2006 - 365 days of guaranteed profit BANKER BETS ONLY

aliando

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2006 - 365 days of guaranteed profit BANKER BETS ONLY cheers guys - I was thinking of tweaking it and continuing but with a newborn due within the next few weeks, I really don't think I'm gonna be able to commit myself to the thread that well. I'd be interested in a discussion for improvement to the thread if someone else wanted to have a go - it was mentioned about certain if people put up a bet with good rationale then the author would follow but not with other people's bets. Perhaps we could nominate a select few and then present the potential bets (whether banker or value) to a nominated person/the panel for selection or dismissal? The possibilities are endless, but this may just cause to make everyone disagree...

Re: 2006 - 365 days of guaranteed profit BANKER BETS ONLY Just unlucky Aliando mate. It was always going to be difficult to get your message across and i think it did eventually but by then we had too many losses to catch up. It would have been ideal if we had a trial period to get everyone clued up first and then really go for it. Also a lot of bets were for end of season which can mislead any figures published. Anyway thats my thoughts. Any future way forward? My suggestion would be something along the following lines; At the beginning of the week the 'Author' of the thread could pick 6 possible opportunities that would be played the following weekend. Then from Wednesday til Friday night members register their vote for which one they think is the most likely to succeed. Whichever gets the most votes is that weeks banker and counts for the Competition. So, we have from Monday until say Lunch Time Wednesday to filter 6 good bets from various sports for that coming weekend, by then the odds will be available on everything. From Wed afternoon up until Friday Midnight we invite anyone to convince us of the best bet, that can be backed up with reasoning to persuade others. At Midnight which ever bet has the most votes is the qualifier. This way we only have 1 bet per week but should be a banker agreed by the majority. I think this is what Aliando wanted rather than loads of bets. The profit will be small but hopefully growing as the year goes on. Also cuts out the Season long bets that takes up the Bank. Stakes could be based on how many votes its recieved, so if its 80% of voters it would be staked more than a bet that recieves only 60% and so on. Could get quite a following Just a thought guys Graham (BH)

Re: 2006 - 365 days of guaranteed profit BANKER BETS ONLY

Just unlucky Aliando mate. It was always going to be difficult to get your message across and i think it did eventually but by then we had too many losses to catch up. It would have been ideal if we had a trial period to get everyone clued up first and then really go for it. Also a lot of bets were for end of season which can mislead any figures published. Anyway thats my thoughts. Any future way forward? My suggestion would be something along the following lines; At the beginning of the week the 'Author' of the thread could pick 6 possible opportunities that would be played the following weekend. Then from Wednesday til Friday night members register their vote for which one they think is the most likely to succeed. Whichever gets the most votes is that weeks banker and counts for the Competition. So, we have from Monday until say Lunch Time Wednesday to filter 6 good bets from various sports for that coming weekend, by then the odds will be available on everything. From Wed afternoon up until Friday Midnight we invite anyone to convince us of the best bet, that can be backed up with reasoning to persuade others. At Midnight which ever bet has the most votes is the qualifier. This way we only have 1 bet per week but should be a banker agreed by the majority. I think this is what Aliando wanted rather than loads of bets. The profit will be small but hopefully growing as the year goes on. Also cuts out the Season long bets that takes up the Bank. Stakes could be based on how many votes its recieved, so if its 80% of voters it would be staked more than a bet that recieves only 60% and so on. Could get quite a following Just a thought guys Graham (BH)
Whilst I agree with everything you've said mate and would be very supportive of doing it that way, it's the season long bets that are likely to be more reliable. It's just the nature of sport that regardless of the sport anyone can beat anyone else on any given day, it the reason why we love sport so much. However over a longer period selections should run truer to form.

Re: 2006 - 365 days of guaranteed profit BANKER BETS ONLY to be honest BH - it sounds a great thought! there may be some problems with less-watched sports though. Stakes could be split between yes/no, so if 9 people agree, one doesn't and the rest don't feel they can make a vote, 90% of full stake could go forward...

