Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006)

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006)

You can call yourself a muppet if you bet on United in that match. United are not muppets cos they qualified for next round. I call Roddick a muppet for LOSING to a no name. Roddick was pants in the match, he just double faulted on the important pts. Of course bagdatis also played a blinder. Don't argue with FACTS, Federer was 1/5 with Coral against Safin in AO semi's. Safin is a great player, so is nalbandian. Ok, the loss against gasquet was as bad as the loss roddick had against bagdatis. But thats his only REALLY bad loss oppssed to Roddick having MANY bad losses, last 2 slams for roddick was even worse than abysmal.
Stop talking bollocks, muppet! Roddick didn't lose to a no name - you were an ignorant muppet who hadn't heard of Baghdatis, that's all. Quite whether Baghdatis was of Roddick's stature is another matter obviously. And stop talking bollocks about Federer either - he was 1.14 at Ladbrokes(and until you can provide some sort of credible evidence to back up your wild claims, you can stick that fallacious claim of yours about Federer being 1.20 up your !@#$). And what bollocks are you on about Safin and Bandy being great? The point here is making a comparison in relation to Federer - hence, it's obviously fair to say Federer must have been a muppet losing at those prices going by your warped logic. Last 2 Slams for Roddick was hardly worse than abysmal(a final appearance at Wimbledon being abysmal? :eek ) - then again, you're a muppet so how much sense could you be talking to begin with? Just shut your trap and go and watch Baghdatis tear Ljubicic apart if you will and appreciate what a decent 'no name' Roddick actually lost to...

Anyone watching Ljubicic v Baghdatis? Should be a cracker I reckon.. 3-2 Ljubicic 1st set currently
At one stage it looked like he was going to waltz through it 3-0 but with Ljubicic winning the 3rd and looking like winning the 4th its all set for a 5th set showdown, great game.

At one stage it looked like he was going to waltz through it 3-0 but with Ljubicic winning the 3rd and looking like winning the 4th its all set for a 5th set showdown' date=' great game.[/quote'] I think it's a pity the bogey defeatist mindset is such a prominent feature of Ljubicic's game(he had an unconverted break point in the 5th set, only for Baghdatis to break him in the next game) - memories of his defeat to Berdych last year come flooding back. Whatever the outcome of this match(and I did wonder if Baghdatis would run out of steam after losing the 3rd and 4th sets :tongue2 ), I think it's only fitting more people got a glimpse of what Baghdatis is about now...

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) Fair play to the boy Bagh, and Edtkh. Ljuby pathetic during the first 2 sets, got it going a bit later. Fancied Bagh was saving himself for the last after the start of the fourth set. Bit silly pricing him at 7/4 at 2-2 in sets. However, evaded any loss by laying off Ljub at that point, so no harm done. If Bagh can play like that consistently, he will have no trouble seeing off the majority of players on the circuit.

It's rather strange as both channel are free to view and are broadcast from the same satellite. Cable networks should also have both. Any restriction in Greece' date=' mate?[/quote'] only eurosport 1 is broadcasted free here for normal antennas i know that eurosport 1 and 2 are on the same sat, hotbird i think, but i dont have one, thinking of getting cable though

Check out the link I posted yesterday for full schedule, mate. I reckon semis should be on on Thursday.
The Baghdatis-Nalbandian semi is Thursday morning 9.30am CET. The second semi is Friday morning 9.30am CET Well played Baghdatis and those on him, very strong performance. Will he be able to take out Nalbandian?:unsure Oh, and I hate Ljubicic. 3 consecutive matches I got it wrong on him - 8pts lost:sad

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) Baghdatis surely. Well 3.05 is significally better than 2.92 but i do not have an account on Pinnacle. If im not wrong, Nalbadian has never won a major tournament. Did he even play in a final? The support Bagh had in the court was great once more.

