Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006)

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006)

To Clijsters Somehow, I feel that the todays match is something special.... I would´t risk a 8/10 bet on Clijsters here. I mean the h2h stats are clearly on Clijsters side of course but this doesn´t give me any information on who will win today at all... Well, yes I agree that if both players would be at 100% Clijsters would win, but as I stated before, yes maybe she trys to keep the pressure away saying something like this but she was not comfortable at all yesterday, she had heavy legs, and felt just empty... well yes she will get some massages but I think this is not enough. When we summarize all these facts, phisical probs, mental probs i.e. maybe motivation probs for me it gets clearer and clearer that Mauresmo should make it....
Steway I wouldn't listen to a word of that. It's all talk. She's in with a 1 in 4 chance of winning 1 of the 4 majors. There's no way she isn't going to go all out for this. Given her fairly poor record in Grand Slams there's no way she won't want to win this. There's no way none of the 4 wouldn't want to win this but because she's now World No1 again all the pressure and attention is on her which she is trying to deflect. That's how I see it anyway, I wouldn't be affected by these comments if I was going to back Clijsters.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute rubbish. Providing good reasoning behind bets shows how much you actually know, any monkey can pick winners for a time, but that doesn't mean he is particularly clued up. FootballTennis Seeing as though you totally ignored my last post, I'll put this in bold for you. Your attitude is winning you no friends on here, if it carries on, it's only heading one way. Leave childish comments in the playground.
No ammount of reasoning from anybody however clued up will produce a profit from a losing pick. I said we dont all require a lengthy explanation, short and to the point is OK by me if it wins. It dont matter what you think you know if you keep picking lossers, whatever reasoning you provide. All of us have the ability to futher analyse and research picks if we so wish. If the reasoning is not enough for you, do some research yourself, ask the question or simply ignore the tip. Maybee he is clued up but does not have the time or inclination to provide lengthy explanations. Granted his style is a little different and controversial, but why does everybody have to follow the same format ?

Hope this is a good bet: Sharapova bt Henin @ 11/8 H2H is 2-1 to henin but henin's 2 wins came on clay. Sharapova's win came on hardcourt. Sharapova IMO is more talented and has better strokes but Henin has better speed and movement. it should be a close match. Probably 50-50, but 11/8 odds is too good to turn down
:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ She was totally robbed in that final set. The line calls were worse than the ones in the Serena/capriati USO SF in 2004.

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) I was on Kimmy tonight, I thought she had turned the corner, she'd broken back and if she hadn't have went over on her ankle, she would have won. Second she fell over the game was over

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ HOW UNLUCKY IS THIS!!!!!!!!! Fancied both womens semis to go to finalset so backed all 4 players to win 2-1 covering the doubles.

Transaction Reference Number : STH5415554905532IIIgreenbarcurve.gif
SelectionsTime of bet: 25/01/2006 22:38:38
Event DateEventSelectionsOddsE/W TermsResult
126/01/20062006 Australian Open - Womens - Justine Henin-Hardenne vs Maria Sharapova (Set Betting) Maria Sharapova to win 2 - 1 7/2NoneLost
226/01/20062006 Australian Open - Womens - Amelie Mauresmo vs Kim Clijsters (Set Betting) Kim Clijsters to win 2 - 1 5/2NoneVoid
326/01/20062006 Australian Open - Womens - Justine Henin-Hardenne vs Maria Sharapova (Set Betting) Justine Henin-Hardenne to win 2 - 1 5/2NoneWon
426/01/20062006 Australian Open - Womens - Amelie Mauresmo vs Kim Clijsters (Set Betting) Amelie Mauresmo to win 2 - 1 4/1NoneVoid
Multiples
Bet TypeNo of BetsUnit StakeStakeTo WinReturns
Doubles 425.00100.00175.00
Total Stake: 100.00Total Returns: 175.00
The above is a copy and paste of my returns. If Mauresmo had won i would have had £437.50 returns If Clijsters had won i would have had £306.25 returns. Is that unfair or what? Opinions would be appreciated.

:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ HOW UNLUCKY IS THIS!!!!!!!!! Fancied both womens semis to go to finalset so backed all 4 players to win 2-1 covering the doubles.
Transaction Reference Number : STH5415554905532IIIgreenbarcurve.gif
SelectionsTime of bet: 25/01/2006 22:38:38
126/01/20062006 Australian Open - Womens - Justine Henin-Hardenne vs Maria Sharapova (Set Betting) Maria Sharapova to win 2 - 1 7/2NoneLost
226/01/20062006 Australian Open - Womens - Amelie Mauresmo vs Kim Clijsters (Set Betting) Kim Clijsters to win 2 - 1 5/2NoneVoid
326/01/20062006 Australian Open - Womens - Justine Henin-Hardenne vs Maria Sharapova (Set Betting) Justine Henin-Hardenne to win 2 - 1 5/2NoneWon
426/01/20062006 Australian Open - Womens - Amelie Mauresmo vs Kim Clijsters (Set Betting) Amelie Mauresmo to win 2 - 1 4/1NoneVoid
Multiples
Doubles 425.00100.00175.00
Total Stake: 100.00Total Returns: 175.00
The above is a copy and paste of my returns. If Mauresmo had won i would have had £437.50 returns If Clijsters had won i would have had £306.25 returns. Is that unfair or what? Opinions would be appreciated.
SEnt an e-mail to bet365 regarding the position and ive just spoken lo one of their customer services reps who says they will pay the mid way balance between the 2 sums ie £371.50 Hooray for Bet365! :D

What is the fuss with Bagdhatis?
You see the fuss now? Or even forget he's beaten Stepanek, Roddick, Ljubicic this tournament and is now 2 sets each 5-4 serving for the match against Nalbandian! And it starts raining at 15-15 - this is just like Wimbledon:lol

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) A good night with Baghdatis:notworthy taking care of business:notworthy and Henin reaching the final so should be able to work a decent profit from that outright. Will Nalbandian win 3-0 v Baghdatis? NO @ 1.394 8pts Pinnacle :D WON profit 3.152pts W/L = 25/23 Staked = 188pts Profit = -6.37pts Yield = -3.38%

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) am I right that Baghdatis is the only other winner of boy's competition who's made it to the AO finals since Edberg (and don't think there had been anyone even before Edberg)? Baghdatis won the boy's comp in 2003 so didn't take him too long;)

am I right that Baghdatis is the only other winner of boy's competition who's made it to the AO finals since Edberg (and don't think there had been anyone even before Edberg)? Baghdatis won the boy's comp in 2003 so didn't take him too long;)
Yeah I heard that too:ok

SEnt an e-mail to bet365 regarding the position and ive just spoken lo one of their customer services reps who says they will pay the mid way balance between the 2 sums ie £371.50 Hooray for Bet365! :D
You were lucky, mate.;) It would have been unlucky, but the situation was exactly the same to a horse falling @ the last hurdle when leading by several lengths - the only difference was you had both possible outcomes covered in this case. On the other hand, the original settlement was exactly according to their rules (which is sometimes harsh).

What is the fuss with Bagdhatis? He is playing crap tennis against a pretty ordinary guy in Nalbandian. At the moment it is man v boy.
I hope that performance enlightened you with regards to the talent this boy has although I feel there're still some things he will need to work on to improve his game(his all-action game is a bit like Nadal's actually). Although I must stress I didn't believe he could have coped with the physical demands against Nalbandian prior to the match given the long matches he'd had coming into this one, matches like this have clearly revealed an innate mental toughness which was not so obvious prior to this tournament. To be fair, I thought his youthful exuberance was refreshing and quintessential in helping him beat Bandy from being 2 sets down. I certainly hope this puts the brilliance of his performances against Roddick and Ljubicic into perspective(evidently, it's certainly not a case of being a discredit to Roddick or Ljubicic) for many - and aboveall, vindicate my conviction when I said I fancied a 'no name' to beat Ljubicic... :tongue2

You were lucky' date=' mate.;) It would have been unlucky, but the situation was exactly the same to a horse falling @ the last hurdle when leading by several lengths - the only difference was you had both possible outcomes covered in this case. On the other hand, the original settlement was exactly according to their rules (which is sometimes harsh).[/quote'] Very true Tulenos. I was extremely polite in my e-mail and made a big play of the fact that i now place all my bets with them (thats true) and have been a customer for many years. The lady said they were treating the 2 doubles as dead heats which confused me slightly but the returns were exactly the mid way point. She said it was a goodwill gesture as by the book the bet had been settled correctly.

