Premier League Darts - 16th March

Re: Premier League Darts - 16th March Initial thoughts. Isnt this the event where the fans will actually be supporting Manley? May be something to factor. Also, whats the update on Lloyd's back? 4 for Manley to win seems nice if Lloyd is still hurting. Maybe a lay on Lloyd to cover the draw, especially at those odds. Not sure about the Mardle match. Id have to think long and hard to back Mardle these days. Im liking the price of Baxter to beat Manley. Hopefully the Lloyd match earlier would of taken it out of Manley, and then a fresh Baxter can take him. Baxter certainly played his best stuff in the last round, and I can see him taking One Dart here.

Re: Premier League Darts - 16th March

Initial thoughts. Isnt this the event where the fans will actually be supporting Manley? May be something to factor.
Thats at Carlisle, in a few weeks. I'll try get my thoughts up on these games later.

Sport Darts
Event Taylor v Mardle-Premier League
Selection Taylor to score more 180's
Strength 10/10
Date 16/03/2006
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 1.57 (Back)
Reasoning Taylor is a more accurate player than Mardle around the 60's - in fact Mardle has a techincal problem which means that darts often go into the 5 bed, so Taylor should have the upper hand in the 180 count.
Sport Darts
Event Scholten v Mardle-Premier League
Selection Scholten to score more 180's
Strength 10/10
Date 16/03/2006
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 1.61 (Back)
Reasoning Scholten is a very heavy scorer - he even out-scored Taylor in his match with him. Mardle isn't as prolific on the 180s.

Re: Premier League Darts - 16th March Last year when Mardle played Taylor and Scholten on the same night he got beat 11-1 off Taylor but beat Scholten. Mardle hasn't been that bad this Year taking Taylor to 8-6 in the first game.4 games of Barneveld(8-4) and 5 games off Manley.After the win at the weekend and beating the hell out of me at my local in an Exhibition(i was leathered it was my birthday) and his book being released he is buzzing.So I'm having a dabble at 11/10 on Sportin odds for Mardle to win more than 4.5 legs against Taylor.Also gonna have a little wager on Mardle at 12's cos to me that price is just worth a minimal shot.

Re: Premier League Darts - 16th March Lloyd lost. Anyone betting on Lloyd to win at 1.50 must have been insane. Was seriously tempted to lay Lloyd, but bottled it. Oh well. Mardle played really crap against Taylor. If Scholten plays half decent he should beat Mardle. Not going to bet at the odds available, mind. Baxter is now the favourate in his match against Manley, which I find strange. Manley at 2.44 sounds tempting. May just lay Baxter to cover the draw.

Re: Premier League Darts - 16th March Man, Baxter was on fire last night. Played superbly. Hammered Manley, even though One Dart was played good himself. Lucky I decided not to have any bets in the end. Mardle played really poor. Drifting into the 5's all the time, and showed a poor mentality. Showed weakness, and sometimes just threw the last dart anywhere. Not a winners mentality, Im afraid. Interesting to note that Taylor, yet again, didnt play very well. I think Ill definately be laying Taylor next week. All depends on what the odds are. Definately think that Barny has a good chance.

Re: Premier League Darts - 16th March agreed deepblue,when i went to the bsq website it said all on to win. from oddschecker betdirect appear to be each way 1/3 1.2.,but when i logged on they were win only as well. premierbet appear to be only 20/1,but i was unable to get to their website.have they gone bust?

Re: Premier League Darts - 16th March Premierbet will not be going bust any time soon, peejay. Their chief, Tony Bloom, is one of the sharpest operators around, although I believe he may be selling up/have sold up. Their football prices are the sharpest around. Example today: they were 9/5 before kick off on Newcastle, better price than Betfair. And they got battered. I think they were upgrading their website, it seems to be back OK now.

Re: Premier League Darts - 16th March when i click on the link i get a download file warning,and when i type the address in i get internet explorer cant find this site.just seemed strange. i know they are supposed to be good at the footy compiling,its just i havnt had a bet there for a while.

Re: Premier League Darts - 16th March Anyone else liking the odds on Barny to bear Taylor this week? Betfair havent got the prices up yet, but Bet365 are offered 5 for Barny to beat Taylor. Definately tempted by that. Taylor hasnt been that impressive at all in the last few games, and if Barny plays well, Im sure he can beat him. Maybe at 1.40, it could be better to lay Taylor to cover the draw. Of course, the huge danger is, as we've seen many times before over the years, that Taylor could just be on absolute fire that night and destroy Barny. Taylor, after playing "average" for the last 3 weeks, could just turn it up so much and have a 110 average, because thats the sort of player he is. Anyone any thoughts? Also, Mardle at 2.75 to beat Lloyd seems very generous, considering both have played poor so far.

SportDarts
EventPremier League Darts
SelectionBarneveld Most 180's
Strength10/10
Date23/03/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningI've been waiting for this bet for quite a while now and nobody will persuade me not to back it. Barney is a much more prolific 180 scorer than Taylor, certainly these days anyway. Taylor has developed a fascination with going for 19's on his 3rd dart, which may be to do with the stacking problem he seems to be struggling with even though he is still beating opponents comfortably. Barney is very smooth and 2.50 is a must bet, as I was expecting around 1.90, but whatever the price, he is the favourite to win this bet in my eyes and the bookies have it wrong.

