** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ten to follow

Right, its that time of year again. Stick up your Ten to follow for the jumps season. We will start from the traditional curtain raiser, the Paddy power mtg at Cheltenham in a couple of weeks. 10pts per win 1pt per SP odds (i.e 10/1 gives another 10pts) No additional points for better races etc. Just stick down 10 horses & we will close this after the Grand National in April.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ten to follow Bowles i might have a go at this but to be honest I dont know enough about horseracing so some advice would be nice. Firstly where do I look to find a horses name. Might sound stupid but yes I bet occasionally on horses but on a day to day basis and look at what is running that day if this makes sense.

Re: Ten to follow

Bowles i might have a go at this but to be honest I dont know enough about horseracing so some advice would be nice. Firstly where do I look to find a horses name. Might sound stupid but yes I bet occasionally on horses but on a day to day basis and look at what is running that day if this makes sense.
no probs staffy, sportinglife.com is a good racing site & attheraces.com also The Sun publishes a book every year full of horses to follow which retails at about 4.99 from WH Smiths etc or the daily papers normally have their 10 to follow in around now, so keep an eye out in those.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Ten to follow Come on Jeffers!!! we got the first bonus race with Our Vic!!! and well done Socky1 for Watson Lake in Ireland!!! Looking forward to tomorrow as I have Moscow Flyer and Solerina both running at Navan in Ireland! who knows I may be one of the leaders after tomorrow!!! I think a lot of people in this comp will not have taken into account the fact that the likes of Solerina will be contesting regularly in Ireland in races £20k+ and the way the points are given in this comp, if taken on last seasons form Solerina is gonna win a lot of points :hope well let's hope!!! Anyhows it's still early days yet!!! Good luck everyone!!! Regards, Jonesy Knows.

Staffy

Socky 1

Kevshat

Jeffers

Bowles10

Jonesyknows

Parkbench Rvrs

Arcalis

Trabolgan

Arcalis

Celestial Gold

Andreas

Brave Inca

Albuhera

Baracouda

inglis drever

Rasharrow

Harchibald

Celtic Son

Arcalis

Racing Demon

Contraband

watson lake

Inglis Drever

Kicking King

Essex

Moscow Flyer

Penzance

Distant Prospect

rasharrow

Kauto Star

Impek

Inglis Drever

Kauto Star

Kauto Star

Funny Times

faasal

Bob Bob Bobbin

Ollie Magern

Kauto Star

Monet's Garden

Trablogan

Hobbs Hill

ollie magern

Trabolgan

Thisthatandtother

Mephisto

Our Vic

Mephisto

Inch Pride

harchibald

Ollie Magern

Accordion Etoile

O'muircheartiagh

War Of Attrition

Mighty Man

See You Sometime

racing demon

Monkerhostin

Our Vic

Penzance

Kicking King

United

Supreme Developer

ragthar beau

Celestial Gold

Back In Front

Trabolgan

Inglis Drever

Ollie Magern

Tikram

No refuge

Kicking King

Racing Demon

war of Attrition

Solerina

Harchibald

Totals

Sorry, I read the thread again :D No worries :k
sorry jeffers, was gonna follow the usual Racing post rules, then thought better of it! & just 10pts per win + SP (1pt). Good start though if you are in the real thing. Ive got 4 entries & failed to get a winner this weekend:sad

Re: Ten to follow I don't understand what's going on on the real thing, I've logged in and I get this:

Jumps 2005-2006spacer.gifPrize: No Active Prizes
spacer.gif
spacer.gifLast Point Update: There are no points for this competition yet.
spacer.gifPoints earned for each selection are shown in brackets.
Red = Banker horse.Maroon = Non-Runner.Orchid = Banker AND Non-Runner.
Date: 05/11/2005 06:11:16League Name:
Transaction Total: £10.00
spacer.gifBet Number: 1
1073 Celestial Gold1030 Back In Front1180 Harchibald1240 Kicking King1335 Ollie Magern
1344 Our Vic1456 Thisthatandtother1197 Impek1001 Accordion Etoile1368 Racing Demon
wtf :\

Re: Ten to follow Im suprised that there is only six of us in nevermind ,still quite competitive. Chose not to have a paddy horse this year cus they normally nothing else for the rest of season after except for celestrial last year. If id read it proper and realised we were only having points for winners and prices my list would have been full a good hanicappers who run loads of times during a season but never in big races.