Golf - Johnnie Walker Classic Thurs 9th - Sun 12th

looking at the past winners of this, this will take some winning:

2005Johnnie Walker Classic Pine Valley Golf Resort & CC, Beijing,Adam SCOTT € 1,846,750
2004Johnnie Walker Classic Alpine G & SC,Miguel Angel JIMÉNEZ € 1,458,632
2003Johnnie Walker Classic Lake Karrinyup CCErnie ELS € 1,532,349
2002Johnnie Walker Classic Lake Karrinyup CCRetief GOOSEN € 1,492,272
2001Johnnie Walker Classic Alpine Golf & Sports ClubTiger WOODS € 1,348,565
2000Johnnie Walker Classic Westin Resort Ta Shee, TaiwanMichael CAMPBELL € 1,250,137
1998Johnnie Walker Classic Blue Canyon C.C., Phuket, ThailandTiger WOODS £ 805,980
1997Johnnie Walker Classic Hope Island, Queensland, AustraliaErnie ELS £ 700,000
1996Johnnie Walker Classic Tanah Merah, SingaporeIan WOOSNAM £ 601,164
1995Johnnie Walker Classic Orchard G & C.C., Manila>Fred COUPLES £ 610,668
1994Johnnie Walker Classic Blue Canyon C.C., Phuket, ThailandGreg NORMAN £ 601,798
1993Johnnie Walker Classic Singapore Island C.C.Nick FALDO £ 552,928
1992Johnnie Walker Asian Classic Pinehurst G & C.C., Bangkok Ian PALMER £ 504,470
Early thoughts are Michael Campbell at 14's, & Adam Scott @ 14's. Goosen is fav at 7's. will have a better study tomorrow night. Els & woods are not playing.

Re: Golf - Johnnie Walker Classic Thurs 9th - Sun 12th I'll stick with : Michael Campbell 2pts ew @ 12/1 Sp odds Tied 3rd in this last year when held in Beijing, this year is being held in Perth, Aus. Campbell hasn't played in a Euro tour event since November in a year which ended in him finishing 2nd on the European tour with the US open & the World Matchplay titles both won. He played in the Mercedes championships at the beginning of January where he finished tied 4th. Ranked 13th in the world, he is the 3rd highest ranked here behind scott & Goosen. Adam Scott 2pts ew @ 14/1 skybet Won this event last season, he is ranked 10th in the world, only behind Goosen in this event. Is on home turf as well, his stroke average improved last season but the impressive stat is the greens in regulation figure which rose from 70% to 80% last season. He will need his putter to be on fire here but can certainly be challenging through the week.

Re: Golf - Johnnie Walker Classic Thurs 9th - Sun 12th My three bets this week are; RGreen to bt CParry 1.80 WHills Richard Green played very solid last week and high up in Tour rankings for fairways and greens. Craig Parry hasnt played for donkeys and is only appearing here coz its his homeland tournament. Probrably a bit rusty but will still have his hands full if fit. RGoosen to bt RAllenby 1.50 Corals The Goose is a top class player and very consistant although doesnt win as much as he should. fancy him to see off Allenby who had his first outing last week and was a couple of shots off the pace each day.Will need to be a lot sharper this week. Top British/Irish Player ~ Monty 7/1 EW Paddy Power Monty let us down last week and some blamed his private life for that, whatever it was he his not a 7/1 chance among the Brit/Irish contingent playing this week, he his only 9/2 elsewhere and thats about right. I expect him to bounce back this week and 7/4 about being in the top 4 brits has got to be value. Good Luck guys!

Re: Golf - Johnnie Walker Classic Thurs 9th - Sun 12th 2 pts M Campbell 13 @ expekt Campbell has had 3 Top 5's in this tournament including a win in 1999. He also won the Heineken classic in 2000 & 2001 when it was played on the Vines course which is where this event is taking place. 2pts e/w Nick O'Hern 21 @ ladbrokes Playing in his home state will give O'Hern the added incentive of winning his first European Tour title. He usually goes well in Australia where at the end of 2005 he had a few Top 3 finishes. He also finished 3rd on this course in 2001. He shot a closing 66 last week to finish in 19th place. 1 pt e/w C Parry 67 @ ladbrokes Parry has 4 top 20 finshes on this Vines course and is also a former winner of the Heineken Classic when it was played here. He will enjoy good support from the crowd, and he is also a good wind player so won't mind if the breeze picks up.

Re: Golf - Johnnie Walker Classic Thurs 9th - Sun 12th I'm going with the rapidly improving Michael Campbell here. His games shot up to another level in the last 12 months which has seen him claim some of the biggest prizes in golf including the US Open. He has won here in the past and clearly enjoys his golf in WA with the sun on his back. In a good field he's sure to go close and give you a run for your money. Micahel Campbell 3pts each way @ 13.0 corals

Re: Golf - Johnnie Walker Classic Thurs 9th - Sun 12th Great 1st round by Adam Scott to finish Jt leader at -8, surprised about Campbell only going round in even par still there are 3 days to go. He had a real mixed round with 5 birdies, 3 boegys & 1 double. Perhaps lack of recent outing is counting against him.

Re: Golf - Johnnie Walker Classic Thurs 9th - Sun 12th scott is going have to get a storming last round to get into the placings now, sits Tied 11th. O'hern (winbet's tip) is up there too in 5th so hopefully we can celebrate some form of success when the final round finishes tomorrow:hope

Re: Golf - Johnnie Walker Classic Thurs 9th - Sun 12th When I read that Craig Stadler was leading by two shots at the end of this round, all I could think about was collecting a load of dosh on Sunday morning as I had put £10 e/w on him at 16/1 to win the thing when he was 11 under at the 11th hole with seven holes to play and two shots behind KJ Choi on Friday morning. I forgot that it was e/w though and a 1/5 of the odds for the first 4 places which means if Craig stays in the top four, I earn a paltry £12 profit (£32 return) and an OKish £192 return if Craig wins. I thought I would be winning £320 from a Craig Stadler win! D'OH!!

Re: Golf - Johnnie Walker Classic Thurs 9th - Sun 12th I was amazed to find that Kevin Stadler was 9/4 to win with a 2 shot lead heading into the final round. A shame I didn't actually put any more money on. :( The few times I've put money on a fella when they're leading and then they come a cropper in the final round is outrageous.

Re: Golf - Johnnie Walker Classic Thurs 9th - Sun 12th adam scott tied 6th :wall bad middle rounds cost him a place. unlucky to winbet who was just pipped by Stadler. Stereo - well done mate but no after eventing please although he still had to win it from where you were;)