Goal Poker and anything to do with it

morlspin

Re: Goal Poker and anything to do with it Of course you'll have to stump up £10k to be kept by an independent ajudicator just in case you don't make it to the final table (an unlikely event I am sure). One more thing, if you come within the top two, you can change your name from GoalPoker back to Graeme, or anything else you might fancy.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Goal Poker and anything to do with it

Come on GotaFancy. This is getting a bit silly. To quote you, "You can't specially invite someone, give them the password, then say that you didn't really mean to invite them because they haven't deposited!!!". Where did i say, we didn't invite them? The fact is ChelskiRed did not win a seat to Ibiza. Other freerollers have and we look to forward to welcoming them in ibiza as we will welcome ChelskiRed if he qualifies! I have come onto this forum in good faith to sort out legitimate teething issues like customer service (which are already getting better). Julian
Julian - First off - many thanks for being here and for trying to deal with the issues - it IS appreciated, and just your presence is a huge step forward. However, I'm afraid I just cannot agree with you. The Facts as I see them are that a password was emailed out to all registered users, of whom Chelski was one. This email advertised a freeroll in which the top 3 would receive the same prize (not an Ibiza trip but progression to the next round of the tourney). Once the top 3 were hit therefore, there was nothing to play for (in the minds of the players) and this situation in Poker usually becomes an all in fest. AFTER the tourney had been played (some considerable time after) Goalpoker decided not to "pay out" the top 3 as had been advertised, but instead to just give the winner a trip to Ibiza (an upgrade for the winner - a downgrade for 2nd and 3rd). The winner could have been ANY of the 3 given they thought they were not playing for anything. Now you have told Chelski that he has to accept the downgrade because he has not deposited with you, but that if he had have done you may have been able to help!! I don't view the downgrade as reasonable for the 2nd and 3rd place players, because it was done AFTER the event and I don't feel that the downgrade/being able to help, being conditional on whether the players have deposited is reasonable as deposits had nothing to do with the original promotion. I'll be honest - it's a tricky one and I don't know how you can resolve it - obviously the Ibiza holiday for the winner is a massive upgrade - but if the terms of the promotion were that there was no difference between 1st, 2nd and 3rd, then that is IMO the way it should have been dealt with and not changed AFTER the event!!

Re: Goal Poker and anything to do with it Feel the need to weigh in on this one even though I haven't yet played on GP..... If you advertise a prize pool as x, and then change it after the tournament has been completed, even if it's a freeroll, that's a horribly bad way of building trust. I understand it's more likely an administrative/organisational mistake, as oppose to being deliberately deceitful. But the state of the industry right now is that every poker site based in some random offshore location without any kind of particularly useful regulatory oversight - so trust is all there is, it's crucially important and it's hands down the biggest issue that'll dictate the success or failure of a provider. I've seen similar things happen a few times before, mistakes in the prize pool. A good for instance is Betfairs NY trip tourney just before christmas. It wasn't even clear that they had misrepresented the prize pool, it was just a case of the language being SLIGHTLY ambiguous in one of their emails - but so that there could be zero doubt that they were a trustworthy provider, they paid out an extra £8000. I understand GP is new and likely doesn't have as much disposable capital, but I don't think you can put too high a price on building player trust - that £8000 probably bought them more good publicity than £80,000 spent on ads. Chelski thought he was playing for top three - I don't know if you've played these satellites but when you hit that bubble mark, everybody pushes all-in. There is ZERO skill involved in winning vs coming third, it's a formality so players can close the table. IMO you owe him much more than nothing considering his position was chipleader going into that scenario and he acted based on the incorrect information you provided.

