** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Goal Poker and anything to do with it

morlspin

Re: Goal Poker

so does anybody know how many are actually going to ibiza with goalpoker?' date=' gonna be great to actually meet up with some of the guys (and gals?) who play regularly,and what do you think of GP`s decision to open up the champion`s league qualifiers to everybody,considering most of america doesnt even know what football is[/quote'] :welcome Teaulc From what i was told, there would be 50 winners + 50 guests, and the goal poker staff On the NUFC tickets issue, goal poker dude has already said that they are charging now and including the fees in the prize winnings, so i dont know why people are complaining, your getting free tickets and money as a prize now, and ur not gettin freeloaders playing....seems good to me! Oh and im going to ibiza too

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Goal Poker would just like to say to goal poker,thankyou for getting back to me with regards to ibiza party,,i would to like to take this opportunity to say to all goalpoker staff please keep up the good work and hope that you will continue the football prizes throughout the summer.on a different frame well done to my son and his team for doing the league an cup double,they have been undefeated all season and won the cup final today 12- 1,total 107 goals in 12 games

Re: Goal Poker GOAL POKER/MAXIM MAG IBIZA FREEROLLS! Thats right....no need to stump up $15 to play in these 4 freerolls announced in Maxims May Issue page 157 for passwords Basically its as follows 4 freerolls in April, dates as follows 4/4/06 11/4/06 18/4/06 25/4/06 Which are all tuesdays at 8pm 1. Sign up to Goal Poker 2. Find Tourney and enter Password 3. Finish in top 5 of these 4 freerolls to qualify for the grand final 4. The top 4 in the grand final will be going to Ibiza SIMPLE AS THAT!!

Re: Goal Poker well my bruv has just won tonights word cup I will try and get him to come here so more plers on plane I was watching him and think he did pretty well as It was obvious the other 2 (when 3 left) were colluding as they never bet against each other in over 50 hands . he now thinks he is as good as me:loon :loon

Re: Goal Poker Hello, Information on the next rounds of the CLOP will be emailed to winers of the previous round over the next fe days. I do know however, that if you were in the top three (you will be emailed) of the knockout stage you get one free entry into any of the weekly quarter-finals starting on 30th March. From now on, we are running with 9 entries minimum for a tourney to go ahead ( I see ony 5 runners in the NUFC tourney - I also see that MORLSPIN, you came last!! Heads-Up champion eh? I feel a little heads-up online tourney coming on. You versus me :-) ). Last weeks special Tourneys (NUFC and WCOP) had buy-ins as we wanted to see which of out players are genuine and which are purely playing on GoalPoker.com for the freebies. This week the buy-ins are going to be a nominal amount of player points. You can't argue with that (well you can but I won't listen)! You play on our site, and we will keep rewarding you with added value. Anyway, work to do. ChelskiRed, email me with your queries ([email protected]) and i'll have a look. Apologies if you have done this before - humour me and I will take a look and give you a response ASAP. Thanks for playing on GP. Julian

:welcome Teaulc From what i was told, there would be 50 winners + 50 guests, and the goal poker staff On the NUFC tickets issue, goal poker dude has already said that they are charging now and including the fees in the prize winnings, so i dont know why people are complaining, your getting free tickets and money as a prize now, and ur not gettin freeloaders playing....seems good to me! Oh and im going to ibiza too
I agree Morlspin - I won the World Cup qualifier on sat night and as well as the trip to Ibiza won $109 - there were 8 players who paid $15 so I would say its more than fair enough.

Re: Goal Poker i would just like to say no problems with paying to win nufc tickets,,i just have a problem with the champions league tourney,,as it is no longer password protected it makes it very hard for the uk players to win through as all the americans etc are just playing for the cash prize and not for the ultimate prize,they do not even know most of them what uefa champs league is all about,now i have spent my money and tried my hardest,and will still try if at all possible,but please think of your regular uk players. sorry for the gripe had to get it off my chest,,some will agree some wont,thats life apart from that goalpoker is the best poker site i have played on and the friendliest,,lets keep it that way, and fenners my two friends were not colluding just playing their hands as they saw it,i have never known les to cheat and also fivetimes took les out. congrats to ur bruv on his win

Re: Goal Poker Don't worry MorlSpin - we'll make our heads-up a freeroll (more for my sake than yours - i can't play cash on the site anyway). On the special tournaments ,the thing is, we are going to make if PlayerPoints. I want to keep the cost of these things at a minimum for the punter. However, the tourneys are there to reward player loyalty too. It isn't commercially viable to keep having great prize-tourneys when a few of the players in them aren't depositing. The Playerpoint total in order to play these tourneys will be derisory - however, at least in order to earn one player point, you would've had to deposit and played a little. Julian

