African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets

Cant anybody tell me what happened in this and how the hell did this not end up as I predicted :\:\:\:\
Nigeria were very poor in the first half and didn't start going until after half time Zimbabwe played alot better than their first performance (which isn't saying much but it was a big improvement) Obviously they ended up winning but had me worried for 50 odd minutes :unsure :lol The introduction of Kanu and Obi Mikel was the turning point :)

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Thanks all ;) I hope I can keep it going the way it is. Here's my tip for tonight:

Tip Detail
SportFootball (Internationals)
SelectionOver 2.5
Date2006-01-30
EventZambia X South Africa
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningA much relaxed day this is, with both qualifiers meeting eachother and the 2 already knocked out playing eachother. Zambia & South Africa won't be as easy as it may seem to be. Both have lost 2 games, and just don't want to walk away empty handed. A win for either team can prove important for their pride.It's also a South-of-continent derby, so that adds to it. Both teams enjoy a very vulnerable defence line, while both have a "fair" attaching force (Zambia took the lead in both previous matches and failed to hold on to it, while South Africa's Zoma-McCarthy duo can't just walk away without scoring a single goal!) Hence I'm almost sure there will be -at least- a couple of goals scored by Zambia, and -at least- one by RSA. Overs it is. No other bet on this game for me.
Good Luck All

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets My bet for today is Sambia 1 and X, available at about 2,45 with 5/10 SA showed a bad performance and they will play with B team today... Sambia did not impress either but they are going to fight for a win (I believe this after I read several interviews from both sides)

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Tunesia – Guinea 0 – 3 FT

I hope nobody was on Tunesia today...Guinea was the better team, they were fighting hard (as expected) and deserved the win!

Sambia – SA 1 – 0 FT :clap

This was a nice bet... Odds on Sambia homewin were almost at 4,00 – As I stated above I also took the draw here... Not bad though...

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Sorry about Zambia X South Africa pick. It seems that I overestimated the strikers on bothe teams. Poor finishing by both sides, plus neither Zuma nor McCarthy played, so I humbly accept the booing :$ Today's pick will hopefully be better and produce enough win for all to keep a :D .

Tip Detail
SelectionGhana -1.75 A.H. + Nigeria to win (Asian Handicap)
Date2006-01-31
EventACN Group D
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 5.03 (Back)
ReasoningP.S. Odds on Nigeria alone are better with Bet365, PowerPaddy & WagerWeb. However, a double pays best with Pinnacle> since only they offer this handicap on Ghana. It seems that I had better stick with Africa for now. Bad pick on Academica. They managed a win, when the best I could've hoped for was a draw, so I bet on it! Good analysis/prediction but a poor decision as to where to lay the money! Ghana X Zimbabwe (odds: 2.16) It's not a question of whether Ghana will win, but how much it would be. As it is, Nigeria now tops the group with 6 points and +3 goal difference. Senegal comes 2nd with 3 points and +1, followed by Ghana with 3 pts and 0 goal difference. So, Ghana will needs a win for a start and will get one, but considering the worst case, which is Senegal winning over Nigeria by 1, Ghana will need more than 2 to guarantee qualification. Of course, if Nigeria should draw, then a mere win is enough for Ghana to occupy 2nd slot, and I actually expect Nigeria to win, but they cannot be guaranteed. (Too arrogant for their own good). Now, what if Senegal wins? Ghana would be receiving a gift from heaven. They won't just be offered a chance to qualify, but also to top the group thus avoiding Guinea (the surprise package) in the quarter final, and getting a predictable opponent: Tunisia. Again, if Nigeria -at least- draws, then it's all over and Ghana will have to live with it. Playing Guinea that is. But they'd still want to produce a prestigeous win to prove they deserved qualification, not just got hit by luck. Both Nigeria & Senegal won over Zimbabwe by 2, so Ghana will need to score 3 in order to prove they were superior, and that Nigeria winnng them was just a mishap. I think Ghana will start the game with one thing in mind, and that's to score their 3 ASAP, thus forcing Nigeria to score too, lest the Senegalese sneak in a goal and defend to it. (in which case all three will be tied with 6 points, with Ghana atop on goal difference -assuming they got their 3- and Senegal coming 2nd on H2H outcome rule). It's as simple as that. Ghana should do this right or risk being knocked out themselves. (If they win 2-0, and Senegal manages a 1-0 they all get tied on everything and it's down to "fair play". If Senegal wins 2-1 or 3-2.. etc, they accompany Nigeria to the semi-finals due to superiority of goal scoring). There's no other way really for Ghana if they wanted to ensure their berth in the last 8. Nigeria X Zimbawe (odds: 2.33) I just said I can't guarantee Nigeria would win. The lads are soooooo arrogant they think they can beat ANY team whenever they pleased, which is NOT true, btw. But just I explained on my tip on Ghana X Zimbabwe, I think Ghana will work on guaranteeing their own qualification early, and thus will force the Nigerians to get seriuos and actually beat Senegal for 3 reasons: 1- They want to finish it atop of the group. It only serves their arrogant attitude to be atop and not 2nd best. 2- They'd want to match Cameroon (and Guinea!!) winning all their group matches. It also serves the same purpose of claiming they were 2nd to non. 3- They'd want to avoid a surprising mishap late into the game if they don't score and Senegal manges a late winner. They could be knocked out, which will be a shock for the nation of Martins, Okousha and Kanu. So, I'll be siding with Nigeria to win on this one, and unless I'm mistaking Okousha should be on the field to serve that purpose. Good Luck

