** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October

nastro 1888 -didn't you think of adding Spain on the 'cap - they need to win by five to qualify;)
I was actually, mate - Im just watching euro-sport news and it was telling of the permutations of teams - very interested actually, going to have a wee look at prices - I won a load in June ( i think !! ) betting czech rep and sweden -4 goals each against Andorra and Malta, now in deep thought !!!:eyes

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers mate - all I see is J.W's red and black label all bloody day !!!!! you can have as much as you want from our staff shop !!!! :clap strange set-up there !!! I was at the celtic - Partizan belgrade game in Mostar ( stayed in Sarajevo ) 1989 - got strange reactions to national thoughts - Im thinking strongly now about serb.
Celtic-Partizan what a tie ! Especially Glasgow game 5:4 , one of the best football games i ever saw! That time (`89) is a time of nationalistic rebirth , and fall of communism in former Yugoslavia , that led to civil war in `91 ... I really can`t support , team that doesn`t has the name of my country only ... Yugoslavia, S & M (it even sounds ridicioulus , like sado-mazo ) ... My hopes are that Montenegro will declare indepedence next spring ,and that i`ll go to Deutschland , as a Serbia fan , to support it with whole heart ! Damn i went to politics ... :wall Tulenos , thanks for info , and for spankin` especially ... ;)

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October Is there something potentially funny going to happen at the Albania/Turkey match? Racing Post/Bettingzone seem to think so and they're slighty more paranoid than I usually am that the 33/1 that would usually be applied to the Albania HT/Turkey FT result has been bet down to 14/1! http://www.bettingzone.co.uk/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=betting/05/10/11/manual_172853.html

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October Good Luck Chaps One bet for me on SERBIA to beat Bosnia @ 8-15 [Ladbrokes] Although both teams will be motivated to get a result, I think the solid Serb defence will shut down the Bosnia attack,and there will be openings on the break to get a goal or two themselves.

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October I don't have time to write up huge reason why, but tonight I've taken 3 teams, Wales & Serbia at home because of the (poor) quaility of teams they're playing. Also Armenia away to Andorra, despite Armenia not being a great team, Andorra are worse and 1.8 is value to me

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October Maroon Heaven, avoid the Scotland game at all costs. Neither team can qualify for the playoff game (Slovenia due to their head to head record with Norway, lost both 3:0 and 3:2). This is the kind of game Scotland could well go out and win. If pushed my money would be on a narrow Scotland win, either 1:0 or 2:1. Also in group 5 I really fancy Belarus to take care of a very average, if not poor Norway side. After seeing Belarus first hand on Saturday and Norway last month I simply cannot believe Norway are favourites. Belarus passed the ball superbly and looked very dangerous on attack where Norway's tactic seems to be lumping high balls to Carew looking for the knock down (is Carew avaliable for tonight?). Belarus will be on a high after their first away world cup win on Saturday and according to all reports Norway were very poor (again) against Moldova on Saturday. Double for me tonight on Belarus and S&M (for all reasons stated earlier).

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October Does the away goals rule apply to the head to head comparisons of teams on same points? If so then all serbia needs is a draw and they will finish on top of their group due drawing 1-1 in madrid and 0-0 in belgrade. Is this correct?

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October No away goals don't apply. The amount of goals scored does. i.e in this occasion 1-1. I've posted the tie break rules below : The first tie-breaker is head-to-head points - not goals. If there are two teams tied, only the two head-to-head home and away games played are taken into consideration. Thus, if Team A wins one and draws one, Team A will have four points and Team B just one. If teams are still not separated after taking into account head-to-head points, you must look next at their goal difference in their head-to-head encounters. If they are still equal on head-to-head goal difference, then the greater number of goals scored in the head-to-head matches is the deciding factor. Still equal? Next is goal difference in all the group matches, followed by the greater number of goals scored in all the group matches. If none of the above factors can break the stalemate, a play-off game is held on a neutral ground

