** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

International Friendlies (28 February-1 March 2006)

Re: International Friendlies (28 February-1 March 2006)

With reference to the conditions in Wales lads. The millenium stadium isn't some shack in the middle of a field. I think the conditions will have very little if any factor on the match. Sorry, i don't mean to sound argumentative.
They'll probably close the roof anyhow.:ok

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies (28 February-1 March 2006) It better be careful with Finland. azakh squad is on way up rifgt now. I saw some their matches and should admitt that they played attractive passing football. Personally I placed small bet on Kazakh at 9.00. Finland start whithout their stars and difference between Kazakh and finish leagues is not so huge right now.

Re: International Friendlies (28 February-1 March 2006) ^ Yeh I'm not convinced by Finlands squad tbh, and taking a -1.5 isnt worth it on the balance of things Azaerbaijan are a reasonably hard team to break down if i remember from the england game n a few other results Romania is the only game that interests me now, today EDIT - Romania is in-running on sportingbet for those interested Full squad playing from what i can see

Re: International Friendlies (28 February-1 March 2006) wonder what you think of the Iceland match tonight at Loftus Road, I am sure that the Trinidad & Tobagon team will be well supported in West London but the conditions may be a bit lively for them. Are any of these teams on pre season ? I assume Iceland probably are? The match looks evenly balanced with the oddsmakers, just wondering if there was a decent bet opportunity here.

Re: International Friendlies (28 February-1 March 2006) Republic of Korea - Angola Friendly match in Seoul. Home team Korea hosts team from Africa, surprise package of African Qualifications for World Cup. - Korea is very strong at home, they have many European based players, and as a team they are team to admire. - They had many friendlies in last months. In November they played two games at home, they won 2-0 with S&M and drew 2-2 with Sweden. So both strong or top European teams, and much better then their opponent today, Angola. - Angola qualified for World Cup, but in Afircan Cup of Nations they didn't show nothing. They are just average Aftrican soccer nation. - I don't give them a chance in Seoul, and even though this is a friendly, home team is much better and at home they shouldn't have problems beating this African side. Homewin. Max stakes. [email protected] 10/10 And Korea -1 EH, [email protected]. 6/10 GL~

Re: International Friendlies (28 February-1 March 2006) Betting on friendlies is never a good idea, but I can't resist a couple of small bets... Italy -1/4 over Germany They have the better squad and the home advantage. Uruguay +1 at England Uruguay should keep it close with England missing Owen and Lampard.

Re: International Friendlies (28 February-1 March 2006) I like the look of Iran v Costa Rica. Bit of a culture shock for the Ricans who maybe a decent team but I fancy Iran at home in front of 100,000 screaming abdabs. 11/10.

Re: International Friendlies (28 February-1 March 2006) Macedonia - Bulgaria is a no bet for me. Bulgaria has a decent squad with key players such as Berbatov, Stilian Petrov, Martin Petrov, Yankov, Kishishev and Bojinov. No one knows how much time will they stay on the field today anyway. Defence is a bit suspect but we are used to that. Macedonia has a new coach, Slovenia Srechko Katanec who admires the attacking style of play. He hardly knows his players yet. Macedonians say they feel OK about their defence but they are lighweight in midfield. Katanec will introduce 3-men defence instead of 4-men. Macedonians should be eager to get something against their big brothers from Bulgaria. Lesser-known Bulgarian players should be interested in fighting for a permanent place in the national team. It snowed yesterday but it is sunny today and not too cold. Pitch should be damp though. It could go either way and there's no value in the Under/Over market - the Over is quite probable due to the attack-minded Katanec but odds are poor.

Re: International Friendlies (28 February-1 March 2006) IMO Bulgaria will beat Macedonia. For us (I'm a Bulgarian) it's a new start after poor display in the last World Cup's qualifications. Stoichkov said there will be no more experiments with the squad. Bulgaria will play just two more friendlies before the start of qualifications for the Europen Championship, so IMO everyone will play on 100%. So, 2.00 on Bulgaria is a value price for me.

Re: International Friendlies (28 February-1 March 2006) Indeed and good pick from kamei34 on Korea winning 1-0. :) Anyone for Finland? :lol ok so their reserves were bad but in truth they now play Belarus with full squad, Belarus can not change so many players as Finland who can change every player. Belarus played several of their better players v Greece and Finland must have a HUGE advantage. Roy Hodgson wants victory, I can smell it. I take Finland 10/10 @2.02 (edit 2.50 at Nordic) also Portugal -1.5 8/10 @2.08 GL Starting XI; Jussi Jääskeläinen Petri Pasanen Sami Hyypiä Toni Kuivasto Hannu Tihinen Joonas Kolkka Mika Väyrynen Aki Riihilahti Peter Kopteff Jari Litmanen © Mikael Forssell Bench; Mikko Kavén Tuomas Haapala Kari Arkivuo Pekka Lagerblom Toni Kallio Juho Mäkelä Miika Koppinen

Re: International Friendlies (28 February-1 March 2006) Galea, I admire your're loyalty to Finland!!! Belarus are just behind Finland in the FIFA rankings but Finland couldn't beat Kaz (137 in rankings) and Belarus beat Greece. Belarus, I think can win this. You are right though, that is a decent Finnish side. Good Luck.