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Tulenos, yes I agree, too. I will also go for Ghana here... And I do not want to take HC either, the odds for straight win are quite short, so I think a good solution is HT/FT 1/1 with pretty nice odds... My pick for this match : HT/ FT Ghana/Ghana - @ above 1,5 with 5/10.

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Ghana v Zimbabwe Although Zimbabwe played well in their last game and held Nigeria to a 2-0 defeat, I feel that this game is just a nuisence to them and wont be taking it very seriously at all. Ghana on the other hand will be doing their best to get the goals that will see them through. Ive already said just how poor Zimbabwe are and nothing has changed my mind and I honestly believe that they will leave this tournament without scoring. Ghana to win comfortably for me Ghana (-1.75) AH @ 1.73 Betfair

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Appiah to start for Ghana Posted: Jan 31 2006 | Read 190 stephen_athens.jpg Ghana captain, Stephen Appiah has been named in the Black Stars’ starting line up for today’s vital group game against Zimbabwe, Joy Sports can confirm. Appiah picked up a foot injury from last Friday’s 1-0 victory over Senegal and has been battling to be fit for this crunch Group D game in Ismailia. However, the Ghana captain has been included in Ratomir Dujkovic’s team seeking qualification to the quarter-final stage of the African Cup of Nations. Defender Samuel Osei Kuffour who missed out of the Senegal game due to a sprained muscle returns to the squad. But Ghana’s lone goal scorer, Matthew Amoah would not be in the starting line up. Young striker, Prince Tagoe takes over Amoah’s role and would be playing alongside, Joe Tex Frimpong. Another player who has won a starting place in the team is Dan Edusei. Ghana’s line up: Sammy Adjei, Emmanuel Pappoe, John Paintsil, Issa Ahmed, John Mensah, Yakubu Abubakari, Dan Edusei, Stephen Appiah, Joe Tex Frimpong, Prince Tagoe, Haminu Dramani.

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Actually, it looks like Zimbabwe could even have qualified (had those two disallowed goals been legitimate, they would defo win 4-0 as Ghana were toothless and would qualify on the account of more socred goals than Nigeria) - at least their coach pointed this out after the match - the scenario none of us even dared to consider. To be fair, Ghana were truly awful and all over the shop while Zimbabwe were bossing the game (at least the parts I saw).