Just one thing about Czechs ' date=' i`m probably missing something , but isn`t a draw in Finland enough for them to qualify for playoffs ?[/quote'] No, a draw isn´t enough.. Sweden are 3 points up against the Czechs and 10 goals. This means that Sweden must lose with 0-1 against Iceland while the Czechs beat Finland with 9-0 (as an example)!! Not very likely... About the Sweden game.. Sweden -2.0 at 1.95 (Betfair) is pretty good! I think they will win by at least two. As an example Any unquoted score at Betfair is down to about 3! Sweden hasn´t been playing all that well offensively without Zlatan and also I think the coach Lagerbäck has been choosing the wrong strikers (like Mattias Jonsson in the last game). On the press conference last night the Swedish player Edman promised that they will try to run over Iceland completely as they are, with 99.99% certainty, in the WC! This means they will not rest any players and probably play an offensive game tonight! This will be my major bet (at least if Zlatan is playing tonight) today.. will also try Switzerland away against Ireland as they played well against France. Price: 3.90 GL to everyonecrossfingers.gif

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October There are some news about match Serbia – Bosnia. Serbia news: -Dragutinovic definetely won’t play, just like Stankovic -Zigic is ready for match Bosnia news: -central defender Branimir Bajic (f.c. Partizan-Belgrade) will not play this night because of life-security reason. He received anonym not-friendly message -Milenkovic (Lierse) will replace Bajic -Beslija is no doubtful, but he will not play at the start. Grujic will replace him Serbia need just one point. Even Spain beat san Marino with more than three goals. Serbia has a better head to head against Spain (0-0 in Serbia, 1-1 – in Spain)

There are some news about match Serbia – Bosnia. Serbia need just one point. Even Spain beat san Marino with more than three goals. Serbia has a better head to head against Spain (0-0 in Serbia, 1-1 – in Spain)
I've been told that the away goals rule does not apply. If the serbs draw and spain wins by more than 4 clear goals, then spain will finish first on outright goal difference. If serbs win then this is all irrelevant

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October ??????????? have I read this right????? wales to win to nil 1.9 on PP! admittedly the only goal azerbaijann have scored in the last 300yrs was against the welsh but still!! have I found a gem here or am I nuts?

I've been told that the away goals rule does not apply. If the serbs draw and spain wins by more than 4 clear goals' date=' then spain will finish first on outright goal difference. If serbs win then this is all irrelevant[/quote'] That`s true , i just can`t see us drawing and risking two games in playoff with some strong opposition , Czechs for example , when we can solve it tonight !

??????????? have I read this right????? wales to win to nil 1.9 on PP! admittedly the only goal azerbaijann have scored in the last 300yrs was against the welsh but still!! have I found a gem here or am I nuts?
Just for record Azerbedijan , played a draw twice with our national team in qualifications for Euro 2004 , both time result was 1:1...

Just for record Azerbedijan ' date=' played a draw twice with our national team in qualifications for Euro 2004 , both time result was 1:1...[/quote'] Red Label, just for the record these were tough times for your team and these draws were your fault. I remember that even we (Bulgaria) beat you 2:1 in a friendly in 2003 in Krushevac.

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October True , but Wales was in better then S&M in that group , and now they`re playing poor in these qualifications , so ... just saying to mate up there , that shouldn`t put too high stakes that Azerbejian won`t score , as i know it can hurt from personal example ... Anyhow i finaly decided to play Serbia & Mont / Czech double @ 2.2 (local) ... GL!

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October Finally decided to back the Czech Republic on AH -1 (money back if they win just by one. It looks like Baros will start up front together with Heinz. If not Baros, Smicer should start up there. The midfield is strong and the defence as well (Mares on the left). Just Rudi Skacel still missing from the expected line-up but might get a nod during the match (left midfielder). The Finns are missing those few important chaps as well. Have changed my mind namely because - Baros is a probably AND more importantly - the price of AH -1 was about 1.70 two days ago and has risen to 1.97 @ BF and BDQ (1.91 @ Pinnacle) which is a massive change as there has been just one piece of bad news in the meantime - straight win available @ 1.54 (BF).

