Sporting Odds Poker Challenge

Sharpe1ne

SportingOdds Poker Challenge - Reloaded In December six SportingOdds Poker players came to London to play in the SportingOdds People's Poker Challenge and after two days of playing and filming (and a fair bit of drinking) Esso1 walked away with $3500 in his back pocket. You can catch the edited highlights on Pokerzone in January but before then you can win your seat for the Poker Challenge in one of the 6 satellite freerolls. Once again the final table will receive pro tips before the game with the SportingOdds Poker expert, Tony 'Tikay' Kendall. Then you will sit down with the five other SportingOdds Poker clients and battle it out for the $5k pot and the all important bragging rights. Will your friends and family ever tire of watching you winning a poker tournament on television? Possibly, but we say revel in your glory! How to qualify To qualify you must win one of our 6 freerolls at 7.30pm (GMT) on the 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd, 28th and 29th January. Please note this event is only for UK residents. When SportingOdds Poker Challenge will be filmed by Poker Zone (channel 226) on the 2nd + 3rd February. Where London Roll on January:ok

• 5 weeks later...

Re: Sporting Odds Poker Challenge Hey Danno, think fenners has the email address of the man in charge of the poker Challenge (guy who contacted them with details of trip to London) - maybe he's the guy to to tell us why so many non UK people get in. Cos they (the Eastern Europeans) don't give a damn about losing then (IMHO) they turn it into a farce. Think my bro has the info as well - but he's probably lost it as he's not email sensible.

Re: Sporting Odds Poker Challenge

Cos they (the Eastern Europeans) don't give a damn about losing then (IMHO) they turn it into a farce.
That is the problem - they can call with anything cos can't win the prize anyway. I went out tonight to a man from Debrecen who caught his J high flush on the river to beat my AK (K on flop). The whole tournament becomes a joke and a waste of time :wall

Re: Sporting Odds Poker Challenge This is the email i sent lastnight and the reply: To: Sportingodds Support Subject: Sporting odds poker challenge I have noticed that there are a lot of foriegners playing in the poker challenge freeroll. on your website it says UK residents only..i have pasted this below from you website. How to qualify To qualify you must win one of our 6 freerolls at 7.30pm (GMT) on the 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd, 28th and 29th January. Please note this event is only for UK residents. So can you confirm that this is correct and what is being done regarding non uk residents playing in these tournaments? Also as they are playing are they eligable for the prize? SO nickname: Rednutt Dear Lynn, Thanks for your email. We can confirm that we are currently looking into methods to restrict the number of entries from outside the UK in these tournaments. However I should point out that these users are automatically excluded from winning any prizes and risk being disqualified from the site for repeated incidents of the nature. We had been hoping that this would be an active deterrent but we are hoping to introduce coding to prevent entry prior to the start of the tournament in addition to this stance. Kind regards, Jim Folliard Customer Care Supervisor SportingOdds.com Email: [email protected] Telephone: 08000 727 727 (9am - 8pm) International: +44 207 553 4164 I actually had a guy in the tournament lastnight tell me that live help told him everyone was allowed to play.

Re: Sporting Odds Poker Challenge i managed to get to the final table on sat 21st. i was 8th in chips. it was littered with foreigners only 3 uk i think. anyway i made last 4 and was second in chips when i went all in with the short stack (probably hungarian). my A7 against his A4 with a flop of 568 i was very confident, turn a 3, then the river was a 7. i was hurt but still in it. then i was dealt KK and was all in with the only guy who couldve been from the uk but wasnt admitting it (he was talking in broken english but his location was eastleigh). anyway he had AK, an ace came on the flop and i had spent 3 and a half hours playing for nowt. why do these things happen at the most crucial moment? i couldv'e been on telly. i havn't heard anything since so he must have been uk, and he seemed quite happy to win it. cant help feeling it should have been me though.