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets How about this pick? I've just submitted it officially. P.S. A good tipster never promises anything. He just does his best and leave it at that. Egypt to win ACN title @4.00 with GameBookers Egypt now has an open freeway to reach the final. After the surprising loss of Tunisia to Guinea, the winner of Egypt vs. DR Congo should play the winner of Guinea vs. Senegal. That's considerably the easiest route compared with Cameroon vs. Cote D'Ivoire & Nigeria vs. Tunisia, so the hosts have every previlage in the book to reach the final. Further more, whichever team that may join them will have to be a bit exhasted, and probably missing a player or 2, either for suspension or due to injury. Playing at Cairo International Stadium has always proved to be a big advantage for Egypt. It's entirely a different atmosphere compared to playing on any other "home" stadium. Speculating about their opposition in the final may yeild either Cameroon or Nigeria. For the former, Egypt has been their nemesis, so to speak. Egypt is the only North African team to have an edge on cameroon, no matter what rankings at the FIFA-Coca Cola list they may be. Last tim those 2 met was in the WCQ and Egypt managed a draw at Yaonde, thus resulted in the qualification of Cote D'Ivoire to Germany. Before that, they met in Alexandria, and Egypt won 3-2, after Cameroon had trailed by 3-0 (only 2 goals scored well into injury time saved their pride). Egypt also won the final against Cameroon in Cairo 1986 (penalty shoot out after drawing goalless) If it's Nigeria, then there's not been direct clashes between the 2 for a long time, but the home team still holds the advantage as Nigeria will be playing in Cairo for the first time in the tournament (and probably for this century). The Egyptians have shown that they are up to the occassion when it counts, having held a firm defense vs. Morocco (Egypt's nemesis) and against Cote D'Ivoire as well. El Hadary has been over performing, and the whole defense line has proved solid enough to handle some pressure, while the frontmen have been showing that no matter which 2 are fielded, they still can find their way to the net. Mido will surely be a throne in the opposition's side, while Zaki is a hard worker and well built, and Met'eb -eventhough not really himself at the moment- is skillful and a good "follower". Coach Shehata has been holding some of his winning cards until now, and may still do so until the final if he doesn't need them earlier, so some surprises both tachtically and on the starting list may still be used. Finally, the spectators/fans are the key element here, and they have been 100% backing the National team. They do not spare any effort to cheer & support, and you can bet on 80,000 Egyptians to be on the Stadium for the final game. I'd say bet on Egypt now, before the prices drop due to winning over DR Congo on Friday. Neither DR Congo, Guinea, nor even Senegal can beat Egypt at their own field, and once in the final, I don't think Egypt will miss their chance to seal a new record for the continent: Winning ACN for the 5th time! Good Luck

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Guinea - Senegal Guinea won first place in their group, but they are not among first Nations in African soccer. In terms of strenght of course. Senegal was second in their group, and despite some good games, they lost twice, with Nigeria and Ghana, and won only with Zimbabwe. Senegal is definetely better and more experienced team here. So far they didn't play to their potential, but now it's elimination phase, and I think they have much more chances to go through then young and non experienced Guinea. I believe in Senegal going through, and if they win, I think it's gona be with more then one goal advantage, therefore I suggest Senegal -1EH, with these juicy odds. GL~ bet365 @ 5.00 Senegal -1 european handicap.

