** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October

Wednesday 12 October 2005
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifAndorra v Armenia (15:00 BST)4.503.501.86sp.gif105%
sp.gifAlbania v Turkey (17:00 BST)12.006.001.31sp.gif102%
sp.gifGreece v Georgia (17:00 BST)1.247.0015.00sp.gif102%
sp.gifKazakhstan v Denmark (17:00 BST)26.008.001.14sp.gif105%
sp.gifMalta v Bulgaria (18:00 BST)12.005.501.33sp.gif102%
sp.gifFinland v Czech Republic (18:30 BST)7.404.331.51sp.gif103%
sp.gifHolland v Macedonia (18:30 BST)1.128.0021.00sp.gif107%
sp.gifHungary v Croatia (18:30 BST)3.503.252.26sp.gif104%
sp.gifSweden v Iceland (18:30 BST)1.167.6018.50sp.gif105%
sp.gifLuxembourg v Estonia (19:15 BST)12.005.001.33sp.gif104%
sp.gifAustria v Northern Ireland (19:30 BST)1.574.307.50sp.gif101%
sp.gifBelarus v Norway (19:30 BST)2.623.402.60sp.gif106%
sp.gifItaly v Moldova (19:30 BST)1.167.0019.00sp.gif106%
sp.gifLithuania v Belgium (19:30 BST)2.753.352.50sp.gif107%
sp.gifPortugal v Latvia (19:30 BST)1.255.5012.00sp.gif107%
sp.gifSan Marino v Spain (19:30 BST)101.0015.001.03sp.gif105%
sp.gifSerbia & Montenegro v Bosnia & Herzegovina (19:30 BST)1.534.007.40sp.gif104%
sp.gifSlovakia v Russia (19:30 BST)2.923.302.55sp.gif104%
sp.gifSlovenia v Scotland (19:30 BST)1.904.004.50sp.gif100%
sp.gifEngland v Poland (19:45 BST)1.604.107.00sp.gif102%
sp.gifFrance v Cyprus (19:45 BST)1.0614.0051.00sp.gif104%
sp.gifRepublic of Ireland v Switzerland (19:45 BST)2.123.404.33sp.gif100%
sp.gifWales v Azerbaijan (19:45 BST)1.365.5012.00sp.gif101%

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October Finland missing fair few players (see Sat thread), the Czechs too, but the squad is still pretty strong - got REALLY unlucky on Saturday, conceded two quick goals after a missed penalty (temporary loss of concentration) and the second half was one-way traffic - just couldn't find the target. The Czech HAVE TO win to get to the play-offs. Difficult to decide whether these odds (around 1/2 mark and will almost sure shorten before Wednesday) are worth the risk.;)

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October The Croats should win, but don't have to at all and I would be worried they might just turn up to go on celebrating. The Russians have to win, but the Slovaks are no mugs and a draw will see them through to play-offs. The Portuguese are also through already and the price is a bit prohibitive. A bit too many buts and ifs, mainly the motivation issue in these matches.

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October I don't usually look at betting against England but on this occasion, with the way we have played recently, coupled with the injuries and suspensions we've suddenly got, 6/1 on Poland - who have suddenly started scoring for fun in internationals looks to be a value bet. Also Albania have got a few results in this group. They look overpriced to beat Turkey. Last of the outsiders I like the look of are Northern Ireland. I didn't think the time would ever come where I'd consider backing Northern Ireland but given that Austria could only draw 0-0 with Azerbaijan in their last home game and NI have gained a bit of confidence recently they too could be overpriced. I might put those 3 in a patent. A safe treble looks to be Estonia/Serbia-Montenegro/Wales.

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October serb & mont ,czech rep must be best bets for wednesday! both good odds and even though bos & herz have plenty to play for serbias home record speaks for itself. any thoughts? hello by the way:okand thanks for some sound advice:cheers

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October The Kazakhs lost unluckily in the last minute at home to Greece and earned their first point in Georgia at the weekend. Are they worth a sneaky bet at such long odds at home against an under-pressure Denmark? When I see that Kazakhstan is the 9th biggest country in the world, has 16 million people and they will be coached in the Soviet style - it's surely a matter of time before they starting getting results like some of the other former USSR republics??

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October Group 4 - Ireland vs Switzerland Irish performance against Cyprus was roundly criticised on Saturday and with very good reason. As an Irish fan I was calling for O'Shea to be booked so he would be suspended on Wednesday. That would have only left Dunne, Cunningham and Carr to make us clench our buttocks with fear every time the swiss attack (maybe once or twice). Duff definitely misses the match, but who to replace him with? Clinton Morrison or David Connolly as part of three man attack alongside Elliot and Keane? Many pundits calling for Keane to be dropped but Kerr not noted for surprise moves. This will not be a match to watch with entertainment in mind. Has got to be a draw. Odds of 3.40 at Skybet are again way ahead of exchange odds. Should be taken early (and traded back for a free bet if you fancy) Under 2.5 goals is best at 1.65 and not tempting given Irish defensive frailty.

