ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup MURRAY v Berdych @ 2.17 Pinnacle 2pts Tough match to price up this one. I remember when they played in Basel not too long ago I called it a 50/50 game and backing Berdych at about 2.4. Since then of course Berdych won the Masters Series event in Paris but is that enough the swing the odds so much? The surface is quite different, but I feel that should swing it in Murrays favour. It is quite a bit slower so will nullify the threat of Berdychs serve a bit and also won't punish Murray for him normal 50-55% first serve percentage. In the first round Murray was very rusty, but after losing the first set he looked comfortable against Lorenzi. Berdych struggled a bit against Calleri, eventually coming through 6-4 6-7 6-4. I'm not quite sure Berdych is titally prepared for this part of the season, especially after the huge high he had at the end of last year.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup KIEFER v Gaudio @ 1.53 WillHill 4pts Great price from WillHill here. Bet365 go 1.44 with still isn't bad. WillHill opened at 1.61 but I missed it:cry . I don't think Gaudio can be bothered with this tournament, do idea why he has turned up. Have to think he has drawn the short straw. He was very poor against Wessels and I can't see him producing a great improvement in this match. Kiefer was pretty strong against Arthurs and I think the Germans fancy winning this. These guys played in Indian Wells last year and Kiefer was very comfortable winning 6-3 6-1. The conditions here certainly favour Kiefer and I expect this to be very straightforward.

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup A couple of bets for Wednesday with some decent value IMO. ;) 20pts Lopez-Henman (2.60 @ Ladbrokes) Haas was very very lucky to scrape through against Wawrinka yesterday and he clearly isn't in any sort of form to play and beat what I think is a very in-form Henman. So long as Henman repeats what he achieved yesterday, he should walk this one. Lopez should also have the beating of Baghdatis IMO. Lopez is often a very sharp player at the start of a new season and the freshness he has shown over the last couple of years at this time of the year should bode well for his clash with the young Cypriot. 20pts Ancic-Nieminen (2.35 @ Ladbrokes) Malisse is as big a bottler as they come and in spite of his (occasional)talents, I don't see him touching even a very mediocre Ancic - expect this to be a stroll in the park for the Croat. Nieminen to beat Mayer has to be as big a shot as they come - let's face it, Nieminen loves this part of the world and it's no coincidence his biggest Grand Slam performances have all been reserved for the Australian Open. Another one of those who start the new year very well and I can only see him getting the better of a very average Mayer. 10pts Sanguinetti to beat Youzhny (2.75 @ Ladbrokes) Youzhny has shown glimpses of the inconsistency yesterday which suggests nothing will ever justfiy Sanguinetti starting at such massive odds - Sanguinetti is a big-serving veteran who has a few tricks up his sleeve to deal with the seemingly limited arsenal of the Russian. I really wouldn't have this as any more than a 50-50 shot either way. 10pts Moodie to beat Monfils (2.75 @ Ladbrokes) Moodie is no mug, really. He didn't beat Mirnyi by luck and his big-serving game could well trouble an inconsistent Monfils too much for the Frenchman's liking. Expect the South African veteran to run Monfils close and this is clearly another 50-50 shot in my book. 5pts Serra to beat Robredo (3.75 @ Ladbrokes) Robredo isn't a world beater on this surface and I can certainly see him running into a few problems if he drops his level. Serra is slowly emerging as one to watch who is well capable of causing a few giant-killing feats and is certainly way overpriced for this one IMO. If Serra plays at his best, this really should be a 5/6 shot either way. Cheers & Good Luck! :ok Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 89.20pts Profit/Loss : -10.80pts

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup

Not much to my liking in the first rounds apart from Grosjean v El Anyaoui. Grosjean is a good solid player and El had a very poor season last year due to injuries and struggled everytime he went up from the challenger circuit. Grosjean only 1.16 but i like a bit of odds on:ok
Unlucky there mate. Grosjean was awful, really awful. Hope I managed to put you off a bit:hope .

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup Put me off alright,shame i only just read it:\ Just caught the end of the second set and maybe too much turkey for monsieur grosjean. Nevermind was only small bet as it is early in the year:) Like the look of Kiefer against Gaudio off to look at the stats.

