ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb

ATP Marseille Open 13: (1) NADAL, Rafael ESP vs. ROCHUS, Olivier BEL (WC) SIMON, Gilles FRA vs.NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA vs.Qualifier BERDYCH, Tomas CZE vs. (7) STEPANEK, Radek CZE (4) JOHANSSON, Thomas SWE vs. SANTORO, Fabrice FRA Qualifer vs. RUSEDSKI, Greg GBR MELZER, Jurgen AUT vs. VERDASCO, Fernando ESP (WC) CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA vs. (5) GASQUET, Richard FRA (8) GROSJEAN, Sebastien FRA vs. MONFILS, Gael FRA Qualifier vs. YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS HENMAN, Tim GBR vs. (WC) SIDORENKO, Alexandre FRA ROCHUS, Christophe BEL vs. (3) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS (6) ANCIC, Mario CRO vs. BAGHDATIS, Marcos CYP Qualifier vs. LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP DENT, Taylor USA vs. ANDREEV, Igor RUS SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn THA vs. (2) LJUBICIC, Ivan CRO WOW!!! What a draw! This tournament looks like an absolute cracker. Shame no outright prices out yet. ATP Buenos Aires: (1) Nalbandian (ARG) vs Martín (ESP) Pashanski (SCG) vs (WC) Brzezicki (ARG) Behrend (GER) vs Berlocq (ARG) Vicente (ESP) vs (6) Volandri (ITA) (4) Acasuso (ARG) vs Montañés (ESP) Mello (BRA) vs Qualifier Marín (CRC) vs Sabau (RUM) Calleri (ARG) vs (7) Serra (FRA) (8) Chela (ARG) vs Horna (PER) Mónaco (ARG) vs Starace (ITA) (WC) Kuerten (BRA) vs Saretta (BRA) (WC) Del Potro (ARG) vs (3) Ferrero (ESP) (5) Moya (ESP) vs Qualifier Daniel (BRA) vs Massú (CHI) Qualifier vs Qualifier Vanek (CHE) vs (2) Coria (ARG) Nalbandian looks strong - possibly Coria too. Anyone know why he wasn't involved in Davis Cup?:unsure ATP San Jose: (1)RODDICK, Andy USA v GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP DLOUHY, Lukas CZE v CARLSEN, Kenneth DEN SAULNIER, Cyril FRA v PHAU, Bjorn GER (Q) v (8) KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO (4)ROBREDO, Tommy ESP v (WC) PHILIPPOUSSIS, Mark AUS PAVEL, Andrei ROM v SODERLING, Robin SWE MURRAY, Andy GBR v (WC)FISH, Mardy USA WANG, Yeu-Tzuoo TPE v (5) BLAKE, James USA (7) TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS v BJORKMAN, Jonas SWE ARTHURS, Wayne AUS v REYNOLDS, Bobby USA JOHANSSON, Joachim SWE v (Q) GOLDSTEIN, Paul USA v (3)HEWITT, Lleyton AUS (6)HANESCU, Victor ROM v (Q) SCHUETTLER, Rainer GER v VLIEGEN, Kristof BEL (Q) v SPADEA, Vincent USA (WC)JENKINS, Scoville USA v (2)AGASSI, Andre USA Maybe a decent price on Blake with the problems Roddick has:unsure. Good luck Pim Pim:ok. WTA Antwerp: (1) Kim Clijsters - bye Tatiana Golovin - (WC) Kirsten Flipkens Virginie Razzano - Dinara Safina Katarina Srebotnik - (8) Francesca Schiavone (3) Mary Pierce - bye Klara Koukalova - Lucie Safarova Anabel Medina Garrigues - Marta Domachowska (WC) Daniela Hantuchova - (5) Elena Dementieva (7) Venus Williams - (Q) qualifier (Q) qualifier - (Q) qualifier Ana Ivanovic - Roberta Vinci (4) Nadia Petrova - bye (6) Patty Schnyder - (WC) Michaella Krajicek Kveta Peschke - (Q) qualifier Iveta Benesova - Maria Vento-Kabchi (2) Amélie Mauresmo - bye Kimmy at home?:unsure

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb I like James Blakes draw in San Jose, nothing in his half should scare him if he's on his game. Nalbandian looks to have a decent draw too in Buenos Aires. If Gasquet can continue his improvement from the Davis Sup then i fancy him over the out of practice Nadal in Marseille

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb

I like James Blakes draw in San Jose, nothing in his half should scare him if he's on his game. Nalbandian looks to have a decent draw too in Buenos Aires. If Gasquet can continue his improvement from the Davis Sup then i fancy him over the out of practice Nadal in Marseille
Aye, Gasquet surprisingly looked back to the form of the middle of last year against Haas and should be strong. I think Robredo could scare Blake a little bit:wall :wall (Blake needs revenge:@ :@ )

