Slapdash systems 2006

Re: Slapdash systems 2006

Get your rule 4 calculator out' date=' short priced fav is a non runner. ;)[/quote'] 40p deduction on Double Spectre (placed), I think. Eulogize and Audit were also placed, and Snark lost. That comes to a 16 point profit. Starting Bank: 1000 Current Bank: 3937.35 Total Staked: 8860 W/P/L: 62/140/241 Profit/Loss: +2937.35 (Win +1041.66, Place +1895.69) Yield: +33.15%

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Bestbetting to look at individual races, mainly because it seems to be reasonably up-to-date and displays the Betfair win prices clearly. But I use Oddschecker to decide which races to look at, because they display all the races at a single meeting on one page with a summary of the betting, so it's easy to pick out the races with odds on favourites, etc.
I'm fairly surprised by this. I thought you might have some fancy spreadsheet that basically pulls the info from betfair and oddschecker or bestbetting. With all the info in excel you could then put the betfair place and win odds up against the odds from the traditional bookmakers. I saw somewhere on this forum a link to a site where you could get the info from betfair into an excel spreadsheet - it was called "value" something or other...........can anyone jog my memory. Just my two peneth - sadly my excel skills arent up to it.

I'm fairly surprised by this. I thought you might have some fancy spreadsheet that basically pulls the info from betfair and oddschecker or bestbetting.
If (a) I weren't lazy, and (b) I had the technical know-how, then I'd have done that! But it doesn't actually take that long to do it by hand, although I'm sure I miss some. It probably takes about 20 minutes on average each morning, and that includes posting here and on Sports Punter. I could probably do it in about 5 minutes most days if I weren't posting them as well.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Can someone help me on this one? I put £10 each way on Double Spectre which came placed at 9-1. how much should I get back? thing is i placed it with Bed fred and you get a bonus upto £100 on the first bet. it says I get the bonus within 48hours, but I have recieved just over £32 back thanks:ok

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 3.55 Lingfield High Style (SP) 10 points EW. Each way system. There's an odds on favourite. We'd get 2.2 for the place at the best early price of 6/1, compared to a lay price of 1.87 on Betfair. The Betfair win price is slightly higher, at 7.6, but the difference in place odds is enough to compensate. For me it's a toss-up whether to take SP or the 6/1, which is available with several bookies.

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Forgot to settle up yesterday. High Style (at 9/2) and Mr Shambles were placed, and Lord Charles lost. That's a 24 point loss. Starting Bank: 1000 Current Bank: 3913.35 Total Staked: 8920 W/P/L: 62/142/242 Profit/Loss: +2913.35 (Win +1011.66, Place +1901.69) Yield: +32.66%

Cheers Slapdash and thanks for this great thread! Sorry for being dense, but how do you count the place odds from the win odds? Anyway, keep on keeping on! :notworthy:ok
Anyone? My logic says it's either 1/4 or 1/5 of the win odds depending on the race, but all the quoted place odds here are different from that. For example, on High style: "We'd get 2.2 for the place at the best early price of 6/1". What am I missing? (half a brain?) :drums

Anyone? My logic says it's either 1/4 or 1/5 of the win odds depending on the race' date=' but all the quoted place odds here are different from that. For example, on High style: "We'd get 2.2 for the place at the best early price of 6/1". [/quote'] It is 1/4 or 1/5 the odds, but of the "fractional" odds, not decimal odds. So for a 6/1 horse at 1/5 the odds: 6 divided by 5 is 1.2, so the place odds are 1.2/1 (or 6/5), which is 2.20 in decimal notation (which is what Betfair uses).

Re: Slapdash systems 2006 Strikeen is still available at 9/2 at Whill Theres's an odds on favourite. We're getting 1.9 for the place, compared to a lay price of 1.76, and the betfair win price is also dropped slightly to 5.6 where previously it was 6.0. Thought i'd post incase people thought they had missed the chance. There's not as much value as before but I folow SDs tips whenever I can provided the gap is still there. ___________________________________________________________________________ Predicting The EPL - via statistical modelling - finished but seeking help to improve http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?p=593410