Mr I's Tennis Record

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mr I's Tennis Record Mr I, hope you dont mind my comments? Ive often wondered about the staking methods Fixed Profit v Fixed Stakes. I know many decent judges will always say FStakes is the way to go in the long run. Saying the big priced winners you hit now and again will pay you back handsomely in time. I lean towards the FProfit because its more regimented and makes your mind up for you. I saw your Tennis spreadsheet and was impressed by the results. I quite like the 'Sports Punter' style of different strentghs with bets, it does give you a certain flexibility and that way you can stake a little less on the less fancied selections and still go maximum on the best bets, regardless of price. Will watch with interest, best of luck. BH

Re: Mr I's Tennis Record

I lean towards the FProfit because its more regimented and makes your mind up for you. I saw your Tennis spreadsheet and was impressed by the results.
Yeah I know. Lost that when my comp exploded. Think it'll still be on PL somewhere, I'll have to find it. Will probably go back to fixed profits shortly:lol . Will keep with this for now, probably until after the Aussie Open, then will have another decent set of data to look at. BTW, how would you put E/W bets into fixed profits? I've always thought that the place part of the bet should constitute the fixed profit then if the selection wins it's like a 'bonus'. Maybe that's because I'm usually looking at the other side of the draw to a short priced favourite - however, does this make the stake too high?:unsure I think for Sports-Punter it's best to stick to maximum fixed stakes as mainly looking for an awesome run in one particlar month and the staking is very very restrictive. Thanks for the interest:ok

Re: Mr I's Tennis Record My twopennyworth: Whether the staking plan you've been trying out is good or bad, it's way too early to start drawing conclusions on the basis of this year's results. The answer to whether fixed odds or fixed profits staking is better is ... it depends. It depends on your own betting strengths/weaknesses (if you're best at picking value long-shots, that will tend to favour fixed odds betting, but if you're best at picking value odds-on shots, then that will tend to favour fixed profits staking). It also depends what you mean by "better". I remember the spreadsheet you posted last year, and it did look impressive, which is why I've been following your picks with interest. I don't remember if you did any analysis of how well you did with favourites compared with underdogs? That would have some relevance to your choice of staking strategy.

Re: Mr I's Tennis Record Will Ljubicic win 2-0 v Vliegen? NO @ 2.44 Pinnacle 2pts :D WON profit 2.88pts MOYA v Ljubicic @ 2.42 Pinnacle 2pts :@ LOST loss 2pts Weekly record: W/L = 17/15 Staked = 125pts Profit = -3.988pts Yield = -3.19% -------------------------- Jan 02-08 Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup: Staked 125pts, Profit -3.988pts, Yield -3.19%

Re: Mr I's Tennis Record Just a quick note that 2.5pts fixed profits would have shown a loss of 7.9415pts and fixed stakes of 4pts would have shown a profit of 17.012pts:eek . This can be put down to having a very short priced loser (1.19 and losers and one at 1.33) and a very big priced winner (8.50 also ones at 2.75 and 2.50).

Re: Mr I's Tennis Record MURRAY v Carlsen @ 1.50 Coral 4pts :D WON profit 2pts WAWRINKA v Zib @ 1.606 Pinnacle 4pts :D WON profit 2.424pts BLAKE v Sanguinetti @ 1.333 Pinnacle 8pts :D WON profit 2.664pts Sydney Outright DENT E/W @ 29.00 Stan James (1/2, 1,2) 1pt E/W :@ LOST loss 2pts DENT v Clement @ 1.385 Pinnacle 8pts :@ LOST loss 8pts W/L = 20/17 Staked = 151pts Profit = -6.9pts Yield = -4.57%

Re: Mr I's Tennis Record BAGHDATIS v Nieminen @ 2.1 Coral 2pts :@ LOST loss 2pts HRBATY v Massu @ 1.29 Pinnacle 8pts :@ LOST loss 8pts STEPANEK v Srichaphan @ 1.53 Coral 4pts :@ LOST loss 4pts FERRER v Sluiter @ 1.57 Centrebet 4pts :D WON profit 2.28pts MOYA v Blake @ 2.49 Pinnacle 2pts :\ VOID profit 0pts MASSU v C Rochus @ 1.61 WillHill 4pts :D WON profit 2.44pts HEWITT v Seppi @ 1.20 Pinnacle 8pts :@ LOST loss 8pts Sydney Outright HEWITT @ 3.25 Stan James 2pts :@ LOST loss 2pts Auckland Outright GONZALEZ @ 4.50 Stan James 2pts :@ LOST loss 2pts Auckland Outright OLIVIER ROCHUS E/W @ 19.00 Stan James (1/2, 1,2) 1pt E/W :@ LOST loss 2pts ROCHUS v Nieminen @ 1.84 Pinnacle 4pts :@ LOST loss 4pts ANCIC v Wawrinka @ 1.448 Pinnacle 4pts :D WON profit 1.792pts ANDREEV v Seppi @ 1.709 Pinnacle 4pts :D WON profit 2.836pts ANCIC v Nieminen @ 1.53 Pinnacle 4pts :@ LOST loss 4pts BLAKE v Andreev @ 1.4 Ladbrokes 4pts :D WON profit 1.6pts Well it all fell apart this week. However, it's a long long season and I'm far from dead;) Weekly record: W/L: 8/11 Staked: 84pts Profit: -27.964pts Yield: -33.29% Overall record: W/L = 25/26 Staked = 209pts Profit = -31.952pts Yield = -15.29% -------------------------- Jan 02-08 Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup: Staked 125pts, Profit -3.988pts, Yield -3.19% Jan 09-14 Auckland/Sydney: Staked 84pts, Profit -27.964pts, Yield -33.29%

Re: Mr I's Tennis Record BURGSMULLER v Schuettler @ 2.47 Pinnacle 2pts ANCIC v Calleri @ 1.35 Centrebet 8pts BAGHDATIS v Gimelstob @ 1.373 Pinnacle 8pts KOHLSCHEIBER v Dlouhy @ 1.5 William Hill 4pts MOYA v Pavel @ 1.25 Bet365 8pts TURSUNOV v Henman @ 2.00 Paddy Power 2pts BLAKE 3-0 v Acasuso @ 1.61 Coral 4pts Stepanek/Nalbandian/Blake/Berdych/Ljubicic/Roddick @ 1.69 Coral 4pts

Re: Mr I's Tennis Record BURGSMULLER v Schuettler @ 2.47 Pinnacle 2pts :D WON profit 2.94pts ANCIC v Calleri @ 1.35 Centrebet 8pts :D WON profit 2.8pts BAGHDATIS v Gimelstob @ 1.373 Pinnacle 8pts :D WON profit 2.984pts KOHLSCHEIBER v Dlouhy @ 1.5 William Hill 4pts :D WON profit 2pts MOYA v Pavel @ 1.25 Bet365 8pts :@ LOST loss 8pts TURSUNOV v Henman @ 2.00 Paddy Power 2pts :D WON profit 2pts BLAKE 3-0 v Acasuso @ 1.61 Coral 4pts :@ LOST loss 4pts Stepanek/Nalbandian/Blake/Berdych/Ljubicic/Roddick @ 1.69 Coral 4pts :D WON profit 2.76pts Overall record: W/L = 31/28 Staked = 249pts Profit = -28.468pts Yield = -11.43%