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup Hopman Cup: GERMANY v Argentina @ 1.33 Paddy Power 8pts I think this is a very decent price. Already said what needs to be said about the Kiefer v Gaudio match. The womens singles is Groenefeld v Dulko. I really fancy (in fact I love, but that is a different matter) Groenefeld to make real progress this year and could end up in the top 10. I'm tempted to back her for this match however will leave it as she is still recovering from an ankle injury late last year. Dulko, just like Gaudio, seems like she does not want to be here. She lost all 4 of her singles matches last year and has already lost her first this year. I think Groenefeld has a very good chance of picking up her first victory of what should be a really good year. If it comes down to the doubles (which I think is doubtful) the Germans look a much much stronger team - remember that Groenefeld has been playing doubles with Navratalova for quite a while. Also Gaudio is really bad at doubles.

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup Any views on the clash between Hingis and Koukalova tonight/tpmorow early morning. TBH, I can't see any reason why Hingis is so short and even shortening (1.47 to 1.40 @ B365). Well, she's a former champion, she disposed of 140ish placed opponent in good fashion in the first round. But this time, she is facing Koukalova who's been climbing in the rankings for several years, is in the 35th place now after winning the first two career titles last year and will sure fancy beating the former champion. Hingis's training patterns are a bit in the fog as well and even last week she looked like big time out of practice. Hmm, 2/5 shot, don't think so. Any views appreciated.;)

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup I know exactly what you're saying T, saw a couple of clips of Hingis' match and her serve is still very weak and she was mis-timing a few shots. Also her opponent was at least 20lbs overweight. However, I only follow the top womens tennis, and thus know absolutely nothing about Koukalova:\. And I want Hingis to do well so she doesn't retire again and I might get to see her play Groenefeld:nana

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup MOYA v Gimelstob @ 1.4 Pinnacle 4pts Can't help but feel this is quite generous. Moya loves this place and has an 11-0 record here having won the tournament in his two appearances. He had a blip in the second set of his first match against big serving Norman but still came through alright. I expect to see a better performance against Gimelstob. The big American has been on a roll lately going 8-2 in his last 10 but these were mostly at challenger level where he had a 23-15 record last year compared to 7-7 at ATP level. The gap in class between these two is huge, and I cannot see it being breached.

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup Balls. First bad night. I guess Groenefeld is still injured: ANCIC v Malisse @ 1.617 Pinnacle 4pts :@ LOST loss 4pts KIEFER v Gaudio @ 1.53 WillHill 4pts :D WON profit 2.12pts GERMANY v Argentina @ 1.33 Paddy Power 8pts :@ LOST loss 8pts W/L = 7/2 Staked = 40pts Profit = 3.564pts Yield = 8.91% Nice call on Serra ed:ok. Also Hingis won easily again, perhpas this is the real deal?:unsure

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup EL AYNAOUI v Tursunov @ 3.04 Pinnacle 2pts Well, Grosjean was bad, but I was quite impressed with what I saw from Grosjean. I was close to playing Grosjean at that price, however I had a concern that Younes loves this tournament and the crowd love him. Also he did start to improve a lot towards the end of last year and his record in the last ten matches is 6-4 including wins over Dupuis, Jimmy Wang and Hanescu which is surprsing given how bad he was earlier in the year. His record in this tournament is 12-4 including 8-2 in the last 10. Last time he played in in this was 2004 where he lost in the first round to Lapentti but he was injured. Tursunov doesn't set the world alight, although he did beat Tipsarevic in the first round pretty well. He doesn't have a particularly consistant game, and that should help Younes keep the rallies to the length he wants and pretty short. I also think Tursunov is a stubborn bloke who will just go out there and play his own game, which should help Younes to get a lot of shots on his forehand and he could start to dictate. If he serves as well as he did yesterday, this one could be tight and I like this price.

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup SANGUINETTI v Youzhny @ 2.96 Pinnacle 2pts This price has drifted quite a bit, and now I think it is playable. Youzhny hasn't really moved on at all in the past couple of years, and still shows a lot of inconsistancy. You can see that by looking at his record last year by surface; 11-10 on hard courts, 4-4 on carpet, 6-6 on clay and 3-2 on grass. Very average. Also a 7-8 record in tiebreaks so not a lot of positives! Sanguinetti is a bugger to play. His old school style frustrates a lot of players but it gets results. Last year he went 22-11 on hard courts (although that did include a few challengers), his record was 20-16 (all surfaces) at ATP level. He was also 19-14 in tiebreaks and 12-5 on hard courts. This could be significant as if he can keep it tight he'd fancy his chances in the breaker. In the first round Sanguinetti had a very good win over Oliver Rochus (including winning 2 tiebreaks!) and I expect another solid performance today. He's the type of guy that could force Youzhny into a lot of errors which makes him a worthwhile shot at juicy odds.

