The 2000 Guineas Thread

Re: The 2000 Guineas Thread

OPERA CAPE continues to thrive, as he proved the only credible opponent to the winner, typically racing freely and having every chance; his pedigree isn't the easiest to assess but he's likely to stay 1m.
from Godolphin website.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The 2000 Guineas Thread Lads, Ok I got off on the wrong foot there as I didnt explain why and you have all got the wrong impression. Just to explain, I have my reasons for disliking Godolphin. I personally think they ruin flat racing in a way. They purchase every half decent horse going. This season its, Shawanda, Silcas Sister, Opera Cape, The Geezer, I could go on, the list is endless. I have also witnessed on many occasions mate that alot of their horses underperform but their is never an explanation for it. For example a few years back I remember Refuse To Bend. Won a group 1 then ran in The Sussex stakes (I think). The horse was tailed off. The stewards didn't even bother to look into it however and no explanation was given. Now if that was a trainer with 20 or 30 horses and with little firepower then I can guarantee the stewards would have looked into it and the trainer would be in hot water. There is many examples and I met a bloke in the bookies once who had the exact same thoughts as me. His words were "They are a bit like Chelsea, they can buy what they like but also get away with everything" :ok

Re: The 2000 Guineas Thread ABRAMOVICH - Crooked - No Doubt. GODOLPHIN - Lucky buggers sitting on top of an Ocean of oil ,although i'm sure they have always been totally above board since it's discovery [now thats tongue-in cheek!!:lol ] Quite right about their recent habit of buying up all the 'supposed' best young horses , but, imo, that policy has yet to really hit it off

DEVERON 2.20 Goodwood TAILED OFF 7/4 FAVOURITE Another example. Get the bastards out the country, crooks.
i had a good word today on this horse from someone in the stable. i personally think that they have a go, if the horse isnt giving it out, they dont go mad on it, looked an eased down horse IMO. If you think Goldolphin are crooks SB, then i assume Pipey was too! Talk to us at the end of the season after we see how the boys in blue do. onto the 2000 Guineas, SIR PERCY is now my bet after i have taken everything in. Yes, it will stay further but showed last season it was hard to beat at 7f & will easily get the mile. Sir Percy with George washington not far behind.

Re: The 2000 Guineas Thread Keep an eye on both Frost Giant and Final Verse. They are both at 66/1 with Ladbrokes with the latter very unexposed. I just feel there is a place to be found with Final Verse especially. So watch both of those horses in the market. But, out of the more likely contenders, George Washington on paper, looks the one to beat, but either Sir Percy or HORATIO NELSON may just pip him to the post. Tip: Horatio Nelson Danger: Sir Percy Outside Chance: Final Verse

Re: The 2000 Guineas Thread HORATIO NELSON for me - looks more likely to get the trip than the favourite who looks and out and out speedy type based on his performances so far. He looks value at nearly 4 times the price of GW :eek

Is anyone watching C4 and the Sir percy life story? Whats that all about? Im about to doze off!
:zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz ......uh, did someone say something?

onto the 2000 Guineas, SIR PERCY is now my bet after i have taken everything in. Yes, it will stay further but showed last season it was hard to beat at 7f & will easily get the mile. Sir Percy with George washington not far behind.
GW got first run & that was it, game over:notworthy to KF also. Sir Percy gallant in defeat, will be better for it.

Re: The 2000 Guineas Thread I'm glad i followed this thread or i probably wouldn't have taken Olympian Odyssey ew. Ran a good race but GW was amazing. Only just seen the race and once agan Fallon timed his run perfectly. Legend.

Re: The 2000 Guineas Thread Fantastic performance ... best two winners in my antepost book Sir Percy and George Washington at 16s and 20s. Well chuffed. Also pleased to see Olympian Odyssey back up Atlantic Waves on Fielden form. Atlantic Waves is screaming for a longer trip and will hold Olympian over 1m4f imo. Looks the best Guineas winner since Zafonic .. tremendous turn of foot. Brilliant run by Sir Percy who would have won any other year.

Fantastic performance ... best two winners in my antepost book Sir Percy and George Washington at 16s and 20s.
:unsure I assume these were posted at the time of your original bets

Fantastic performance ... best two winners in my antepost book Sir Percy and George Washington at 16s and 20s. Well chuffed. Also pleased to see Olympian Odyssey back up Atlantic Waves on Fielden form. Atlantic Waves is screaming for a longer trip and will hold Olympian over 1m4f imo. .
when was GW 20's for the guineas?? Must have been before it hit a racecourse:eek