maybe this is the distance its been waiting for.

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS EXTREMELY RARE AND DIGITAL 3.00 Both these have an EW chance today as they have both won on soft. Extremely Rare is top weight so that might lessen its chances so I,m sticking my neck out with DIGITAL stable companion to the likely fav Linda Green, was 4.5 lengths 7th LTO and with the going being soft might spring a surprise at decent odds. LOCKSTOCK 5.00B Although having run down the field to Indian Edge LTO and now 6lbs better off it could sneak a place today and is a CD winner and has won in MAY at this course for the last 2 seasons.

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS nice one %man, linda green let me down but stayed to the rail which cost the race. I also am on Lockstock in the last, hoping it can reproduce the 1 good run it does every year, it seems to be here & in May so hope the Omens are there:hope

EXTREMELY RARE AND DIGITAL 3.00 Both these have an EW chance today as they have both won on soft. Extremely Rare is top weight so that might lessen its chances so I,m sticking my neck out with DIGITAL stable companion to the likely fav Linda Green, was 4.5 lengths 7th LTO and with the going being soft might spring a surprise at decent odds. LOCKSTOCK 5.00B Although having run down the field to Indian Edge LTO and now 6lbs better off it could sneak a place today and is a CD winner and has won in MAY at this course for the last 2 seasons.
One I've been looking at all day for tonights meeting at Musselburgh and seeing DIGITAL as gone in it 12/1 decided to put it up. EASIBET DOT NET 8.30M If the going is no worse than good this horse is back on a mark of 70 and as had a win and a place on that mark. Both its wins on the turf have been on g-firm and is a distance winner and looks to have a fair chance of a place at least.

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Sorry for previous post but not so good today so taken day off and her in doors as got the racing post for me. OCEAN OF DREAMS 2.40 G This is a very speclatiff selection and has not won since 2004 but did run 4th at 50/1 lto. Has won on the soft many moons ago, but as won on the soft at 1m 7f and in no way expecting it to win could just pinch a place at very big odds. CORKY 3.15 G Now this one could spring a surprise, a CD winner who was 5.5 lengths 8th lto at a mile. Now back at 7f which its won twice at and loves the going gives it every chance. SPANISH ACE 5.30G If Bradley as put a new lease of life into the horse must have a good EW chance even though not peformed well hear. Has won and been placed on g-soft so ground should be no problemsand a distance winner.

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Feeling crap again so her indoors as just got the RP for me and just been taking a look for today. SWEET INDULGANCE 3.30N This horse as inproved since running at the distance and capable of going well fresh and worth an EW interest. CHAMPION SANDS 6.35P Never won on grass but as performed well and with D Holland on board may make all the differance.

Feeling crap again so her indoors as just got the RP for me and just been taking a look for today. SWEET INDULGANCE 3.30N This horse as inproved since running at the distance and capable of going well fresh and worth an EW interest. CHAMPION SANDS 6.35P Never won on grass but as performed well and with D Holland on board may make all the differance.
BAILEYS ENCORE 8.05P To be honest not a lover at looking at handicps were horses have little or no handicap form but this one of Johnstons may just spring a surprise as it ran is some big races as a juvanile last term and the going should be no problem.Also trainer has a good s/rate at the couse with is older horses.

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Saturdays selections Paper Talk 2.20A If the going stays good on the straight course will give the selection a reasonable EW chance. Ran very consistantly last year and is a distance winner. The downside is it first run of the season was a poor performance.but if that run as blown the cobwebs away must have a fair chance of a place today. Trafalgar Bay 3.25A This should have a good chance today with conditions to suit and a distance runner and ran 3rd last time out which was its first of the season and must be respected today. Merrymaker 3.50c This horse seems to have all the right things going for it today,may not be a very big price but should be in the 1st 3 with every chance of winning. BALAKIREF5.25H This selection as ran well on heavy in the past and on a mark were its best results have been achieved. Not a lover of apprentice races but will give this 1 ago. These are only my own thoughts for outsiders today and will be including them with. my other selections.