Well played Baghdatis and those on him, very strong performance. Will he be able to take out Nalbandian?:unsure
In my opinion, no! ;) Then again, that's purely my gut feeling(however, it looks like my gut feeling in the 2nd week has served me much better than my research-oriented thoughts in the 1st week... :lol ). In all honesty, Baghdatis has more than a capable game of beating just about anyone bar Federer on this surface. However, there're still some finer and more minute features of his game which I don't think will prove sufficient to wear down a disciplined and consistent player in the mould of a Nalbandian. It may sound contradictory, but the clash between the pair at Roland Garros - even after considering the different surfaces in question - last year sticks out in my mind. Baghdatis' all-action game saw him take the opening set 6-0(or was it 6-1?), but he just fell apart after that as Nalbandian's patience eventually wore him down - for me, Baghdatis(to some degree, like Nadal) has still yet to prove he's able to sustain his energy-sapping game against some of the better all-round players(basically, those who don't rely too much on their serves) especially if it goes the distance. Expect Federer to beat Kiefer and Bandy to beat Baghdatis in the semis...

Stop talking bollocks, muppet! Roddick didn't lose to a no name - you were an ignorant muppet who hadn't heard of Baghdatis, that's all. Quite whether Baghdatis was of Roddick's stature is another matter obviously. And stop talking bollocks about Federer either - he was 1.14 at Ladbrokes(and until you can provide some sort of credible evidence to back up your wild claims, you can stick that fallacious claim of yours about Federer being 1.20 up your !@#$). And what bollocks are you on about Safin and Bandy being great? The point here is making a comparison in relation to Federer - hence, it's obviously fair to say Federer must have been a muppet losing at those prices going by your warped logic. Last 2 Slams for Roddick was hardly worse than abysmal(a final appearance at Wimbledon being abysmal? :eek ) - then again, you're a muppet so how much sense could you be talking to begin with? Just shut your trap and go and watch Baghdatis tear Ljubicic apart if you will and appreciate what a decent 'no name' Roddick actually lost to...
Maybe you don't realise that the US open is actually a grand slam cos you seem very new to tennis. Roddick's lost 1st round to Muller there and now 4th round to a player outside the top 50. So VERY poor 2 slams. If Bagdatis wins the aus open, i will eat my words. Federer was 1.20 against safin cos i actually bet on it and I lost. Coral offered them odds, so you can shut the f*ck up.

Coral offered them odds, so you can shut the f*ck up.
Whats that in aid of then? No need to be overly aggressive mate. I would watch what you post or you will be out of here before you know it. This place is for people to share their opinions. When some know-all like you comes along pretending that they are gods-gift to betting they tend not to stick around very long...

Whats that in aid of then? No need to be overly aggressive mate. I would watch what you post or you will be out of here before you know it. This place is for people to share their opinions. When some know-all like you comes along pretending that they are gods-gift to betting they tend not to stick around very long...
I like people giving their opinions, I just don't like people arguing about FACTS. Cos a fact is a fact whereas an opinion can be anything. How did i pretent i am gods gift to betting? i even admitted many of my bad loses.

Quote:
Henin was very poor and quite fortunate to come through I feel.
I thought it was rather the case of Davenport blowing the third set than Henin powering through. Both were serving poorly, imo.
I agree niether player wsa good, nor did Sharapova impress me in her quarter, first set she was shocking, while I think she might do it, vast doubts must hang over hingis. Kim, I just don't know about her, don't feel right somehow Being objective, we should pay close attention to the Schynder / Maresmo quarter, the winner may come from there. Overall standard hasn't been great

Re: Tennis : Australian Open (16th Jan 2006 - 29th Jan 2006) Federer v Davydenko UP TO AND INCLUDING 31 GAMES @ 2.10 Paddy Power 2pts I think this is a nice price and more value than straight up or handicap/set betting. Against Haas, Federer relaxed a little in the 3rd set and Haas took full advantage to get back into the match. Because of this I expect to see a much more clinical display from Federer as he won't want to drop any more sets or spend any more time on the court than he has to. Against Hrbaty Davydenko really struggled and would have been beaten if Hrbaty hadn't of fatigued. That's not the type of form you want coming into a game against Fed. H2H is 6-0 to Federer and the first 3 were close then Fed has taken the last 3 in straight sets. Looking at Davydenkos matches, he has been getting a really high % of first serves in but still being broken several times and giving away a lot of break points - in the Hrbaty game he was broken 6 times and was only winning 59% of points on his first serve (69% first serves in). Surely Fed will be able to take advantage of this and create a lot of break points chances and ultimately break him serve several times. A 6-4 6-4 6-4 scoreline would win this bet which is why I think it is worthwhile - I expect Fed to win 1 set a lot easier than this so even something like a tiebreak would work 7-6 6-2 6-4. It's obviously more risky than straight 3-0, but I think the extra risk is worthwhile.