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October As an Irish soccer fan I go into this game with only hope and very little positive expectation. We haven't played well during these qualifiers, most of the time we have played average, enough to get draws against weakened sides. We have done nothing that would justify us to be favorites for this game. Duff is out and considering we simply don't score from corners its hard to see where our goals will come from in open play. You will see plenty of effert but we are short on end product. Given in nets is a quality keeper one of the best in the business but that is where it ends defensively. Cunningham is an experienced player and as captain has done well for us but is getting on and its showing. So as a betting man even though I will absain from this match the bet is Switzerland. They have more quality and work better as a team and have done only good things against us recently so they will fancy their chances. They do only need a draw and that is never good but I would still be confident if I were them. I mean we were fortunate to beat Cypress. We shall have Keano back and that counts for alot so I'd take them on the Asian Handicap. As a fan though I'll be hoping I'm wrong, very wrong.

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October I have to agree with the irish supporters, I think the swiss are very over priced. If they weren,t playing against ireland I would be lumping on them. I also think poland are a good bet. England are missing a few key players and are not on form, Id say this game will be decided by a one goal margin.

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October Missing Czechs - basically the same as on Saturday - Nedved (but he's been missing from the squad since EURO) and Koller and Lokvenc - both tall forwards and the Czech game was based on them to an extent. Otherwise the squad is more or less the same - just Baros was missing from training sessions on Sunday and today - Achilles' heel. Also two defensemen picked up an injury on Saturday - Jiranek (substituted just before HT) and Rozehnal. Probable line-up (early thought): Cech - Grygera, Ujfalusi, Rozehnal, Mares - Poborsky, Galasek, Rosicky, Jarolim - Baros, Heinz (Jun) Also available - Skacel (Rudi of the Hearts who was not playing on Saturday for some reason), Jun - FW, Stajner, Polak, Smicer - all midfielders, but Smicer can play alongside Baros as well - and they would probabaly form the best partnership of those available. Mind you - Fihland has a number of players out as well. The odds are rather short, I think, and have been shortening since Saturday.

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October

Are Wales missing players ? they are very over-priced IMO at 2/5 ( ladbrokes )
Only player Wales are missing from Saturday is Mark Delaney. Danny Gabbidon is back from suspension though. I agree with you they are massively overpriced at 2/5

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October It's the last game for this group and Serbia wants the 3 points to get in the Finals of World Cup 2006.I don't believe that they'll miss this chance in front of their crowd.On the other hand the Serbs in 4 home games have 7-0 goals (1.75 goals per game) and Bosnia 6-6 goals in 4 away games (1.5 goals per game).So I believe the under 2,5 goals has many chances. :clap :nana

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October France v Cyprus X2? currently Cyprus 90/1 forvictory and draw is 33/1 now I know the French should win this match easily but the Cypriots weren't that bad against Ireland were they? France do miss some key players and I might have an X2 punt on Cyprus just for novelty

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October Dejan Stankovic(Inter Milan) is ruled out through injury, Ivica Dragutinovic(FC Sevilla) is doubtful. Probable lineup: Serbia & Montenegro: Dragoslav Jevric - Goran Gavrancic, Mladen Krstajic, Nemanja Vidic, Ivica Dragutinovic (Lukovic) - Ognjen Koroman, Zvonimir Vukic, Igor Duljaj, Predrag Djordjevic - Mateja Kezman, Nikola Zigic (Milosevic) I have no latest news about B&H, but they've got most of their key players available for selection: Barbarez(Hamburger SV), Bajramovic(Schalke), Misimovic(Bochum), Salihamidzic(Bayern Munchen), Music(Torino), Grlic(Duisburg),...,so they'll certainly be a very tough nut to crack.If I'm not wrong, Mo Konjic(Derby County) won't be able to help them tomorrow night. IMO, S&M should do the job here.B&H have got all to play for, but I really can't see them surviving this game.Our four back are amazing, both Vukic and Dordjevic will be able to replace Stankovic, while Kezman is in outstanding form lately.On the back of our great fans, we should finish this campaign in the best possible way.

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October Looks like a huge blow for the Czechs is on the cards - Baros is given some 6 % to start on Wednesday by doctors of the Czech team (which is said to be much better than on Saturday when he looked all but ruled out of the match). Baros's Achilles' heel is in constant pain and he can't even go to light training sessions. This leaves the Czech team WITHOUT an experienced striker - just Jun, maybe Smicer or Heinz can start up front.:(

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October Run to Boylesports quick, and lump on the 7/10 Switzerland +1. Are they for real or what ? This is the best bet that have seen in ages. The Republic are brutal and are going in to this game without Duff and Roy Keane. Cleverly, Gary Doherty decided to tackle Shay Given yesterday too !! The Swiss haven't lost to us in the last three qualifiers, two wins for them when they went to Euro2004, and a home draw in this series. I desperately want Ireland to win, and then get Norway, as there will not be another 'local' World Cup for 12 years. But they have a history of missing the nearby ones, e.g. England in '96 and France in '98 !!

Re: World Cup Quals, Euro Zone, Wed 12th October

Run to Boylesports quick, and lump on the 7/10 Switzerland +1. Are they for real or what ?
This bet is not the asian handicap line, but the handicap which includes a draw option, ie you are backing Switzerland not to lose - in which case you get basically the same odds with other books as well - PP @ 4/6, B365 @ 8/11 for example, and a much better deal @ BDQ - 1.79 Switzerland +1/2 ball (AH, ie. the same).;)