Eurovision Song Contest 2006

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2006 Feel free to add some info on the songs that you know something about... Maybe there will be some nice odds to bet on. Last year I actually bet on Greece since the girl that sang their song was Swedish and so I knew the song well (think the odds was about 4 if i remember correctly) I can tell you some stuff about the girl thats competing for Sweden. Shes a top notch MILF thats competed in the Eurovision song contest two times before and won them both! First time she was in the '80s and she was only 15 years old then. The song was called "Främling" (means Stranger) by the way.. The second time was mid 90's and the song was called "Stormvind" (I dont think i need to translate that one). Well anyway this time the song is called "Evighet" and it was basically a landslide when she won. She has a really powerful voice and the song is even a bit better in English.. Feel free to add some more info and views :)

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2006 This thing is always very political and with a bit of digging and delving we can seriously cut the field down to size! The BBC normally have a great site for all the contestants and you can listen to all the songs and get a bit of info regarding each contestant, however they have last years details up so far so in the next couple of weeks I am sure they will have all the details for this years competition. I found this link for the Official site http://www.eurovision.tv/english/index.htm Anyhows it was Greece last year and they seem to be strong favourites this year!

Outright e/w 1-2-3-4
Who will win Eurovision 2006 (Grand Final) - Live on RTE1/BBC1
Selection Prices Selection Prices Selection Prices
Greece 2 - 1spacer.gifDenmark 25 - 1spacer.gifNetherlands 50 - 1spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Romania 6 - 1spacer.gifTurkey 28 - 1spacer.gifMonaco 66 - 1spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Sweden 8 - 1spacer.gifRussia 28 - 1spacer.gifSpain 66 - 1spacer.gif
spacer.gif
United Kingdom 12 - 1spacer.gifEstonia 28 - 1spacer.gifIsrael 80 - 1spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Belgium 12 - 1spacer.gifIreland 33 - 1spacer.gifPortugal 80 - 1spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Bosnia-Herzegovina 12 - 1spacer.gifUkraine 33 - 1spacer.gifBelarus 100 - 1spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Germany 14 - 1spacer.gifMalta 33 - 1spacer.gifLithuania 100 - 1spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Switzerland 14 - 1spacer.gifLatvia 40 - 1spacer.gifMoldova 100 - 1spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Norway 14 - 1spacer.gifCyprus 40 - 1spacer.gifAlbania 100 - 1spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Croatia 16 - 1spacer.gifPoland 40 - 1spacer.gifAndorra 100 - 1spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Iceland 20 - 1spacer.gifArmenia 50 - 1spacer.gifBulgaria 100 - 1spacer.gif
spacer.gif
FYR Macedonia 20 - 1spacer.gifSlovenia 50 - 1spacer.gifFrance 100 - 1spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Finland 22 - 1spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif
spacer.gif
Each way odds 1 / 4 places 4
Thursday 18th May 2006, 18:00
(Paddypower odds) so UK is a definite no no! as previously said we are hated in europe and our entry would normally get locked up in any other sane country, as it's more like an advertisement for ??? well you make your opinion if you've not seen it! but here's a little clue; 40 odd year old grey haired balding man in stonewashed denim jeans and jacket over a hoodie, rapping "Teenage Life" with 4 young schoolgirls in uniform, utilising their school desks as props! - get the picture!!! and to make it worse this geezer is called Daz Sampson! 12/1 is p*ss poor odds for this pile of sh*te! so has anybody got any fancies or maybe some we can wipe as a contender? I'm thinking along the lines of the Geeeeermans in World Cup year, as quite frankly they ain't gonna win the world cup so how's about some symapthetic voting! Regards,

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2006 I'll scratch my thoughts regarding Germany as a possible winner as I've just seen a photo of who is representing them! 03_germany_2006_texas_left.jpg The F*cking Beverley HillBillies! also wipe Finland as you can see! 03_finland_left_2006.jpg also wipe Albania 03_albania_2006_left.jpg My tip is definitely Ireland who have a quality singer called Brian Kennedy who used to sing with Van Morrison and he has had some success in the UK with a hit called "Life, Love & Happiness" in 1996. 03_ireland_2006_left.jpg He is a certainty to get in the frame! 1st 4 places 1/4 the odds with Paddypower! 33/1 massive odds GET ON NOW as these odds won't be around come kiddy fiddling day! "Sorry Daz"! Regards,

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2006 Would probably side with Ireland to not qualify if I could get a better price than available on BF...it's better than last year but still pretty poor. Managed to get a bit of 4/1 Greece, they could be very short by kick off. My personal outsider is Estonia, mind you, I backed them last year too and they did very badly.