Re: Goal Poker and anything to do with it I have to admit I wasn't going to post on this again but having just got in and read my E-mails, I thought i would share the following with you. For obvious reasons i cant divulge the senders details but it does go some way to endorsing what i have been saying............................ Team wrote:

Hi *************
We are sorry if you are a little confused about the GP world cup of poker prize.
Actually you are qualified for the next round that should lead you to the quarter-final…
We are organising the prize, which would be announced soon.
All I can say, it is that the winners can not be disappointed since it is an amazing surprise.
We will contact you as soon as we can provide more information.
Do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can do
Regards
Goalpoker Team
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent:
To:
Team
Subject:
RE: Prize announcement
Hi,
I won the GP 88888888 special world cup game and id like to clarify what ive actually won......
Ive had a couple of emails and im very confused, from what i received on 888888888 night, i beleived i won entry to the quarter final stage and an unknown prize.
Is this right?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Team
wrote:
Hi *************,
The prize will be announced before the next round.
We will provide you more accurate information ASAP.
However there are a lot of great other tournaments, like the footy cash.
Regards
The team
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any one like to comment? ;)
Regards to GaF and Guess, but i think your :wall

Re: Goal Poker and anything to do with it THIS IS WORRYING.......... MESSAGE 2 REPLY Dear Mr. Morl, Thank you very much for your email. Let us inform you that we have checked your account and it seems that you have not qualified for this prize yet. Your records show that you have ranked 47th and 53rd at this tournament. Just as a clarification, if you win at one of these tournaments you obtain a prize for you and a friend. Thanks for playing at Goal Poker! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We're here for you! Sincerely, Anayuri Team Goal ~ Customer Support [email protected] "Be a player..." MESSAGE 2--Original Message-- From: Date: 04/01/06 To: [email protected] Subject: RE:World Cup of Poker, Ibiza Games [#2383025] Hi, Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, can you just confirm for me that i have qualified for the Ibiza trip. Graeme MESSAGE 1 REPLY [email protected] wrote: Dear Graeme, Thank you for your email. Regarding your concerns please let us kindly inform you that you are only aloud to win the Ibiza trip once because this is only for a one time only and one person. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for playing at Goal Poker! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We're here for you! Sincerely, Nicole Team Goal ~ Customer Support [email protected] "Be a player..." MESSAGE 1--Original Message-- From: Date: 04/01/06 To: [email protected] Subject: World Cup of Poker, Ibiza Games[#2383025] Hi Are you allowed to win more than once for the Ibiza Trip, so i can take myself and 3 guests, or is it only 1 win per person... Thanks Graeme

Re: Goal Poker and anything to do with it Dear Mr. Morl, Thank you for your email. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience and please let us inform you that we have checked our account and it does appears as if you won this tournament. Congratulation and remember that for these prize you obtain a prize for you and your friend also, so that you can both enjoy it. Thanks for playing at Goal Poker! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We're here for you! Sincerely, Nicole Team Goal ~ Customer Support [email protected] "Be a player..." AFTER SENDING MY SCREENSHOT AS PROOF, IM IN....FOR HOW LONG! IM SOOOOO WORRIED ABOUT THIS, I CANT BELEIVE THEM, ITS 1 STEP FORWARD AND 2 STEPS BACK

cheers slick and is it 1 rps per buyin game u play or u hhave to win it and do u get more rps for playin higher buyins?? cos i need to get loads of rps quick to get into the tourny
higher u play, more u get...remember there is a game tomorrow incase u miss tonights

cheers slick and is it 1 rps per buyin game u play or u hhave to win it and do u get more rps for playin higher buyins?? cos i need to get loads of rps quick to get into the tourny
I think in sng's it works out 1 point per 25c of buy in fee i.e. 4 points for a $10 + $1. That's a lot of poker to squeeze in this weekend.

Re: Goal Poker and anything to do with it im not in the next champions league qualifier like slik mick morl etc even tho I did win a qualifier in dec and received confirmation of this should I not be entered ?????????? Hi Andy,

Congratulations! You’re one step closer to a place at the final table and a chance to be flown VIP to Paris on May 17th for the Champions League Final.

We’ll send you a mail with entry details for the knockout stages of the Champions League of Poker in the New Year.

Thanks for playing Goalpoker,

Cheers,

The Goalpoker Team