Re: Sporting Odds Poker Challenge when talking to the qualifiers in the last final dazvegas said he came 5th but 1st 4 were turks and only 3 on the final table could qualify he siad he didnt think the other 2 british realised as they were calling with things like J Q when 2 turks were all in why they dont mention only gb players can qualify in the top right hand corner (tourney info) is beyond me the e mail for the touney director is [email protected] if a lot of people mail him saying this he might do something but dont tell him where you got his e mail from hes a very decent guy and treated us really well

Re: Sporting Odds Poker Challenge while playing the final table, dazvegas had been knocked out earlier but was watching the final table. he asked how many were uk and that only uk qualify, and told us he'd been in the last one. i was unsure on this rule beforehand so i played accordingly after that, trying to make sure i was outlasting anyone from the uk. thats why i was unsure of the eventual winner because when asked he seemed to be hiding the fact he was english (being sly). if you do quailify, are you told straight away? because theres nowhere that says who has. if only to find out its someone else playing for $5000.

Re: Sporting Odds Poker Challenge

while playing the final table' date=' dazvegas had been knocked out earlier but was watching the final table. he asked how many were uk and that only uk qualify, and told us he'd been in the last one. i was unsure on this rule beforehand so i played accordingly after that, trying to make sure i was outlasting anyone from the uk. thats why i was unsure of the eventual winner because when asked he seemed to be hiding the fact he was english (being sly). if you do quailify, are you told straight away? because theres nowhere that says who has. if only to find out its someone else playing for $5000.[/quote'] not sure cos I won when I qualified I got E mail after the last round confirming the final details all finalists did mention their concern about the number of foreigners playing but it seems to be worse than ever:wall

Re: Sporting Odds Poker Challenge DAMN YOU DOYLE BRUNSON!!!!!!!! :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ Sitting with KQs on my BB some one raise 5xBB. I called and resolved to bet into it all in as long as no cards higher came out. So I'm heads up and the flop comes 4 7 7. Well that MUST have missed him, so I feel confident in betting him off the pot, so I go for it. He calls and turns 78c. (I know, that wasn't Doyles fault directly but I can't be to blame) Ah well, it went to a foreign player, so I wished him good luck. :lol

Re: Sporting Odds Poker Challenge I was doing ok until this hand Hand #189521442 at table: Poker Challenge Started: Sat Jan 28 20:38:39 2006 mr woody is at seat 1 with 4305.00 szego1 is at seat 2 with 545.00 Danielllla is at seat 3 with 2375.00 filurx is at seat 4 with 450.00 Tilt_you is at seat 5 with 695.00 Papaya20 is at seat 6 with 12005.00 Odonke is at seat 7 with 385.00 herbholdem is at seat 8 with 8130.00 Laidback3 is at seat 9 with 11000.00 zsanett12 is at seat 10 with 225.00 mr woody posts the large blind 300.00 zsanett12 posts the small blind 150.00 zsanett12: --, -- mr woody: --, -- szego1: --, -- Danielllla: --, -- filurx: --, -- Tilt_you: --, -- Papaya20: --, -- Odonke: --, -- herbholdem: --, -- Laidback3: Kc, 10s Pre-flop: szego1: Fold Danielllla: Fold filurx: Fold Tilt_you: Fold Papaya20: Fold Odonke: Fold herbholdem: Fold Laidback3: Raise 900.00 zsanett12: Fold mr woody: Call 900.00 Flop (Board: 6c, 6h, 10d): mr woody: All in Laidback3: Call 3705.00 Showdown: mr woody shows: 5h, 2h (a pair of Sixes) Laidback3 shows: Kc, 10s (two pair, Tens and Sixes) Turn (Board: 6c, 6h, 10d, Qh): River (Board: 6c, 6h, 10d, Qh, 7h): mr woody shows: 5h, 2h (Queen high flush) Mainpot: mr woody wins the pot of 9360 with Queen high flush :puke :puke :puke