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2006 Ireland 4/9 not to make it to the final (13/8 they will). Ugh. I've no idea if the Greece gamble will actually come off though but the likelihood suggests it might. It'll be the third time in three years then that the favourite will have been incredibly well-backed and won at a general canter and I'm assuming these are fairly well-organised gambles. ....my eyes will water if the best-priced 9/4 for Greece is trimmed into less than 2/1 across-the-board as they are with some bookies like Bet Direct (a paltry 15/8) which is far too short then and bookies will have smelled a rat or some punters will be in for a stuffing. Eh. I'll see if I can muster up some match-betting magic like last year although it'd be nice if it doesn't take the second-to-last vote to save my ass! :lol :rollin

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2006 What are you on Jonesy Knows !!! :lol Ireland have lost the plot in recent years and this will fair no better than last years viewer picked effort. I'll lay Ireland till the cows come home...dreadful dirge of a 'song' which will fall at the first hurdle fail to even make the final...truly woeful. sorry:)

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2006 Cheers guys.. I just watched some preview show with a bunch of "experts" from all the nordic countries (sweden, iceland, norway, finland, denmark). First of all, I have to say that I simply dont fancy Ireland. They have produced so much fantastic music over the years (U2 etc.) and also many winners on this comp. With that in mind its weird to see how they can send this kind of crap to the contest.. "Every song is a cry for love?!" whatever man.. :P But the experts all agreed on one country. Belgium. The song is very catchy and sung by a foxy chic. Its impossible to describe it here but I think its gonna be top 3 easily! In Belgium they apparently take this contest very seriously, having quarter-finals, semi-finals and finals. This song, might i add, won by a land-slide in the finals. Belgium to finish top 4 @ 4.1 BF is a very very interesting bet...

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2006 I have just listened to all the songs.:loon :unsure :wall I can see why Greece is favourite - as defending champs, they've gone the age-old route of 'slushy ballad follow up'. :puke Sweden - swirling Abba-esque swirls, strong chorus. Belgium is similar but the chorus seems a bit flat. More importantly, they, as a nation, don't piss any one else off. :rollin It'll win. :hope Each-way - Cyprus, Denmark. :hope (Then again, I thought Bosnia & Herzegovina should have won last year.) None of them will ever top Sahlene from a couple or so years back though - she was hot.

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2006

I have just listened to all the songs.:loon :unsure :wall I can see why Greece is favourite - as defending champs, they've gone the age-old route of 'slushy ballad follow up'. :puke Sweden - swirling Abba-esque swirls, strong chorus. Belgium is similar but the chorus seems a bit flat. More importantly, they, as a nation, don't piss any one else off. :rollin It'll win. :hope Each-way - Cyprus, Denmark. :hope (Then again, I thought Bosnia & Herzegovina should have won last year.) None of them will ever top Sahlene from a couple or so years back though - she was hot.
Cheers Fleet Sahlene is from Sweden btw and I think she sang Estonias song. She entered twice in the Swedish competition after that with good songs but she hasnt won.. yet! Shes a hottie though! DAMN! Anna-Photograph-sessions-5.jpg Swedens song this year has a strong chorus, yes. This girl, Carola, has entered the Swedish competition three times and won every time. Thus, she has participated in two ESC:s and won them both aswell.. Shes a real entertainer and the song is actually a bit better in English.. Top 3? Belgium, Greece and Sweden :hope

Cheers Fleet Sahlene is from Sweden btw and I think she sang Estonias song. She entered twice in the Swedish competition after that with good songs but she hasnt won.. yet! Shes a hottie though! DAMN! Anna-Photograph-sessions-5.jpg
That's her. 'Runaway' was the song and I have every version of it because I'm sad. :rollin

If Europe doesn't warm to the talent that is Daz Sampson I don't know what is wrong with the world :unsure
Am I really the only person who thinks our song isn't THAT bad? Then again, I have 2 daughters who play it over and over - again and again and again.....

• 2 weeks later...