Don't worry MorlSpin - we'll make it a freeroll (more for my sake than yours - i can't play cash on the site anyway). Thing is, we are going to make if PlayerPoints. I want to keep the cost of these things at a minimum for the punter. However, the tourneys are there to reward player loyalty too. It isn't commercially viable to keep having great prize-tourneys when a few of the players in them aren't depositing. The Playerpoint total in order to play these tourneys will be derisory - however, at least in order to earn one player point, you would've had to deposit and played a little. Julian
Yeah but as im finding at the minute, playing your 5c/10c and 10c/20c cash games, im getting called by people with nothing landing straits or flushes on the river, it dont matter how i play my hands, im getting idiots rivering me, and i simply dont have the money to play the better standard poker in the $2 and $ 4 blind games...id like to..just cant afford to! Keeping the NUFC and Ibiza tourneys as cash games...will also mean they have to deposit before playing surely? Player Points will mean again, idiots can join in....not true fans or uk based players...just my 2 pence worth 1 question tho....why is clearing the bonus on goalpoker so damn hard...to rake 50c per hand, means a pot of almost $10...again impossible to do if im playing low stakes. Im a tourney player, as opposed to cash games, and im finding it a real struggle Apart from that, im still looking for a new job....10 years customer service experience here, and the respect of the poker world..what more could u ask for haha:ok

Re: Goal Poker i quite agree with morlspin,the bonus is very hard to get,too late now,how about including money spent on entering tourneys rather than having too rely so much on raked hands, i dont have endless cash like anyone else but it would be nice to be rewarded for that extra bit of loyalty to goalpoker,

Re: Goal Poker Received this today

Dear Sir,

Goalpoker would like to apologize for the misunderstanding on the email we sent you this morning regarding the Champions League of poker. You have Qaulified for the 1/8 Final Stage of the tournament not the ¼ semi final Stage that will be hosted throughout the period of the 30th to the 21st of April.

Once again the team at Goalpoker would like to apologize for this mistake. For Further information please email the [email protected]

Good Luck and be a player

Team at Goalpoker

From: Ted [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of [email protected] Sent: 27 March 2006 10:46 Subject: Query regarding Champions League of Poker (original mail)

Dear Sir

Goalpoker would like to apologise for the delay in replying to the various replies and queries you have sent, regarding the GP Champions League of Poker, and your qualification to the 1/4final stage. As you may be aware this is an international competition that takes a lot of precision to plan each stage.

Regarding your query from the 30th march the 1/4 final stage will begin, as qualifiers to the this stage Goalpoker will allow you one free entry into any of our 8 ¼ Final Stages starting on the 30-th March to the 21 April, to suit your convenience. Win one of these tournaments and you will be through to the semi final stage just one step away from the final live table

Goalpoker would like to apologise once more, we hope that this reply is satisfactory to your queries. For any more information please email the [email protected]

Good Luck & Be a player

Team at Goalpoker.com

So all the confusion sorted out :wall and still no news on my world cup win.

I think we may be getting there slowly but surely (I hope).

Re: Goal Poker You will get there in the end. We won't get too many folks from the US playing in these tourneys simply because the travel aspect of the prizes is UK only. Re your playing on very low limit tables, you are quite right. People will call all the way to the river with their pair of two's with an Ac,Kc,Qc flop! The beginners have to start somewhere. The simple truth is, that to avoid this play, you do have to move up a limit on this site as in any other, or just wait for bullets, move all-in preflop, and hope they hold up. Raked hands do include tourneys - however, they are harder to accumulate, because only the tourney fee goes towards points. Re: rewarding loyalty to goalpoker, we are! Just need to play more. Cheers guys, will respond on the CLoP comments (re US punters) soon.

. Re your playing on very low limit tables, you are quite right. People will call all the way to the river with their pair of two's with an Ac,Kc,Qc flop! The beginners have to start somewhere. The simple truth is, that to avoid this play, you do have to move up a limit on this site as in any other, or just wait for bullets, move all-in preflop, and hope they hold up. Raked hands do include tourneys - however, they are harder to accumulate, because only the tourney fee goes towards points. Re: rewarding loyalty to goalpoker, we are! Just need to play more.
1 point is gained for every $10 pot 100 points gives you $10 back 1000 points clears your bonus of $100 1000 x $10 = $10,000 needs to be played in hands you see to the flop in order to receive $100 bonus.....if i could afford to play 10k worth of hands, i wouldnt give a toss about bonuses....sites like sporting odds, and most boss media games, have the bonus at ANY raked hand....therefore, keeping us playing and giving us something in return. So far ive deposited $100 on goal poker, and played a few hours worth of cash games, and got......7 raked hands! cos the pots werent big enough. So really the simple truth is...i could play non stop on tables i can afford to play on, and never reach the bonus....surely its for more high stakes players as opposed to us lower stakes? Boss media treat all players the same, and hense will receive more of our play

Re: Goal Poker I toally agree with you Morls. Whilst Goal maybe looking to hook the larger players I think sites like SO given the average player much much more for their money. I used to play 3000 hands per month on SO but my responsibilties have changed so I can't do that anymore. But I think that new sites like Goal should know exactly where the potential market is. Just my tuppence.