Re: 2006 - 365 days of guaranteed profit BANKER BETS ONLY Aliando, No, i didnt mean the % of the full bank would go forward ! i just meant the % of our maximum bet allowance, so say we state that £100 is the Max bet, if 80% of voters agree to choose a particualr bet then we have £80 on it but if only 60% vote for it then £60 gets put on it. The bank would still start at £1000 but ith only one bet per week just though we might want to put more on than £50 a time to get the profit up a bit faster. Kev, i dont mind the odd season bet and dont disagree with them but for a system like this we could do without it thats all. We could have a second bank with Ante Post bets, this would also enable more time to discuss them but keep them seperate. BH

Aliando, No, i didnt mean the % of the full bank would go forward ! i just meant the % of our maximum bet allowance, so say we state that £100 is the Max bet, if 80% of voters agree to choose a particualr bet then we have £80 on it but if only 60% vote for it then £60 gets put on it. The bank would still start at £1000 but ith only one bet per week just though we might want to put more on than £50 a time to get the profit up a bit faster. Kev, i dont mind the odd season bet and dont disagree with them but for a system like this we could do without it thats all. We could have a second bank with Ante Post bets, this would also enable more time to discuss them but keep them seperate. BH
I agree mate, this sort of thread can't really accomodate season long bets, I was just saying that a cert will always get turned over here and there on a one off thing but less likely to over a period of time. I'm right behind your theory and would contribute fully and am happy to do some of the donkey work for it if people agree to give it a go.

Re: 2006 - 365 days of guaranteed profit BANKER BETS ONLY Aliando, but didnt we used to put 100% of stake i.e £50 on all bets on the say so of just 1 individual? It may turn out that most of the bets are Football, i dont know, if thats the case then we will get the Footy guys voting. Some weeks it may be Rugby, during Wimbledon it may be Tennis? I really dont think it matters what sport im sure the knowledgable people on the PL will spot a good bet and be able to make a choice and like you say if they dont feel confident about any then they dont vote that week. Cheers Kev, lets see if anyone else has any ideas, just think it will be a shame if Aliando's theory ends here! It could just work!

Re: 2006 - 365 days of guaranteed profit BANKER BETS ONLY bh - yeah, am agreeing with your staking plan! Agree that we need to get the right people on board. kevshat - excellent mate! obviously I'll be contributing too, to help out, but a lot will depend on mini-me as we won't have much help with the new arrival.

Start bank - 1000 No. of bets - 38 Won - 18 Lost - 11 Postponed - 1 Outstanding - 8 New Bank = 310 Bets Outstanding 9 - Sunderland to finish bottom of the premier league (1.12~may~post#53-daftpegasus) 10 - Chelsea to win the Premier League (1/33~may~post#59-jaded) 14 - Reading to be promoted (1.05~may~post#103-kevshat) 20 - EDDIE AHERN to win all weather title (1.50(betfair)~march~post#136-Iwasgoing2backthat1) 21 - Ding Jun Hui to qualify for the Snooker World Championship (1.50~start jan 13~post#137&142-gilly2411) 24 - Australia to win VB Series Outright (1.30~13/1-14/2~post#164-Gilly2411) 25 - Gretna to win the second division (1/25~May~post#168-Ralphie7) 36 - Accrington Stanley to win the conference (1.29~May~post#234-Kevshat)
For those of you who have followed this thread, bet number 24 has just won as Australia won the best of 3 series 2-1

For those of you who have followed this thread' date=' bet number 24 has just won as Australia won the best of 3 series 2-1[/quote'] thanks for the update mate and well done! :ok __________________________________________________ ________ All bets placed in this thread should be bets which the author has as close to a 100% belief that they will win as possible and it is a bet which they would put a substantial amount of their own money on. This thread is not for bets which people believe have good value, but bets which will definitely win regardless of the odds! Please remember that, as this thread is for banker bets only, people with no/little knowledge of the chosen sport may bet on any bets posted here - so please back up the bet with good reasoning and also discuss the bet within its relevant thread. Start bank - 1000 No. of bets - 38 Won - 19 Lost - 11 Postponed - 1 Outstanding - 7 New Bank = 375 Bets Outstanding 9 - Sunderland to finish bottom of the premier league (1.12~may~post#53-daftpegasus) 10 - Chelsea to win the Premier League (1/33~may~post#59-jaded) 14 - Reading to be promoted (1.05~may~post#103-kevshat) 20 - EDDIE AHERN to win all weather title (1.50(betfair)~march~post#136-Iwasgoing2backthat1) 21 - Ding Jun Hui to qualify for the Snooker World Championship (1.50~start jan 13~post#137&142-gilly2411) 25 - Gretna to win the second division (1/25~May~post#168-Ralphie7) 36 - Accrington Stanley to win the conference (1.29~May~post#234-Kevshat)

Great thread Aliando' date=' sorry it had to come to an end, only just found it. Hows the plans going for the next one?[/quote'] thanks for the interest mate :ok with the arrival of little Seren, I've got a few weeks off work and I'll mull over whether I want to try again with a few adjustments... Again, if anyone else wants to try their hand at this, I will happily back you up...