** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

After reading the R/Post my EW BETS

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS

Tuesday 1st aug ACTIVE ASSET 2.05G Although a little high in the weights it's performances hear give it a fair chance in this competative race, a CD winner whos been placed in its last 4 runs. Swordsman 4.25G First time in a Handicap and no doubt has plenty of ability and may surprise speclative choice. High Bray 5.35G Interesting horse who does run well fresh and a CD winner who as progressed since been trained in Brittain and the going should be perfect and should have a Good chance today.
refreshed due to comp problem :ok

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Fri 4th Aug Nayyir 3.15G This is the class horse of the race and whether it can give a STONE or more to its rivals is the question,ran 4th on Tuesday in a group2 were it should have finished a lot closer but hampered 1f out.Today we have Dettori on board and a CD WINNER. At 12/1 [r/post] in my mind still as a good chance of at least a place. Blue Tomato /Caribbean Coral 5.00G Both have been running well of late and B T running out of its skin and Fav again today 7/1 [r/post]. A CD horse that still should make the frame at least. As for C C as been running well round this mark and if it does not get crowded out from trap1 must have as good a chance as anything in the race. Currency 4.50 TH This was down to run at Goodwood and this looks an easier option and as shown it may be comming back to form. At 16/1 [r/post] looks a value EW price today.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Monday Aug 21st MOTO 3.05A A consistant horse at around this mark and although it might not win this CD winner must have every chance of a place and at 10/1 [r/post] a good EW bet. Press Express 8.00w Back down to a realistic mark this distance winner may just come back to something like its earlier form and if so must have a fair EW chance tonight. 10/1 in the Post and if the going stays Good this would help its cause. Limit Down 7.20y The outsder of my picks today but by no means out of it and even though 14/1 [r/post ] its been running respectably and may cause an upset.

Monday Aug 21st MOTO 3.05A A consistant horse at around this mark and although it might not win this CD winner must have every chance of a place and at 10/1 [r/post] a good EW bet. Press Express 8.00w Back down to a realistic mark this distance winner may just come back to something like its earlier form and if so must have a fair EW chance tonight. 10/1 in the Post and if the going stays Good this would help its cause. Limit Down 7.20y The outsder of my picks today but by no means out of it and even though 14/1 [r/post ] its been running respectably and may cause an upset.
MOTO goes in at 6/1 lets hope the other 2 perform tonight

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS These today are just quick glances but still think they have a chance. Self Respect 1.45Y [cd winner comming back to form] The Whistling Teal 2.15Y [if it gets the trip may surprise] Prospect Place 4.35Y [runs well fresh, and back on ground that suits] Knot In Wood /Steel blue 5.10Y K I W must be one of the most cosistant handicapers this season, S B bottom weight but not out of it.

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Interesting at York today with small field Group Races and large field handicaps. Taking a closer look at the Group Races and the going Good to Soft one or 2 of the well fancied horses may not perform at their best and also many of the inform Handicappers have won on good to firm with no form on todays going.Below are my views of todays York meeting and after looking at the post this morning. York 1.45 Futun / Mutawaffer Futun The likely FAV for the race and with solid form, a distance winner from a stable who does well at these distances with top notch jockey on board. My only concern the going but won on good and a 1PT WIN BET Mutawaffer This one as found Sprinting not his game and tried at this distance last time and ran 2nd and for me as a good EW chance today. York 2.15 Armigerant / Bodes Galaxy At least these 2 have good form in Group 2 races and may surprise the market leaders 1PT WIN BOTH York 2.50 Signatory This looks a lively EW bet and although not a distance winner todays ground in its favour and by all accounts a big show on the way and lets hope its today 1pt EW York 3.25 No bet due to the going concerns for Alexandrova who has never won on this going. No doubt the best horse in the race but will not be backing him myself. York 4.00 This looks a very close race and even looks like Burkes 2nd string in race still give Zanida a good EW chance 1PT EW YORK 4.35 No idea as to many not run before so just having a daft bet on Fushe Jo AT 25/1 as the stable had the 2nd in this last year at same SP. York 5.10 No doubt the Fav as all the right ticks for this race Buachaill Donna but no value for me and like these 2 in order mentioned as EW Alternatives Terentia and Blazing Heights PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE MY VIEWS ONLY