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October Not related to WC2006 qualifications but anyway: Friendly: Ukraine - Japan kick-off 16:00 CET Odds for draw and away win are nice as Ukraine is without key strikers Shevchenko and Voronin. The hosts managed to lose against Turkey and draw against Albania in their last two home games (but that's after they had qualified for WC 2006). Japan is a decent team and they have a chance to get a draw and perhaps even to win. Russian bookie Fonbet put odds 1.77/3.25/4.1, while Bet365 has 1.66/3.4/4.5. I think Bet365 has overestimated Ukraine and their motivation. I will bet on the draw plus moneyback if Japan wins it.

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October Forgot to mention that my main bet for today is laying Hungary against Croatia. They were poor against Bulgaria on Saturday, they had many missing players and now they will miss key striker Torghele as well. Croatia is the best team in the group, they beat Sweden twice and they are much better than Bulgaria and Hungary. Croatia has little to play for but I believe they should get at least a point. They will miss Niko Kovac and Niko Krancar, Prso might be rested but they have decent replacements. This is a 10/10 bet for me. I still considering laying England and Ireland.

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October Quite like the look of Cyprus (+3) on the Asian handicap. Was 2.025 on Monday, but is down to 1.875 now. France have really struggled for goals in this qualifying campaign - they've scored 3 goals in their 4 home games so far - all 3 against the Faroe Islands. They failed to score past Ireland, Switzerland and Israel. Cyprus away from home lost 3-0 in Ireland, 2-1 in Israel and 1-0 in Switzerland. I've been far from impressed by the French in this campaign, and I'd be surprised if they manage to stick 4 or more past Cyprus, even though they look like they want to go for it. News from L'Equipe: "Raymond Domenech revealed the team on Tuesday for this decisive match against Cyprus at the Stade de France. Faced with the obligation to win and score goals, the French manager has chosen to go with an attacking 4-1-3-2 on paper, with Djibril Cissé and Sylvain Wiltord up front, comparable to the line up against the Faroe Islands in terms of the organisation (Henry played that game instead of Cissé). Les Bleus won 3-0. With Claude Makelele suspended, it's Sidney Govou, a much more attacking player, who comes into the team to make up the numbers. Patrick Vieira will play the defensive role alone, behind a very attacking trio of Zidane in the centre, Dhorasoo on the left and Govou on the right. The main "victim" of this selection is Florent Malouda. The Lyonnais, inconsistent in Switzerland (1-1), loses his place to his main competitor Vikash Dhorasoo. With William Gallas on the left of the defence, this means there is no left-footer in the team. Willy Sagnol regains his place on the right of defence in place of Anthony Réveillère. Sidney Govou has never been in the starting 11 in a World Cup qualifier. Probable teams: France: Coupet - Sagnol, Thuram, Boumsong, Gallas - Vieira, Dhorasoo, Zidane (cap), Govou - Cissé, Wiltord. Cyprus: Panagiotou (cap) - Louka, Lambrou, Elia, Garpozis - Makrides, Charalambous, Krassas, Charalambides - Konstantinou, Aloneftis" Sounds to me like it may be a case of square pegs, round holes, etc. Added to that, they say it's the same kind of approach they took to the Faroe Islands game, and they only managed 3 goals there, and that was with Henry playing, but he'll be missing tonight. If France win by 3 goals stakes are refunded, looks good to me.

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October Ireland v Switzerland...Im going to Lay Ireland..!! Looking at it. It should be a close gaem..Ireland without Duff, R Keane in the team.. will be trying to score at all costs..I fell that Switzerland may nick win on the counter or get the draw they need for 2nd spot..!!.!