VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

rippyuk

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

that pub next to pascha looked well suspect last year ' date='about 30 reserviour dogs giving each other occasional nods.[/quote'] says the bloke who walked in with his black suit followed by 3 heavies lol as we approach the bar, conversation was..... who are you then...... im.......... nod nod wanna drink....... nod nod whats your name again ......... oh the fun lmao:rollin

Told ya i was unlucky ronay!
You are not.. It was the right call to make. Just sometimes the turn or river will do that to you. Hold steady and keep playing the game things will turn around. Had the best cards myself in an all-in pre-flop 3 players in the other two shared the straight... bugger. But would still do it again with AJ. Better luck tomorrow matey :hope

You are not.. It was the right call to make. Just sometimes the turn or river will do that to you. Hold steady and keep playing the game things will turn around. Had the best cards myself in an all-in pre-flop 3 players in the other two shared the straight... bugger. But would still do it again with AJ. Better luck tomorrow matey :hope
cheers ronay, i was gutted, but at least it was to 3 aces and not a silly str8 or flush draw as long as im not silly from now on, i think ill make top 15, which will gimme a reserve player pass to the tourney, ill be happy with that, and pray 5 people fall asleep and miss trains etc lol gl to all fighting for a top 20 spot, still a long way to go and anyone can win.:cheers

Table one has been fun tonight :unsure
Was wasn't it, and all down to one tw@t being just that. And then he got the hump when we started slow playing, and it kicked off from there. The way he was talking with his pal, I doubt his age. Certainly his mental age is not 18, and nor is his IQ. So, whenever you PLers see Socky Steve, Slow play, insult him and generally piss him off!. He deserves it!

Spur goes into techy mode: Depends on the browser. Fine in IE, but doesn't work in Firefox (my own browser of choice). Sommat to do with the way the formatting is handled. It's a swine to get any web page to look fine on all browsers without writing a detection routine and then do specific versions of pages for each. IE is not my choice, but it does port the formatting from Excel OK, and to excel if you need to. Pocket Lady, though it pains me to say it, try looking at it in IE if you are not. Should read fine then.
Thanks Spur :ok (leaderboard deleted)

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Has anyone got more up to date information about the live tourny? Any details would be muchly appreciated ie venue, date, start time etc. just so i can same myself a few hundred quid on travel, if i actually make it through! :hope I know a lot of this stuff has been covered already but wading through the last 30 pages seems a bit of a chore, and i seem to recall someone saying they were on the case! Thanks

Table one has been fun tonight :unsure
Oh what fun it was! One of my best short-stacked games in a long time. Would quite happily have gone out ages before but since Socky Steve was being such an arse, I had no option but to resort to the newly learnt tactics, as instructed and aided by Spurman and Mivi. When the tactics where turned on him, he was far from happy and began a constant barrage of abuse and pathetic complaints. Nothing eggs me on more than an arse like that. Then along came his compadré - Plum1968! Probably not as bad as Socky Steve but definately up there with the other knob-jockeys who spoil what is 99% of the time an excellent game with excellent opponents. I'll be praying to avoid them both but should our paths cross again, I will undoubtedly resort to similar tactics. Unless he's short stacked & then I'll bide my time and take the pratt for all he has! That said, he's qualified for Monday now and with it being half-term, will no doubt be out being a chav and annoying other peoples lives! That's it! Another rant over....seems that's all I do of late! Apologies and I'm sure many people have stopped reading by this point anyways. Let's hope today is a far more enjoyable and rewarding day.

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 I quite enjoyed it to be honest. :ok We all know that one big stacked person can control a whole table. I was quite surprised how much of an effect 3-4 short stacked people can do. would be interesting to see the same people in a cash/real money tourney game, to see what would happen.

These lunch times are just wrong. Me AK busted out by 44. ;(
Ul same hand killed me too. Low flop all diamonds. Had the high pair. Plus flush draw A high. All-in. Silly 4's. Another came on the turn aswell. :cry Back to playing the slow game no gambling allowed... boring

think i may faint just looked at the table as i got in 43rd!!!!!!!! from a discon someone must have played for me surely
Must be something in the water Mo, I was 61st as a dicon this afternoon! These 2pm games aren't so bad after all... :rollin

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Nufc you were on my table, 5 playing and slow playing at that, i had the all in monsters Plum and Sharky.... who wouldnt go all in lol even when i flopped 4 aces and 3 full houses! Still, i did a blake with 9k and 49 left and scraped through in 27th! AND MO! UR MORE LUCKY AS A DISCO THAN A PLAYER, 3 ALL INS DISCON ATTEPMTS AND U STILL WON! TOOK U TO 1K FROM 200 AND U SURVIVED ANOTHER 40 PLACES