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb Marseille Outright GASQUET @ 26.00 Stan James E/W (1,2 1/2) 1pt E/W I've very willing to back Gasquet at this price in a high class field. He showed in the match against Haas that he is able to serve properly and from the back he was awesome. He looks to be close to the form he was in, in the middle of last year. Expect his to be very pumped up for this week and may have even a little added support after his showing in the Davis Cup. He is in a decent part of the draw, with Clement first up who shouldn't pose too many problems. T Johansson is the danger in his quarter but he's coming back from a beating in Argentina so not sure how much he'll be up for this one. Nadal is a possible semi final opponent but don't know at all what to expect from him coming back from injury. Anyway, I think on this fast surface in France Gasquet would havew a very good shot at beating Nadal.

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb Buenos Aires Outright NALBANDIAN @ 4.00 Bet365 2pts Clearly Coria and Nalbandian and Coria are the class of this field and I prefer to take Nalbandian, especially at a higher price. Nalbandian has a very nice draw, the top half in fact looks very nice. The only worry for me is Acasuso, but that wouldn't be until the semis and Acasuso could be tired by then (after winning in Vina del Mar and playing Davis Cup). Anyway, would still fancy Nalbandian for that. The bottom half looks a little more tricky, with spaniards Ferrero and Moya the main threats to Coria. Especially Moya, who has a good record here and has beaten Coria here. If Coria still continues to struggle on serve the big hitters could take advantage and that makes him vunerable, even on clay. Nalbandian was playing very well in Australia and played good stuff in Davis Cup after a good start, and I fancy him to take the title this week.

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb SIMON v Nieminen @ 3.5 Stan James 2pts Simon has started this year on fire after a very poor end to last year and I think he can pick up another big win here. He lost poorly in the 2nd round in Poland last week but that was after reaching the final of a Challenger in France the week before so we can excuse him that. He did well at this tournament last year, qualifying then beating T Johansson before losing a tight one to J Johansson. This year he's been given a wildcard. Nieminen had a great run in Australasia but perhaps he is struggling for form in Europe - in Zagreb he beat Starace in 3 before losing to Youzhny. I certainly think that Simon has a chance in this one, and at these odds is worth a go. BERLOCQ v Behrend @ 1.61 Coral 4pts Behrend is on an awful run, going 2-8 in his last 10 matches and losing tamely last week. In fact, he has lost tamely a lot - he hasn't won a set in his last 4 matches. He also has had a bad run in South America, going 1-4 in the last 12 months. Berlocq also lost in the 1st round in Vina del Mar, but that was in a tight 3 setter against qualifier Friedl. Berlocq is 20-11 in South America in the last 12 months and certainly more used to the conditions. At home I expect him to have a big edge in this one.

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb Good Luck Im having an outright bet with a view to hedging as the player progress"s on JOSE ACASUSO [ Copa Telmex] 0.50pt EW @ 8-1 [VChandler] Home player who is in fine form,and in my opinion is the next huge Clay star in tennis.

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb San Jose Outright SPADEA @ 34.00 Ladbrokes E/W (1/2, 1,2) 1pt E/W Ladbrokes have just priced this up with Agassi and Hanescu still in - they have pulled out and that leaves the bottom quarter wide open. I think Spadea has a great chance to progress - he showed some solid form in Delray Beach and I think he has every chance of making the semis at least. San Jose Outright HEWITT @ 5.5 Ladbrokes E/W (1/2 1,2) 2pt E/W Again Ladrokes with Agasssi and Hanescu still in the market. Hewitt is in the 3rd quarter and looks alright - dangers are J Johansson and Tursunov but neither can be relied on and Hewitt has a great chance. He's a former winner here and has had 3 weeks to get over the problems that he had in Australia. Great each way chance here.

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb Buenos Aires Outright ACASUSO @ 8.00 Bet365 E/W (1,2 1/2) 2pts E/W Bloody hell, Nalbandian withdraws. Anyway, that leaves the top half really open and Acaususo should be very strong. He won the tournament in Vina del Mar then tores the Swedes apart in Davis Cup. The only issue here with him is tiredness - however, he is at home, so hopefully that will pull him through. Good each way chance with the top half looking very weak.

Isn't Rule 4 applied in tennis in such a case, Mr I?
T, I've got no idea what Rule 4 is:lol Been reading on bet365 and I think they apply something, sometimes, when someone withdraws priced lower than 9.00. But they don't if it's a 5p Rule 4:\ :\ :\. So maybe the price on Acaususo isn't as great as 8.00:tongue2. I know Nalbandian is void. Going to have a look on Ladbrokes to see what they do....