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) FEDERER V KIEFER Is there any way Kiefer can win this? The reason i ask is that i have a similar correct set score bet running (see below) and i have covered Fed to win 3-1 and 3-2. I see the danger as Fed winning 3-0 but wondering if i should be worried about kiefer nicking it. Heres the bet:

Transaction Reference Number : STH5415535715493IIIgreenbarcurve.gif
SelectionsTime of bet: 26/01/2006 08:46:14
127/01/20062006 Australian Open - Mens - Roger Federer vs Nicolas Kiefer (Set Betting)Roger Federer to win 3 - 1 3/1NoneTo Run
227/01/20062006 Australian Open - Mens - Roger Federer vs Nicolas Kiefer (Set Betting)Roger Federer to win 3 - 2 10/1NoneTo Run
326/01/20062006 Australian Open - Mens - David Nalbandian vs Marcos Baghdatis (Set Betting)D.Nalbandian to win 3-1 9/4NoneLost
426/01/20062006 Australian Open - Mens - David Nalbandian vs Marcos Baghdatis (Set Betting)D.Nalbandian to win 3-2 11/2NoneLost
526/01/20062006 Australian Open - Mens - David Nalbandian vs Marcos Baghdatis (Set Betting)M.Baghdatis to win 3-2 6/1NoneWon
Multiples
Doubles615.0090.00
Total Stake: 90.00 Total Returns:
Any thoughts please?

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) Head to heads show Federer 7-3 in front. Of the grand slams federer has won the last 2 by 3 sets to 1 the most recent being the US open. He also beat Kiefer 3-0 on clay in Paris Kiefer certainly looks like he can take a set in the long matches at least and am i right in thinking Federer is a little more vulnerable than usual? Shoot me down by all means cos ive not seen him hit a ball this tournament; just going on the results.

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) Well, you can get 1.85 on Kiefer +2.5 sets at Globet, if anyone has an account with them. Pretty good odds there, I think. Globet have made a few balls ups this week, notably yesterday when they were going 1.70 on over 9.5 aces in the Bandy/Baghdatis match. Ended up on 20. Bagh has been banging a good few down in this tournament. If that sounds like after eventing, sorry but I am just annoyed none of my money went on it when I had all but convinced myself it was a cert! Maybe they have made another mess with these Kiefer odds. Fed seems not averse to giving a few sets away this week.

Well, you can get 1.85 on Kiefer +2.5 sets at Globet, if anyone has an account with them. Pretty good odds there, I think.
You can get the same thing (but different wording) at 2.17 at Pinnacle:ok Everything you've both said is bang on. Fed has looked a little dodgy in his last couple of matches, especially against Davydenko where for periods Davydenko was able to dominate from the back which was very surprising. Also we've seen Kiefer have some great matches against Federer and do some damage - he certainly has the game to cause his a lot of problems. However, I'm concerned about how Kiefer will react after the huge (and controversial) match against Grosjean. Also, this is his first Grand Slam semi so it's a huge occasion for him. He has in the past been suspect mentally so that's a concern for me:unsure . I was thinking about Kiefer +8 (it's +7.5 really as there is a tie option) at bet365 but now they've cut the price I don't think I'll bother. Just keep the outright action on Federer;). Should be good to watch though:ok

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) Seriously I have had enough of these stupid linesman. When i bet BIG i lose because bad line calls. I bet £100 on sharapova to beat henin but bad line calls **** me up in 3rd set. Same thing in the us open 2004 when serena played capriati i bet £250 on serena to win but bad line calls screw me over in 3rd set. Both matches I would have won if not fall the blind umpire and linesmen. I am so angry i shall give tennis betting a break.

Seriously I have had enough of these stupid linesman. When i bet BIG i lose because bad line calls. I bet £100 on sharapova to beat henin but bad line calls **** me up in 3rd set. Same thing in the us open 2004 when serena played capriati i bet £250 on serena to win but bad line calls screw me over in 3rd set. Both matches I would have won if not fall the blind umpire and linesmen. I am so angry i shall give tennis betting a break.
Why can't you use PTS like everyone else.

What is the fuss with Bagdhatis? He is playing crap tennis against a pretty ordinary guy in Nalbandian. At the moment it is man v boy.
We ve got a saying here... sometimes its better to chew than talk... I dedicate this to you... pagdatis_1_2601.jpg :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :nana :nana :nana

Seriously I have had enough of these stupid linesman. When i bet BIG i lose because bad line calls. I bet £100 on sharapova to beat henin but bad line calls **** me up in 3rd set. Same thing in the us open 2004 when serena played capriati i bet £250 on serena to win but bad line calls screw me over in 3rd set. Both matches I would have won if not fall the blind umpire and linesmen. I am so angry i shall give tennis betting a break.
What are you moaning about? Henin-H had a shocking line call when set point down as she was serving to stay in the 1st set but didn't let it bother her and then played awesome tennis in sets 2 and 3. Line calls even themselves out over the course of a match.