Re: Goal Poker probably lol But it makes good business sense...the high rollers are gonna play anyway..u know that But its a massive market to secure the lower stakes players..if im on a site i enjoy and i know that by playing, ill receive a bonus at the end of the month, then im gonna stick with them Goal Poker has a good setup. Decent players, but dosent really offer much of an incentive to the smaller stakes player. Now i know you have already said its being looked into, so i wont go on, but in all honesty, u could clean up if its changed

Re: Goal Poker Hi Morl, Apologies if this has been covered before...... and is a even a little off subject The amount of money you need to risk in order to qualify for signup bonuses is complicated by whether the rules are that you only qualify for the rake points when you contribute to the pot, rather than the much friendlier line that you qualify simply by receiving cards. If its the friendly latter mechanism on Goal Poker (is it?) then playing 10-person $1/$2 limit tables should mean you have to risk very much less of your own money. Suppose you just contribute the SB and BB and never bet - you'd spend $1.50 and in an ideal situation where every pot got good action and reaction you'd end up with 10 rake points, so 100 rake points would cost you $15. In reality, lets say 7/10 hands at this level produce a $10 pot then and therefore 100 rake points would cost $28 - which means you lose $13. :loon (Hope my maths is somewhere near right). However, being a PLr, you are almost certainly a better player than Joe Average on $1/$2 limit tables and should expect that at least you will average winning SB+BB every round , so the bonus should be at the very least "free" - every 140 hands or so you should get $10. In fact the availability of the bonus is one incentive to try and play $1/$2 games - if you don't at least break even then theres something amiss in your strategy. Some sites are easier than others it must be admitted - I've never been able to crack InterPoker $1/$2 tables for some reason - their bonus is one where you have to contribute money to a hand to qualify for the rake. IMHO Nordic is easy, SO is easy. SO was the best for collecting raked hands on the 0.25/0.50 turkish money tables - only needed a small rake for a hand to count and they had/have 6 person tables playing in turkish money (less real money required to be put at risk) - and (no disrespect intended to any Turks sensible enough to subscribe to PL ;) ) the standard of play is prehistoric. On I wish SO would bring back some competitions based on raked hands. Of course there are some sites that are oh so friendly in giving you the bonus for virtually no risk by having low limits on what makes a hand qualify for counting - we all took SO's free money and Nordics free money :ok . I personally prefer the mechanism used on P4E were then give you partial points if the rake doesn't qualify for a full point. So if the pot reaches $10 rather than $20 (which generates 1 rake point) then you end up with .5 of a point or if it reaches $7 you end up with 0.35 rake points. The big downside to playing fixed limit tables of course is that its so BORING. You turn into a Zombie playing it! I very rarely lose at low level limit tables (say up tp $1/$2) just by playing to a formula - if I could stand it all I should be doing all day is playing low fixed limit ($0.25/$0.50) tables rather than MTTsl. You get the bad beats, but these are offset by you catching cards yourself on the turn/river and the fact that you get loads of bad players on these tables who will go beyong the swich point (once the turn card has been dealt) on a wing and a prayer - and never seem to categorise the other players. One of the big secrets (IMHO) of playing fixed limit tables is the use of IMPLIED ODDS rather than REAL ODDS - implied odds mean you stay after the flop, or after the turn/river based on what you'll expect to see in the pot AFTER the turn of the card(s) rather that whats in the pot when you make your bet. Thats why you see so many more people staying to see whether the turn will fill their inside straight - or whether the turn will convert their 22 into trips - or whether the turn and river will make their flush. Thiey do it because it makes sound economic sense - its particularly worth stretching to see the turn card. Limit is the domain of bad beats. :ok

Re: Goal Poker Cheers Phil, Ill certainly look into a few games on the higher stakes tables, but im sure that goal pokers raked hands is the less friendly one. You must contribute to the pot and see the flop....then it has to be over $10 at the end to gain 1 point, which is a lil hard for me to do.... Im currently playing on poker.co.uk to clear that bonus, which is everyhand you see a flop on, regardless of the pot...as long as they rake 5c you get a point, which i my eyes, is a godsend, as i aint a rich man