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup STARACE v Volandri @ 2.02 Pinnacle 2pts Two Italians up here and I think Starace is in much better shape. He came through qualifying and had a very good win over Andreev in the first round. He should be coming into this full of confidence especially a he has a 2-1 H2H (all on clay) against the Italian number 1. Starace has a half decent record on hard courts going 5-6 since the start of last year and 11-11 since 2000. He still does most of his business on clay, but he is getting better on hard, and if he improved his serve he could be very decent. Volandri is really bad on hard courts. Last year he went 0-7 (yeah he didn't win a match!) on hard courts and also he is 2-8 in tiebreaks on hard courts since 2000. A very poor record which isn't improved by a win over Mahut - Starace will be much tougher opposition and I think Starace should be favourite.

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup I really like Murray and one to watch as past results show... but i think Berdych is class already. He is young, motivated and always seems to go for the right shot. We will see if my judgements right ! M money is with him at 8/11 @ bet365. :drums Good Luck !

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup

I'll be backing Berdych to beat Murray 2nite. Murray is good but Berdych is better and at 8/11 he looks a decent bet.
I really like Murray and one to watch as past results show... but i think Berdych is class already. He is young, motivated and always seems to go for the right shot. We will see if my judgements right ! M money is with him at 8/11 @ bet365. :drums
Thanks guys!! One bad day and you all turn:lol. Well, maybe bad is an understatement:puke HENMAN v Haas @ 1.741 Pinnacle 4pts :@ LOST loss 4pts MOYA v Gimelstob @ 1.4 Pinnacle 4pts :D WON profit 1.6pts EL AYNAOUI v Tursunov @ 3.04 Pinnacle 2pts :@ LOST loss 2pts SANGUINETTI v Youzhny @ 2.96 Pinnacle 2pts :@ LOST loss 2pts STARACE v Volandri @ 2.02 Pinnacle 2pts :@ LOST loss 2pts W/L = 8/6 Staked = 54pts Profit = -4.836pts Yield = -8.96% Well, you have to have one awful day per year, let's call this mine;)

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup Surely, this isn't a sign of things to come? :wall Henman (that twat as usual) and Ancic are perhaps revealing a sign or two about the inconsistency which will plague them for the season to come... Anyway, back to some tennis on Thursday. 32.95pts Berdych-Hrbaty-Hewitt (2.60 @ Ladbrokes) Hewitt to beat Kohlschreiber is pretty much self-explanatory. Hrbaty should have too much even for a rejuvenated Philippoussis who clearly hasn't shown any glimpses of what made him the player he once was since he returned to the circuit last autumn at the US Open - Hrbaty, on the other hand, has simply been going from strength to strength. Berdych and Murray both didn't get off to awesome starts in their opening round, dropping a set en route to their win. That said, Berdych has just proved that bit more resilient(not to mention he faced a tougher opponent in Calleri) as well and I just have to fancy him to edge out Murray. Cheers & Good Luck! :ok Starting Bank : 100.00pts Current Bank : 42.95pts Profit/Loss : -57.05pts

Re: ATP Tennis Adelaide/Doha/Chennai/Hopman Cup Not you too ed:lol. Anyway, need to get back on track: KARLOVIC v Carlsen @ 1.5 StanJames 4pts Can't see Karlovic having too many problems here. He did well to get past Chela and this should be a much better match up for him. Carlsen has been past it for the past few years and he really shouldn#t be able to create any chances on the giant croats serve. This is also going to be a rare match up where Karlovic will be able to dictate any back court rallies and with the confidence he brings into this match I think he will be far too strong. DJOKOVIC v Schukin @ 1.29 Pinnacle 8pts Djokovic really should win this easily. The two matches I've seen Schukin play this week he has been awful. Dent destroyed him and then Johansson beat him in two tiebreaks (but Johansson is injured and just did what he had to). I think that Johansson result is inflating the price but really Djokovic should have no problems and get a confidence building win. USA v Sweden @ 1.45 CentreBet 4pts In the ladies, it's Arvidsson v Raymond. I'll confess to knowing little about womens tennis at there level, but from what I've seen, Raymond looks to be the more solid player and I'd fancy her to win a tight match. In the mens it's Dent v Johansson. Johansson is injured, he has an infection in his foot and has been labouring all week. Dent on the other hand is firing, he looks in better shape than last year and is serving very well. Also, he leads the H2H 4-1. If it comes down to the doubles the American team looked very good in the match I saw, and I'd match them strong favourites for that especially with it being Johanssons second match. Note: I would have bet on Dent in the singles, but the price has come in from 1.79ish to 1.685 at Pinnacle and I don't feel like taking it after that much of a drop (should have got in earlier:$ ).