Snooker: Welsh Open

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open I wondered how big an impact on the match that black at the end of the 8th frame would have and as it proved it had a massive impact. Shaun Murphy has to rein in on his long potting though, I don't care who you are you are not going to pot 100% of long pots and the way he goes for them he's leaving his opponent with easy starters every time he misses.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open

Any picks for today? I think Stevens, Mcmanus look vulnerable as there are bound to be more upsets today. I have taken Stephen Lee in the outright market:
SportSnooker/Pool
EventWelsh Open
SelectionLee (1/2, 1,2) (Each-Way)
Strength1/10
Date05/03/2006
Bookmaker/Price>BetFred @ 51.00 (Back)
ReasoningHis odds look value seeing as O'sullivan and Hendry have been knocked out. He reached the Semi's of the Masters not long ago, so although his ranking is slipping he is still very capable of putting in a few good performances. He plays D Hendry first up who struggled in his victory over Fu, then would be due to play Maguire who is not in the best of form.
Great shout there Winbet.:ok

Re: Snooker: Welsh Open Cheers It was a good shot in the dark. O'Sullivan & Hendry had been already knocked out of his half in the draw so it looked wide open and at 50/1 Lee looked worth a shot e/w. I definetly didn't expect Lee to beat Murphy. I had Lee down as a choker but Murphy wasn't really at the races in the final, though Lee did play well.