Saturdays selections Paper Talk 2.20A If the going stays good on the straight course will give the selection a reasonable EW chance. Ran very consistantly last year and is a distance winner. The downside is it first run of the season was a poor performance.but if that run as blown the cobwebs away must have a fair chance of a place today. Trafalgar Bay 3.25A This should have a good chance today with conditions to suit and a distance runner and ran 3rd last time out which was its first of the season and must be respected today. Merrymaker 3.50c This horse seems to have all the right things going for it today,may not be a very big price but should be in the 1st 3 with every chance of winning. BALAKIREF5.25H This selection as ran well on heavy in the past and on a mark were its best results have been achieved. Not a lover of apprentice races but will give this 1 ago. These are only my own thoughts for outsiders today and will be including them with. my other selections.
Two very nice winners today :nana 4/1 :clap 9/1 :nana Think I will have to buy the racing post every day. THE % MAN :ok

Two very nice winners today :nana 4/1 :clap 9/1 :nana Think I will have to buy the racing post every day. THE % MAN :ok
Sundays selections SEROV 2.00 CURR Although this horse as not won at 6f and been beaten by Dafaroun last twice but now 6lbs beter of should give it a fair chance of a place. The going should also give it a chance as it has won on soft and the vast majority of the field have run only on better ground. RAGGTIME TUNE 4.40 CURR A CD winner that has won on heavy and back down to a relistic mark which should give it a chance. Ran over the jumps 38 days ago and may have brought it back to some kind of fitness. Also the one that K FALLON rides also catches the eye [iMPERIAL ROSE] and worth an interest to. SURELY TRULY 4.55N This could be the dark horse of the day, ran of a mark of 79 in it's last 3 runs once on all weather. Been placed 2nd on a mark of 77 on the flat and on a mark of 73 today. Also the trainer as been performing quite well and although the horse as not been showing any recent form could show a better performance today. As won on good to soft and is also a distance winnerand won a class 4 handicap.

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Not very good yesterday but managed a 14/1 place with Fallons mount. Mondays selections below. Artistic Style 3.50r This is a very speclative pick but is running on groung that really suits and if the Jockey can get it going at the start would have a glimmer of a place at large odds. Chinalea 4.50l Although Digatal and Balakiref are two horses that have won for me in this thread I think Digital will struggle of top wieght, Balakiref could still pose a threat but Chinalea as been running quite well of late and just 1lb higher than its winninig mark and would be disapointed if it did not get a place. African Sahara 5.05s Another speclative selection and is a CD winner who should be ok and as won for todays claimer on soft ground. The downside being its over 3 months since last run. If fit after lay off could sneak a place at good odds.

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS The 3 lost but the danger Imentioned won. Sat 3rd June TEXAS GOLD 3.30E Now back in Handicaps and on a reasonable mark should have a fair EW chance today. A CD winner with the going no problem and the type of races he thrives in. Should also be a decent price today so worth a go. SKI JUMP 2.50M Not performing well this season but in my mind the handicaper as given him every oppertunity today and as won on g-firm in the past and if he can get the trip may surprise today. GRIGOROVICH 2.20M Although Fav at about 5/1 this horse seems to run very consistantly around this handicap mark.This is the going at this course were he left them standind last season and also looks as though he's running into form and must have every chance today. OCEAN PRIDE2.35F Back down to a winning mark today and although not performing that well of late is now back to 7f a distance its won at in the past. If it can perform on todays ground should have every cnhance of success. Those are the four Iwill be including in my bets today. THE % MAN

The 3 lost but the danger Imentioned won. Sat 3rd June TEXAS GOLD 3.30E Now back in Handicaps and on a reasonable mark should have a fair EW chance today. A CD winner with the going no problem and the type of races he thrives in. Should also be a decent price today so worth a go. SKI JUMP 2.50M :\ PLACED 7/1 Not performing well this season but in my mind the handicaper as given him every oppertunity today and as won on g-firm in the past and if he can get the trip may surprise today. GRIGOROVICH 2.20M Although Fav at about 5/1 this horse seems to run very consistantly around this handicap mark.This is the going at this course were he left them standind last season and also looks as though he's running into form and must have every chance today. OCEAN PRIDE2.35F :clap WON 15/2 Back down to a winning mark today and although not performing that well of late is now back to 7f a distance its won at in the past. If it can perform on todays ground should have every cnhance of success. Those are the four Iwill be including in my bets today. THE % MAN
:clap 15/2 WINNER 7/1 PLACED :clap

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Sunday 4th June Cathys Cross 2.00s Although just a beginners chase looks to have the going and a step back up in distance today to give it a live EW chance. Lambrini Bianco 2.30s A very consistant handicap horse who has proven form on the going. A CD winner and has a weight advantage today against the 2 horses in the race that have beaten her. At around the 6/1 mark must have evey chance today. Accepting 4.00s This is 1 of Mrs S J Smiths who ran 2nd at Cartmell on Monday and although a more competitive race today, the going will be no problem and at least its a distance winner and as an EW chance today providing the 10lbs claimer can perform. Albarino 3.10h This one could be the dark horse of the race if it can get the extra distance. Well backed on its chase debut but pulled hard.If as the Post surgest the SP of about 8/1 must have every chance of a place at least.