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Poor assessments by me yesterday except for last race. Todays racing at York are mostly group or listed races and below are a few horses that might get a place a good odds. These will not include the Favs for these races but outsiders. Please note do not let this put you of any winners as only trying to find place horses today. BENBAUN /STENBERG 2.50Y PENTICOST 3.25Y LIGHTNING FLASH 4.OOY GOWER SONG 4.35Y GEE DEE NEN 5.10Y SUNTAN LADY 4.20M [JUST MAT SURPRISE TODAY] Most of these races are not handicaps so only 1/5th the odds and all selections 1pt EW

Poor assessments by me yesterday except for last race. Todays racing at York are mostly group or listed races and below are a few horses that might get a place a good odds. These will not include the Favs for these races but outsiders. Please note do not let this put you of any winners as only trying to find place horses today. BENBAUN /STENBERG 2.50Y PENTICOST 3.25Y LIGHTNING FLASH 4.OOY GOWER SONG 4.35Y GEE DEE NEN 5.10Y SUNTAN LADY 4.20M [JUST MAT SURPRISE TODAY] Most of these races are not handicaps so only 1/5th the odds and all selections 1pt EW
2 n/runners and 2 placed at 7/1 and 14/1 st 10 return 6.12 pts p/l -3.88pts

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Just been taking a look over past hour and the ones below could have an EW CHANCE today Stellenbosch 2.10G Won of a 1lb lower mark than this and looks to have a good chance today. Bold Mark 4.40B Down to it's lowest ever handicap mark today and may not win, a fair chance of a place though. Danceinthevalley 3.05B This is a very speclative selection but as won of a 2lb higher mark than todays. From the G.A SWINBANK stable and if any signs of him droping in price this could give some idea of chance as this stable as been performing well of late. Al Rayanah 2.55Y If this horse can perform on this going [unknown] it would give it a good chance today. A distance winner in a seller but has ran well in 3 handicaps and as a fair chance today. Kennington 4.00Y A CD winner with a good chance today provided it gets out at the start but a decent jock on board today and if it does every chance of winning. 1PT EW ALL BETS

Does anyone know how i can find out the strike rate of all favourites winning or getting placed in the last year please? I came to ask on your thread % man 'cause i thought you would be the most likely to know. Thanks, Tom.
Hi Tom I did send you a private message telling you were to find the information you required and I dont Know whether you recieved it but below is the answer to your question above. All FLAT LAST 9 YEARS. 50022 BETS 149871 WON S/RATE 29.9% P/LOSS - 7.7% PLACED INCLUDING WINNERS 29585 S/RATE 59.1% P/LOSS -8.2% ALL JUMPS 33368 BETS 11500 WON S/RATE 34.5% P/L -7.8% PLACED INCLUDING WINNERS 20221 S/RATE 60% P/LOSS -9.7% It must be said if you are trying to find some sort of system to do with Favs this can vary to what type of race you are dealing. You will also notice the s/rate of the Jumps is better but losses slightly greater and the reason for this is their SPs are a lot shorter.I hope this as helped and if you wish a more in depth report please let me know via a private message and will do my best to help %MAN :ok

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Bank holiday Monday, not the best of days to try and find winners in my view but taken a look at the R/Post this morning and come up with these. Lockstock 5.25Ch Not run for a while but does like it round hear and a CD winner in the past and on a mark that gives him a Slight chance 14/1 Enjoy The Buzz 5.55Ch Should have a Good chance of at least making the frame and on a 2lb lower winning mark today. Riquewihr / Petite Mac 5.05 Nc The 1st horse mentioned may have a Good chance today now back on soft going, a distance winner and at 14/1 looks good value to me. The other horse mentioned must also have Good chance if he can perform as well in a stronger race today carring 4lbs more than last time but the going right up its street and a CD winner. Parkside Persuit 2.35W Do like this 1 today and looks like is time is near, a CD winner with 2 wins hear. Is latest efforts look good and give him Every chance today Hawkridge King 6.00w Very consistant placed horse without winning but maybe the 1st time headgear may just do the trick and for me a strong contender for a place with a Fair chance of a win if the headgear works. The Terrier 3.00R My speclative bet of the day but from a stable who can come up with some nice priced winners, Ran third in its last 3 handicaps and must still have A chance of making the frame. Also another one in the race that may have a chance is Savernake Blue and always take a look at Channons when they start droping down the weights again. Down to a mark just 1lb higher than a winning one and at 25/1 and 1/2pt EW bet on it. Shaydreambeliever. An up and down horse this season with a poor run last time but as won a class 3 and 4 last season and todays is a class 5 race. Not a distance winner but ran 2nd at 1/2f longer so should be no problem. At 14/1 and from the R Fahey stable who as plenty of outsiders that do well I give this a Fair chance today. Please note these are my own thoughts and I do back them in small EW LUCKYS. I do take a close look at each Handicap to try and pick good priced horses that have a chance and you should take note of my BOLD comment of its chances. These are Handicap races and if any trainer is getting 1 ready for just 1 race the chances of picking that horse are very slim and by choseing horses that are consistant or droping down the handicap to a decent mark I hope to pick up some winners from time to time. %man