Re: Premier League Darts - 16th March Just for some interest, Ive chucked a tiny amount on the following bets: Wayne Mardle to beat Colin Lloyd @ 3 Yes, Mardle has played really poor so far, combined with most likely the lowest point last week, when he played appalingly bad, and also lost his composure. Mardle must be so pissed off at his performance so far, and I think this week will be the time he turns it around. Bet hes so focussed for tommorow night. At 2/1 against Lloyd, who has also been below average so far, its is a risk Im willing to take. Id never take 1.7ish for Lloyd in ANY match in this League. Good start is essential for Mardle in this one. Raymond Barneveld To Lead after 4 Legs & Win Match @ 1.9 (Bet365) Obviously no value in Barney to beat Manley, so Ive gone for this one instead. Im willing to take the risk of Manley not living up to his "One Dart" nickname in the first few games, therefore allowing Barny to be leading 3-1 after the first 4. Also, depending on how he plays against Manley, I may bet on Raymond Barneveld To Lead after 4 Legs & Lose Match @ 13. Not sure yet. Also, a question, how is it decided who will throw first in these matches? Is it the same as the World Champs, where nearest to bull can decide, or is it fixed as to who will throw first?

Just for some interest, Ive chucked a tiny amount on the following bets: Wayne Mardle to beat Colin Lloyd @ 3 Yes, Mardle has played really poor so far, combined with most likely the lowest point last week, when he played appalingly bad, and also lost his composure. Mardle must be so pissed off at his performance so far, and I think this week will be the time he turns it around. Bet hes so focussed for tommorow night. At 2/1 against Lloyd, who has also been below average so far, its is a risk Im willing to take. Id never take 1.7ish for Lloyd in ANY match in this League. Good start is essential for Mardle in this one. Raymond Barneveld To Lead after 4 Legs & Win Match @ 1.9 (Bet365) Obviously no value in Barney to beat Manley, so Ive gone for this one instead. Im willing to take the risk of Manley not living up to his "One Dart" nickname in the first few games, therefore allowing Barny to be leading 3-1 after the first 4. Also, depending on how he plays against Manley, I may bet on Raymond Barneveld To Lead after 4 Legs & Lose Match @ 13. Not sure yet. Also, a question, how is it decided who will throw first in these matches? Is it the same as the World Champs, where nearest to bull can decide, or is it fixed as to who will throw first?
No. It's fixed. The "home" player ie the player named 1st in the fixture list throws 1st.

Re: Premier League Darts - 16th March 2 for me on Thursday. 10pts Taylor to score highest checkout vs Barneveld 8/11 Paddy Power I'm sure Taylor will be out to batter Barney and what better way to do it than with a few ton+ finishes? Barney's finishing is supect at the best of times so I think this is a fairly safe bet. 10pts Baxter to beat Scholten 6/5 Bet365 Baxter has started to show the form I wanted him to show in weeks 1 and 2. The darts he's played the last couple of weeks will be more than enough to see off Scholten in this one.

Sport Darts
Event Premier League - Scholten V Baxter
Selection Scholten Will Score Most 180s
Strength 10/10
Date 23/03/2006
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 1.40 (Back)
Reasoning Roland is a ton-80 machine. He even outscores Taylor when it comes to hitting max's. Baxter is playing really well but he tends to miss out on 180's - the odd dart just goes into the 5 or 1. 1.4 isn't great value but I think it's fair.
Sport Darts
Event Premier League: Taylor V Barneveld
Selection Taylor Will Score Most 180s
Strength 10/10
Date 23/03/2006
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.00 (Back)
Reasoning Ahh the match we've all been waiting for. Phil's first decent contest for a couple of years and boy will the pressure be on. Barney has a habit of bottling the really really big occasions - he's always capitulated to Taylor on TV in the past and his final match in the 2006 BDO champs was another case of pressure being too much. Phil at evens to score more 180's than Barney in what will be a tight match looks the best of bets.
Sport Darts
Event Premier League: Barneveld V Manley
Selection Barneveld
Strength 10/10
Date 23/03/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.36 (Back)
Reasoning Peter Manley is a mugger. His main forte is when he is up against players at a disadvantage - then he seems to perform well. Examples are recently against Lloyd and his bad back, Wayne Jones the qualifier in the Worlds, Adrian Lewis and the mind games and so on. He'll fold to a steaming storming Barney early doors.

Re: Premier League Darts - 16th March I'll be there tonight. Got my ticket a couple of months ago, and it's a 3,000 sell out at the BIC:eek Been to a couple of Matchplay champs at Blackpool, and really looking forward to tonight. Expecting Mardle to pull something out of the bag, and at that price I will be on with small stakes. Also, have a sneaking suspicion that Manley is going to spoil the party by turning over Barney. Have no doubts that Taylor will batter Barney. They've played many times and Taylor has a commanding lead in the series - murdered him at last years Masters of Darts

Barney has a habit of bottling the really really big occasions - he's always capitulated to Taylor on TV in the past and his final match in the 2006 BDO champs was another case of pressure being too much.
I have to question that Col. Barney hasn't bottled half as much as people say he has and no way did he bottle it against Klaasen, it's just he was beaten by a player who was on fire on the day. I'm not for one minute saying Barney is going to win, but I do think all the pressure is on Taylor in this match and Barney very much not. Why? Well, Barney was the BDO No.1 and playing Taylor the PDC No.1, of course the pressure was on Barney to perform and yes he did crumble. It's now a very different situation mentally in my opinion, Barney has switched to the PDC and done a very good job so far, pulverising Mardle with an exceptional performance. Time will tell, but it would not shock me if Barney won, even though I won't be backing it - apart from him to win the 180's match. ;)