Tennis A Tennis match is deemed to have started with the first serve of the match. Once a player has started playing in a tournament, bets will stand on them for outright tournament betting purposes. If they then withdraw for any reason outright bets will be settled as losers. Match betting If one player withdraws or is disqualified and the match has already started the player progressing to the next round will be considered the winner. If the match has not yet started all bets will be void. In the event of a change to playing surface, venue or change from indoor court to outdoor and vice versa, all bets stand. Correct Set betting The full number of sets required to win the match must be completed. If a player is awarded the match prior to the full number of sets being completed, all Correct Set betting on that match will be void. Bet In Play - Game by Game betting A game is defined as an ordinary game (not a tie break) which is completed on the same day that it commenced. This bet is available as singles only. There are eight possible results for a game: Server wins to love Server wins to 15 Server wins to 30 Server wins to deuce Receiver wins to love Receiver wins to 15 Receiver wins to 30 Receiver wins to deuce If a game is completed after an interruption for any reason and is completed on the same day, that game shall be deemed to be complete for betting purposes. Any bets on games which are not concluded at the end of play for that day, will be made void. If a game is completed by the awarding of a penalty point by the umpire, the game shall be deemed to be complete. However if a game is completed by the awarding of a penalty game by the umpire, the game shall be void, and all stakes shall be returned. If a player retires from a match while a game is in progress, but before that game has been completed, that game shall be deemed to be incomplete and all stakes shall be returned. Bets on a game which subsequently becomes a Tie Break, will be settled as void. Handicap betting This bet is based on the number of games each player wins in a given match. E.g. a player given a 3.5 game start on the handicap, who loses 7-6, 7-6, 7-6, would be the winner for handicap betting purposes. If a player is awarded the match prior to the full number of sets being completed, all handicap bets on that match will be void. Total games Bet on whether the total number of games in a match will be over or under a particular number, e.g. 21 or less/ 22 or over. If a player is awarded the match prior to the full number of sets being completed, all total games bets on that match will be void.
Those are Ladbrokes Tennis rules. No mention of a Rule 4. They now have a market up without Agassi. But Hewitt still 5.50 which is a bit weird:unsure.

Rule 4 is used mainly in horse racing where if there's a NR, all other runners' prices are subject to deduction (depending on the price of that NR). Doesn't look like it in this case.
Cheers mate. Bloody horses:lol :lol Just noticed from this morning....
Good Luck Im having an outright bet with a view to hedging as the player progress"s on JOSE ACASUSO [ Copa Telmex] 0.50pt EW @ 8-1 [VChandler] Home player who is in fine form,and in my opinion is the next huge Clay star in tennis.
Nice one Striker:ok

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb Looks like you've chosen the worst book in this case - Stan James rules

Outright betting: All in compete or not.
Again, no mention of Rule 4. And Acasuso\s price was the same over there;) Poor luck:( Hope it will at least help you in the future;)

Again, no mention of Rule 4. And Acasuso\s price was the same over there;) Poor luck:( Hope it will at least help you in the future;)
Aye, no luck:(. So will that be 25p off the profit or off the return if it happens?:unsure (If he makes it to the final I'll let Paul ork it out for Sports-Punter:lol )

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb Berlocq was very poor but Simon got the job done:ok SIMON v Nieminen @ 3.5 Stan James 2pts :D WON profit 5pts BERLOCQ v Behrend @ 1.61 Coral 4pts :@ LOST loss 4pts W/L = 1/1 Staked = 6pts Profit = 1pt Yield = 16.67% And I'm actually up on Sports-Punter for February:lol

Re: ATP Marseille/Buenos Aires/San Jose & WTA Antwerp 13th-19th Feb Hi guys, We start the week with the following two picks: ATP TOUR, SAP OPEN, SAN JOSE GIMELSTOB TO D REHNQUIST @ 1.41 on pinnacle WTA TOUR, BANGALORE MIRZA TO D MULLER @ 1.19 on betfair Justin Gimelstob is probably one of the most underachieving players on the tour. With big serve and strong attacking baseline game, he is having a lot of success in Challengers but was never able to make a successful transfer to the very top level. But most importantly, Gimelstob played Rehnquist just yesterday (!) in the last round of qualifying (winning the match 6:3, 6:2) making it a 3:1 total H2H record Home player Sania Mirza is a defending champion. Mirza will try to defend her points and home crowd will give her another push, if needed. She is a clear favourite against an out-of-form Muller who has a 2-4 record in 2006. www.WinningTipster.com