ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb Hi guys, We continue with: ATP TOUR, MARSEILLE YOUZHNY TO D DE CHAUNAC @ 1.42 on Pinnacle Its always dangerous to bet against French players playing in France, as they somehow always play a level above in home tournaments. Just yesterday Gilles Simon (on whom we successfully bet last week in Challenger) defeated one of the players of the year in Jarkko Nieminen. Still we believe there is enough gap in class between De Chaunac (with highest-ever ranking of 152) and very talented Russian Michail Youzhny who always plays well indoors. www.WinningTipster.com

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb SERRA v Calleri @ 2.07 Pinnacle 2pts I think Serra looks a decent play here at odds against. He has started the year very strongly winning a tournament on hard courts in Australia and generally showing his solid baseline play. He know comes onto a surface where he has a lot success - going 37-13 on clay in the last 12 months and 8-3 in South America which I like. Calleri on the other hand is displaying some poor form - only winning 1 match in 4 tournaments this year including to Ginemo in Vina del Mar. H2H is 1-0 to Serra on clay last year with a straight sets win and this is enough to convince me that Serra should start as slight favourite.

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb PRODON v Ramirez-Hidalgo @ 2.62 Ladbrokes 2pts I'm making a play on this purely out of principle. These guys played in the 3rd round of qualifying yesterday and Prodon won in 3 sets. Hidalgo got in as a lucky loser. That took the H2H to 2-0 to Prodon and he has played well to come through qualifying and must be confident coming into this match. Hidalgo is playing well at the moment but perhpas it's time for him to have a dodgy tournament and I certainly don't think he should be this much of a favourite.

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb HAEHNEL v Mathieu @ 2.86 Pinnacle 2pts Well, Mathieu was tearing it up in Australia but I'm not sure he can back it up here. He has a very poor record on indoor hardcourts, going 1-3 last year and 4-7 since 2000. The only time he has done anything on this surface was in Merz in 2004 where he reached the semis before losing to Haehnel:). Mathieu is never the most consistant of performers and looks like he is worth opposing here. Haehnel really likes the indoor hard stuff, going 21-8 in the last 12 months and 42-17 since 2000. He has came through qualifying without dropping a set, and will come into this with confidence and being used to the surface, so I think he has a great chance.

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb SANTORO v Rusedski @ 1.61 Stan James 4pts How well is Santoro playing this year? It's unbelievable. Here he has beaten T Johansson and at a tournament he has won before I expect him to be very strong against Rusedski. Interestingly, Santoro is 9-1 in his last 10 matches against left handers and 24-9 since he start of 2000. That shows to me that he can deal with the lefty serve and that is what you need against Rusedski. I can see Santoro simy having too many angles and spins in this one - also Rusedskis slice backhand won't be as effective as it is against most players. STEPANEK v Mathieu @ 1.578 Pinnacle 4pts Mathieu had a lot of problems with my boy Haehnel today and that performance makes me think he's opposable again. Stepanek leads the H2H 2-0, both indoors, and I expect that to go to 3-0. Stepanek is a very solid indoor player and was very good in taking care of Berdych in the first round.

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb These ****ers are doing my head in:wall :wall

Stepanek looses 6-7, 3-6 :\ Has somebody infos how he played??? So now lets hope Santoro will do it.... Mr. I, what do you think about Clement, Phau and Vliegen? Are they worth backing?
In brief.... Clement v Verdasco is tough to call as I think Verdasco is a very decent indoor player. However, Clement at home and looks to be playing a bit better than last year. Read nothing into the Gasquet game as Richard clearly fell apart. One to leave alone but at as push Clement as you could easily call it 50/50. Phau v Wilson. How dare you go against a qualifier:lol :lol. Na, I've got no idea about Wilson, except he has now won 4 matches here without dropping a set which is good. My qualifiers system will be on Wilson but I'd never heard of the guy before this week so can't call it. Vliegen v Gimelstob. Gimelstob for me, more in a few minutes;).

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb GIMELSTOB v Vliegen @ 2.2 Bet365 2pts Pretty nice price on this one I feel in a match which would be easy to describe as 50/50. Gimelstob has a very nice record on indoor hardcourts going 13-5 in the last 12 months. He is a guy who plays most of his tennis in the USA and should feel at home in this one. He got to the semis here in his last visit in 2003 and clearly likes the conditions after coming through qualifying and the first round this year. He is clearly in good form reaching the semis of his last tournament in Dallas before losing a 3 setter to Kendrick. H2H is 1-0 to Gimelstob with a 2 set win in Scottsdale last year. Vliegen is a decent enough player who will also like the conditions but a win over Schuettler in the first round doesn't mean much to me. In the last 12 months he has an uninspiring record of 5-4 in North America and 4-4 on indoor hard courts and I think he is opposable today.

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb Phau v Wilson. How dare you go against a qualifier:lol :lol. Na, I've got no idea about Wilson, except he has now won 4 matches here without dropping a set which is good. My qualifiers system will be on Wilson but I'd never heard of the guy before this week so can't call it. Vliegen v Gimelstob. Gimelstob for me, more in a few minutes;). :-) Seems that we are on the opposite side at all those matches ;) Well, I will wait for your analysis then...

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb Hmm... Gimelstob showed a few wins yes, but he played against not very impressive names... On the other hand Vliegen was upsetting the one or the other good player recently... Taking into consideration that the odds are not tasty on Vliegen I will have to think it through again :) Do you really see this as a 50/50 match?