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Cameroon to Win African Cup of Nations. Cameroon was among first candidates, infact he first, before this tournament for winning it. And they showed with games in their group that they are the best team currently in Africa. They won all 3 games, without conceeding a single goal. Eto'o is doing wonders and looking unstopable, and the other part of the team looks also great. They didn't qualify for World Cup, so this is their chance for revenge, and to show to the world that they deserve to be in Germany, and that they're best team in Africa. I suggest a bet on them with max stakes. Stan James @ 3.4. GL~ kamei ( And for cover suggest a medium bet on Egypt, and low on Nigeria. Everything for money back )

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Guinea - Senegal This is a no bet game for me. I watched the matches of both teams, and if someone forced me to choose a winner, I would choose Guinea. They played consistently good all the time. Even against Zambia, when they scored a late lead goal, they attacked throught the second half and should have scored much earlier. I just started thinking that they will always have that scoring problem, and then they hammered Tunisia 3-0. Their team play is on a high level, many of the european teams could learn from them. When watching you can see the moves were written by someone who knows his job well. In the end, Guinea is a small and poor country, and as the players themself said in the late interviews, they'll do everything to get a good result here. On the other side is Senegal, the team that really played bad the first 2 games. I expected much from them, as they are the only team that carries european (french-like) style of play down there. But they were just bad, it looked like they were afraid to play football. The late second half of the second game they started improving, and in the third match, it was like an entierly different team, teammoves were visible for the first time and they looked like a team and not a collection of players at last. Quality of those players is high (at least for this competition), and everyone expect them to get some of the medals, so they'll be motivated too. For all those reasons, I'm staying the hell away from this one.

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets A tip I just submitted. If I was allowed to, I'd bet 20 or 30 stakes on this one.

Tip Detail
SelectionEgypt -1.5 A.H. (Asian Handicap)
Date2006-02-03
EventEgypt X DR Congo
Bookmaker/Price>10bet @ 2.15 (Back)
ReasoningDR Congo will be missing 2 regular defenders for suspension (2 yellows) and one midfielder (sent off vs. Cameroon). The team still adopts a very violent style of play, and I expect them to still do vs. Egypt. However, the Egyptians have some really tough individuals and should be able to overcome this minor obstacle. Talent may be the key not only to avoid serious injuries, but to also turn the tide against the perpetrators and probably play against 10 men early in the game. Mido will probably miss the game as the Egyptian medical team declared he will only play if he was 100% fit, and they prefer to spare him for the semi-final clash. Abo treika will also miss the game (2 yellow cards), and should be replaced by Ahmad Hassan, Hassan Mosstafa, or Ahmad Eid (all very well capable of filling in for him). IMHO, this is as far as DR Congo can go. Playing any of the other 7 should yield a loss for them, as they have only progressed due to poor performances by the WC qualifying duo (Togo & Angola) and -again IMHO- many temas that have left the tournament deserved to be in their place as they were better (at least tactically). Personally I think Egypt should win by 2 or 3, and my proposed handicap for this game should've been -1.5 or 1.75, but there's no such handicap offered so far, so I'll go for the best available offer at this time. Take Egypt to cover this handicap and give the 1.25 to DR Congo. Good Luck

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Egypt - Kongo Host Egypt are big favorites here, but they won't have easy task. Kongo proved that they are good team. With lot's of France based players. To Egypt there's lot of pressure to go to the final, and as this is their first game in elimination round, I don't see them beeing brilliant. But a little nervous, and having problems with talented side from Kongo. In ET I expect them to score and go through the semis. My guess is 1:1 draw, as most probable. But my pick is just draw. Exellent price in betfair @ 4.61. Low stakes. GL~ kamei

Re: African Nations Cup Winner and Tournament Bets Cameroon - Ivory Coast, Big clash everyone expect. Cameroon vs Ivory Coast. Eto'o against Drogba. Those two teams were in same group in World Cup Qualifiers. In the end Ivory Coast were first and earned a ticket for Germany next summer. But actually they lost both games with Cameroon. So both of them are looking for some revenge. Cameroon for not going to World Cup, and Ivory Coast for loosing two times to Cameroon. So big motives in both squads, and big expectations for this clash, which promise quite a spectacle. But.. Often when something like that is expected, games turn out to be completely diferent. So I'm gona try with little bet on 0:0 corect score. Somehow I find it very interesting. Best price Pinnacle sports @ 9.14 GL~