Slapdash systems 2006

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Slapdash systems 2006

Sorry to sound stupid but I dont usually bet on horses so was wondering how you work out the place odds you are getting from the win price? Thanks
In most races, it's 1/5 of the win odds (expressed in "fractional form"). E.g., if the win odds are 10/1, the place odds are 2/1. In handicaps with 12 or more winners, or in races with fewer than 8 runners, it's 1/4 of the win odds. E.g., if the win odds are 10/1, then the place odds are 5/2. So on Jump Ship, the one I posted today, the win odds are 11/2. One fifth of that is 11/10, or 2.10 in decimal format.

I still dont get the system Slap - what exactly are you doing? betting the win, and a seperate bet for place and a seperate lay?
No. Just betting each-way at bookies' odds. No laying. The references to Betfair lay odds are just part of identifying which horses to bet on. I don't bet or lay at all on Betfair for this.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 2.20 Southwell Lady Chastity (16/1 Totesport) 10 points EW. Each way system. There's an odds on favourite. We're getting 4.20 for the place, compared to a lay price of 2.76 on Betfair. The win price on Betfair is a bit higher, at 18.5, but the difference in place prices is so large that I'll live with that.

They were right:ok
You sure on that? I have followed Slapdash for the last couple of months. thanks Slap dash:ok Actually noticed with his tips the odds have got lower. on the oher side betting closer to the race you know there is a problem with the horse if the odds suddenly get longer. ie mansion bet :wall:wall:wall:wall ps I am a rank amateur when it comes to Horse racing so I am not questioning you remixx just could do with an explanation why sports live say that

Sports Live say its better to take on selections closer to the race' date=' does this apply with your selections also?[/quote'] It varies. With the "large handicap" ones, it's virtually always better to take the best early price. In the time I've been doing this I only remember once or twice having one of my selections win or place at an SP higher than the best early price. With the "each way system" ones it's more variable. When I looked at my records half way through last year, you'd have done about equally well always taking SP as you would have done always taking the early price. Actually, early prices did better on the win half of the bets and SP did better on the place half. I'm not sure if this continued to be the case. I like to think I can do a bit better by making individual decisions, though of course I don't always get it right. I'm not really sure why I took the price on Ask Yer Dad today, and in retrospect I probably should have taken SP. I'd make the same (wrong) decision to take the early price on Trepa, though: I usually do if the best price is only available at one bookie and the Betfair win price is the same or shorter.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Thanks mate of course u cant predict these things but i think i might wait from now on when u bet on a race where theres an odds on favourite becuz the odds usually get better from what ive seen if u get enough followers your odds will go down on every selection tho right cuz everyone will be on the horse u pick hahahah does this sound stupid?

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 4.50 Bath Danish Monarch (16/1 Blue Square) 10 points EW. Large handicap system. We're getting 5.00 for the place, compared to a lay price of 3.30 on Betfair, and the Betfair win price is also lower at 12/1 (although 20/1 to lay, but some money has been matched at the lower prices, so I won't worry too much about that).