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb GROSJEAN v Youzhny @ 1.53 Centrebet 4pts Very impressed with the way Grosjean is playing this year - he is looking like the top 10 player he was a couple of years ago. At home I expect him to be very strong. H2H is 3-0 to Grosjean and seems very comprehensive with all victories coming in straight sets. This says to me that Grosjeans shot making ability frustrates Youzhny and as Youzhny doesn't seem to be in any kind of great form, I expect the same result today.

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb

Wilson's not a tip at all - he just qualified and qualifiers do better than they are expected to do:cow
Yes these bloody qualifiers.... They cost us so much....:loon But the odds are Ok on Phau here, if the odds would have been quite low I would agree and say no bet, but odds are worth a punt I think...

Hmm... Gimelstob showed a few wins yes, but he played against not very impressive names... On the other hand Vliegen was upsetting the one or the other good player recently... Taking into consideration that the odds are not tasty on Vliegen I will have to think it through again :) Do you really see this as a 50/50 match?
I don't think Vliegen has really beaten anyone good this year:
Feb 13 2006San Jose ATP (USA), Indoor Hard, Rank 74, Rating 1.81
Round of 32Def. Rainer Schuettler(96,1.34) (GER) 6-1 6-3
Jan 16 2006Australian Open GS (AUS), Hard Court, Rank 84, Rating 1.75
Round of 32Lost to Juan Ignacio Chela(51,2.72) (ARG) 6-1 6-4 6-4
Round of 64Def. (28)Fernando Verdasco(30,1.94) (ESP) 3-6 6-2 7-6(4) 7-5
Round of 128Def. Christophe Rochus(43,0.66) (BEL) 6-3 6-1 6-4
Jan 9 2006Sydney ATP (AUS), Hard Court, Seed (SE), Rank 87, Rating 1.75
Round of 32Lost to (q)Andreas Seppi(60,1.40) (ITA) 6-3 6-7(4) 6-3
Jan 2 2006Chennai ATP (IND), Hard Court, Rank 93, Rating 2.04
Semi FinalLost to (1)(WC)Ivan Ljubicic(9,3.37) (CRO) 6-3 3-6 7-6(6)
Quarter FinalDef. (4)Paradorn Srichaphan(42,2.10) (THA) 6-1 6-2
Round of 16Def. (6)Rainer Schuettler(88,1.30) (GER) 6-2 6-4
Round of 32Def. Yeu-Tzuoo Wang(100,0.66) (TPE) 6-3 6-2
Jimmy Wang, Schuettler twice. An injured Srichaphan who could barely walk. Yeah the game against Ljubicic was impressive. C Rochus easy. Verdasco had a lot of chances against him but choked completely. Yeah I definately think this close to 50/50. Gimelstob should be able to hold serve comfortably, question is will Vliegen be able to do the same. Possibly some tie breaks too;).

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb Well, a poor couple of days. Still optimistic about the outright action on Hewitt, Spadea and Acasuso. Marseille Outright GASQUET @ 26.00 Stan James E/W (1,2 1/2) 1pt E/W :@ LOST loss 2pts HAEHNEL v Mathieu @ 2.86 Pinnacle 2pts :@ LOST loss 2pts SANTORO v Rusedski @ 1.61 Stan James 4pts :D WON profit 2.84pts STEPANEK v Mathieu @ 1.578 Pinnacle 4pts :@ LOST loss 4pts GIMELSTOB v Vliegen @ 2.2 Bet365 2pts :@ LOST loss 2pts GROSJEAN v Youzhny @ 1.53 Centrebet 4pts :D WON profit 2.12pts W/L = 1/3 Staked = 26pts Profit = -8.04pts Yield = -30.92%

Aye' date=' sorry if I put you off. But there was a tiebreak, and Gimelstob managed to take it to 3 sets:sad[/quote'] Hey thats OK mate, it was very close though... it could have gome either way so your nearly 50/50 prediction was perfectly right :ok Luckily it was a quite nice day in Tennis for me I got 4/4, Santoro, Grosjean, Phau, Clement ... what a surprise... maybe better times are beginning....

Good Luck Im having an outright bet with a view to hedging as the player progress"s on JOSE ACASUSO [ Copa Telmex] 0.50pt EW @ 8-1 [VChandler] Home player who is in fine form,and in my opinion is the next huge Clay star in tennis.
Latest Acasuso is through to the Quarter Finals You can now hedge @ 3.15 on Betfair to guarantee 1.76pts Profit:notworthy

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb Will Ljubicic win 2-0 vs Ancic? YES @ 2.11 Pinnacle 2pts I think this offer of above evens is generous and should be accepted. Twice these two have met and Ljubicic has plevailed in straight sets both times. It's quite simple, Ljubicic is far too solid. He serves more consistantly and is better eqipped from the back. Ancic will give him a dodgy service game or two per set and Ljubicic will be able to take advantage. Will Santoro win 2-0 vs Clement? NO @ 1.704 Pinnacle 4pts Well I think Santoro is quite overrated in this one. Both these guys are playing well it appears and no way Santoro should be so short. However, I'm not convinced Clement can get over the line but it should be tight so I think this is a good option. H2H is 2-1 to Santoro with both his wins coming in very tight matches on clay. The only time they've played on indoor hard courts Clement destroyed Santoro (in Merz). This shouldn't be any more than 1.50 IMO.

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb After yesterday´s close result of Vliegen vs. Gimelstob I would expect another close match vs. Spadea today. Since I think that Spadea has more quality than Gimelstob I would prefer Spadea here. Not high stakes but medium might be acceptable. Acasuso is on fire at the moment. I might try him with low stakes. Is Starace able to upset another big name? I do not know what to do with Soderling... What do you think Mr. I?