Bank holiday Monday, not the best of days to try and find winners in my view but taken a look at the R/Post this morning and come up with these. Lockstock 5.25Ch Not run for a while but does like it round hear and a CD winner in the past and on a mark that gives him a Slight chance 14/1 Enjoy The Buzz 5.55Ch Should have a Good chance of at least making the frame and on a 2lb lower winning mark today. Riquewihr / Petite Mac 5.05 Nc The 1st horse mentioned may have a Good chance today now back on soft going, a distance winner and at 14/1 looks good value to me. The other horse mentioned must also have Good chance if he can perform as well in a stronger race today carring 4lbs more than last time but the going right up its street and a CD winner. Parkside Persuit 2.35W Do like this 1 today and looks like is time is near, a CD winner with 2 wins hear. Is latest efforts look good and give him Every chance today Hawkridge King 6.00w Very consistant placed horse without winning but maybe the 1st time headgear may just do the trick and for me a strong contender for a place with a Fair chance of a win if the headgear works. The Terrier 3.00R My speclative bet of the day but from a stable who can come up with some nice priced winners, Ran third in its last 3 handicaps and must still have A chance of making the frame. Also another one in the race that may have a chance is Savernake Blue and always take a look at Channons when they start droping down the weights again. Down to a mark just 1lb higher than a winning one and at 25/1 and 1/2pt EW bet on it. Shaydreambeliever 5.20R An up and down horse this season with a poor run last time but as won a class 3 and 4 last season and todays is a class 5 race. Not a distance winner but ran 2nd at 1/2f longer so should be no problem. At 14/1 and from the R Fahey stable who as plenty of outsiders that do well I give this a Fair chance today. Please note these are my own thoughts and I do back them in small EW LUCKYS. I do take a close look at each Handicap to try and pick good priced horses that have a chance and you should take note of my BOLD comment of its chances. These are Handicap races and if any trainer is getting 1 ready for just 1 race the chances of picking that horse are very slim and by choseing horses that are consistant or droping down the handicap to a decent mark I hope to pick up some winners from time to time. %man
TO LATE EDITIONS Zowington 3.25E If this horse could run to its intial promise and back to within 3lbs of a winning mark and a CD winner I Would give it a Good chance of a place today Night Storm 5.40 E Things just not going its way of late but back to a decent mark today and may surprise today at decent odds. A distance winner and I give ths a Good chance of a place and could even win today.

Re: After reading the R/Post my EW BETS Tuesdays picks Lambrini Bianco 4.30S Still have to go with this consistant horse and still must have every chance of a place even though going up the weights.A CD winner and a jock who's won on him. A word of warning, although 3rd LTO this was a poor run by all accounts and maybe getting to the end of his run of good results. Still Good chance of a place. Good Investment 3.00S Down to a 1lb lower winning mark today and with cheek pieces being used for the first time may give this horse a Fair chance today and also the drop in Class should help. Josr's Magic 3.50R If this horse is around the 7/1 mark today I would consider this a Good value EW bet with a fair chance of winning as showed some promise on soft going. Danzatrice 4.50R Like the look of this one today won twice at a furlong less but as run well on this going in the past and give this a Good chance today. All bets 1pt ew or 25p ew Lucky 15 [if you can get 3 x the odds for 1 winner]